The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Gallery...

The trouble with this is that for all previous Sims games the best user created content was hosted on non-EA sites not the exchange. I've downloaded loads of stuff for previous Sims games but never one bit from the Sims Exchange on the EA sites.

I hope they've made it easy to create and share content (especially mods) in the same way as it is for the Sims 3...

Comments

• Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you're saying that you hope Custom Content can get through The Gallery, I have to disagree. I don't use CC, and I don't download from The Exchange unless it specifically says CC Free. I think that if someone tries to upload a Sim or Build in TS4 that contains CC, it should not be allowed to upload, or the CC should be totally removed from the download.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    okester wrote:
    If you're saying that you hope Custom Content can get through The Gallery, I have to disagree. I don't use CC, and I don't download from The Exchange unless it specifically says CC Free. I think that if someone tries to upload a Sim or Build in TS4 that contains CC, it should not be allowed to upload, or the CC should be totally removed from the download.
    This!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    okester wrote:

I agree with this as well. It keeps everyone safe from viruses and such.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Sims franchise has always been accommodating to user-created content. Maxis back in the day encouraged it. I have to think that EA will give us a means to add mods to the game and also third-party custom content. Whether or not CC can be uploaded to the Exchange is a different discussion. I wouldn't mind if only cc-free items can be uploaded and shared.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't feel as thought the upload should not be allowed because that's kind of unfair. Maybe the CC could be removed, but a user shouldn't be denied the privilege of their creation being uploaded and shared with others. Or, maybe just be weary of the downloads you select.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    Noooo, there will be sites to download user created stuff. I still remember the doll that wreaked havoc. None of that needs to be in to exchange.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have a very serious question to ask about the gallery. If this is in the game again, (you could go to the Exchange through the TS2 game) does anyone realize how many players upload to the Exchange daily? And how many of hundreds if not thousands of lots and Sims are on an Exchange. Think about that when they say it is so easy just to go into the gallery and sort through some Sims and Lots to add to your game...

Instead of going to a website, you are in the game, and are flipping page, after page, after page, after page of Sims or Lots to download...how bothersome will the new 'exchange' be if you are still in your game but want a Sim, now?

Also, Note not once did she say (Rachael) anything other than 'homes' and 'Sims' I have a feeling players can't upload or actually build venues in TS4 at least not yet. Because even in the facts about the gallery it never mentions venues..but only 'homes' and 'Sims'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I have a very serious question to ask about the gallery. If this is in the game again, (you could go to the Exchange through the TS2 game) does anyone realize how many players upload to the Exchange daily? And how many of hundreds if not thousands of lots and Sims are on an Exchange. Think about that when they say it is so easy just to go into the gallery and sort through some Sims and Lots to add to your game...

Instead of going to a website, you are in the game, and are flipping page, after page, after page, after page of Sims or Lots to download...how bothersome will the new 'exchange' be if you are still in your game but want a Sim, now?

Also, Note not once did she say (Rachael) anything other than 'homes' and 'Sims' I have a feeling players can't upload or actually build venues in TS4 at least not yet. Because even in the facts about the gallery it never mentions venues..but only 'homes' and 'Sims'.

I have the same questions. The Exchange filter right now stinks. If this Gallery doesn't have a strong filter than it will be more frustrating than neat.

Assigning a building as a venue was done in game (correct me if I'm wrong) so you can build a 'house' with a venue in mind and people can assign it as that venue when they place it. That's my theory anywho. I kinda hope we can assign more than one venue type as we clearly have seen it done by EA in TS3 but aren't able to do it ourselves.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    There should either be a separate gallery for CC uploads or it shouldn't be allowed at all. I don't use the exchange because of CC and there's no way i will be happy about loosing out on this feature again because some people wish to add CC to there sims, that would be totally unfair.

Share your CC laden creations on a separate site and let those of us who don't use it have a safe place to exchange creations.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

Having real-time access to each and every item uploaded by all users worldwide sounds a little too demanding for this low-spec way of simming.
    I'd sure love a lot more information on this feature.
    I do see we can filter Sims, Lots and Rooms. There is also an Advanced tab, it wasn't open but I would imagine you could narrow things down by creator or certain requirements.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't doubt the new exchange system will allow CC. I use CC but I learned how to install it myself so I don't have to depend on the exchange. People really shouldn't depend on it for CC. It only spreads bad CC. There will still be bad CC out there of course but the gallery would only be spreading it even more like the exchange for sims 3 does now. Then you get users who don't understand what bad CC is, why it's effecting them, and how to get rid of it. Besides that, even when users try to avoid CC by downloading lots/sims that say CC free there is still a chance CC will be attached for what ever reason. You can control CC much easier when you go to the creator to download. Bad CC is frustrating to deal with and not worth it. I would much rather control what CC I'm getting and organize it in package form so I know where things are to remove them if need be.

That's just my opinion and it does not change the fact that yes, we may be seeing CC/bad CC appear again on The Gallery. People can do as they please and I'm not trying to say don't do it you're a fool if you do but I am saying take the effort to learn how to install CC on your own. Another reason The gallery would be much better with no CC is for those who try their best to avoid CC but still end up with it because they downloaded a sim/lot from The Gallery.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited June 2014
    i hope we will be able to turn off the gallery from in game same as turning off aging as i do not went to download from this gallery and do went to keep my game cc free
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    okester wrote:

I agree with this as well. It keeps everyone safe from viruses and such.

Omg CC no thanks... They should make another part of the blog for CC content, for the people who want to download CC. I personally donnot want any type of CC in my game No WAy!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Exchange might work like it did with Sims 2 in that any uploaded item with CC content would be flagged with a yellow triangle warning sign. You could click on it and see a list of the CC content.

Anyway, the Exchange and what we can have installed in our games are two different discussions. I have to think that EA will allow us to download and install CC content into our games to play. Some Simmers love lots of CC, others avoid it like the Plague. Each Simmer should be able to play the Sims their own way.

Did I see a Sort feature in The Gallery? I sure hope it's a much better tool than the cra.ppy Sims 3 Launcher.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    My hope is that the gallery is 100% CC unfriendly. No way, no how.
    The current Exchange has items Featured that are corrupt.
    I have to download third party programs just to be 100% certain of everything and even at that I no longer download and install.

Please, no CC whatsoever. CC creators generally have their own sites anyhow.
  • Options
    DblondePimpettDblondePimpett Posts: 494 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes please. I love CC, but only when I know where it is coming from. Too much bad CC gets uploaded and it bugs my game :(

I never use ts3's exchange because of this, but I wouldn't mind using ts4's if the CC doesn't get uploaded too.