Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kgaff's Build n Share Entry - page 4 - #206- We Need Some Space

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    Part 2 of Just do it
    Adopt a baby.

Jenna has a job now, made some friends but still has no family. After thinking it over for a few day she feels good about the decision to adopt a baby.

Somehow Jenna expected a little more fanfare when the adoption service stopped by with the baby. Not so much as a How do you do!
    original.jpg

But once Jenna peeked into the basket it was LOVE at first sight!
    original.jpg

Jenna has named the baby Andrew. So far his only traits are Couch Potato and Easily Impressed which really makes quite a bit of sense at this stage of life.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Andrew just had a birthday and is now a toddler, his birthday present was a xylophone.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Reading books with Andrew is a daily event, when Andrew aged up his new trait was Bookworm. Jenna hopes he becomes a genius.
    screenshot_original.jpg

So there it is, I finally have a sim who adopted a child and is currently raising him. He is now in school and has a crush on his former babysitter who I will now introduce in part 3, The babysitter.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    Part 3 of Just do It.

Hire a babysitter 036d46b9-9065-44c2-afe9-a199d5745b62_com.png

Jenna is burned out! Between the demands of Andrew, working and little or no sleep she almost burned the house down making a 3 a.m. snack. She needs HELP!

Jennaneedsababysitter1_zps23b6d634.jpg

Andrew has actually had two babysitters show up. This is Annie. Andrews is quite smitten with her and uses his "baby flirts" to get his way.
    AndrewwithAnnie_zps02839e80.jpg

Andrew's other babysitter is Anderson. They have become good friends although sometimes Anderson's mind is not on the job.
    AndrewwithAnderson_zps42638063.jpg

Between Jenna, Anderson and Annie, Andrew has grown up and is now becoming a teenager. (Just between you and me, Andrew and Annie were spotted on the porch eating cake together. ssshh...)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Robi Malloy

UserName : Kgaff
    Type of Entry : A male
    EPs & SPs used : Base game, High-End Loft Stuff and Town Life
    Contains Store content : Yes
    World only items used & which world from : Sunset Valley (???)
    Download link : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8242779
    Name of sim : (IF Household each sims) Robi Malloy
    Traits : (IF Household each sims) Charismatic, Handy, Loves the Outdoors, Bookworm, Green Thumb
    Ltw : (IF Household each sims) The Perfect Garden (completed)
    likes - food, colour & music : (IF Household each sims) Key Lime Pie, green, Latin
    Other extra skills theyve earned : Sports level 10 - Charisma level 6 - Cooking level 10 - Fishing level 6 - Gardening level 10 - Handiness level 10 - Dancing level 3
    The 7 Pictures :

original.jpg

Robichickencowtractor_zps24cf3591.jpg

original.jpg

Robi_zps1a960813.jpg

The short History / story : Robi Malloy's interests are incredibly diverse from books to sports to cooking. His career was in sports and he worked his way up to Sports Legend but signing autographs was really not what he wanted to do so, he quit his job to pursue his passion for gardening.
    It all started with a small 5x5 plot of land with a few tomatoes and lettuce. He noticed the food he cooked with his own produce was much better tasting, he wanted to grow more!
    Then he received a gift of chickens which gave him the idea to start a small farm. Next came cows, he needed more space. Then one day he woke up and there sat a shiny new tractor, he needed much more space. Now he spends his days fixing cars, playing with chicks and working the land. His cooking is the talk of the town and his barbeques are always a hit!

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2014
    Robi is a very nice sim :) Nice background details that you have written for him. It is great that he changed from being a sports star and now enjoys working on his farm. Very nice photos that you have taken of him enjoying being outside gardening, milking the cow, playing with the chickens and riding the tractor . It is great the way he started off small with his gardening and then it grew to become a farm. Nice outfits that he is wearing. It is great that he has already achieved his LTW. He would enjoy cooking the produce that he harvests, in the bakery oven if he wins. He is a great sim :)
    edited June 2014
    Sweethearts Hideaway
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8266954

Built for the Design That Home- Revival : Honeymoon Period

Original house
    213cg.jpg

My sim version
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Sweethearts Hideaway is a very nice home :) Great simform reflection of the real life home! The exterior looks great! It looks great how you have done the texture of the exterior. The dormer looks great. Nice types of windows that you have used through the build.It looks nice how you have done the plants and pink flowers at the front of the home. Nice furnishing of the interior. Nice patterns that you have used for the walls of the study nook area and the bedroom. Great window study nook for sims to read or use a computer there and enjoy the sunlight coming in. Nice type of kitchen counters that you have used. Very nice patterning on the dining seats. The kitchen and dining area looks a nice sunny place to cook and enjoy eating a meal, with the sunshine coming through the kitchen window. Nice floral themed master bed that you have placed in the bedroom. The hearts picture on the wall is nice for a newly married couple. The drapes over the bed looks nice. Great back patio for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ outdoors.
    It is a great home. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cute name for a cute cottage! Left you a recommendation! Good job! :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    Username; Kgaff
    lot Group; E Community; Coffee shops, Cafes & Restaurant (it shows up as a restaurant in game because of the rabbit hole diner)
    Type of Lot; Park with diner rabbit hole from Roaring Heights 20x30
    Name of Lot; My Lunch Basket
    Description of lot; Whats in my picnic basket? A sandwich, chips, soda and cookies. Inside the sandwich is a small snack area, A make your own ice cream bar is on the patio. Enter the soda can to go downstairs to the Clear Your Plate Diner.
    Download link; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8278649
    Pictures;
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The short story;
    This lot was inspired by my first date with my now husband. We went on a picnic to a ski resort above Palm Springs, California. We took the mountain tram up to a wooded and rocky picnic area where we ate what you see on the lot, then went to the resort to have a drink and warm up. It was sooo cold that day!

edited June 2014
    Your My Lunch Basket build is great! :) Very creatively designed! The exterior shapes of the buildings as chips, a sandwich and soda looks great! It is a special background to the build that it was inspired by what you did and ate on your first date with your husband. That is nice. The red and white checked picnic tablecloth looks nice. It looks great how you have done the different colours on the side of the sandwich for the different fillings. The sandwich board outside the sandwich looks great there. Sims will enjoy sitting out in the sunshine at the picnic tables having an Icecream. The cookies on the ground of the spring riders area looks great! It looks nice how you have the water fountain and plants and flowers display inside the building. Great patterns and colours that you have used for the exterior of the buildings.
    It is a great creative build! :)
    edited June 2014
    edited July 2014
    Family Help

Total Cost of House: 98,500 (I added some stuff at the last moment and forget the actual price but I know I didn't go over budget)

Size of Lot and Name of Neighborhood: 30x30 in Hidden Springs

Description of House: Welcome to the new home of Mr. Anderson. Following the death of his wife, Mr. Anderson has chosen this house to restart his life with his children, two daughters and a son, with help of his mother. With 4 bedrooms plus nursery, 4 1/2 baths, a large basement with surprises for everyone and a huge pool in the back yard, they should be very happy here.

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8331413

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Master bedroom with attached bath and nursery

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Grandma's Room

screenshot_original.jpg

Girl's Room

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Boy's Room

screenshot_original.jpg

Living, Dining and Kitchen

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Basement with boys room, man cave and hangout/fun area for all

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your Family Help build looks great! I love the different colors and patterns on the exterior. Question - how did you make the wooden arch that seems connected to the two pillars on the front porch? I don't recognize it from the game and I'm curious!
    edited July 2014
    Family Help is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! You have reflected the real life home well! The roofing looks very great! It looks nice how you have done the flowers and plants at the front of the home. Great front porch. Very nice pool area! It looks nice how you have placed the flowers and rocks on the edges of the area. Great paving you have used. Nice back porch for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing outside on the loungers, or enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating the meal in the outdoors air at the table. Great exterior of the garage! Nice furnishing of and layout of the interior of the home. Nice master bedroom. Sims will enjoy waking up to the sunlight coming in onto the bed through through the bedhead wall windows. Nice patterns that you have used for the walls and floor in the nursery. The patterned floor rug in the nursery looks nice. Parent sims will like relaxing on the rocking chair watching their child asleep in the cot. Pretty wall patterns that you have used in grandmother's and the girls bedrooms. It looks very nice the type of curtains that you have used in the grandma's room, and nice comfortable armchair for her to sit on. Nice butterfly themed upper landing area for the children to play with toys or have a read. Nice living room area. It looks great how you have placed the sofa and armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting and having a chat or a read , whilst sunshine comes through the window. The lead light lamps there look nice and give a great look to the area. Great kitchen and dining area. The wooden texture of the kitchen counters and dining table and seats looks nice. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the table for sims to see when dining. Great basement level! Sims will have fun playing pool or chess there, or sitting relaxing watching tv. It is great that you have a kitchen area there, for preparing a meal to eat. It looks great how you have placed the pictures on the walls of the pool room.
    It is a great home for the family! :)
    edited July 2014
    Your Family Help build looks great! I love the different colors and patterns on the exterior. Question - how did you make the wooden arch that seems connected to the two pillars on the front porch? I don't recognize it from the game and I'm curious!

I used the arch piece from the roller coaster set in the Boardwalk set using MMO. It worked out great and my sims still can use the front door!

Thanks so much for you kind comments, I'm glad you liked it. :D
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Rose! I still wonder how you find the time to write such reviews of all the builds so quickly. I always look forward to them! :D
    edited October 2014
    Villainspiration6_zps9dc67578.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    Villainspiration5_zps6a5081ba.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Villainspiration2_zps3e5b0f94.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    edited October 2014
    Work in progress for the Fabulous Foundation comp
    Inspiration picture:
    Villainspiration1_zps87b6f66f.jpg
    Sim version:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by Kgaff on
    edited October 2014
    Entry for Fabulous Foundations comp

Entry Form:
    Username: Kgaff

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8462489

Name of lot: Villa Con Amore (means, with love and enthusiasm)

Link to research if not on this thread:
    Mediterranean-style homes are inspired by architecture usually associated with Spain, France and Italy. A low-pitched, tile roofs, often red, is the most distinctive characteristic of this style of home. Usually, but not always, finished in stucco, they often include a courtyard or patio, columns, balconies and decorative wrought iron or wooden window grilles

634de0d8-8c39-4fb5-b7a2-104766347735_zps50a61d4f.jpg

Mediterranean floor plans offer easy circulation between gracious rooms that often open onto lush gardens, patios, and pools.
    Interiors are furnished carefree and casual, emphasizing the colors and textures found in the surrounding landscape. Nature is apparent in the architectural elements and furnishings in Mediterranean style.
    b4d64a0f-7573-49cd-a353-eee9c4d9f726_zps68e17632.jpg

Outdoor living areas are very important in Mediterranean life in order to take full advantage of the warm summer weather and the relatively mild climate of winter.
    Water is another common Mediterranean design element, and many European homes include a courtyard fountain or other water feature.

b8ca03f5-87b6-4df6-8c90-2db709b50a1c_zpse63a3a81.jpg

Description:
    Villa Con Amore, meaning with love and enthusiasm, was built for the Fabulous Foundations comp. This Mediterranean inspired home has a kitchen with attached nectar tasting room, open living and dining area with arched metal and wooden windows. A wrought iron stair takes you to the open air patio with bedrooms on either side. Outdoors there are two seating areas, one covered with a fountain and fireplace, a pool, an open air seating area and a small garden.

Photos: (min front and back view and floor plans of each floor)

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

More screenshots
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Link to further pictures/slideshow:

Post edited by Kgaff on
    Villa Con Amore is a very nice home! :) Great background research details that you have written about the style you used and the inspiration pictures are very nice.The name of your home is very nice. Very nice exterior of the home! The texture of the exterior looks great. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows in the build. The roofing is great! It looks very nice how you have done the front steps porchway alcove! The plants and the lights on either side of the front entrance looks very nice. The pool area is very nice! The outdoors greenery trellis covered sitting area looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the pillars and curtains there. It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting resring outdoors on the seats, enjoying the sunshine, and warming up beside the fireplace on a coolish day. It looks very nice! Great harvestable garden area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants to use in cooking meals. It looks great how you have placed barrels in the nook area of the exterior of the house. Very nice indoors living room area. Sims will enjoy sitting and chatting on the sofa and armchairs there, in front of the fireplace. The type of fireplace you have used there suits well the type of home. The floral floor rug looks nice there. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. It is nice that you have a nectar tasting room off from the kitchen.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thank you @rosemow and thank you for the link helping me get those pictures to post!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful build Kgaff! So charming! I will be sure to recommend. :D
    Thank you @yanti68, I enjoyed building it.