The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to boycott Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    I'm glad you tried Sims 2 and enjoyed it. To this day, I feel like it's the best release of the series yet.

I'm really hoping Sims 4 can finally take its place as the best, which I honestly think it will. Especially with the fantastic AI, awesome art style, and the recent news we've heard (about how the neighborhoods will actually feel like neighborhoods again)! There's just so much to look forward to, and now that we've been told it'll ship with a city, I'm so excited to learn more.

EDIT: What the hell OP? Why did you change the post? :?
    ORIGINAL POST:
    After my Asus exploded, my fiance got me an HP laptop for sale with the basics only. I love that he bought me one as it still was not cheap and I needed it for many things. But so desperate to so I thought I'd give Sims 2 a try. Wow, I am in love with this game I never played before. The only two things I hate are the camera angles and loading screens.

I've had more fun with Sims 2 than ever with Sims 3 (I played Sims 1 as a teen, never had a chance to look at 2 and after a few months of 3 opening, got a little into it).

I played Sims 3 like a crack habit having to own all the EP and SP. All the store content. The heck with bugs, I could always count on Twallan to fix it.

And now..... Sims 2 is just fun. I don't know how it was done but each character had personality. I hope Sims 4 can deliver old time feelings?

I will wait for Sims 4 review but I think it can bring the Sims 2 charm!

I begged my father to buy me the original sims when it first came out, I was addicted but then I found other life interests in the real world. Still intrigued.

"Especially with the fantastic AI"
    Honey we have yet to see any in-game footage with AI in action. How is the AI fantastic? Because they say it is? Didn't they say Sims 3 was fantastic? Look how that turned out...

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Black-Woman-really-GIF.gif[/img]

Yes, we have seen it in action multiple times. Love or hate EA, these Sims are better than what we've gotten in all of the other games. The routing is substantially better - we've seen that multiple times including the recent trailer. Despite the fact the marketing for this game is complete crap and despite the fact the trailers are staged to pan out a certain way, I have no doubts the gameplay really is as the trailer portrayed it to be with the emotion gameplay.

Where is the video where they show the routing in action? For all we know it could be crap just like the sims 3. Don't you think they would have shown the routing in action if they were proud of it?

[EA Customer:]
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/83290/bunifa-o.gif[/img]
    "Wait...So where exactly is the in-game gameplay footage?"

[EA:]
    tumblr_lht2y1CWVe1qzyz6go1_250.gif
    "This is the STAGED gameplay footage...Now SHUT UP and throw me your money!!"

laughter_applause_113-B13-B.jpg

*crickets chirping*

• Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2014
    Has any petition on this site ever worked? Even a little bit?
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    edited June 2014
    :shock: Are you joking? Its not even out and you are boycotting it? Why?
    Exactly! *** is this
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sigh... I get a kick out of the threads in these forums, but sometimes they can really be a pain in my 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    I'm glad you tried Sims 2 and enjoyed it. To this day, I feel like it's the best release of the series yet.

I'm really hoping Sims 4 can finally take its place as the best, which I honestly think it will. Especially with the fantastic AI, awesome art style, and the recent news we've heard (about how the neighborhoods will actually feel like neighborhoods again)! There's just so much to look forward to, and now that we've been told it'll ship with a city, I'm so excited to learn more.

ORIGINAL POST:
    After my Asus exploded, my fiance got me an HP laptop for sale with the basics only. I love that he bought me one as it still was not cheap and I needed it for many things. But so desperate to so I thought I'd give Sims 2 a try. Wow, I am in love with this game I never played before. The only two things I hate are the camera angles and loading screens.

I've had more fun with Sims 2 than ever with Sims 3 (I played Sims 1 as a teen, never had a chance to look at 2 and after a few months of 3 opening, got a little into it).

I played Sims 3 like a crack habit having to own all the EP and SP. All the store content. The heck with bugs, I could always count on Twallan to fix it.

And now..... Sims 2 is just fun. I don't know how it was done but each character had personality. I hope Sims 4 can deliver old time feelings?

I will wait for Sims 4 review but I think it can bring the Sims 2 charm!

I begged my father to buy me the original sims when it first came out, I was addicted but then I found other life interests in the real world. Still intrigued.

"Especially with the fantastic AI"
    Honey we have yet to see any in-game footage with AI in action. How is the AI fantastic? Because they say it is? Didn't they say Sims 3 was fantastic? Look how that turned out...

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Black-Woman-really-GIF.gif[/img]

Yes, we have seen it in action multiple times. Love or hate EA, these Sims are better than what we've gotten in all of the other games. The routing is substantially better - we've seen that multiple times including the recent trailer. Despite the fact the marketing for this game is complete crap and despite the fact the trailers are staged to pan out a certain way, I have no doubts the gameplay really is as the trailer portrayed it to be with the emotion gameplay.

Where is the video where they show the routing in action? For all we know it could be crap just like the sims 3. Don't you think they would have shown the routing in action if they were proud of it?

[EA Customer:]
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/83290/bunifa-o.gif[/img]
    "Wait...So where exactly is the in-game gameplay footage?"

[EA:]
    tumblr_lht2y1CWVe1qzyz6go1_250.gif
    "This is the STAGED gameplay footage...Now SHUT UP and throw me your money!!"

The fact the trailer was staged to pan out a certain way does not mean that 100% of what was seen in the trailer is fake.

HQ0WJA.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q2-7SVIhhzI#t=67

Reputable fan sites who have seen actual gameplay
    Routing
    Sims can find paths in narrow, complicated areas. No more waving at the camera because a couch is not in the perfect angle.
    Sims can effectively transit really close to other Sims without getting stuck (like going through doors, stairs, or crowded rooms)
    -http://simnation.tv/thesims4/info/The-Sims-4-Routing-Animations-Multitasking/

Read simsvip's post: http://simsvip.com/2013/09/18/sims-camp-day-4-final-day/
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry I can't help it. I keep picturing like four or five people boycotting EA headquarters. :D:D:D

1079834-Clipart-Group-Of-Business-People-Holding-Up-Blank-Signs-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sigh.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    no
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Maybe you didn't understand what "boycott" means, and you looked it up after you posted this thread, and felt embarrassed, so you changed the thread to a misspelled version of your screen name? That's my working theory, anyway.

Generally boycotting is reserved for things that are morally offensive, not just stuff we don't like. When we don't buy stuff we don't want, that's just called "not buying stuff," not boycotting.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited June 2014
    Don't feed the trolls.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    ORIGINAL POST:

8tKCTKG.jpg

*Sigh...

Some people just like to stir the pot... Its getting rather tiring.... :?
  • Options
    donminottdonminott Posts: 57 Member
    edited June 2014
    Toblie wrote:
    Go away.

^^this
  • Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited June 2014
    Can we please just establish the fact that the OP is an idiot and move on?
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2014
    The OFB petition did. :D
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited June 2014
    The OFB petition did. :D

No it didn't.

EA got fed up with the demands and gave us a ****-poor experience included with Midnight Hollows.

Well it could have worked if you have REALLY low standards.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    *petition to boycott idiots............... :roll: :roll:
    My origin id is sim2011
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top