Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's really new?

Comments

• Options
    kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, they have explained emotions but we have only seen staged gameplay on how those play out and how sims will interact with each other and their environment. I just want to see live gameplay that is that lively and sims that look that lively before I believe what is being said.

There is a lot of information that still needs to be released before I am convinced S4 is worth investing in.
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2014
    In fact there is very little in the details, videos and screen shots that isn't in the Sims 3.

The things that are new could very easily be added to The Sims 3 in an Expansion Pack. These include: Slightly tweaked graphics, Multi-tasking of limited things, New Objects and textures, New animations.

Very little that isn't in The Sims 3? I'm sorry but...emotions, personality, liveliness. TS3 never had any of that. I don't want any of that adding in an EP to TS3, because TS3 is boring, the graphics aren't anything special, and the game is all out boring. You
    The Sims 4 has no Show Stopping new feature. In fact it is very much add a bit here, take about away there. The graphics are just tweaked, and the 'emotions' seem to be just a different way of doing the same thing.

The graphic's aren't just 'tweaked'. I'm sorry but TS4 looks entirely different to TS3. The sims actually have personality, and the emotions play on that.

I don't see why we need all these negative threads. I understand that people have different opinions and constructive criticism is fine, but people are excited because it's a new game, it looks amazing and different from the last Sims game. It's been years since TS3 was release, I don't see what's not to be excited about. It's not your cup of tea as far as I can tell, but for me, this looks just like what TS3 should of been. Focusing on the actual Sims themselves, not just making everything pretty and easy.

You really hate opinions different than yours don't you?

Gotta love people who complain about the complainers!

No I do not hate others opinions. I understand that other players may dislike the game, and that's fine. However, I've seen people making threads over and over again about how much they dislike this and that, and frankly it gets repetitive and annoying.

I'm not complaining. I don't see why having different opinions and talking about it is automatically seen as complaining? If your adding nothing to this discussion but to single me out, then please don't bother replying.
    if its annoying then move on. don't have a sour attitude about all the time.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    kjones wrote:
    Yes, they have explained emotions but we have only seen staged gameplay on how those play out and how sims will interact with each other and their environment. I just want to see live gameplay that is that lively and sims that look that lively before I believe what is being said.

There is a lot of information that still needs to be released before I am convicted S4 is worth investing in.

Good. Because Alexis from Sims vip is going to be playing TS4
    tomorrow, and then you'll get your none staged gameplay.
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2014
    In fact there is very little in the details, videos and screen shots that isn't in the Sims 3.

The things that are new could very easily be added to The Sims 3 in an Expansion Pack. These include: Slightly tweaked graphics, Multi-tasking of limited things, New Objects and textures, New animations.

Very little that isn't in The Sims 3? I'm sorry but...emotions, personality, liveliness. TS3 never had any of that. I don't want any of that adding in an EP to TS3, because TS3 is boring, the graphics aren't anything special, and the game is all out boring. You
    The Sims 4 has no Show Stopping new feature. In fact it is very much add a bit here, take about away there. The graphics are just tweaked, and the 'emotions' seem to be just a different way of doing the same thing.

The graphic's aren't just 'tweaked'. I'm sorry but TS4 looks entirely different to TS3. The sims actually have personality, and the emotions play on that.

I don't see why we need all these negative threads. I understand that people have different opinions and constructive criticism is fine, but people are excited because it's a new game, it looks amazing and different from the last Sims game. It's been years since TS3 was release, I don't see what's not to be excited about. It's not your cup of tea as far as I can tell, but for me, this looks just like what TS3 should of been. Focusing on the actual Sims themselves, not just making everything pretty and easy.

You really hate opinions different than yours don't you?

Gotta love people who complain about the complainers!

No I do not hate others opinions. I understand that other players may dislike the game, and that's fine. However, I've seen people making threads over and over again about how much they dislike this and that, and frankly it gets repetitive and annoying.

I'm not complaining. I don't see why having different opinions and talking about it is automatically seen as complaining? If your adding nothing to this discussion but to single me out, then please don't bother replying.
    if its annoying then move on. don't have a sour attitude about all the time.

Sour attitude? :roll: I have positive and negative opinions, and so far on TS4 it's been nothing but positive. Don't single me out when there are others who I see on countless occasions say nothing positive about this game. :roll: I don't like repetitive threads by the same people on their same negative opinions. However, they have their right to post that and I have the right to respond the way I feel. It is a forum after all.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have to agree with Cinebar. I'm not seeing much difference in Sims 4. Sims 2 I've been playing and I can honestly say my sim's mood and memory are just as good as Sims 4. She was robbed and she remembered being robbed for two sims weeks. She would get angry when she thought about it.

Free will on a Sims 2 game can produce what EA is showing in Sims 4. Right now they aren't showing me anything super different and new to slap 70 dollars on the table for their 'new' sims game.

And for once I would like to see a trailer that isn't staged. Actual game footage of an actual person playing Sims 4. Because we know EA is good at showing staged trailers of things that aren't actually and/or can be done in game.

-hands Cinebar some homemade cookies-

What MMO are you speaking of? You perked my interest since I am a MMOer..lol

Now I am off to search for the new and renamed Harvest Moon by Xseed..

<.< Edited because I always forget the e in Cinebar's id.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    gamekitten wrote:
    I have to agree with Cinbar. I'm not seeing much difference in Sims 4. Sims 2 I've been playing and I can honestly say my sim's mood and memory are just as good as Sims 4. She was robbed and she remembered being robbed for two sims weeks. She would get angry when she thought about it.

Free will on a Sims 2 game can produce what EA is showing in Sims 4. Right now they aren't showing me anything super different and new to slap 70 dollars on the table for their 'new' sims game.

And for once I would like to see a trailer that isn't staged. Actual game footage of an actual person playing Sims 4. Because we know EA is good at showing staged trailers of things that aren't actually and/or can be done in game.

-hands Cinbar some homemade cookies-

Oh, thank you for the cookies they will be my dessert since I haven't had but anything sweet this evening! :mrgreen: Omg, I want to play Dragon Age's new game, but I'm not an MMOer. I was also very impressed with some other games from Bioware and Ubisoft. There were so many games for the Xbox One my head was spinning. I really like a game that just immerses players into the scenery. I thought 90% them were pretty amazing. I tuned out when they started showing racing games, not might thing, but fighting dragons, looked like fun. And one other game that allowed you to invite three friends looked pretty cool, I think it was set in a medieval period. Not sure what the name of it was, now. Oh, and I loved the original Star Wars movies, and I was very impressed with what they showed about the new SW Battlefield, wow, it was something else. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:
    I have to agree with Cinbar. I'm not seeing much difference in Sims 4. Sims 2 I've been playing and I can honestly say my sim's mood and memory are just as good as Sims 4. She was robbed and she remembered being robbed for two sims weeks. She would get angry when she thought about it.

Oh, thank you for the cookies they will be my dessert since I haven't had but anything sweet this evening! :mrgreen: Omg, I want to play Dragon Age's new game, but I'm not an MMOer. I was also very impressed with some other games from Bioware and Ubisoft. There were so many games for the Xbox One my head was spinning. I really like a game that just immerses players into the scenery. I thought 90% them were pretty amazing. I tuned out when they started showing racing games, not might thing, but fighting dragons, looked like fun. And one other game that allowed you to invite three friends looked pretty cool, I think it was set in a medieval period. Not sure what the name of it was, now. Oh, and I loved the original Star Wars movies, and I was very impressed with what they showed about the new SW Battlefield, wow, it was something else. :lol:

Yes, I noticed the Dragon Age one. That caught my attention. I hope it doesn't end up like their last one. We don't have xbox one yet, been procrastinating about getting it. I play a lot on the 3Ds of late due to being seriously sick and losing functions of my legs. Right now I am playing Rune Story 4, Harvest Moon a new beginning, and a simple casual MMO I picked up from steam.

Then WoW has its new expansion coming out this fall..Been keeping an eye on it since there are some big changes coming to that MMORPG.

Sims 4 so far looks like Sims 2 just repainted. And I am still on the fence about this game since SO darn many games are coming out in a few short months. I want to be totally WOWED by EA over Sims 4.

I know in short I will be getting Harvest Moon created by Xseed, can't remember the title just now. Then Nintendo revamped A-Train from the 80's for 3DS..will be getting that. Then there is WoW. So, Sims 4 has a lot of competition going and right now they aren't impressing me with this tiny bit of show, and not knowing how much is staged also hurts their running.

Oh and Xseed's new Harvest Moon show and tell isn't until tomorrow..lol
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    If all they have done is reskinned TS2 that is fine with me! I would still be playing TS2 right now but those sims, they just don't look the way I want them. So TS4 new sims with gameplay similar to TS2, I say good!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    So you all say that the sims emotions have affected how they did things in previous games. Name one in the other 3 Sims games where this is indicated. :roll:

TS1, TS2, and TSM. Not so much in TS3 because all moodlets were mostly happy and bad ones didn't count all that much. In TS1 Sims told you they were not going to do something like skill or go to work if they were too sad, or depressed. This was known to the player by what had happened like a spouse death or whatever, or the Clown was there and they couldn't raise their fun, sleep, eat or anything so they died from being unhappy because actually this all kept their motives too low causing them to starve etc.

In TS2 Sims stayed mad for days, and would start fights, and sometimes if too sad or depressed wouldn't go to work, or skill etc. They would ask you 'can't you see I'm not in the mood?' This could cause a Sim to die because they wouldn't eat, bathe, etc. Low energy, minus hygiene, minus food equaled sure death. Because they wouldn't eat if too sad etc.

In TSM unhappy Sims would not be able to finish a quest in platinum status which caused the player not to be able to unlock rewards like new objects and clothes. Hello, sound familiar? Their mood affected their performance bar. Too many unhappy moodlets equaled failure.

The TS2 Sim was probably the most moodiest though, and the only thing some of us see here is the mood can now be turned into a positive like work out or paint etc. But really my Sims in all three games have always had emotions that mad them do stupid things or not do what they needed to do.
    That is different, that is like a child saying that they refuse to eat because they are unhappy. The sims didn't pick up paint brush, and start painting about how they really feel. They didn't express how they felt in a book that they were writing, or in a song that they were performing. They didn't point their finger at another sim in a angry fashion without a player directing them to. This is what the company had meant by new. New can also refer to something that was old, but has a new twist to it. Auto Manufactures do this a lot with the cars that they have currently in production. :D
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2014
    knh330 wrote:
    But, if that's the case, how can we tell everything we've seen in the gameplay trailer isn't staged? What if emotions have no effect what-so-ever on sims? How do we know if sims can really die of laughter? How do we know if sims can even throw parties? How do we know anything because the trailer was staged?
    Seriously? She SAID, "he just died of laughter" I don't think she would have said he could die of laughter if he couldn't actually die of laughter. She SAID he can throw a party. They have SAID that emotions effect the sims.

Did you not watch the same E3 live feed that we did?

That's the point I'm making...
    She SAID "[Gladys'] bad mood is affecting everyone else". Maybe that part was staged, maybe it wasn't. But, I don't know why something like that would be staged because it has a lot to do with mood/emotion (which EA is obviously emphasizing in this game).
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So, to me as of now it is just a repainted version of Sims 2. Sims 2 as of today you can load tons of CC and make the sims look like anyone. Seen a real nice skin that made a sim look like Joker from Batman. Pretty amazing if you just have a party in Sims 2 and turn your Sims on free will. I have actually seen Sims 2 sims take care of themselves, so if I walked away from the keyboard to cook, I could come back and my sim isn't dead from deciding playing a computer game was more important than let's say Eating!

After watching a few videos of upcoming games like:
    Assassin Creed Unity
    Star Wars Battlefront
    And Scalebound

Exceptional looking games that step up to the new technologies and use them well. Scalebound..a dragon as an allie? Awesome! Assassin Creed's new co-op? Now I can step into the game with my fiancé and we can play together..And the graphics and gameplay (Yeah they actually showed game play and not a trailer)!

Battlefront is still in the works, but I am old and remember watching the very first Star Wars movie as a kid. It seems the team wants to take you back and let you live the movie.

Well let's just say they stepped up into the present technology and freaking WOWED me enough, I am going to talk to my fiancé tonight about investing in Xbox One.

EA has not sold me on this new Sims game. It hasn't shown me much different than stepping back in time with lower graphics and playing Sims 2.

And to be honest? A lot of old games are being revamped and are being sold today. And some aren't even touched. It is popular and they are selling. Says something about today's gaming companies when old block head games are coming back and people are buying them like crazy...

So, yes EA. WOW me like those three games above did and made me decide I need Xbox one Now.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    Going into E3 I was very excited about the sims 4 and was really looking forward to it. Now after seeing that video, I came away with what's new and where's the WOW factor. In the sims 3 there was universal aging, an open neighborhood, and CASt. The sims 4 seems to be geared more towards children then teens. It just came across looking like the same game we have now but without a WOW factor. When I saw the trailer for the sims 3, it made me want to get the game. For the sims 4, it didn't make me want to go out and buy the game.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    gamekitten wrote:
    So, to me as of now it is just a repainted version of Sims 2. Sims 2 as of today you can load tons of CC and make the sims look like anyone. Seen a real nice skin that made a sim look like Joker from Batman. Pretty amazing if you just have a party in Sims 2 and turn your Sims on free will. I have actually seen Sims 2 sims take care of themselves, so if I walked away from the keyboard to cook, I could come back and my sim isn't dead from deciding playing a computer game was more important than let's say Eating!

Assassin Creed Unity
    Star Wars Battlefront
    And Scalebound

Exceptional looking games that step up to the new technologies and use them well. Scalebound..a dragon as an allie? Awesome! Assassin Creed's new co-op? Now I can step into the game with my fiancé and we can play together..And the graphics and gameplay (Yeah they actually showed game play and not a trailer)!

Battlefront is still in the works, but I am old and remember watching the very first Star Wars movie as a kid. It seems the team wants to take you back and let you live the movie.

Well let's just say they stepped up into the present technology and freaking WOWED me enough, I am going to talk to my fiancé tonight about investing in Xbox One.

EA has not sold me on this new Sims game. It hasn't shown me much different than stepping back in time with lower graphics and playing Sims 2.

And to be honest? A lot of old games are being revamped and are being sold today. And some aren't even touched. It is popular and they are selling. Says something about today's gaming companies when old block head games are coming back and people are buying them like crazy...

So, yes EA. WOW me like those three games above did and made me decide I need Xbox one Now.
    :thumbup: Yes, I rememember now from yesterday! I want to try the new LOTRs Mordor game, omg, I love Peter Jackson's version of the trilogy and I did play EA's LOTRs BFME, I loved how they were able to get with the film producers and make such believable characters. I passed on the F2P LOTRs, but Mordor looked so interesting and it did wow me along with the new Dragon Age. Hey, if my husband and I break down and buy an Xbox One, maybe I will see you there, I am seriously considering passing on TS4 and getting a console so I can play those games. And I am such a chicken to play online with today's gamers. It's a whole other world of gamers. :wink:

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:

Wait the minute, Dragon Age you said ??? I didn't plan to hit the reply button until you mentioned DA :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: .

Dragon Age Inquisition is not a MMO, it's a single player. I have been waiting for it for ages (well actually since 2012). It will be released on 7th of October this year (and one of the reason why I am not that upset about TS4 because I know I am going to get my hand on DA soon :lol: ).
    It's using a new engine Frostbite 3 and it's also available for PC. It has a much larger map than its predecessors (DA 1 & 2).

Edited to add :

If you plan to buy Dragon Age Inquisition, then go for it :mrgreen: . You don't have to buy Xbox to play DA 3 / Inquisition, just get the one for PC.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh, thanx! I thought DAI was going to be an MMO since I think you get a few extra characters to help you, right? there were so many games at E3 I'm getting confused. But yes, I want to play that one, glad to know I don't need to buy a console. Some of my family have some of the different consoles, but I have always stuck with the PC games. :lol:

My fingers don't work as fast as theirs on those controls/pads. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    gamekitten wrote:

Assassin Creed Unity
    Star Wars Battlefront
    And Scalebound

:thumbup: Yes, I rememember now from yesterday! I want to try the new LOTRs Mordor game, omg, I love Peter Jackson's version of the trilogy and I did play EA's LOTRs BFME, I loved how they were able to get with the film producers and make such believable characters. I passed on the F2P LOTRs, but Mordor looked so interesting and it did wow me along with the new Dragon Age. Hey, if my husband and I break down and buy an Xbox One, maybe I will see you there, I am seriously considering passing on TS4 and getting a console so I can play those games. And I am such a chicken to play online with today's gamers. It's a whole other world of gamers. :wink:

Well, after viewing quite a few new games, my fiancé and I agreed to buy xbox one next month. So Sims 4 is a no go as of now. I was simply Wowed by games I don't even like such as Rainbow Seige, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty, and the list goes on. Wowed so much we will be purchasing a PS4 also sometime this year...XD.

I hope we do see each other if you get your xbox one. I think our ID is Chellevis lol, xbox is broke.

I still haven't seen Nintendo's new games yet, but I am more a 3Ds fan of theirs than anything.

I feel disappointed after seeing so many up in the tech games then looking at Sims 4. I tried hard to see the wow factor, but it just isn't there, infact there isn't anything there for the 70 bucks they want. After purchasing a few collectors edition of games this year and being sorely disappointed, I am more cautious. I love Sims. Been a fan for a long time, but Sims 4 just hasn't shown me enough wow to plunk down that sum of money. Learned this from Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2.
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dragon Age Inquisition will very much be an awesome game and probably one my husband demands for his gaming addiction he doesn't have much time for these days. He's just got the new Diablo 3 expansion and he seems to be having a lot of fun with it. I would love another game like skyrim where you're in the open world and fighting stuff and can basically make your own stories. Elder Scrolls 6 anyone? ;)

tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    I won't mind at all if it will be Sims 3 all over again, I love the game. Just with different EP's, new idea's, unique faces and better animations (what this whole complaining about 'no emotions' is all about because they don't have emotions, they're pixels fcol). And NO BUGS!
    Then I will be happy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is all a matter of opinion in the end, isn't it?
    I'm so stoked for The Sims 4, I mean, I think they've added lots.

- Emotions,
    - Multi-Tasking,
    - Advanced C.A.S + Build Mode

They seem like the big four, but, we'd have loads if we counted all the new stuff included in the game that we've never seen before. I mean, there's been plenty of furniture shown that have always come at a price-tag of €40 in Expansion Packs.

Again, there are a few things I don't like about The Sims 4, but, I'm not just gonna' give up hope on the game when there is still so much more to discover. I mean, the game has just come out of media hiding.

And, like I said- it is all a matter of opinion. I mean, like a Simmer above said; they think The Sims 4 is nothing new, but yet praises the new Assassin's Creed. Well, I think the complete opposite.
    Assassin's Creed squeezes out a game every year or so, with nothing but small new features. It may look nice, but, that is only to trap you.

Of course, a lot of people like Assassin's Creed, but, I don't. But, again that is my opinion. I'm not trying to force you guys' to like The Sims 4, but, I'd at least expect you to buy the game for itself and try it out.

I mean, I could be gifted Unity when it comes out, and I could play it and love it. Although I haven't loved an AC game since Assassin's Creed II.

P.S- I so agree on Star Wars Battlefront and Shadow Of Mordor. God, they look so fun to play. I've been patiently waiting for the next Battlefront since the last instalment came out.

Also, Inquisition and ME4- Woo! Hopefully Inquisition is better then DAII, but, it looks that way. I mean, the game looks so fun to play, and very visually stunning as well.
    Can't wait for a proper trailer for ME4!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Oh, thanx! I thought DAI was going to be an MMO since I think you get a few extra characters to help you, right? there were so many games at E3 I'm getting confused. But yes, I want to play that one, glad to know I don't need to buy a console. Some of my family have some of the different consoles, but I have always stuck with the PC games. :lol:

My fingers don't work as fast as theirs on those controls/pads. :lol:

The extra characters are called companions. They are there to help you with your quests. They are playable and played by you not other people :mrgreen: . It's like controlling 4 or 5 sims together, with your main sim as a leader. :-) . You can choose which companions that will accompany you during a quest.

I have PS3 but I seldom use it because I am not familiar with the control pads either.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2014
    The sims 4 seems to be geared more towards children then teens.

That comes across my mind every time I look at the videos. The cow plant looks like it came from MySims.
    That's actually it I think. A higher resolution MySims.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PsychoLesbianPsychoLesbian Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good golly sweet molly I've forgotten how negative this community can really be. Let's bash on the new game because it polishes ideas from previous games! Lets bash each other because we hate negative people, and bash them for bashing! Progressive talk folks.

Yes, some of the stuff in the sims 4 is already in previous iterations. That's cool. I'd still rather play on an updated engine with a better interface and ALL the features of the previous games than downgrade and swap between all the games. We've all played every sim game known to man, spent a mini fortune on all the expansion packs, abused each other over our own opinions. This is the cycle of this community. Love, hate, abuse, hype. Rinse repeat. We're all going to play it, or at the very least watch someone else play it. Just because the game is a Sequel, and learns from its predecessors while updating the graphical quality and engine doesn't mean it isn't a worthy purchase. Its all of the previous games combined into one nice neat pretty looking package and that alone is worth the purchase. ESPECIALLY if it helps with the compatibility issues of previous titles.

Otay? Learn to love folks. Sims is for creating and enjoying, not for screaming and throwing discs at eachother.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Also, Inquisition and ME4- Woo! Hopefully Inquisition is better then DAII, but, it looks that way. I mean, the game looks so fun to play, and very visually stunning as well.
    Can't wait for a proper trailer for ME4!

It will take another two years before ME4 can be released :lol: . I totally skip ME3 and never looked back even once because of the ending. I believe Bioware will not make the same mistake twice. :mrgreen:

TS4 will probably end up like ME3 if it doesn't come with an open neighbourhood.

DAI/DA3 will be better than DA 2, that's I am sure. There are aspects from DA I and II in DAI such as combat systems but you can see it that there are plenty new stuffs, game plays and a huge improvement from its predecessors.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have the same question: What is new in TS4?

TS2 had the different life-stages, TS3 had an open neighbourhood and CASt, but what's new in TS4? I really can't tell (yet). I hope for some new info they'll share towards the end of E3.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    I believe that the new biggest WOW hasn't been said and probably won't until weeks before release :D

the biggest WOW is probably the ability to directly morph the Sim's body in CAS - that is a really big feature and a great programming feat. I doubt if we will seen anything else that important at E3 or in the future.

However it does appear that routing is better and that there are more unique objects and animations in the base game than there were in TS3. Hopefully making new animations for interactions will be easier in TS4 than in TS3 and they will continue to add additional animations in each EP. the lack of animations was a big problem for me in TS3.

The game play that we have seen however is staged and actual game play may differ - that is why they keep that disclaimer at the bottom of the screen during the trailers.