The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some of you guys are giving sims 4 way to much of a break because of sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my goodness, OP, I'm not giving TS4 a free pass, I have probably been one of the most vocal on here about things I saw early that I didn't like.

I don't like a big open world in TS3, I like community lots they say will be fuller and spaces outside will 'attract' the Sims in their houses. I know how this works in TS2 when objects attract Sims to come and use them no matter where they are. That is the type of gameplay I enjoy, and it's just a simple matter for my gaming style in The Sims. I just think TS4 offers me more about what I loved about TS2 than TS3 ever can. So, they aren't getting a free pass, I still see some mesh glitches and other things in some pictures etc. and other things I'm not in love with about this game, however, I like rotational play and turning off aging for one household and always wanted the rest of the world to get old if I wanted it to do that, can't do that in TS3. TS3 is buggy too much for me to spend anymore money now that TS4 is coming out shortly. I want a new Sim game because TS3 was a pretty game but not the gam for me after TS2. I think TS4 might be the better game for me, and has nothing to do with giving them a free pass. It took me a year to get used to the art style, which I will still need some Sims to have some CC hair. Not all of them, but some.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Not really. I think they made all the decisions that they made for a reason. Things always come and got and get removed or replaced. That isn't anything new.

If you want a more active town that lags less, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. If anything, I think people are giving Sims 4 no chance because you don't want to let go of the old game.

Sims 3 didn't do as well as Sims 2, so they doing what they think most fans want.

and as it's been pointed out multiple times, you don't need to loose open world for a more active town, that was bad routing/programing causing the issue. again, why should we have to compromise because of the programers incompetence?

And yes stuff does get removed, but nothing this major. Open world and Cast were sims 3's biggest selling points.

I feel like the majority of people that say "open world doesn't need to be removed to run better, it's all routing and what not..." have absolutely no idea how game-coding works.

Oh yes because Gurus have done such a great job with TS3 in the past that we didn't need modders telling us how to fix our game. :roll:
    Why did Twallan introduce Overwatch and the ResetSim option? Those were made to correct ROUTING issues!
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    Just a general comment at the people going "well I don't care about Cast or open world, that's not important to me."

Even if those things aren't important to you, that doesn't mean you should be so laid back about their removal and ready to give Sims 4 a go. I won't even miss Cast that much but i recognize why it's removal isn't good by any means, why? Because all that's going to happen from buying Sims 4 is Maxis is going to get encouraged to pull this same BS again in another 5 years with Sims 5. Maybe at that point you'll be the one on the side of the fence going "but this isn't a step forward!" because one of the features you liked got removed that time.

Food for thought.

Some people really do not care about open world and CAST. Why should I make a fuss about a feature I could care less about? Yeah I know it sucks for those who do care about CAST, sorry to hear that, but that is a large feature (from TS3) I can live without.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    Just a general comment at the people going "well I don't care about Cast or open world, that's not important to me."

Even if those things aren't important to you, that doesn't mean you should be so laid back about their removal and ready to give Sims 4 a go. I won't even miss Cast that much but i recognize why it's removal isn't good by any means, why? Because all that's going to happen from buying Sims 4 is Maxis is going to get encouraged to pull this same BS again in another 5 years with Sims 5. Maybe at that point you'll be the one on the side of the fence going "but this isn't a step forward!" because one of the features you liked got removed that time.

Food for thought.

Yes, food for thought, but it seems you are trying to make people jump off the fence to your side of thinking. I don't really like TS3 all that much. Yes, I bought EPs and were given EPs by family and even broke down and bought a lot of stuff from the store, but I was never going to love, love, love it, like I did the TS2. Or even TS1, bugs or not, it wasn't about the Sim, imho, but the stuff and the micro transactions, and yes pools do belong in a base game. But I am looking for a game about the 'Sim' not the player, and I will be back fussing if it really isn't about the Sim but what the player can earn, or collect or gain etc. I want a new modern game about the Sim, my TS2 is getting old, so why try to make people think they shouldn't buy it. Leave them alone, they can make up their own minds. I made up my mind TS3 wasn't worth anymore EPs (yes due to bugs) but also because of the robotic Sim and the lack of interactions and what I thought should be in EPs instead of the store, but that doesn't mean anyone is giving TS4 a free pass. Some fans buy anything with a franchise name on the box..in all games no matter what kind, and I read reviews and make up my mind and or watch demos, wait for more info then buy. I don't buy all things Sims, I buy what I think I would like to do in a game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:

Food for thought.

Some people really do not care about open world and CAST. Why should I make a fuss about a feature I could care less about? Yeah I know it sucks for those who do care about CAST, sorry to hear that, but that is a large feature (from TS3) I can live without.

you completely missed the point.
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited June 2014
    the sims 4 is the NEXT installment of the sims series. it is supposed to be an upgrade or extended version of the last installment. what I expect from next entry is fixing what's broken from the previous entry and adding new stuff. the sims 4 should be the sims 3 remastered and more. compromising means losing and gaining stuff, so you do not move forward.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Not really. I think they made all the decisions that they made for a reason. Things always come and got and get removed or replaced. That isn't anything new.

If you want a more active town that lags less, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. If anything, I think people are giving Sims 4 no chance because you don't want to let go of the old game.

Sims 3 didn't do as well as Sims 2, so they doing what they think most fans want.

and as it's been pointed out multiple times, you don't need to loose open world for a more active town, that was bad routing/programing causing the issue. again, why should we have to compromise because of the programers incompetence?

And yes stuff does get removed, but nothing this major. Open world and Cast were sims 3's biggest selling points.

I feel like the majority of people that say "open world doesn't need to be removed to run better, it's all routing and what not..." have absolutely no idea how game-coding works. The devs made TS4 this way for a reason. If a smooth running open world was possible, don't you think they would have done that?

Having said all that, the majority of people on the other side of the argument are probably just as ignorant of game-coding (myself included). You could tell me you're a game developer, but for all I know, you could be lying to 'warp' my opinion.

So sue me for having a little more faith in the Gurus than some people.

Oh no, it's not the open world, that's for sure. I'm sure some people are using that as a reason for there not being a completely open world. I'm not a game developer but the game engine is old and broken, that's common knowledge.

Anyone can tell you if you build a house on a broken foundation, it's going to become problematic.

The open world and Cast wasn't the problem. They just added stress to an already stressed foundation. So they decided to ripe the whole thing down and start again.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Food for thought.

OK. What point are you trying to make? That the devs will keep taking out certain features because somehow in the future, based on your awesome psychic skills, they think people won't miss them due to people still buying their games? Is this your way of starting a boycott? Are you trying to boycott EA? Are you looking for followers? How did you gain your psychic powers? Can you teach me? What color is your hair?

;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I want a new modern game about the Sim, my TS2 is getting old, so why try to make people think they shouldn't buy it. Leave them alone, they can make up their own minds.

Yes they can. but based on the number of people going around claiming all the problems open world caused, A lot of people aren't making the most informed decision. All I'm doing is trying to get people to consider all the factors.

If they change their mind, than they change their mind. If they don't than they don't.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Food for thought.

OK. What point are you trying to make? That the devs will keep taking out certain features because somehow in the future, based on your awesome psychic skills, they think people won't miss them due to people still buying their games? Is this your way of starting a boycott? Are you trying to boycott EA? Are you looking for followers? How did you gain your psychic powers? Can you teach me? What color is your hair?

;)

The point is and as I've already sated. If you buy the game now, you'll just encourage them to remove features in the futures again instead of moving the series forward. Next time maybe with stuff you actually care about.

If they do it once do you think someone as money hungry as EA won't at least consider doing it again?
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    This whole thread is pretty much pointless. This is the forum to discuss the Sims 4, yet some of you die-hard Sims 3 players are using it to rip this iteration of the Sims franchise and holding fast to some idea that since the Sims 3 is ever-so-much better than the Sims 4, we fans should make thread after thread after thread screaming and complaining about the game and threatening a boycott unless the devs go back and fix it and put in CAst, the open world, and pools.

Seriously?

But, again, I remember this discussion. If you replace The Sims 2 for The Sims 3, and The Sims 3 for the Sims 4, you pretty much get an idea of what the Sims 3 section of the Sims 2 BBS was like in the days while the fans were waiting for the new game to come out.

Sims 2 players would come in and rip the Sims 3 apart, while at the same time accusing those who were looking forward to the new game of being 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Many of them loudly declared that they would never buy the Sims 3 and forever remain loyal to The Sims 2, only to show up on the Sims 3 forums after the game was released, thereby proving that they had bought the game (because back then, you had to have registered a game in order to post). Yes, they still made posts bashing The Sims 3, but they had spent their 60 bucks, so they were entitled to do so.

The same thing is happening here. The self-righteous Sims 3 lovers are coming in with the same attitude, trashing The Sims 4 based on what little they know that they disagree with, while at the same time putting those who want the new game on the defensive, and then getting upset when they're called on and people don't automatically agree with them that The Sims 4 is going to suck, and EA needs to be taught a lesson.

So, yes, sadly, history is repeating itself. It's a shame, too, because, you'd think, after all this time, we'd have learned to accept each others opinions even if we don't agree with them and be able to discuss this without putting anyone on the defensive.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not giving TS4 a break, I'm looking at it as a different game with different pros and cons. So far I like what I see and I won't really know how I really feel about it until I play it myself.

What I am positive of is that TS3 just hasn't cut it for me. To me TS3 is pretty places that you park your Sims. I was reading an interview from E3 and even one of the team said TS3 focused on your Sim's world.

I was introduced to the franchise with TS3 and I was enchanted with the little people on my screen. However as the years went on I felt a lack of something in the game. I picked up TS2 on a whim and then I realized what the possibilities of these little people could be.

Right now I don't know if I'll miss CASt or a completely open world. My best guess would be that if the Sims themselves are better and smarter I'm not going to miss them much at all.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's a company. Their main focus is to make loads of cash, whilst providing us entertainment. Money makes the world go round, so all the righteous stuff can go out the window lol.

I'm not sure if you have noticed, but each game has something new to offer because that is what the devs (or perhaps the company) want to focus on. Emotions and personality are the root of this next installment. Not CAST and not open world. The sims are now front and center. Yeah I'm sure you're thinking "why couldn't they give us the best of both worlds?". I have two theories. 1. Not enough resources or time and 2. Not something they cared to bring back.

The only time I'll ever stop supporting The Sims is if they decide to take out families altogether and I'm stuck with adults. I wouldnt boycott or fuss...I'll just stop playing and save my money for other things such as hats and toothbrushes.
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    Let me put it this way, if sims 3 had better animations(more lively), routing problems and glitches fixed, would you guys still be willing to give 4 a free pass?
    Your question is easy to answer. I find it funny how Sims 3 players, thought all other simmers had died and gone away. Nope, we just didn't like Sims 3 that much, so a ton of people refuse to buy it. And since this is a sims 3 board, we don't post much, we got tons and tons of places to hang out and share.

Yep, we saw your beautiful Open World, and your useful CAST. But it didn't compare at all from what we felt had been taken from us. Why did you think Sims 3 was the only way to play in the simming world.

You want open world back, heck a lot of us have been demanding rotational play. (ripped out of the heart of sims 2) You want CAST, well we want back clothes stores, to go and shop in, and clothes that don't look so plastic.

You want open world, but many Sims 2 fans want back their districts, a different theme for every neighbourhood, baby grows up and moves to beachland, and grandma in old world can still visit them.

The sims games have always been hard. You've got people like me, interested in AI, simulation and gameplay (Sims 3 didn't give me that), other people like pretty colouring, fantastic design and housing. Some like videos. Some like their sims to stay still and do nothing, some (like me) prefer autonomous actions and react, and interact depending on circumstance.

Its sad that you think that we'd all be happy with what you want. A spit, shine and polish for Sims 3, leaving me with sims I don't love (first time ever) and a rpg linear game driving my story.

Nope, you can't fix Sims 3. But you can keep it, enjoy it, it's still a fantastic game, (I'm roadtesting it now, for a break from my adapted BAAC with economic complexions added) and I will probably keep Sims 2, 3, 4 on my computer. Right now, after all these years, Sims 2 is the one I love most of all, even with all it's limitations and it's regular loading screens.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2014
    Each game should be better than the one before. Other than the tools, this one isn't.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The issue is people tolerating the removal of features that improved the game...
    Would you buy the iPhone 6 if it promised the most amazing call quality and service everywhere, a 6-month battery charge, 1TB of space, but they removed ALL internet features because 'some people don't have internet or wifi' (Sims 3 open world causing problems, so bye-bye) which includes no downloading apps and no texting?

THAT is the issue. We shouldn't be told to tolerate this stuff; it's 1 step forward and 3 steps back.
    Then be like me, use your brains, don't spend money on something you don't like. I didn't like Sims 3, so I didn't buy it. I wait 5 years, until it was dirt cheap and I had the time, and then I thought, I'll try it.

But why should what you can "tolerate", force me to wait another 5 years again. Right now I'm loving what their showing. I want this game, I don't want to spend another second on Sims 3, I've wait 5 years already for a game that's makes me happy.

You can do what I did. I loved Sims 2, I love it still, I will keep on playing it. You love Sims 3, nobody's taking it away. With 11 expansions and a whole ton of store stuff, you have far much more than I had to work with. Five years shouldn't be too long for you. For me, playing Sims 2 passed so quickly, and even though I got the money, I'm not sure I've got time to give Sims 4 what it deserves, because I still got so much playing in 2 to do.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2014
    Arletta wrote:
    I'm very probably overtired, so please bear that in mind before you destruct what I'm going to say.

Why is this important to you?

Is my opinion of the game of any relevence to you at all?

What would you have me do any different, assuming you can find a reason for my choices and money being of your concern?

Have you considered that some ppl may just have severely disliked The Sims 3 and be ready to move on?

Some may feel plain ready to move on anyway.

I could probably come up with more questions, if you wish, but I suspect by morning I'll be far less bothered that you are bothered by whatever my opinion might be.

Me personally could care less what others opinions are just provided they are mature and respectful. (I understand those who will buy whatever just for the love of a game but not so much those who try to make excuses for really bad customer service and make light of it.) However it does raise a curiosity with me about others logic of TS4 going to be so much better than TS3 and here is why.

Who created TS3? EA
    Who is creating TS4? EA

That doesn't ring a bell?
    giphy.gif

To further explain: It is how the game company handles their game issues than the issues itself, therefore EA is one of the most horrible game companies I have ever dealt with really, really bad customer service with their product, TS3.

What makes so many think TS4 will be any better than TS3 in terms of how it is coded/programmed? If TS3 was poorly done, why would anyone think TS4 would be any better? Oh because EA has dramatically minimized complex features that must of been too advanced for them to code/program correctly in the first place. As evidenced by modders such as Nrass since EA never implementated the obvious for such advanced features as the open world. They half done the job with TS3 from the very beginning and some don't wonder if that may be the case yet again?

giphy.gif
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    GumPlyr123GumPlyr123 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2014
    The issue is people tolerating the removal of features that improved the game...
    Would you buy the iPhone 6 if it promised the most amazing call quality and service everywhere, a 6-month battery charge, 1TB of space, but they removed ALL internet features because 'some people don't have internet or wifi' (Sims 3 open world causing problems, so bye-bye) which includes no downloading apps and no texting?

THAT is the issue. We shouldn't be told to tolerate this stuff; it's 1 step forward and 3 steps back.
    Uhm, that comparison doesn't make any sense. Internet and wifi is optional for iPhone and is something you have to buy yourself if you want it (or barrow your neighbors wifi, lol)

You can't compare a game to an iPhone which are to completely different things. Rather compare a game to a game.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    This whole thread is pretty much pointless. This is the forum to discuss the Sims 4, yet some of you die-hard Sims 3 players are using it to rip this iteration of the Sims franchise and holding fast to some idea that since the Sims 3 is ever-so-much better than the Sims 4

My understanding of the op wasn't that he was trying to turn this into a TS3 vs. TS4 debate - in fact, precisely the opposite, that he is tired of people turning complaints about TS4 into exactly such a contest.

Any time person A criticizes an announced aspect of TS4, for some reason that I can't understand person B assumes that they are saying that TS3 was a better game, which is not always what the person A meant. So person B starts talking about all the (very real, very familiar) drawbacks of TS3, even if they are not obviously relevant to the discussion (even if, that is, they are not necessary drawbacks of a feature person A would like to see included in the game).

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Miamine wrote:
    simsace wrote:
    Let me put it this way, if sims 3 had better animations(more lively), routing problems and glitches fixed, would you guys still be willing to give 4 a free pass?
    Your question is easy to answer. I find it funny how Sims 3 players, thought all other simmers had died and gone away. Nope, we just didn't like Sims 3 that much, so a ton of people refuse to buy it. And since this is a sims 3 board, we don't post much, we got tons and tons of places to hang out and share.

Yep, we saw your beautiful Open World, and your useful CAST. But it didn't compare at all from what we felt had been taken from us. Why did you think Sims 3 was the only way to play in the slimming world.

You want open world back, heck a lot of us have been demanding rotational play. (ripped out of the heart of sims 2) You want CAST, well we want back clothes stores, to go and shop in, and clothes that don't look so plastic.

You want open world, but many Sims 2 fans want back their districts, a different them for every neighbourhood, baby grows up and moves to beachland, and grandma in old world can still visit them.

The sims games have always been hard. You've got people like me, interested in AI, simulation and gameplay (Sims 3 didn't give me that), other people like pretty colouring, fantastic design and housing. Some like videos. Some like their sims to stay still and do nothing, some (like me) prefer autonomous actions and react, and interact depending on circumstance.

Its sad that you think that we'd all be happy with what you want. A spit, shine and polish for Sims 3, leaving me with sims I don't love (first time ever) and a rpg linear game driving my story.

Nope, you can't fix Sims 3. But you can keep it, enjoy it, it's still a **** fine game, and I will probably keep Sims 2, 3, 4 on my computer. Right now, after all these years, Sims 2 is the one I love most of all, even with all it's limitations and it's regular loading screens.

Ditto, and may I add I didn't come onto the TS3 forums to go into every EP thread and bas the game. I only entered those when I had a question and got an answer. Most of the time those threads in some EPs were so dead no one answered them in months at a time. I stayed out of General because I knew better than to wander over to those sections from hard lessons learned on the TS2 forums. Yes, I have been here very active in the last three years. But all my opinions about TS3 and what I would like in a Sims' game be it TS3 or a new one was posted in the 'Ideas and Feedback' where even over there some got upset if you said you couldn't stand this or that about TS3 and wanted a change or something changed about it. But it was the ideas and 'feedback' where players are supposed to give their honest feeling and not have to sugar coat what they felt.

I have not been in GP or EP threads at all maybe one or two times, in three years, so I have left players to enjoy their EPs and SPs and Store threads and only voiced what I hated or loved or wanted in the I&F sections and it is odd during those three years people who were supposed to be loving TS3 and playing the EPs and busy with a game they loved came into I&F to tell me to shut up my whining. :wink:

One would think they were too busy playing their game that was so great they didn't have time to tell others to stop trying to make the next game into TS2.5 after all they had their open world/cast (I like cast too btw) and eleven EPs. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    Okay. That's how you feel. I feel differently.
    ****. Elegant, I'm gonna learn to do it your way. :shock:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:

My understanding of the op wasn't that he was trying to turn this into a TS3 vs. TS4 debate - in fact, precisely the opposite, that he is tired of people turning complaints about TS4 into exactly such a contest.

Any time person A criticizes an announced aspect of TS4, for some reason that I can't understand person B assumes that they are saying that TS3 was a better game, which is not always what the person A meant. So person B starts talking about all the (very real, very familiar) drawbacks of TS3, even if they are not obviously relevant to the discussion (even if, that is, they are not necessary drawbacks of a feature person A would like to see included in the game).

If he wasn't trying to turn this into a TS4 vs. TS3 debate, then he should have chosen his words more carefully and used a more neutral tone of voice. The way his post is worded gives the impression that he is, indeed, trying to sway people into not buying the Sim 4, and that he would be very happy leading the charge to force EA to change The Sims 4 more to his liking. Too bad, real life doesn't work that way.

And, yes, when people do criticize The Sims 4 because of some feature that got left out of it, the overall impression is that they like The Sims 3 better and are disappointed because TS4 is not going to be The Sims 3.5 or The Sims 3 Remastered.

In effect, it should be possible to have this discussion without the implication that people who are going to spend money on The Sims 4 are total idiots and "🐸🐸🐸🐸".
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:

Food for thought.
    Unfortunately been there and done that already. Sims 3 tore out my unique districts and replaced it with open world, it cut down the amount of custom content for it's pretty expensive store, instead of gameplay I got text moodlets, instead of interesting animated sims, I got robots, my babies lost their legs, instead of antique stores, mcdonald's, estate agents and any other shop or venue I could imagine, I got rabbit holes. My genetics and family tree got dumped in the bin for lets colour hair to purple.

Nope, right now, I'm thinking this Sims 4 is an upgrade. I'm sorry for you guys who are losing CAST and Open World's, but maybe at last I get a proper simulation, fun game back. :D (and I'm hoping with all my heart, you keep making noise, so at least your beloved CAST comes back, it doesn't interest me, but I'm hearing you love it a lot.

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    In effect, it should be possible to have this discussion without the implication that people who are going to spend money on The Sims 4 are total idiots and "🐸🐸🐸🐸".

I agree, personal comments like that - saying 'oh you only feel that way because...' - are almost always unhelpful and inflammatory.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

If he wasn't trying to turn this into a TS4 vs. TS3 debate, then he should have chosen his words more carefully and used a more neutral tone of voice. The way his post is worded gives the impression that he is, indeed, trying to sway people into not buying the Sim 4, and that he would be very happy leading the charge to force EA to change The Sims 4 more to his liking. Too bad, real life doesn't work that way.

And, yes, when people do criticize The Sims 4 because of some feature that got left out of it, the overall impression is that they like The Sims 3 better and are disappointed because TS4 is not going to be The Sims 3.5 or The Sims 3 Remastered.

I liked TS2 more than TS3, however, this doesn't mean i wanted a updated version of it ie TS2 2.5, which is clearly what TS4 is looking for me. One also doesn't need to play the Game to make a proper complain about a feature being left out.
    The fact i liked TS2 over TS3 also doesn't has me go blind and ignore the fact that TS3 introduced a lot of nice features to the Series like Open World, CASt, Story Progression, Traits, etc and even if all these has flaws, it's a matter that EA could simply fix thus improve them instead of removing some features completely.
    If you put all pieces together from what i've been saying, you can easily depict that i would basically love a Game with the cartoonish looks, humour and charm of TS2 BUT with TS3 features.

Also, if anything, i'd like to blame EA for insisting on making TS4 accessible to lower-end computers and we are all seeing the consequences this is bringing to the Series, while with the previous 3 Games this clearly wasn't the focus.