Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

Comments

• Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's quite lovely! <3 It will go perfectly with the bakery set I think! XD
  • Options
    SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2014
    Obviously I'm going to buy it and I can't wait to see what else comes with it.

But...

Please please please make a plain version of the teaset without the flower pattern on.
    Ideally I'd like it to be recolourable, but if not then if you could include a plain silver service with white china cups as one option it would make this fit into places the flowers would look really out of place.
    Even if it was just the tea service that was plain with patterned cups, I could live with that but don't make my sims have to own a flowery teapot unless they are visiting their grandmother I'm begging you.

• Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm really happy it's a tea set. I have to say I was hoping it would be a high tea set, with food, but it doesn't look like there'd be room for food on the table. I could have sworn we mentioned scones...

Afternoon+tea.jpg

I wonder if it's a table like a chess set, which would be weird if it's always sitting there all ready without anyone having to make tea, or if it's a tablecloth+tea set that spreads out on the table kind of like a picnic.

I love the idea of harvestables and milk being used with the tea set! Hope so.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gah! I just wrote a huge essay about how much I love this and how excited I am... then I got blimmin' LIAMED!

*kicks a gnome*

Anyway, take my word that it involved lots of excited squee-ing and this rather wonderful meme:

h237897A0

:shock: I thought cats only knew how to make coffee.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Simbolic wrote:
    Obviously I'm going to buy it and I can't wait to see what else comes with it.

But...

Please please please make a plain version of the teaset without the flower pattern on.
    Ideally I'd like it to be recolourable, but if not then if you could include a plain silver service with white china cups as one option it would make this fit into places the flowers would look really out of place.
    Even if it was just the tea service that was plain with patterned cups, I could live with that but don't make my sims have to own a flowery teapot unless they are visiting their grandmother I'm begging you.

Hi Simbolic that sounds ideal! :shock: :D

If you look closely at the cups they are a different color than the teapot, so this kinda looks like it could well happen. :D
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE!

:)
  • Options
    poshiepie89poshiepie89 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2014
    Question: can the tea set be put on different tables or is it all one object? (Love the table... just curious).
    I'm curious about this too. I love the table but I would love it if the tea set were something you could put on any table. Either way I'm just super excited for tea and learning more about this set as a whole. Maybe we'll even see a certain L-shaped staircase make its way back to the store if they worked the bugs out of it. Great Set already Store Team, and we haven't even seen the whole thing lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    :(
    It would have been a great opportunity to give the old folks some new threads so they could dress up in their traditional garments, bustle dresses or artsy, hip and trendy clothes and go out on the town and drink tea and eat scones and petite fours!
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited June 2014
    Really happy for all the people who wanted a tea set :D

Although, since we're not getting CAS with this, is there any chance a Victorian bustle skirt/dress could be released later in the month as an individual item? It would go well with this set, and I know people have been asking for it.

Just one little 75-SP item...

28587953.jpg
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    We would love (need) lots of decor items, like tea boxes / tea tins, tea cups and how about a single china plate with a scone or a cookie or a cupcake (preferably one of each!)!?

2005_032425thNovsnow0002_zps7c4a9c8f.jpg

And how about some collectibles, like plates and figurines?
    65_179_zps065445c0.jpg

il_340x270413778523_gy7q_zps8573a9ba.jpg
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    Question: can the tea set be put on different tables or is it all one object? (Love the table... just curious).
    I'm courthouse about this too. I love the table but I would love it if the tea set were something you could put on any table. Either way I'm just super excited for tea and learning more about this set as a whole. Maybe we'll even see a certain L-shaped staircase make its way back to the store if they worked the bugs out of it. Great Set already Store Team, and we haven't even seen the whole thing lol

L-shaped stairs would make me happy. So would an explanation as to why you are courthouse about this. :lol: :oops: I'm sorry if english isn't your first language. This is probably just a typo. But I find it very funny. :lol: (no offense meant) :D
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:
    I'm courthouse about this too. I love the table but I would love it if the tea set were something you could put on any table. Either way I'm just super excited for tea and learning more about this set as a whole. Maybe we'll even see a certain L-shaped staircase make its way back to the store if they worked the bugs out of it. Great Set already Store Team, and we haven't even seen the whole thing lol

L-shaped stairs would make me happy. So would an explanation as to why you are courthouse about this. :lol: :oops: I'm sorry if english isn't your first language. This is probably just a typo. But I find it very funny. :lol: (no offense meant) :D

IMG_20140416_150416_324a_zps6e83afb7.jpg

Yes this would be a great addition to this set. It just blends well. (hopefully we see it and all the bugs are worked out)
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited June 2014

That's actually good with me. You know, like they asked me or something. :D But I prefer the build/buy anyway.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Simmers!

Ready to see what July has in store for you?

1) Is it Tea Time yet? #BrunchAtTheOldMill
    Screenshot-16%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

What an ugly looking set. Think I'll give that a miss.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

Yes, a lot of my building ideas hinge on this question. That and CASt. :D

Yep. :D
    Simbolic wrote:

As much as I like the teapot, I really hope there is a plain version. It'd make it really adaptable!
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    I could have sworn we mentioned scones...

I NEED confirmation on the scones! :shock: :lol:

I really hope it's compatible with harvestables too.

h237897A0

:shock: I thought cats only knew how to make coffee.[/quote]

Of course British cats know how to serve tea! :lol:
    Great Set already Store Team, and we haven't even seen the whole thing lol

Ha ha! Store team... you had me at 'tea'. :lol:
    Krisha880 wrote:
    :(
    It would have been a great opportunity to give the old folks some new threads so they could dress up in their traditional garments, bustle dresses or artsy, hip and trendy clothes and go out on the town and drink tea and eat scones and petite fours!

I was really thinking this would have been the perfect opportunity for Victorian dresses. :cry:
    pixiegamer wrote:

Although, since we're not getting CAS with this, is there any chance a Victorian bustle skirt/dress could be released later in the month as an individual item? It would go well with this set, and I know people have been asking for it.

Just one little 75-SP item...

28587953.jpg

please.png
    Krisha880 wrote:
    We would love (need) lots of decor items, like tea boxes / tea tins, tea cups and how about a single china plate with a scone or a cookie or a cupcake (preferably one of each!)!?

More décor! More décor! More décor!!!

What an ugly looking set. Think I'll give that a miss.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Have fun while you're missing it anyways! :lol:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    I'm really happy it's a tea set. I have to say I was hoping it would be a high tea set, with food, but it doesn't look like there'd be room for food on the table. I could have sworn we mentioned scones...

Afternoon+tea.jpg

I wonder if it's a table like a chess set, which would be weird if it's always sitting there all ready without anyone having to make tea, or if it's a tablecloth+tea set that spreads out on the table kind of like a picnic.

There's already a stand similar to the one in your photo in the Sims 3 Store. It's part of the Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set. Here's a link:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:45960

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    Squeeeeeeeeeee!! A Tea Set!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Happy dance time!! :D:D

tumblr_m3xsptTZkD1rn435g.gif
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited June 2014
    *happy dances with Kate*

38062-charlie-brown-happy-dance-gif.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2014
    simhead70 wrote:
    IMG_20140416_150416_324a_zps6e83afb7.jpg

Yes this would be a great addition to this set. It just blends well. (hopefully we see it and all the bugs are worked out)

This one is lost forever. Instead of it I will prefer a large U-shaped stairs for (Shepard's) loft (2-tile stairs)
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited June 2014
    hmm the table and tea set look kind of combined to me. Like placing a chess table, where you can only put chairs around it. Otherwise the four cup set up wouldn't work at a bigger table.

Exactly this. ^^^
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow! :shock:

(And when I first opened the thread, I thought it would be cooking...). :)

I am really happy for all the tea aficionados!

(Will we be getting a Japanese tea set, too? *hopes*).

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

EDIT:

Hmm, brunch at the old mill, huh??? I sense corn in the future... :P
    Hello Mistletoe my dear (^.^)/ *waves*
    I hope you are right, it would be wonderful to have the corn unlocked :D :thumbup:
    Tea set ? Like playing with dolls ?

The next update MUST be a MALE update like Motocross/ATV/Sport :P
    :lol::lol:
    Eveebella wrote:
    This is nice I love tea, any kind of tea English tea, Asian tea, Moroccan tea, you name it LOL.
    Hello Evee my lovely (^.^)/ *waves*
    I agree, I love tea! :D I never drink coffee, tea and cupcakes that is me :D
    Squeeeee been wanting this for so long!

By favorite past time, I think they are referring to the Sims 2 tea set? (For years people been asking for this for Sims 3 since it was in Sims 2) Which makes me think we will get a Asian ceremonial tea set version too or in lieu of.

Sorry it is a female dominated game most items and clothing are geared towards females probably cause more females play this game and since this series is almost over don't expect a large quick male injection of store stuff, we will be lucky for a few male things for any genre, style or theme. More adrenaline like stuff hasn't really been ask for as much as other things... long story short we will get kids, elders and maybe even maternity before another all or male majority set in a male heavy theme like adrenaline.
    :lol: I knew this would thrill you Hollowness :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014

even any 4 peopæe table be fantastic...

and now I will go squee over tea :mrgreen:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited June 2014
    hmm the table and tea set look kind of combined to me. Like placing a chess table, where you can only put chairs around it. Otherwise the four cup set up wouldn't work at a bigger table.

Exactly this. ^^^

Thank you and now I can begin to design!

♥love♥ the tea service :mrgreen:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014

Exactly this. ^^^

ah ok

makes plan for a tea shop bakery..... with a bistro cafe part....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:

Exactly this. ^^^

ah ok

makes plan for a tea shop bakery..... with a bistro cafe part....

:thumbup: A perfect combination! :thumbup:

Edit: In fact I am not sure that I can improve on the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery Building, so I may be using it for a long time after I finish remolding it with the tea set content. :D

Almost like the Store Team planned it that way! :wink: