Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unplanned pregnancy just by regular woohoo..

Comments

• Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited June 2014
    3800785-9406543481-ulKwy.gif
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:
    3800785-9406543481-ulKwy.gif

You're not funny.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd appreciate that, Celiria! It'd be great to have such a link to clear up this particular question.

I do believe you when you say you've seen that, but I need to see where he said it to verify it for myself. Otherwise, I'll be limited to saying, "some people say this, while other people say that". He's enough of an expert on the game that I'd be inclined to take his word for it.

Edit: I see you posted again while I was typing this out. I will concede the point, then. You are correct, Celiria. I'll make a point of bringing that up when applicable. Thanks!
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    knh330 wrote:
    Kellie

It's been confirmed that there is a chance sims might get pregnant during regular woohoo.

Well that's annoying. What does this mean for the lesbian/gay couples in TS4? Oh this just opens a whole new can of worms.
    castle-umm.gif"width=400"

Thank you, this is pretty much what I did when I read that mess. Smh...

It's been confirmed that there is a chance sims might get pregnant during regular woohoo.

Gosh, I hope we can turn this off or it's a very low chance, what if I want my sims to be an extreme slore or something? :lol:
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    knh330 wrote:
    Kellie

Well that's annoying. What does this mean for the lesbian/gay couples in TS4? Oh this just opens a whole new can of worms.
    castle-umm.gif"width=400"

Thank you, this is pretty much what I did when I read that mess. Smh...

Gosh, I hope we can turn this off or it's a very low chance, what if I want my sims to be an extreme slore or something? :lol:

Then that's the risk. Besides if you don't want the child you can most likely delete them after birth.
  • Options
    A7X_JessieA7X_Jessie Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kellie

3793024-9159312800-37743.gif

As for the unplanned risk, I think I'd be one of the ones who doesn't mind. It adds realism, although I can see how it could screw things up for some people who want things to happen a certain way. I just hope the sim reactions to pregnancy, and also once the baby is born to make more sense this time around.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well that's annoying. What does this mean for the lesbian/gay couples in TS4?.

740961.gif
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2014
    Unwanted kids? Well, I guess that's what pools are for.

Oh wait...
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm pretty happy this is returning. With the improved genetics having kids should be more fun again, lol. But you're right, OP. The way things work now is pretty dumb. With the big emphasis on emotions cheating better have consequences. And they need to improve family stuff big time. Step-children and parents taking longer to build a relationship and just more family interaction in general. I never wanted to play families in TS3 but with unplanned pregnancy I'm hoping they make it worth it to keep the kids.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey, Celiria, I don't know if you've seen my previous post since you last commented, but I thought I should point out that it's been edited to reflect the information you put up earlier.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    nateslice wrote:
    Hey, Celiria, I don't know if you've seen my previous post since you last commented, but I thought I should point out that it's been edited to reflect the information you put up earlier.

No worries, I saw your edit.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Good to know; I like to have confirmation that the point got across when I tell someone he was right and I was wrong.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited June 2014
    LOL @ all the gifs, and LMAO at that LGBT pregnancy comment. Maybe in the future? hehe.

Anyway, be a glitch or whatever, pregancy during normal woohoo happened to my sims in both TS2 and TS3 and I was shocked but made it work. Like others have mentioned, I'm guessing it is a very low percentage, sort of like dying from laughter, it has to be forced. So yes, if you have a hopeless romantic sim ladies and gents, I'm guessing if you wh*re them out enough they might just get preggers or get someone preggers. It seems it may be based on how often you woohoo. I just feel sorry for those who will have the 'dislikes children' trait. Maybe they'll have a lifetime reward of 'exempt from risky woohoo. :D
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    You'd think if Sims had tablets and smartphones they might have... *cough* condoms. Well, good thing I make a bunch of gay couples. I think having random babies is absolutely silly and inhibits my gameplay. They should've really just made it an option.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    By the way has lifetime rewards been confirmed? If so I hope we can still cheat and give our sims enough points to buy them.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is why Sims need birth control.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't mind a put up for adoption feature.

I figure the woohoo skill may have something to do with chances. Sims with lower skill may be at an increased risk of a suprise pregnancy especially when they woohoo a lot.

Thing is with the friends with benefits feature I'll probebly have 2 roomates woohooing every night.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    All I want is a pop-up with every birth that allows the player to choose to keep baby or put the baby up for adoption. This should be for every pregnancy with no guilt and no questions asked, because if a family is just too broke or there's no room in the house, etc there should be appropriate options for sim and player :wink:

Besides, many of us wanted a better adoption system, and that begins with having more unwanted/unplanned pregnancies to increase the adoption pool, plus probably some infertility problems that would increase the demand for adoptions. Hopefully there will be a menu that shows available babies, toddlers, and children that sims can adopt when they choose to. Perhaps they could also become foster parents to teen sims, and that would be similar to adopting except it would not change the family tree or the family name of the teen.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    All I want is a pop-up with every birth that allows the player to choose to keep baby or put the baby up for adoption. This should be for every pregnancy with no guilt and no questions asked, because if a family is just too broke or there's no room in the house, etc there should be appropriate options for sim and player :wink:

Besides, many of us wanted a better adoption system, and that begins with having more unwanted/unplanned pregnancies to increase the adoption pool, plus probably some infertility problems that would increase the demand for adoptions. Hopefully there will be a menu that shows available babies, toddlers, and children that sims can adopt when they choose to. Perhaps they could also become foster parents to teen sims, and that would be similar to adopting except it would not change the family tree or the family name of the teen.

I am very happy that there will be unplanned pregnancy. it makes the game more interesting and with more twist.
    but I also love what you have said about getting the different options like putting up the baby for adoption.

maybe when the child grows up and face his real mother in the world there will be some really nice consequences. I would love to have the option of the child to put for adoption but at the same time there should always be a reference somewhere in the UI or family tree of his real biological parents. I want that adopted child to be part of my world (like an npc or a playable sim when adopted by a family)

And of course there is the social worker which I have no idea if is present in the Sims 3. never encountered her in Sims 3. Doubt if the is there. Love to have her back in Sims4. would be another good option to give away the child but in a more cruel way :D
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:

I am very happy that there will be unplanned pregnancy. it makes the game more interesting and with more twist.
    but I also love what you have said about getting the different options like putting up the baby for adoption.

maybe when the child grows up and face his real mother in the world there will be some really nice consequences. I would love to have the option of the child to put for adoption but at the same time there should always be a reference somewhere in the UI or family tree of his real biological parents. I want that adopted child to be part of my world (like an npc or a playable sim when adopted by a family)

And of course there is the social worker which I have no idea if is present in the Sims 3. never encountered her in Sims 3. Doubt if the is there. Love to have her back in Sims4. would be another good option to give away the child but in a more cruel way :D

Sorry, I forgot to open with how much I love it that Sims 4 has unplanned pregnancies! I want it to happen in my sim families--I love unexpected surprises and think baby sims are awesome surprises :mrgreen: I'll keep most of them!

But I like having some sims adopt and want them to be able to choose from available sims. Maybe one family picks the "cutest" one (they're all cute) while another would pick the child or infant with traits they like, etc.

I would like to have sims be able to work as a social worker, and I'd like a foster care system too so parents can get a second chance if they work hard to improve. Mainly I want to play the foster parents and try to get the foster kids/teens on track in a short time. Provide them with emotional support, tutoring in homework, introduce them to new creative hobbies, and develop a bond with them. I guess that could be in an expansion of some sort one day :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I'm glad for this feature (I know I made a post about this last week but) I really am looking forward to this! I really hope the Maid can have kids now like in TS2 because I hate the fact that they can't in TS3 :?
    I think rewards or plants and even recipes may have an affect on fertility and maybe we may be able to reduce it if you so desire however, I love to see loads of families in my game although I don't think we'd be at risk having baby blooms as the chances will probably be very low... :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to open with how much I love it that Sims 4 has unplanned pregnancies! I want it to happen in my sim families--I love unexpected surprises and think baby sims are awesome surprises :mrgreen: I'll keep most of them!

But I like having some sims adopt and want them to be able to choose from available sims. Maybe one family picks the "cutest" one (they're all cute) while another would pick the child or infant with traits they like, etc.

I would like to have sims be able to work as a social worker, and I'd like a foster care system too so parents can get a second chance if they work hard to improve. Mainly I want to play the foster parents and try to get the foster kids/teens on track in a short time. Provide them with emotional support, tutoring in homework, introduce them to new creative hobbies, and develop a bond with them. I guess that could be in an expansion of some sort one day :wink:

I want what you want. ALL OF IT :mrgreen:
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Yeah I'm glad for this feature (I know I made a post about this last week but) I really am looking forward to this! I really hope the Maid can have kids now like in TS2 because I hate the fact that they can't in TS3 :?
    I think rewards or plants and even recipes may have an affect on fertility and maybe we may be able to reduce it if you so desire however, I love to see loads of families in my game although I don't think we'd be at risk having baby blooms as the chances will probably be very low... :wink:

WOW you reminded me of how the maid could get pregnant in Sims 2!! That game had some very deep interesting features.
    all gaming features of Sims 2 should be brought back and added to
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ReslekReslek Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I love it!

Though it might be fairly deep and come with a few options, since Woohoo is turning into a skill in TS4. Maybe experienced Woohoo'ers can do it with less chance of unplanned pregnancy.

Who knows!
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    Morning after pill will be one of the first mods worked on.