The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not gonna do it.

It wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. :lol:
No weather in the base game? Greedy. Got to get the money for rain, right? Well forget you! :P Lets see if TS4 has lame as vampires too. My money is on YEAH! Go eat plasma fruit! Cause you sure as hell aint getting the real plasma from sims! It may raise the rating, oh my! :shock:

Comments

• Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    ?????...?????
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm glad there's no weather in the base game. If it was, it wouldn't be as detailed or as fleshed out as it would be if it was an EP. I'd rather have an EP that solely focuses on weather and all things weather, than have a base game with half-**** weather basics. Plus, there's a lot of people who don't want weather at all. It's better this way.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    No weather in the base game? Greedy. Got to get the money for rain, right? Well forget you! :P Lets see if TS4 has lame as vampires too. My money is on YEAH! Go eat plasma fruit! Cause you sure as hell aint getting the real plasma from sims! It may raise the rating, oh my! :shock:

Hello, RosettasStoned, haven't seen you here in a long time. LOL you are funny. I'm so bummed at the moment over the freaking renders not representing real seating positions that I can't think and just falling over laughing since it's very late here, way past my bedtime and though I swear I'm not getting this game I have been on here all day. I think I took way too many baby aspirins after I developed a headache right about the time EA held the TS4 preview. LOL. I had nothing to say for hours in my home, just meh. I would like to like this game, and many parts are pretty cool, but don't know if I will spend $70.00 for a lame Vamp either.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Seasons and vampires NEVER came with the base game, like EVER in any of the Sims series, so I don't know what you're crying about. :?

Seasons came in with...well...Seasons EP. It's only fair and "smart" if you want to put it that way. You can't stuff so much info and such onto a single CD or digital download, and well, EA has always been milking the dead cow of the Sims franchise, just moreso than usual with Sims 3 with so much content in the Store, some items that previously came in past Sims installments (which is such a gip but we all bought into it at some point)

And vampires come with a fitting EP, Night Life or Late Night. It just makes sense. We're lucky we're even getting some new and past content in the base game, like the violin (Sims 1 Freetime, and Sims 3 Dragon Valley store world). Not to mention, I heard we're getting the Cowplant (Sims 1 University) so I'm thrilled with that. I can hold off on weathers, seeing how Seasons screwed up my Sims 3 game with a lot of bugs, and the vampires really really need to stop being Twilight-related. NO NEED TO HAVE PERMISSION TO FEED DARN IT! I prefer if Sims "fought" off the vampire, like if they're brave or strong, or if they're a hopeless romantic again, and want to be a vampire, accept it to the fullest extent. Makes things more fun and interesting that way.

I really hope the Sims team takes it down a notch with dishing out EPs and actually take their time to play-test for bugs and glitches, at least most of them because of a lot of us have suffered all the same.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't understand, and never have, why other simmers don't want weather or seasons in the game? it would look weird without it and have just constant sunshine, plus with the clouds in Sims 4, which has never been in any other base game that I know of, it looks like we might be getting weather anyway, which I am glad of, because constant sunshine is stupid...... :?
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    Seasons and vampires NEVER came with the base game, like EVER in any of the Sims series, so I don't know what you're crying about. :?

Seasons came in with...well...Seasons EP. It's only fair and "smart" if you want to put it that way. You can't stuff so much info and such onto a single CD or digital download, and well, EA has always been milking the dead cow of the Sims franchise, just moreso than usual with Sims 3 with so much content in the Store, some items that previously came in past Sims installments (which is such a gip but we all bought into it at some point)

And vampires come with a fitting EP, Night Life or Late Night. It just makes sense. We're lucky we're even getting some new and past content in the base game, like the violin (Sims 1 Freetime, and Sims 3 Dragon Valley store world). Not to mention, I heard we're getting the Cowplant (Sims 1 University) so I'm thrilled with that. I can hold off on weathers, seeing how Seasons screwed up my Sims 3 game with a lot of bugs, and the vampires really really need to stop being Twilight-related. NO NEED TO HAVE PERMISSION TO FEED DARN IT! I prefer if Sims "fought" off the vampire, like if they're brave or strong, or if they're a hopeless romantic again, and want to be a vampire, accept it to the fullest extent. Makes things more fun and interesting that way.

I really hope the Sims team takes it down a notch with dishing out EPs and actually take their time to play-test for bugs and glitches, at least most of them because of a lot of us have suffered all the same.

for the record , vampires in Twilight don't need permission to feed.
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Whitneysim wrote:
    I don't understand, and never have, why other simmers don't want weather or seasons in the game? it would look weird without it and have just constant sunshine, plus with the clouds in Sims 4, which has never been in any other base game that I know of, it looks like we might be getting weather anyway, which I am glad of, because constant sunshine is stupid...... :?

Well, it is set in a New Orleans-esque world :P So it'll be humid and hot haha...

But people are too quick to assume. We will be getting Seasons in the future just like we have with Sims 2 and 3. There's no reason for EA to take that away from us, now is there? I could care less, but the rain and thunder added a nice touch. It was more realistic-sounding than in Sims 2.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    RockingarollRockingaroll Posts: 183 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Whitneysim wrote:

Because it is better to be fetured in seasons ep because it would be better than in ep than in base game
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It would be absolutely awesome if they added thunder in a humid setting, like New Orleans or the dessert, and seriously EA, please bring back the illnesses from Sims 2 when it gets cold and they HAVE to stay home from either work or school bcoz they're sick and get to lay in bed all day until they're better, I loved that so much in the winter in Sims 2.... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sorry Rockingaroll, I meant the people that don't want seasons AT ALL in the game, not just the base game, my bad 8)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have nothing against weather. It's one of my favorite EPs for both sims 2 and 3. There is a reason though why it can't be added to the base game. It would raise specs and increase the size of the game. A base game is never supposed to pack too much stuff in. Releasing Seasons as a single EP gives people the option to buy it. Lowering the specs by not adding in weather gives people a better chance of running the base on the comp they already have.

EA has already ruled out weather for base.
    Omitted Features

Not everything will be included from the start, so we’ve compiled a list of features that will not be included in the base game of The Sims 4. The following features have been officially dismissed for the base game by the development team, but who’s to say some don’t appear at a later date?

Seasons/Weather

• Pets

• Height Slider

• Curved Walls – SimGuruhouts explained that there are technical reasons (related to objects) behind the lack of curved walls

• Diagonal Stairs

• Death by Meteors

• Hair Animations

• Create a Style from The Sims 3

• Color Wheels
    via http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/the-sims-4-fact-sheet/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Cinebar! I've been on face book more than here. :oops:

No hair animations? Wow. so it will be like helmets. :lol:
    I can't do this again with a T rating. I've been watching Teen Mom on MTV today. I'm sure there are teens watching it too. This can never be allowed in the game. Wouldn't it be fun to play out though? They are just pixels, and not real teenagers. :P

& Wait and see, weather will be one of the last ep's released.

I can only hope Sims gets some competition that's rated M! Whoever makes a game like that will blow the sims off the map!
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited June 2014

Lol . . .classic :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Ezelia -

I <3 your siggy.
  • Options
    SimperatrixSimperatrix Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2014

I had this ringing in my head as soon as I saw your thread title, and was pleasantly surprised to see that someone else remembered this! :D
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2014
    :lol: Read my lips, no sims 4.

I just saw the "new" trailer. It's all the same stuff! Same story, different situation. So we get a few new animations. Wooo! Without the Hooo!
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    So, RosettaStoned ... you're saying you love Sims 4 and can't wait to play it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    On the trailer I did see a caption bubble with a cloud and it was raining. I also saw some angry looking clouds over the lake. In other scenes the clouds appeared to be moving. I am not sure if this means anything, but there you have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzD0OB5FqW4&list=UUJqN59SolWoFlb8R9aP-J1A&feature=player_detailpage
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well after watching EA on E3 this year they didn't sell me on Sims 4, but they floored me with Dragon Age Inquisition and I will be pre-ordering it soon.

As far as pets and weather, they should get over themselves and just add it to base game. The old let's keep this as an expansion so we can charge money is screwed up. This is the 4th series and people want something NEW not the same repeated expansions over and over. It is just an old tactic.

And what the frack is up with all this staged stuff when showing Sims 4. I am only seeing YOU EA DOING IT. How about you BE UPFRONT and HONEST with your customers. We both (You EA and US the customers) know you are going to nickel and dime us with this product.

I hear more negative comments over the Sims 4 than positive. And what is wrong that you aren't showing more with this product coming out in a few short months?

Sorry, I'm made. Two games that are crap this year. two of my favorites and the company ****** on them.