March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Baptist CHurch by LGE

This is a simple little church, placed on a 50x50 lot, and ready to use.

Screenshot-119.jpg

Screenshot-98.jpg

The Sanctuary has stained glass windows, lovely cushioned pews, a "pulpit" (speaker podium), piano and other instruments, and a "baptistry".

Screenshot-101.jpg

Screenshot-102.jpg

The Foyer has a welcome center, attendance board, and bulletin board for any announcements. Restrooms are also located here.

Screenshot-99.jpg

Screenshot-100.jpg

There is a fellowship hall with a small kitchen area and plenty of seating.

Screenshot-106.jpg

Screenshot-107.jpg

The church offices are also on the main floor.

Screenshot-108.jpg

Screenshot-109.jpg

Screenshot-103.jpg

In the basement, we have a coffee alcove,

Screenshot-112.jpg

church library,

Screenshot-113.jpg

several Sunday school rooms,

Screenshot-111.jpg

and a well-equipped nursery/child room.

Screenshot-114.jpg

Screenshot-117.jpg

Screenshot-116.jpg

Screenshot-115.jpg

Screenshot-110.jpg

The grounds have a small playground.

Screenshot-118.jpg

If you want more specific decor, such as a cross for the wall, you can get one here for free - http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_01.shtml

I have a cross on the outside of mine, above the main doors, and also on the upper wall above the platform in the sanctuary (not shown).

The lot is set simply as "Visitors Allowed", so it's pretty open for your sims to use. Hope you enjoy!

The download link on the exchange is here - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8283008

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited June 2014
    First Baptist Church is a very nice build :) Great exterior of it. The church bell tower looks great ! It looks nice the types of windows that you have used through the build. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers either side of the front porch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the Church. The stained glass windows at the front of the Church look nice. It looks great how you have set up the pews for sims to sit on whilst listening to the speaker and music. Great platformed area at the front of the Church for playing the musical instruments. The podium pulpit looks great. The yellow flowers are a nice touch there and nice for sims to see as they are sitting there looking to the front area. It is great that you have done a baptistery area there. Great Fellowship Hall. It looks great how you have set up the tables and chairs there, and have a fridge to get food from. Great offices, Sims will like sitting at the desks reading a book from the bookcase or using the computer. Great layout of the basement level. The house picture on the wall in the coffee area looks nice. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases in the Church library to create a wall of bookcases. Nice comfortable armchair that you have placed there for sims to enjoy sitting and reading a book. Child sims will have fun playing with the toys in the nursery and child's room. Child sims will like seeing the fish decor and butterflies on the walls there. The hanging monkey looks cute! Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment outside too. Great layout of the levels of the Church.
    It is a nice Church with great facilities. :)

• LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glad you like it! I wanted to try uploading something else, after all the frustration over the amusement park that won't upload. At least I know something will work! Going to have to do some serious overhaul on that one, and maybe totally redecorate or something.

I actually started this one after giving up trying to duplicate a real one. Could have done it, if we had wall corners possible that didn't have to be 90° angles! Since we can't do those, I decided to build one from scratch.
  • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    First Baptist Church looks wonderful, LGE! I love the detail of Sanctuary. The pool window gives a beautiful mood inside too. Left you a rec :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nice church! :D I like the windows you have used and the interiors! Especially the seating area with the stage. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, all! i was going for a peaceful look,Since it's a church, after all! Glad you like it, and thanks for the recommendations.

If you post up lots I miss, just msg me and I will recommend as well.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nice church :) It looks very authentic!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited June 2014
    Thanks; really appreciate hearing that! I wanted it as realistic as possible. A smallow pool they could stand in would be awesome for a baptistry, but I haven't found anything like that yet.