The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some of you guys are giving sims 4 way to much of a break because of sims 3.

Comments

  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Some of us honestly don't think sims4 IS "two steps to the side" as you put it.

    Please, detail all new featues that make up for losing CASt, open world, pools, decent hair, terrain tools and so on. You have made me curious.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    The only people that get defensive about other people opinions, are the people that want others to think like them.

    Is that why TS4 defenders consistently attack those who disagree, to the point of offense?

    You make a good point.

    It goes both ways.

    Thank you JeanBaby

    I've only ever seen these 'defenders' as call them, only get defensive when they get back into a corner and have to defend their opinion. Just let opinion be just that. It really does go both ways. Don't make it seem like you and all those opposed of the Sims 4 are so righteous.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Some of us honestly don't think sims4 IS "two steps to the side" as you put it.

    Please, detail all new featues that make up for losing CASt, open world, pools, decent hair, terrain tools and so on. You have made me curious.

    Nothing "makes up" for losing cast and open world (I wont even comment on pools since they have not been confirmed gone) because I wont miss them in the first place. Like I said in the post I prefered the cozy closed world (Just didn't like that aging stopped). And I don't want to upset people so I wont be commenting on Cast either. Bottom line is, for me it's an improvement. I have a different playstyle then others. I understand if other people are upset because it will affect their gameplay, but it wont affect mine. I know you are looking for an argument but I don't want to argue with you pguida :S

    edit: forgot to comment terrain tools and hair. I'm not a builder so I don't care much for terrain tools. The hair is the only thing so far that I don't like, but like I said it's such a small issue.
  • Options
    foluke11foluke11 Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:
    Yes , The open world and CASt were The Sims 3 biggest selling points , but This is The Sims 4.

    yeah, a sequel, that usually means improving on what it's predecessor did by refining and adding features. so why should we tolerate EA removing major features?

    Major features of TS3. The major features of TS4 are emotions, neighborhoods and a new and improved CAS. Sometimes sequels don't pick up where the last left off because the creators want to work with something new and fresh and that's fine by me.

    And it would be nice if you would stop saying "we". You don't speak for anyone but yourself.

    Major features of TS4 are whatever they managed to scrap off a failed online game.


    Guess what Pguida! Don't buy it!! If you don't like certain things about it, than don't buy it!
    I don't understand. You come on here to bash the game, and don't really want to discuss it.

    Who ever told you I would.

    EA relies on sheep like you.

    I have spent a lot (thousands) on EA games'. And I don't regret it. I commend them for great content worth their price.

    But TS4? It's like taking a dump and marketing is as Swiss chocolate.


    They'll figure out they have screwed up. Chances are TS5 will be incredible.


    I'll buy it. I jusn't don't buy whatever branded TS as you do...

    Sorry...

    Behheeehhh...

    So your idea if being rational and thinking things through when it comes to The Sims 4 is coming on the forums and calling people sheep for spending money on the Sims 4? I mean, by your own admission you've already spent thousands on Sims games, but Sims 3 is so laggy, buggy and faulty that it makes no sense.

    It's not on my machine. I can Camtasia a game for you when I have the time.

    Not all of us actually play on a grandma's computer.

    TS3 has delivered every cent spent.

    In fact, just recently, what a lovely carrousel they have released! So many animations!

    Have I ever been to the gym and it wasn't packed? No? Have I ever been to the seasonal lot and there weren't enough sims my sim couldn't find a hot date? No.

    TS4, 4 years later, can't even deliver CAst or an open world.


    But, hey, it'll run on your grandma's Pentium. I guess why you like it.

    I have a brand new Mac computer... 3 weeks old. AND the Sims 3 stlll lags..freezes...and glitches. Sooo

    But if you're happy with the sims 3, then get off of the sims 4 threads.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @Kelleygirl, so let me get this straight: You're saying we should only post on this thread if we agree with Simsace that the Sims 4 is going to suck swampwater, and therefore we should only stick with The Sims 3? Honestly, where's the fun in that?

    As I said on another post...I've seen this before. Posts like yours were common back when players were waiting for the release of The Sims 3. The Sims 2 BBS had a special forum set up for people to discuss The Sims 3, and it never failed that some Sims 2 player, like yourself, didn't come in and make a post like this one which basically said just what you're saying.

    The thing is, it's fine with me if someone wants to make a post saying: "I'm not buying the Sims 4 because (insert list of reasons why they think they're not going to like it here). That's their opinion, and they're welcome to it.

    What they're *not* welcome to do is to try to put other players on the defensive because the other players choose to buy the new game and don't have a problem with discontinuing the Sims 3, or plan to play *both* games, as the mood strikes them. But what is being done in *this* post is that, yes, one player *is* trying to influence other players to not buy the Sims 4, based purely on his personal opinions, not based on facts.

    You are free to disagree with me and criticize the Sims 4. Doesn't bother me a bit if you don't buy it. But you're not free to tell me that I can't give my opinion on this or any other forum.

    None of ya'll would be on the defense if you scrolled past his thread, plain and simple. Don't like the content, move on and discuss TS4 in a place where those that are satisfied with what they've seen are talking about how good they think it is gonna be. I mean seriously, he isn't gonna influence anyone into either buying the game or not; most people have their minds made up as to what they are gonna do and for the fence sitters, they'll wait for more info to be released or to see actual gameplay vids. And since you've clearly made up your mind that you love it, why even post on it?

    I just don't understand why it's not okay for people to not like the game or the direction it's going. Ya'll act like anyone that says something negative about TS4 should be burned at the stake.

    And of course you are welcome to give your opinion, that is what all of us do here. If he feels as if the game is going to suck swampwater as you call it, why do you care? If he buys it or not, that's up to him. And even if someone posted a thread called I'm not buying the Sims 4 because whatever, you'd still be all over him. The title wouldn't matter at all. And if he sways someone else to wait a week or two to buy the game, is that gonna hurt you in the least? I think not, unless you are getting a kickback from EA for every fence sitter you sway to your side.

    I'm not happy with the direction the series is going in. YOU won't change my opinion and your personal attacks won't either. I don't like loading screens, I don't like the fact that it WON'T be an open world. I'm entitled to my opinion. My point was that since the title of the thread gives away the content, just let people that are disgruntled talk about it in their own thread.

  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:
    I have a brand new Mac computer... 3 weeks old. AND the Sims 3 stlll lags..freezes...and glitches. Sooo

    Sorry you're stuck with it. TS4 has been annouced for PC only. 64 bit MAcs are too advanced for it.

    Since you didn't specify your MAC specs, I'm not sure how great is it.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kelleygirl wrote:
    I just don't understand why it's not okay for people to not like the game or the direction it's going. Ya'll act like anyone that says something negative about TS4 should be burned at the stake.

    If I didn't have a thicker skin... The things said about me because I didn't like each and every feature in TS4... The sheep are ruthless.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Some of us honestly don't think sims 4 IS "two steps to the side" as you put it. It's not at all about giving sims 4 a break because of sims 3. I honest to god think sims 4 is an improvement in every way, for me. I preferred closed world to open world, the only problem with sims 2 was that aging stopped for everyone else but that problem is solved in sims 4. I hated cast because, no I wont explain that because that will upset too many people. Why do people automatically assume all the people who like sims4 have accepted or come to terms with not having cast and completely open neighborhood??

    And that does not make me a sheep. I'm just a person that likes what she sees, if sims 4 ever showed me something that would upset me as much as lack of cast upset other people, then I would definitely say something, not swallow it. When they released the first pictures I complained about the hair, it is the ONLY thing so far that I don't like, but come to accept. But it's such a small thing.

    This! This is basically what I think. To me, Sims 3 wasn't for me, so I don't think Sims 4 is a step back.

    Others may love Sims 3, but people forget that not everyone does and that their opinion is the same as everybody else's as opinions vary.

    Open worlds and CASt might mean everything to some people, but not everyone agrees. I personally don't as it didn't fix problems I had and I tired of bring mods up as honestly, they didn't fix a lot. Story progress mod might of helped keep the town from dying, but sims still didn't always go on lots and many never even show up to work or school as they just like to stand there and pop-ups say they missed work or school. Error trap and other mods told me problems, but didn't stop them from keep happening over and over again. My game still froze and lagged a lot if not even crash. My computer met the requirements.



  • Options
    OpperelaineOpperelaine Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with the original poster. Some folks are acting like if they express themselves then the EA police will take them to jail. This is a forum, a place to express what you feel and how you feel.

    I personally wouldn't be so upset if they didn't call it the Sims 4....call it something else since its "brand new"

    It doesn't continue on from Sims 3 in anyway, so why are you calling it Sims 4

    When Mideval was released...we knew right away...THIS WASNT THE SIMS..Sims-like but not "the Sims"

    it was fun to play but they didn't blow smoke up our ***** with the word play.

    The fact that they wont even show game footage for a game that's being released-in 3 months is a huge red flag and quite disappointing. And now we all know why they wont show anything as the game is going to blow huge chunks Big time lol
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    [quote= The fact that they wont even show game footage for a game that's being released-in 3 months is a huge red flag and quite disappointing. And now we all know why they wont show anything as the game is going to blow huge chunks Big time lol [/quote]

    /\ /\
    This

  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    edited June 2014
    Umm... Wow! :lol: I thought people on the comment section of Simsvip were bad but it doesn't even come close to the fire storm here.

    I know you say that the open world wasn't the problem but it was, the reason sims got stuck was because of the world being open, a lot of lag came from the world trying to process all the stuff we had that needed to load, and whether or not CAST worked fine in some peoples games it still caused lag issues. I will give you this, the open world is possible with out these issues, but we had these issues because they implemented an open world poorly. So is the open world to blame, yes and no.

    I still haven't made my mind up on TS4, a lot of the possibilities excite me, and that we could potentially have a better running game. TS3, even when it ran properly for me started to get boring after a while. I wasn't excited to play the game, one because the world was dead but also because the sims were robots, they were not lively like ts2.

    When i heard CAST wasn't in ts4 I couldn't care less because I didn't really use it, and if I did it would just annoy me because it took forever. The color wheel I did use and enjoyed but I can do without it's not even close to being a deal breaker because they have enough pre-sets for my liking. I loved the idea of the open world but they didn't really get it right in the sims 3, with all the glitches and the rabbit holes and how difficult it was to use all the content from expansions. TS4 may have come up with a great solution, I don't understand it fully yet so I can't really be happy or mad but it sounds interesting even if it's not what some of us would like. Pools still haven't been confirmed either way, but we will get them either way so who cares really, for me personally it's not a big deal. I still don't know where people are getting the info about terrain but my guess is that people are assuming like always, I would love to see the article on it though if one exists. Hair can be improved with Mods and ts3 hair was hideous in base game but it got better. I play with tons of cc in my game so it doesn't bother me to use cc or mods in my game.

    So we know next to nothing still about the game and are left more confused on things. I'm at the point where I won't pre-order til I know the game is worth it. I just don't know enough yet, but nothing that has been "taken" away has deterred me from buying it's actually just EA's lack of info, and that's where I am at with everything. I have hope for the game because I'm just optimistic like that.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    deibreak wrote:
    I know you say that the open world wasn't the problem but it was...

    Please, prove it. With data. Because all logic says otherwise.
  • Options
    A7X_JessieA7X_Jessie Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding going on here. I get what the OP is saying, and I don't see it as him trying to sway someone who's totally into what TS4 is offering so far to turn their back on the game. It's more, bringing awareness to an issue.

    People are saying, 'Don't like it, don't buy the game.' But that's such a stupid response. I don't like what I'm seeing so far when it comes to the info being released on the TS4 features, but I know I'm still going to buy the game. And I think that's what the issue here that the OP is bringing up. We're all, most likely, going to buy it. And because of that, we are indirectly supporting them dropping features. I think the people that praise the new game are probably outweighing the ones that don't, and in the end they are going to be the ones who are the loudest, trumping the ones who are unhappy. So us ' unhappy campers' ;p are ignored by the devs. 'Cause, 'Well, the majority likes it and has no problems with us dropping major features, so that's all that matters.'

    Bleh... It's like one in the morning so I know I'm not sounding very articulate atm, 'pologies peeps.

    I loved the open world, so hearing about loading screens just... No. but, I think I can handle loading screens if it's only to load into a new dri strict, or 'block' but if it's a loading screen to simply walk into the lot right next door to my active lot... I might cry a little. Maybe.

    The hair... dat plastic tho... Gosh I hope I can get over that.

    I'm on the fence about CAst. Part of me is sad to see it go, but another part doesn't care because there was lag, and it was also time consuming feeling the need to make everything have a cool pattern. ;) Still, I'd prefer it stayed in TS4.

    All I gotta say is, with everything they are dropping, there better be some **** good story progression. Otherwise, I dunno.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,441 Member
    edited June 2014
    I must admit I'm surprised at many things people are letting go- CASt, open world, floor limit, etc, but I suppose that's how much they want to experience the new features. Personally I'm weighing the negatives of Sims 4 against the positives of Sims 3, and while I can see both sides of the argument I'm happy sticking to Sims 3 for now. :)
  • Options
    angelface98angelface98 Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2014
    A7X_Jessie wrote:
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding going on here. I get what the OP is saying, and I don't see it as him trying to sway someone who's totally into what TS4 is offering so far to turn their back on the game. It's more, bringing awareness to an issue.

    People are saying, 'Don't like it, don't buy the game.' But that's such a stupid response. I don't like what I'm seeing so far when it comes to the info being released on the TS4 features, but I know I'm still going to buy the game. And I think that's what the issue here that the OP is bringing up. We're all, most likely, going to buy it. And because of that, we are indirectly supporting them dropping features. I think the people that praise the new game are probably outweighing the ones that don't, and in the end they are going to be the ones who are the loudest, trumping the ones who are unhappy. So us ' unhappy campers' ;p are ignored by the devs. 'Cause, 'Well, the majority likes it and has no problems with us dropping major features, so that's all that matters.'

    Bleh... It's like one in the morning so I know I'm not sounding very articulate atm, 'pologies peeps.

    I loved the open world, so hearing about loading screens just... No. but, I think I can handle loading screens if it's only to load into a new dri strict, or 'block' but if it's a loading screen to simply walk into the lot right next door to my active lot... I might cry a little. Maybe.

    The hair... dat plastic tho... Gosh I hope I can get over that.

    I'm on the fence about CAst. Part of me is sad to see it go, but another part doesn't care because there was lag, and it was also time consuming feeling the need to make everything have a cool pattern. ;) Still, I'd prefer it stayed in TS4.

    All I gotta say is, with everything they are dropping, there better be some **** good story progression. Otherwise, I dunno.

    1.) CASt was 🐸🐸🐸🐸*T. It was full of colors nobody used at all or used right. (It also caused LAG.)

    2.) The hair in Sims 3 looks like it's balding and it doesn't MOVE. Give the hair a break your as*es are so picky.

    3.)Loading screens aren't a big deal. Honestly, if you're worried about loading screens..you don't know how to take a break or stretch for a second.

    Are we done here? :roll:
  • Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, the removal of the open world is a huge step back but they want this game to please a majority of players. People who like the open world get vibrant districts and people who liked TS2 styled world get that too. It's obvious they are trying to please everyone (making the game playable on lower end machines). CASt was very laggy when in use that it would just take ages to coordinate textures between objects. They want this game to be easier and quicker to use, I don't know how much quicker but that's what they're going for.
    Am I still getting it? Yes. Because it ticks all the right boxes for me. TS3 is 5 years old, there is a need for a new game.
  • Options
    A7X_JessieA7X_Jessie Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2014
    A7X_Jessie wrote:
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding going on here. I get what the OP is saying, and I don't see it as him trying to sway someone who's totally into what TS4 is offering so far to turn their back on the game. It's more, bringing awareness to an issue.

    People are saying, 'Don't like it, don't buy the game.' But that's such a stupid response. I don't like what I'm seeing so far when it comes to the info being released on the TS4 features, but I know I'm still going to buy the game. And I think that's what the issue here that the OP is bringing up. We're all, most likely, going to buy it. And because of that, we are indirectly supporting them dropping features. I think the people that praise the new game are probably outweighing the ones that don't, and in the end they are going to be the ones who are the loudest, trumping the ones who are unhappy. So us ' unhappy campers' ;p are ignored by the devs. 'Cause, 'Well, the majority likes it and has no problems with us dropping major features, so that's all that matters.'

    Bleh... It's like one in the morning so I know I'm not sounding very articulate atm, 'pologies peeps.

    I loved the open world, so hearing about loading screens just... No. but, I think I can handle loading screens if it's only to load into a new dri strict, or 'block' but if it's a loading screen to simply walk into the lot right next door to my active lot... I might cry a little. Maybe.

    The hair... dat plastic tho... Gosh I hope I can get over that.

    I'm on the fence about CAst. Part of me is sad to see it go, but another part doesn't care because there was lag, and it was also time consuming feeling the need to make everything have a cool pattern. ;) Still, I'd prefer it stayed in TS4.

    All I gotta say is, with everything they are dropping, there better be some **** good story progression. Otherwise, I dunno.

    1.) CASt was 🐸🐸🐸🐸*T. It was full of colors nobody used at all or used right. (It also caused LAG.)

    2.) The hair in Sims 3 looks like it's balding and it doesn't MOVE. Give the hair a break your as*es are so picky.

    3.)Loading screens aren't a big deal. Honestly, if you're worried about loading screens..you don't know how to take a break or stretch for a second.

    Are we done here? :roll:

    Woah, aren't you kind.

    I didn't once criticize anyone who thinks otherwise when it came to my opinions,so why you felt the need to be so sarcastic and rude is pretty sad. Chill out.

    1 - I said the CAst caused lag, and I'm not up in arms about them dropping it. But I can understand how some people can be. Any no, it wasn't 'full of colors nobody used at all or used right.' Maybe to you, though. Clearly to you actually.

    2 - TS3 hair was fine IMO,I agree some of the styles were too far back on the head. Hair in the sims has always been a big deal, so if people don't like it, how is that being picky? I could say the same to you since you didn't seem to like TS3 hair, how is 'your ***' not considered picky as well?

    3 - No, you got me, I have no idea how to take a break... and stretching... oh man, I can even fathom. *shudders*

    There's no need to attack people for their opinions. And responses like yours just makes it so people are wary to voice theirs since they might be chewed out by people like you. We have a right to voice our displeasure. And you don't see me hating on the simmers who are happy with everything coming out in TS4. Kewl for them.

    And uh, I think I'm done. Are you done? I can keep going, bro. All day. 'Cause I dunno how to take breaks and stretch, didn't you know? ;)
  • Options
    angelface98angelface98 Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2014
    A7X_Jessie wrote:
    A7X_Jessie wrote:
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding going on here. I get what the OP is saying, and I don't see it as him trying to sway someone who's totally into what TS4 is offering so far to turn their back on the game. It's more, bringing awareness to an issue.

    People are saying, 'Don't like it, don't buy the game.' But that's such a stupid response. I don't like what I'm seeing so far when it comes to the info being released on the TS4 features, but I know I'm still going to buy the game. And I think that's what the issue here that the OP is bringing up. We're all, most likely, going to buy it. And because of that, we are indirectly supporting them dropping features. I think the people that praise the new game are probably outweighing the ones that don't, and in the end they are going to be the ones who are the loudest, trumping the ones who are unhappy. So us ' unhappy campers' ;p are ignored by the devs. 'Cause, 'Well, the majority likes it and has no problems with us dropping major features, so that's all that matters.'

    Bleh... It's like one in the morning so I know I'm not sounding very articulate atm, 'pologies peeps.

    I loved the open world, so hearing about loading screens just... No. but, I think I can handle loading screens if it's only to load into a new dri strict, or 'block' but if it's a loading screen to simply walk into the lot right next door to my active lot... I might cry a little. Maybe.

    The hair... dat plastic tho... Gosh I hope I can get over that.

    I'm on the fence about CAst. Part of me is sad to see it go, but another part doesn't care because there was lag, and it was also time consuming feeling the need to make everything have a cool pattern. ;) Still, I'd prefer it stayed in TS4.

    All I gotta say is, with everything they are dropping, there better be some **** good story progression. Otherwise, I dunno.

    1.) CASt was 🐸🐸🐸🐸*T. It was full of colors nobody used at all or used right. (It also caused LAG.)

    2.) The hair in Sims 3 looks like it's balding and it doesn't MOVE. Give the hair a break your as*es are so picky.

    3.)Loading screens aren't a big deal. Honestly, if you're worried about loading screens..you don't know how to take a break or stretch for a second.

    Are we done here? :roll:

    Woah, aren't you kind.

    I didn't once criticize anyone who thinks otherwise when it came to my opinions,so why you felt the need to be so sarcastic and rude is pretty sad. Chill out.

    1 - I said the CAst caused lag, and I'm not up in arms about them dropping it. But I can understand how some people can be. Any no, it wasn't 'full of colors nobody used at all or used right.' Maybe to you, though. Clearly to you actually.

    2 - TS3 hair was fine IMO,I agree some of the styles were too far back on the head. Hair in the sims has always been a big deal, so if people don't like it, how is that being picky? I could say the same to you since you didn't seem to like TS3 hair, how is 'your ***' not considered picky as well?

    3 - No, you got me, I have no idea how to take a break... and stretching... oh man, I can even fathom. *shudders*

    There's no need to attack people for their opinions. And responses like yours just makes it so people are wary to voice theirs since they might be chewed out by people like you. We have a right to voice our displeasure. And you don't see me hating on the simmers who are happy with everything coming out in TS4. Kewl for them.

    And uh, I think I'm done. Are you done? I can keep going, bro. All day. 'Cause I dunno how to take breaks and stretch, didn't you know? ;)

    I only attacked you because you seemed sarcastic and rude in my eyes.

    Yes, I will chew you out if you seem like that. I'm a wolf, you see me coming. :?
  • Options
    A7X_JessieA7X_Jessie Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2014
    A7X_Jessie wrote:
    A7X_Jessie wrote:
    I think there's a lot of misunderstanding going on here. I get what the OP is saying, and I don't see it as him trying to sway someone who's totally into what TS4 is offering so far to turn their back on the game. It's more, bringing awareness to an issue.

    People are saying, 'Don't like it, don't buy the game.' But that's such a stupid response. I don't like what I'm seeing so far when it comes to the info being released on the TS4 features, but I know I'm still going to buy the game. And I think that's what the issue here that the OP is bringing up. We're all, most likely, going to buy it. And because of that, we are indirectly supporting them dropping features. I think the people that praise the new game are probably outweighing the ones that don't, and in the end they are going to be the ones who are the loudest, trumping the ones who are unhappy. So us ' unhappy campers' ;p are ignored by the devs. 'Cause, 'Well, the majority likes it and has no problems with us dropping major features, so that's all that matters.'

    Bleh... It's like one in the morning so I know I'm not sounding very articulate atm, 'pologies peeps.

    I loved the open world, so hearing about loading screens just... No. but, I think I can handle loading screens if it's only to load into a new dri strict, or 'block' but if it's a loading screen to simply walk into the lot right next door to my active lot... I might cry a little. Maybe.

    The hair... dat plastic tho... Gosh I hope I can get over that.

    I'm on the fence about CAst. Part of me is sad to see it go, but another part doesn't care because there was lag, and it was also time consuming feeling the need to make everything have a cool pattern. ;) Still, I'd prefer it stayed in TS4.

    All I gotta say is, with everything they are dropping, there better be some **** good story progression. Otherwise, I dunno.

    1.) CASt was 🐸🐸🐸🐸*T. It was full of colors nobody used at all or used right. (It also caused LAG.)

    2.) The hair in Sims 3 looks like it's balding and it doesn't MOVE. Give the hair a break your as*es are so picky.

    3.)Loading screens aren't a big deal. Honestly, if you're worried about loading screens..you don't know how to take a break or stretch for a second.

    Are we done here? :roll:

    Woah, aren't you kind.

    I didn't once criticize anyone who thinks otherwise when it came to my opinions,so why you felt the need to be so sarcastic and rude is pretty sad. Chill out.

    1 - I said the CAst caused lag, and I'm not up in arms about them dropping it. But I can understand how some people can be. Any no, it wasn't 'full of colors nobody used at all or used right.' Maybe to you, though. Clearly to you actually.

    2 - TS3 hair was fine IMO,I agree some of the styles were too far back on the head. Hair in the sims has always been a big deal, so if people don't like it, how is that being picky? I could say the same to you since you didn't seem to like TS3 hair, how is 'your ***' not considered picky as well?

    3 - No, you got me, I have no idea how to take a break... and stretching... oh man, I can even fathom. *shudders*

    There's no need to attack people for their opinions. And responses like yours just makes it so people are wary to voice theirs since they might be chewed out by people like you. We have a right to voice our displeasure. And you don't see me hating on the simmers who are happy with everything coming out in TS4. Kewl for them.

    And uh, I think I'm done. Are you done? I can keep going, bro. All day. 'Cause I dunno how to take breaks and stretch, didn't you know? ;)

    I only attacked you because you seemed sarcastic and rude in my eyes.

    Yes, I will chew you out if you seem like that. I'm a wolf, you see me coming. :?

    Then you took my first post completely the wrong way, because I in no way was trying to come off as sarcastic. And rude? Rude to who? I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. I was using silly words because I was in a silly mood. Perhaps you shouldn't be quick to jump on someone's post without thoroughly reading it, and maybe tame your sensitivity. Which can, as you see, cause pointless arguments.

    Nice ending though. Gave me the chills. For serio.
  • Options
    McWolfMcWolf Posts: 392 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with you!

    Whilst I definitely see the positives in simplifying the game (The Sims 3 was a mess, and was a bit complicated and lost the charm of The Sims 2), they've taken BOTH of the main features from The Sims 3 away, which I think most people had otherwise assumed would be in the game.

    What's more is emotions are hardly as groundbreaking step forward as the aging, genetics and 3D graphics were in The Sims 2 and likewise, the open world and CAStyle were in The Sims 3. The originial Sims 4 trailer left me disappointed, but the charm of the series has grown more on me since. However, it definitely feels like they're basically forgetting The Sims 3 existed, and this is a sequel to The Sims 2. I mean, that's kind of what I hoped for, but I feel the open world could have been improved upon instead of removing it. (How do games like GTA exist if TS4 can't handle more than 5 lots?!

    I don't know... I think it's one of these ones I'm going to have to play or at least see in a gameplay video to judge. (They have intentionally avoided featuring these downgrades in the videos they've shown) It could be that the more closed-open world is actually more fun so long as the loading screens aren't too long. (The Sims 2 took up to half an hour per screen for me!)

    After all, in The Sims 3 it takes ages to get from place to place. You end up being an hour late for work/school cause it takes so long to get there in terms of Sims time.

    So at first glace, I'm definitely disappointed at the removal of open world and CAStyle (or at least, vast dumbing down, more than I expected). I'm not too bothered about the little details like not having workplace buildings (they were annoying and took up a lot of room more than anything). However, I feel the gameplay may benefit from some of the changes and it does look it might be more enjoyable than The Sims 3, but it's still no excuse for completely removing features.

    And swimming pools? Haha, thought that was a given. They're not crucial, but it was just something that's always been there since The Sims 1. No more drowning Sims!
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2014
    deibreak wrote:
    the reason sims got stuck was because of the world being open

    Stop this nonsense. Sims were much more likely to get stuck in their own home lot than get stuck in some random part of the world.

    Edit to add: Have you seen sims sink through the floor of their house making them unable to move? Want to blame that on the open world as well?
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Not really. I think they made all the decisions that they made for a reason. Things always come and got and get removed or replaced. That isn't anything new.

    If you want a more active town that lags less, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. If anything, I think people are giving Sims 4 no chance because you don't want to let go of the old game.

    Sims 3 didn't do as well as Sims 2, so they doing what they think most fans want.

    and as it's been pointed out multiple times, you don't need to loose open world for a more active town, that was bad routing/programing causing the issue. again, why should we have to compromise because of the programers incompetence?

    And yes stuff does get removed, but nothing this major. Open world and Cast were sims 3's biggest selling points.

    I feel like the majority of people that say "open world doesn't need to be removed to run better, it's all routing and what not..." have absolutely no idea how game-coding works. The devs made TS4 this way for a reason. If a smooth running open world was possible, don't you think they would have done that?

    Having said all that, the majority of people on the other side of the argument are probably just as ignorant of game-coding (myself included). You could tell me you're a game developer, but for all I know, you could be lying to 'warp' my opinion.

    So sue me for having a little more faith in the Gurus than some people.
  • Options
    EriiiiiiinaEriiiiiiina Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally agree with you on the fact that we do in some way give TS4 to much cred since TS3 was such an expensive failure, to me at least. I spent way too much money on EP´s and Sp´s, fortunately I never spent one dime on the online store.

    I loved TS2 because it was such a big difference from sims 1, it was something completely new, but with TS3 I never felt it was such a big upgrade from TS2. Well of course we had an open world and CASt which was a step forward, but NO gameplay.

    I wish they would have kept the like only good things from TS3, but hey, maybe they´ll make it good. However now that cast is gone I´m hoping to see much better genetics throughout this game, like in TS2, where some hair and eye colors where dominate and so on, I really loved that, and I want the kids to be a mixture between their mom and dad and not a copy from one of them.

    I will get the base game, but if I loose interest in it and stop playing cause it´s boring before the first EP comes out I will quit an addiction that has lasted for almost 15 years. I think lots of people will get the base game, but I really hope that EA and MAXIS understand how much is depending on it to be kept alive.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay. That's how you feel. I feel differently.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just a general comment at the people going "well I don't care about Cast or open world, that's not important to me."

    Even if those things aren't important to you, that doesn't mean you should be so laid back about their removal and ready to give Sims 4 a go. I won't even miss Cast that much but i recognize why it's removal isn't good by any means, why? Because all that's going to happen from buying Sims 4 is Maxis is going to get encouraged to pull this same BS again in another 5 years with Sims 5. Maybe at that point you'll be the one on the side of the fence going "but this isn't a step forward!" because one of the features you liked got removed that time.

    Food for thought.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top