Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Llamaland Amusement Park by LadyGreenEyes

Remember those gnomes that built an amusement park, then vanished? Well, they made a reappearance, and have created a new and even more fun-filled park, which they named Llamaland Amusement Park, after their favorite animal. Rumor has it the gnomes might actually be around this one someplace, too! What's in the park, you ask? What isn't??

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8283329

The front entrance is graced with two amazing flying llamas.
Screenshot-10.jpg

The Monster Roller Coaster is a big hit with visitors.
Screenshot-17.jpg
Screenshot-18.jpg
It's big, it's green.....it's wet!
Screenshot-80.jpg
It twists and turns and loops!
Screenshot-74.jpg
The Monster is a ton of fun!
Screenshot-77.jpg

An old favorite, the Ball Pit Jump Zone, is back.
Screenshot-12.jpg

There is a Big Top Show Stage.
Screenshot-13.jpg
Screenshot-14.jpg

Rumor has it you can whack on some evil clowns in that area, too!

The Old West section includes a saloon,
Screenshot-24.jpg
Screenshot-25.jpg

a Canyon Wall Race,
Screenshot-23.jpg

and a Bull Ride.
Screenshot-22.jpg

The park features a Kiddle Carousel.
Screenshot-26.jpg

The ever popular Rocket Ride is back.
Screenshot-52.jpg
Screenshot-95.jpg

For the more daring, the Gyroscope Ride awaits.
Screenshot-54.jpg

The water area includes the Frog Slide,
Screenshot-32.jpg

Water Balloon Arena,
Screenshot-33.jpg

and Boat Ride.
Screenshot-34.jpg
Screenshot-35.jpg

The Medieval Area has lots to do, with the main attraction being the Black Knight Roller Coaster. A Jester Slide is near the entrance.
Screenshot-41.jpg
Screenshot-42.jpg
Screenshot-75.jpg
Screenshot-42.jpg
Screenshot-68.jpg

The area also features an Archery Range,
Screenshot-40.jpg
Screenshot-93.jpg

a Knight Fort,
Screenshot-39.jpg

Dragon Ride,
Screenshot-73.jpg

Carousel,
Screenshot-91.jpg

and Broom Arena.
Screenshot-53.jpg

There is a Spooky Zone, with a Haunted House,
Screenshot-51.jpg

Gnome Maze (and the gnomes from Seven Gnomes park might be inside!!!),
Screenshot-49.jpg
Screenshot-48.jpg

Time Machine,
Screenshot-78.jpg

Cow Plant Corral,
Screenshot-47.jpg

and Car Ride.
Screenshot-46.jpg

That's just the rides, folks! There are other attractions as well.

Comments

• LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    What attractions, you ask? Well, I am glad you did! Step right up, ladies and gents, and get all the news you need!

No park would be complete without Midway Games.
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-84.jpg

The Celtic Pool Hot Tub offers a refreshing way to relax.
    Screenshot-72.jpg

Nearby, for convenience, Ye Old Outhouses offer a way to clean up, and other needed relief.
    Screenshot-70.jpg

The Jester Face Painting Booth awaits those who can laugh at life, and themselves.
    Screenshot-94.jpg

The Aquarium is a nice place to relax in between rides, and watch the fish.
    Screenshot-79.jpg

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Hut comes complete with crystal ball, for those daring enough to look into the future.
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    Screenshot-64.jpg

There is a Tattoo Parlor for the rebellious in your group.
    Screenshot-62.jpg
    Screenshot-65.jpg

The secluded Fire Pit is a good place for ghost stories.
    Screenshot-45.jpg

The Creepy Pumpkin Patch offers a nice harvest for sims not afraid of that spooky scarecrow.
    Screenshot-50.jpg

The Coffee Shop offers hot beverages and tasty pastries.
    Screenshot-92.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg

The Dance Floor is a great place to spend time with a date. Get a photo in the booths, or at the cut-outs, or dance with the happy little sunflower!
    Screenshot-21.jpg

The Snack Shack offers tasty treats.
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Beneath it is the Subterranean Arcade, with lots of cool games and skeeball.
    Screenshot-28.jpg

Beneath the Monster are the main restrooms.
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    Screenshot-96.jpg

Of course, there are small ones scattered here and there.

The Park also has several picnic and refreshment areas.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-60.jpg
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-87.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    As I hope you expect, There is plenty of nice decor for your sims to enjoy as well.

Screenshot-57.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

Screenshot-89.jpg

Screenshot-88.jpg

Screenshot-55.jpg

Screenshot-58.jpg

Screenshot-36.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

Here are some overview shots of the whole park, so you can get an idea of the layout.

Front -
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Screenshot-83.jpg

Rear -
    Screenshot-8.jpg

Left -
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Right -
    Screenshot-9.jpg

partial overview -
    Screenshot-76.jpg

coaster angle -
    Screenshot-82.jpg

Lots of work went into this, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as you have the Seven Gnomes Amusement Park! The link will be up as soon as it's posted to my Studio. Taking forever tonight, for some reason!

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a fun amusement park! It looks amazing :mrgreen:

I will rec' when the link is posted 8)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    Amazing! It looks like so much fun. :D
    edited June 2014
    Sorry folks; know you are waiting, but the lot isn't showing on my Studio, after a couple of hours, though the launcher shows it as "uploaded". never had one take this long. Any ideas?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your Amusement Park is great! :) Sims will have lots of fun visiting it! There are so many things for sims to enjoy seeing and doing! It looks great how you have set up themed areas of the park! It is great that sims of all ages will enjoy visiting there! Child sims will have fun riding the spring riders. It is a very detailed build! Great presentation of your build in this thread! It is great looking at the pictures of them and reading the accompanying descriptions. Great layout of the build. The roller coasters look great! The colours that you have used through the build look great!
    Great designing of the build and all the different areas of it! :) It is a detailed fun build! :)
    edited June 2014
    I am sorry that you are having trouble uploading your build. Other simmers lately have been having troubles uploading , and then the next day the upload has been successful. Sometimes store patterns can cause problems. Also simmers are finding that the variegated vase item from the hewnsman set and the tiki idol in the tiki set has caused problems in uploading. I hope that your build can upload for you soon.
    edited June 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    I am sorry that you are having trouble uploading your build. Other simmers lately have been having troubles uploading , and then the next day the upload has been successful. Sometimes store patterns can cause problems. Also simmers are finding that the variegated vase item from the hewnsman set and the tiki idol in the tiki set has caused problems in uploading. I hope that your build can upload for you soon.

Thanks for the compliments, and I hope it does show up eventually!

The only patterns I might have are from the carnival stuff, I think, and I don't have those other things at all. I have seen a few other threads about the same problem, though. Hopefully, it's just slow, and will show up!

The goal with this one was to add the new carousel, and some new coasters, and still have a ton to do as in the other amusement park. Amazingly, I added a few other things as well. The sims might never want to leave!

Well, patience, all; promise a link as soon as it's up, or check my page, in case it shows when I am not online.
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    What an amazing and very detailed amusement park! I want to go to it! I love your attention to detail on this project. :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited June 2014
    Well, apparently there is some issue bad enough that even a tech (live chat) could not upload and see his own stuff. So........waiting, and hoping it's resolved. Hang in there, folks!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a fun place! :D Love your amusement park! Once you upload it I will be happy to recommend. Great job! :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    Thanks again to all, and still awaiting some solution. As of Sunday night, a tech couldn't upload, so it's not just a few of us having issues. Trying it again, so we will see if I have any luck this time!
    edited June 2014
    It's got to be some weird issue with the lot, because another lot uploaded fine. Does anyone know what other items have been causing issues? Really want to get this one on here.

Well, I did manage to upload another lot, so there has to be some odd issue with this one. I have tried changing the only store patterns used (even though I also used them in Seven Gnomes Amusement Park, with no issues), and replacing the few plants that were store items as well. No luck. Most of what's in it was in the other park as well. The tattoo machine wasn't, or the time machine, and of course the new carousel, and the games, popcorn and cotton candy machines, and tent pieces that came with it were also not used before. Other than that, maybe the castle exterior pieces are "new" to this park. Really hope someone has some ideas what else I could alter, to get it posted. I'll try switching pretty much anything at this point, to get this lot uploaded properly. Just at a loss what to try.
    edited June 2014
    I am having no luck on this at all. If someone knows a site that will allow uploads, with out a lot of hassles, I'll be happy to upload there. I can't fathom what the issue is. I have renamed it several times, removed some store content (plants and wall patterns), and attempted fresh uploads, but either it claims it did and never shows up, or I get a "system error". And, yes, I removed that "missing idx" file from the dccache folder, and still got it. I am ready to scream!

If you know somewhere else I can upload, just post here, and I'll do my best to get it online for you.
    edited June 2014
    I am sorry that you are still having problems uploading. Another item that has caused problems is the moon dial that came with Supernatural EP. Some people upload creations to Mediafire , so perhaps you could upload there if you can't get it uploaded.
    edited June 2014
    The link is up!!!!!!!!! It's in the opening post, and also here -

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8283329

Please note; the decor is different - I removed virtually ALL of the store decor items, save the ride signs and some of the carnival stuff. If you want it exactly like the pictures, you'll have to add those items back in. The park itself, though, is ready!

Changes include some wall decor, a LOT of the castle stuff around the coaster at the rear, such as the railings, and stair railings, and the castle battlement pieces, and round tower pieces and roof. The wall decor there changed as well, as did the unicorn statue, and the weapon rack was changed for a moon dial. The Celtic picnic tables were swapped. Some fountains changed, a planter was removed and replaced with something else, flowers were changed (VERY few there), and some decor in the western section. If you have the pictured items, it will be easy to swap them out. At least this way the lot can be downloaded.

Thanks for being patient, and I hope you enjoy the lot, after all the wait!!
    edited June 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    I am sorry that you are still having problems uploading. Another item that has caused problems is the moon dial that came with Supernatural EP. Some people upload creations to Mediafire , so perhaps you could upload there if you can't get it uploaded.

Weird! I actually added that in place of the store weapons rack I had in the medieval area. Pulled a ton of stuff, swapping things out, but it's UP now!

Might check out Mediafire anyway; the ModtheSims site seems to be picky about who they allow to upload there.
    edited June 2014
    I am pleased that you have now been able to upload your build! :) It is great that now simmers will be able to enjoy having your Amusement Park in their games! I had read on threads that the moon dial was causing problems with uploading for some simmers so I decided to post about it. It is great that it wasn't the cause of your problems.
    edited June 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    I am pleased that you have now been able to upload your build! :) It is great that now simmers will be able to enjoy having your Amusement Park in their games! I had read on threads that the moon dial was causing problems with uploading for some simmers so I decided to post about it. It is great that it wasn't the cause of your problems.

Well, I don't know what was in this case; I removed quite a lot. The bear and tree ring from the "Classics" set, several Castle interior decor items, the llama wall hangings, the planter that looks like a broken boat, a unicorn statue I got as a mystery bag item (that I used successfully in the other amusement park), the medieval stair railing and fence, the Celtic picnic tables that look like stone, the outdoor lights that are sort of like towers, the weapons rack, and a few plants that were store ones, just in case. Seems like it could be virtually any store content, as though their system isn't listing those as it should, and being able to sub out something else for those that are missing the items, like it's supposed to. Hopefully, they'll get that fixed. Decorating without store items can be boring!!!

Ah, well, at least it's up now.

Think I'll play with the old park, and see if I can fit the new carousel into it.
    edited June 2014
    Glad to see some of you are getting the lot! If you have any questions about the decor, and how to correct it, let me know and I can post more pics or something. I can also let you know more specifics about things I changed to get it working, since the site seems to be having store content issues.

1. At the back of the park, where the castle is built around the coaster, several decor areas were changed. The moon dial you will see now was a weapons rack. The abstract statue was a unicorn, though you might not have that. I got it as a bonus thing with sim points, and I don't know if you can buy it as an item. The battlements at the top of the castle were removed for fencing, the stair rails were removed, and the matching fencing (with the hanging banners) was changed. The long banner to the right of the coaster door was changed. Inside the coffee shop (beneath that coaster entrance), the decor was changed. The banner of the lady and the knight was swapped for the T-rex head, near the coffee bar, a shield and sword set was changed for a WA sword set, and the owl was changed for another sword. At the back of the snack shack, two fountains were changed. The cute frog fairie fountain was by the door, and the other across from it was the kraken one. In the western area, the bear and tree ring from the Classics set were removed for other decor. The broken boat planter was removed for another item. It was across from the shark teeth, by a bench. The Celtic picnic tables were swapped out for wooden ones, and the cool "guard tower" outdoor lights were changed for hanging lantern ones. The red and yellow banner lights (in misc.) were also changed out. Other than that, I think the only changes were a few plants - the nicotiana was swapped for the dark pink one, an orange flowering bush near the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 stall was swapped, and the ones behind the snack shack were changed to all one color, in case the store one was an issue. That should cover most of it. Ask me if you have issues, though.
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am so glad to see you've got it up! I've rec'd it! Again, great work!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited June 2014
    Thanks! Took forever, and tons of frustration, but it's up! Half the fun of creating a nice new lot is sharing.