The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death by Laughter

Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
edited September 2023 in The Sims 4 General Discussion
Some of you may have seen the Sims 4 E3 footage showing a sim dying from laughter. You can share your thoughts on this in this thread.

@EA and the SimGurus: Please make sure we can disable this feature. I do not want my sims to die because they are having a good time. I don't find this feature amusing at all.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I found this pretty annoying as well xD I hope the percentage of them dying is like 5%
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    NomPlay wrote:
    Yeah I found this pretty annoying as well xD I hope the percentage of them dying is like 5%
    They said it happens when they pushed it to the extreme, so there will a meter for these emotions? Too much of one could cause negative effects or death? :?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is a very stupid thing to add in the game. I'm sure even a 3 year old kid won't enjoy it
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't understand how people are still worried by this. They said sims would me much more likely to die of a fire then by laughter. They also said you will rally have to try hard to get your sim to die this way. So unles you try to get your sim killed, it wont happen. Unatural deaths in the sims have always been very rare. There were so many ways to die in the sims3 yet ive only had unatural deaths occur twice in my game(without me trying to make it so I mean).
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it is a totally stupid thing to add to the game, I am not impressed at all with Sims 4 and nothing yet has convinced me to buy it.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it is sort of funny depending on the situation, but don't worry, that say is rare compared to deaths like fires and all that. You have to forcefully push them to the extreme probably or be an extreme situation.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    I don't understand how people are still worried by this. They said sims would me much more likely to die of a fire then by laughter. They also said you will rally have to try hard to get your sim to die this way. So unles you try to get your sim killed, it wont happen. Unatural deaths in the sims have always been very rare. There were so many ways to die in the sims3 yet ive only had unatural deaths occur twice in my game(without me trying to make it so I mean).

I'm not understanding this either. They've already said if you push your Sims emotions to the extreme, things can happen. You ever laugh so hard you almost or do 🐸🐸🐸🐸 yourself. Same difference except the consequence might be death. I like it.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's been known for a year or more than Sims can die from being over emotional. The example used was a Sim getting so angry it killed him.

But you have the control.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/content/view-post/post/25898/page/5/***/5/

Emotions have intensity levels and believe it or not, EA confirmed that a Sim can actually die from its emotions! An example was that a Sim taken through the levels of anger through furious to enraged might result in them having what was described as something like a heart attack where they will break into such an animated rage that they keel over and die!

Speaking of which, EA have changed their philosophy on death for Sims 4. They realized that some things in previous games made death almost not fair and as funny as it was to die by having a satellite land on you from above, it just wasn't right. In Sims 4, death will only ever be a result of your actions, or age, and before a Sim does die from your actions, there will be plenty of warning signs before the event occurs! One thing for sure though; depressed Sims will not commit suicide! EA had no desire to 'gamify' tragic events.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ReslekReslek Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2014
    But you have the control.

Exactly this!

You have the control and chances are that it won't occur all that often at all. The Sims is riddled with silly deaths and it's a staple of the series. Like a Sim thinking so hard they catch fire, being scared to death, bitten by a guinea pig and so on.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I agree. I hope its at least something that is extremely rare. It will be really annoying if it is like how sims used to die from the eating contest in seasons :roll:
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    edited June 2014
    one of the Grus (I think Sara?) tweeted that your sim is MUCH more likely to die of fire then of laughter.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    konajavakonajava Posts: 47 Member
    Death by hysteria isn't all that easy. I've been trying & can only get my sims very playful. I think it's an amusing addition & like other forms of death (starvation for eg) can be easily controlled.
  • Options
    Mishiczka93Mishiczka93 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim Millie keeps dying of laughter at least once a (human) week. She's a teenager and I always have to quit the game without saving to save her life :-/ it's very annoying, I really don't want her dead by it happens very often with her.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    My sim Millie keeps dying of laughter at least once a (human) week. She's a teenager and I always have to quit the game without saving to save her life :-/ it's very annoying, I really don't want her dead by it happens very often with her.
    Make sure she doesn't have many happy moodlets, as they boost playful.
    I had a sim who had both Goofball and Childish who lived with a playful ghost, so the ghost would also give him an extra playful moodlet. He'd get hysteric sometimes since he's fond of autonomously telling jokes, but a quick trip to the mirror usually calms him down. I also have a mod to remove the Pleasant Surroundings moodlet so he wouldn't hit Hysterical as often. (It's also pretty great because it eliminates my sims grinning intensely from being happy lmao)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top