The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some of you guys are giving sims 4 way to much of a break because of sims 3.

One of the things i constantly see around here right now is comments like, "I don't care about open world or Cast, sims 3 was bad and this looks good." And you know what I won't argue with you, sims 3 messed up big time for a lot of things, but that doesn't mean sims 4 should get a free pass for removing stuff.

Sims is like a lot of other games that release annually, bi-anually, whatever.(though with a much larger gap in releases) Each game should be an improvement over the last in every way possible. If the last one was bad, i expect the next one to be even greater than how the last one could have been, so why is it for sims, which should be a continuous improvement. It's okay for them to charge us for a whole new cycle of sims stuff(the base game, expansions, store) even though the series has taken 2 steps to the side rather than 2 steps forward? They're basically saying "yeah we screwed up last time, just give us the same amount of money and we'll maybe give you what it should/could have been"

Let me put it this way, if sims 3 had better animations(more lively), routing problems and glitches fixed, would you guys still be willing to give 4 a free pass?

It still amazes me that i can see people going around the forum still claiming open world caused so many problems like deserted lots and glitches. No, That was caused by bad routing, bad programing. And in the case of clubs many people are so fond to talk about, that was the Hot Spot feature causing clubs to be deserted if it wasn't routing doing it, and club that wasn't a hotspot was completely empty.

Why should we have to compromise of stuff like Cast and Open world because Maxis can't make a stable game? Why should we even take a chance, and give them a ton of money, hoping this will be what sims 3 should have been? With nothing to give us hope that it could even turn out as a more stable game.

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not really. I think they made all the decisions that they made for a reason. Things always come and got and get removed or replaced. That isn't anything new.

If you want a more active town that lags less, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. If anything, I think people are giving Sims 4 no chance because you don't want to let go of the old game.

Sims 3 didn't do as well as Sims 2, so they doing what they think most fans want.
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Not really. I think they made all the decisions that they made for a reason. Things always come and got and get removed or replaced. That isn't anything new.

If you want a more active town that lags less, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. If anything, I think people are giving Sims 4 no chance because you don't want to let go of the old game.

Sims 3 didn't do as well as Sims 2, so they doing what they think most fans want.

and as it's been pointed out multiple times, you don't need to loose open world for a more active town, that was bad routing/programing causing the issue. again, why should we have to compromise because of the programers incompetence?

And yes stuff does get removed, but nothing this major. Open world and Cast were sims 3's biggest selling points.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can honestly say I'm happy with the Sims in all forms. I started with 2 and loved it. I have completely enjoyed 3 and all it offers. I am excited for 4!!

I'm not giving a pass, I just enjoy the games! I have never been one to grip about the games. I even have had great experiences with customer service!

I'm sorry if you don't feel the same, but then maybe the Sims isn't the right game for you. If you aren't happy, I suggest you move on. I know I'm not alone in being completely satisfied, we just aren't as loud as those who feel the need to complain.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:

Yet modders, as in random people from the internet were able to reduce the lag and get more NPCs into venues in the Sims 3. Yes sometimes sacrifices are necessary but when a random guy on the net can make it work there is no reason professional game developers shouldn't be able to do the same if not better.

Sacrifices are only necessary when there is no other choice, modders have proved it could be done without the sacrifices Maxis made.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes , The open world and CASt were The Sims 3 biggest selling points , but This is The Sims 4.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm happy with some of the stuff they're putting in the Sims 4 but I am not happy with the lack of CASt :(. And regardless of what some people seem to think, Cast and the open world is NOT the cause of Sims 3's problems. All that can be blamed on bad coding.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    for myself i did not want to compromise i wanted higher specs requirements which i read to mean 4 could have everything i want- i like from sims 3 - open world, CASt, plus other things i like about sims 2 personalities and more charming stores and add fixed routing and less game bugs and new game play experience and graphics

but i will take a compromise well at least for a base game if it means a more stable game engine. basically its not like i have a say in development so the only real question i have is do i buy the base and see if i can enjoy it enough to continue the series.

personally sims 3 was a roller coaster ride designed by EA. some of it was thrilling and great, like i enjoyed most of the later EPs and totally dig the store giving me cows and chicken and so much more and some of the experience has been a real let down sticky game engine, bad routing, experienced highly skilled modders like twallan spending too much of their valuable time fixing the gaming instead of improving it

so i see no shame in compromising - its not what i want but it just may be enough for me to move past 3.
  • Options
    frollo6060frollo6060 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2014
    Will you guys stop with those post really? We haven't even see real gameplay.Yet you continue to bash other people for what they like. Its ok if you don't like the way the game looks so far, But you know you're gonna buy it if you weren't you wouldn't be on this side of the forums every sec. To be short let others like what they want without you trying to beat them in the ground for it
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm very probably overtired, so please bear that in mind before you destruct what I'm going to say.

Why is this important to you?

Is my opinion of the game of any relevence to you at all?

What would you have me do any different, assuming you can find a reason for my choices and money being of your concern?

Have you considered that some ppl may just have severely disliked The Sims 3 and be ready to move on?

Some may feel plain ready to move on anyway.

I could probably come up with more questions, if you wish, but I suspect by morning I'll be far less bothered that you are bothered by whatever my opinion might be.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited June 2014
    There are people who complain...and there are people who complain about others complaining. Basically if you don't like the way the game looks or what is or is not in it, then don't buy it. It's simple as that.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    The issue is people tolerating the removal of features that improved the game...
    Would you buy the iPhone 6 if it promised the most amazing call quality and service everywhere, a 6-month battery charge, 1TB of space, but they removed ALL internet features because 'some people don't have internet or wifi' (Sims 3 open world causing problems, so bye-bye) which includes no downloading apps and no texting?

THAT is the issue. We shouldn't be told to tolerate this stuff; it's 1 step forward and 3 steps back.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love everything about the Sims 4, but I will miss CasT. I used it like all the time. :P
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    While all that is true for the most part, the bad programming and the broken engine ect.

Has it occurred to you that maybe some people really don't care about the world being open or Cast. These were all new things to the Sims, and while they were great, they contributed to a lot of damage. Devs had to work with what they had, end of story.

Now EA/Maxis is going with what they know works. With this new engine, there's no tell what they can do, they have a chance to do wonderful things. Hell the Devs or the gurus, I'm not sure which it was, want to give us Cast. Hopefully they'll be able to in the future.

Now these are just my opinions, and I feel where your coming from. Me and a lot of other players are just ready to move on to the next installment of the series. It has nothing to do with giving a 'free pass'. When you start with a new installment you do the whole base game and expansions again. It's always been that way and it will always be that way, if there's a Sims 5 it will be that way. Every Sims game IS an improvment form the last, but at the same time they're all different beast. You either take a chance or stick with what you know, there's no right or wrong it's as simple as that.

I'm looking forward to the Sims 4, I love the look and I like the feel, and I don't the mind semi open world either. I will miss Cast though.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes , The open world and CASt were The Sims 3 biggest selling points , but This is The Sims 4.

yeah, a sequel, that usually means improving on what it's predecessor did by refining and adding features. so why should we tolerate EA removing major features?
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited June 2014
    Why does it bother you that people actually want to buy this game?

If other people buy this game, does it somehow effect you, in your personal life that you are not explaining to us?

seriously why do people care, if some stranger that they do not know or will probably ever know. spends their own hard earn cash on a game for their own enjoyment?
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:

yeah, a sequel, that usually means improving on what it's predecessor did by refining and adding features. so why should we tolerate EA removing major features?

And how do you know that removing the features will not benefit the game ? are you able to predict the future?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Arletta wrote:
    I'm very probably overtired, so please bear that in mind before you destruct what I'm going to say.

Why is this important to you?

Is my opinion of the game of any relevence to you at all?

What would you have me do any different, assuming you can find a reason for my choices and money being of your concern?

Have you considered that some ppl may just have severely disliked The Sims 3 and be ready to move on?

Some may feel plain ready to move on anyway.

I could probably come up with more questions, if you wish, but I suspect by morning I'll be far less bothered that you are bothered by whatever my opinion might be.

I'm not trying to change peoples opinions, I'm trying to help them make an informed decision about the game.

The fact of the matter is, the game hasn't moved the franchise forward(save graphics) any more than sims 3 did because of the removal of 3's biggest features. bad game or not, it had good parts, should we really be leaving out the good parts of a bad game just because the rest of it was bad? and should we really be taking a risk on supporting sims 4?

Whats the risk? spending all our money on the base game and expansion packs and such, and from a company that shows no signs of improving when it comes to releasing broken games. The reward? the game we should have gotten 5 years ago but already payed money for.

Just that, not what we should have gotten and a few more steps forward, just what what should have gotten.

This is all I'm trying to do, make people consider this stuff and ask themselves, is it really worth it?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:

And how do you know that removing the features will not benefit the game ? are you able to predict the future?

No I can see it in mods we have access to right now that there are no huge benefits. More filled lots? Doesn't require loosing open world. Fixed glitches? Doesn't require loosing open world. Better routing? Doesn't require loosing open world. In fact we have no guarantee any of these will improve with the lack of open world. Sims 4 could very well suffer from these same problems.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:

Major features of TS3. The major features of TS4 are emotions, neighborhoods and a new and improved CAS. Sometimes sequels don't pick up where the last left off because the creators want to work with something new and fresh and that's fine by me.

And it would be nice if you would stop saying "we". You don't speak for anyone but yourself.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ^^ what Pandagirl said. Oh , and simsace? Does your helmet keep falling off , because it is obvious you have hit your head too many times.
  • Options
    Kiwi727Kiwi727 Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not trying to change peoples opinions, I'm trying to help them make an informed decision about the game.

That would be trying to change their opinion.

What if I personally though CASt was not a good future of the game? I never used it? Why would I care if it was in the Sims 4? Just because you think it was a good part does not mean other people do.

I believe they are moving forward. I feel like this is the real Sims 3.

Why do you feel that if you don't like the game, you should convince other people not to buy it? Let people do what they want to. I know your trying to "help," but the Sims 4 looks amazing and people are going to buy it.
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is the reason I am thinking about leaving the sims franchise. About 75% of the people who are excited about TS4 are also acting like Evangelicals, AKA biting your head off if you decide to disagree with them. When was the Church of TS4 established, and why is it more of a cult? TS3 may have flaws but at least the community is kind. If TS4 forums are filled with Jonestown Kool-Aide drinkers and Westboro Baptists who have established the theocracy of TS4, then that will scare me away more than EA slicing features. And EA is slicing a ****ton of features.
  • Options
    yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    I won't tolerate the removal of important features and lack of improvement in textures. Right now I don't want to buy the game. :evil: Pretty p*🐸🐸🐸🐸 off actually, and I wish the developers would at some point play with CC and mods and see the expanse of what is possible with this game.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    IMeep wrote:
    This is the reason I am thinking about leaving the sims franchise. About 75% of the people who are excited about TS4 are also acting like Evangelicals, AKA biting your head off if you decide to disagree with them. When was the Church of TS4 established, and why is it more of a cult? TS3 may have flaws but at least the community is kind. If TS4 forums are filled with Jonestown Kool-Aide drinkers and Westboro Baptists who have established the theocracy of TS4, then that will scare me away more than EA slicing features. And EA is slicing a ****ton of features.

Not that it's any of my business, but leaving a franchise because of how the forum behaves sounds pretty silly. I'm not sure if you've noticed but the only people acting the way you mentioned are trolls and folks who have just signed up. That hardly makes up 75% of the people who are excited about the game.

This is a general statement: It doesn't make any sense to generalize and bad mouth an entire community because of bad apples. Didn't you know? Bad apples are the most vocal. ;)

Take care.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    IMeep wrote:

No, actually, they're not. Speaking for myself, posts like this one annoy me because they're so two-faced and hypocritical. Simsace has a history of constantly blasting The Sims 3 *and* the Sims 3 development team for not implementing *his* suggestions on the Ideas And Suggestions forum. And, now he actually has the gall to suggest that the Sims 4 is going to suck based purely on his own personal opinions and to pretend that he's not trying to persuade people *not* to buy the game, but rather is giving them the opportunity to make an "informed decision", which is basically his way of saying "Don't buy the Sims 4." The only problem with that "informed decision" business is that we don't have enough information to base *any* decision on, and that's really all there is to it. People need to wait for further details before making any kind of decision, even though many have already said they like what they've seen and heard so far and are inclined to buy the game.

And the reason I say he's two-faced and hypocritical is because he's going to buy the game. I mean, it's no skin off my nose if he chooses not to buy the game. That's entirely his choice. But, please, spare me the "I'm only saying this for your own good" kind of posture. And, IMeep, if you choose to leave the franchise that's on you. Don't blame it on the fact that people like me speak out and defend our choice to buy the Sims 4. I'm not telling you to buy it. Personally I don't give a reservoir whether you buy it or not.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!