Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RELEASED: Angel City, the Successor to Los Aniegos.

Comments

• AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    WOW Coasterboi :shock: ANGEL CITY looks awesome again with the amazing big wheel :thumbup:

Is it a CC object or created with the CAW?

By the way, I have created a RODEO DRIVE - NO CC and placed it in Los Aniegos :mrgreen:
    And maybe anybody like it:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8276070

esnaex.jpg

THANKS so much for your awesome world :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    x6kikn.jpg
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks to Coasterboi for the awesome new world, and to Anches for the amazing shops to go in it. Off to play in them now :D
  • KotarinaKotarina Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    I was never able to establish world in the game, though tormented day and night. With using a button "save" through the launcher is not installed, and use the button "add" i can not because of an error JavaScript. Please any help.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you have a Java script error with the launcher it says the java you are using is out of date as the launcher requires the newest versions. Make sure you get the right one as it comes in both 32 bit and 64 bit. Also if you did not update flash player which the launcher also needs in the last two days - and keep in mind each browser you use needs a version of flash player - also make sure you have the right version bit wise as well. But both of those and of course Origin needs to all be right up to date to the launcher to perform properly. Flashplayer just had a new update two days ago. Java updated about a week ago, and Orign had a new update about 2 weeks ago - maye a little less - maybe 10 days ago.

As these things are also needed to use the store I gather you haven't bought anything lately which sometimes people realize these things are out of date when they can't successfully buy simpoints. Especially java script. But Java errors only show when it is outdated in the launcher.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2014
    Thanks to Coasterboi for the awesome new world, and to Anches for the amazing shops to go in it. Off to play in them now :D

I am really happy if you like the Rodeo Drive, have fun :lol:

Coasterboi, is the Ferris wheel coming with the Excange download? Or have to download it separate?
    Actual I don´t like CC objects in the world, but it really looks awesome!

Can you download the world without CC and the package separate? It would be so great!

Thanks so much again :lol:
    x6kikn.jpg
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'v moved my family into Angel City, I placed a family of six into a one bedroom apartment since it's expensive to live in the city. Here are a few images that I was able to take well playing and I played the World for about two Sim weeks.

screenshot-84.jpg"width=640"

screenshot-91.jpg"width=640"

screenshot-201.jpg"width=640"

screenshot-42.jpg"width=640"

As many others I also had issue getting the world installed so what I did was run the world through the Sims 3 Compressor then I ran it through the Multi-Installer and ended up with three files, one was CC, one was a PNG image and one was the World. So I then looked at the files in S Viewer and separated the World file from the others. Then I saved the World file as Angel City By Coasterboi.world and copied the file into C://Program Files(X86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/World and pasted it there.

After that I was able to play it with no problems at all, so if Coasterboi is ok with it I can upload the .world file that I have and you guys who are having issues can use it.

Also the only CC is the Ferris Wheel, I removed it from my .world file easy enough doing the above steps.
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anches wrote:
    WOW Coasterboi :shock: ANGEL CITY looks awesome again with the amazing big wheel :thumbup:

Is it a CC object or created with the CAW?

By the way, I have created a RODEO DRIVE - NO CC and placed it in Los Aniegos :mrgreen:
    And maybe anybody like it:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8276070

esnaex.jpg

THANKS so much for your awesome world :D

Wow! This looks great! I posted it to my blog. Hope you don't mind.
    edited June 2014
    Illyianna,
    this would be really great, if you can upload the .world file only, without the Ferris Wheel :)

WOW! Thanks so much Cyberqueen13,
    I am so happy you like it :lol:
    x6kikn.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Anches wrote:
    Illyianna,
    this would be really great, if you can upload the .world file only, without the Ferris Wheel :)

WOW! Thanks so much Cyberqueen13,
    I am so happy you like it :lol:
    Quick question :?: What lot is this in Angel City? I can't seem to find where this was placed as a 33x33 lot. Thanks :)

Edit: After reviewing more of your pix I think I can see that this lot was made for the old Los Aniegos world. Correct me if I am wrong. I will still download it for maybe another world, if the lot is flat enough it should be able to place anywhere, but Angel City does not currently have a 33x33 lot and may be difficult to place. Thanks for such detailed pix. The lot looks beautiful.
    edited June 2014
    More love of the city if you're not following me on Tumblr

Beautiful City~
    2qw297b.jpg
    2lu2krc.jpg
    avsrxc.jpg
    11c9xch.jpg

More pics at http://cyberqueen13.tumblr.com/
    edited June 2014
    Hi Cyberqueen,

Wow! Love your new pics!

Indeed, I have placed the Rodeo Drive lot in Los Aniegos (Paradise Edition), 100 Rodeo Drive :)

But you can place it at an other flat 30x40 or 40x40 lot too. Have seen later Coasterboi's new world :) And I would love to download Angel City too but there is the CC Ferris wheel and I am not sure if it works in my game.
    x6kikn.jpg
  • CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited June 2014
    If anyone would like to upload the .world file, they have my blessing. I'll link it here.
    edited June 2014
    Hey Coasterboi I put a CC free version of your World file on my Blog as well as pictures of your lovely world, you can see it all Here I also linked everything back to this post and I put down instructions of how to install the .world file as well, let me know if everything is ok.

Also here is the direct link to your CC Free .world file http://www.mediafire.com/download/xx4a27ft1i6eo1p/Angel_City__By_Coasterboi.rar so you can take it and link it on your first page with the instructions on how to use it. Once you do that I can remove it from my Blog if you like.

At least I hope I took out the CC, if someone wants to test it for me please do and let me know. If the CC is gone there will be no Ferris Wheel at the Pier.
  • vay2009vay2009 Posts: 792 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Coasterboi I put a CC free version of your World file on my Blog as well as pictures of your lovely world, you can see it all Here I also linked everything back to this post and I put down instructions of how to install the .world file as well, let me know if everything is ok.

Also here is the direct link to your CC Free .world file http://www.mediafire.com/download/xx4a27ft1i6eo1p/Angel_City__By_Coasterboi.rar so you can take it and link it on your first page with the instructions on how to use it. Once you do that I can remove it from my Blog if you like.

At least I hope I took out the CC, if someone wants to test it for me please do and let me know. If the CC is gone there will be no Ferris Wheel at the Pier.

Does your version of the world file include the BIG WA Bridge. that connects the main city to the neighborhood with the large golf park??? I dont see the bridge. I have tried 3 times to install AC and WA and still no bridge. GRRRR its really infuriating me.
    edited June 2014
    He lives right there in that apartment :mrgreen:

wresci.jpg

Thank you Coasterboi for an awesome world!
    edited June 2014
    Anches wrote:
    Hi Cyberqueen,

Wow! Love your new pics!

Indeed, I have placed the Rodeo Drive lot in Los Aniegos (Paradise Edition), 100 Rodeo Drive :)

But you can place it at an other flat 30x40 or 40x40 lot too. Have seen later Coasterboi's new world :) And I would love to download Angel City too but there is the CC Ferris wheel and I am not sure if it works in my game.

Aww, thank you Anches. The world is so beautiful its easy to get great shots. I love love love your lot. I placed it on a 40x40 and its flat so it fit just fine. Thank you for sharing it :)
    edited June 2014
    Anches wrote:
    Hi Cyberqueen,

Wow! Love your new pics!

Aww, thank you Anches. The world is so beautiful its easy to get great shots. I love love love your lot. I placed it on a 40x40 and its flat so it fit just fine. Thank you for sharing it :)

WOOOW! Thanks so much, it´s wonderful you love it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I have download the .world file Angel City too and I think this is a great place for the Rodeo Drive: "2552 Portola Drive Boutiques 40x40. :lol: Do you have bridges in your world? I have all ep's but I don´t have a bridge in Angel City :shock: :?

Hi Illyanny,
    Thanks so much for the .world file and the description. :D It works in my game but I don´t have bridges too and I have all ep´s. :shock: Do you have bridges in Angel City?
    x6kikn.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Yes I have all the bridges in my game and I have all EP's, SP's and Store content.
  • CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Some of the bridges I used are from EA worlds in the store. The missing one connecting downtown to mirror park might be from Monte Visa (?) If not from World Adventures.
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2014

However after installing the world file in the installed worlds folder it does not show up whatsoever?
    edited June 2014
    My .world file doesn't go in the installed world folder it goes into your C://Program Files (X86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds that's the only place you need to paste it, no where else. Yours might also start out as C:// Program Files/Electronic Arts depending on your OS version of Windows.
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2014
    My .world file doesn't go in the installed world folder it goes into your C://Program Files (X86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds that's the only place you need to paste it, no where else. Yours might also start out as C:// Program Files/Electronic Arts depending on your OS version of Windows.

I tried that to, world showed saved the game after hours of playing, then went to play again and its vanished of the menu even though I have a save file, obviously this world is corrupt even tried to install and comes back with failure blah blah, never mind I have plenty of worlds to choose from lol.
    edited June 2014
    Anches wrote:
    Anches wrote:
    Hi Cyberqueen,

Wow! Love your new pics!

WOOOW! Thanks so much, it´s wonderful you love it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I have download the .world file Angel City too and I think this is a great place for the Rodeo Drive: "2552 Portola Drive Boutiques 40x40. :lol: Do you have bridges in your world? I have all ep's but I don´t have a bridge in Angel City :shock: :?

I own all the EP/SP/worlds/ and most store sets.(I'm missing the Nautical Set and Russian Set and didn't want the Prom Set) Yes all the bridges appear in my world. I installed using the launcher and it all worked fine for me.

Edit: The Bridge is from a store world called Monte Vista. If you do not have Monte Vista installed it will not show up.
    edited June 2014
    Liam :shock:
  • princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    edited June 2014
    Amazing work. Keep it up
    IcsaBkL.png