Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A plea for more regular sets and less venues

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    I completely agree.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree, actually! I love these new venues,

but they are more expensive and I think you get less or the same amount of items anyhow :lol: So maybe some cheaper sets would be nice for some people who can't afford 2K bundles, as that what the latest sets for ages have cost. None of these cheaper 500pt ones or anything :|
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2014
    hear hear!
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2014
    In a way I feel as though Venues don't encourage creativity the way sandbox games like this should. Often they are large (which makes them difficult to put several in a world), and on an older computer they can be laggy and difficult to navigate.

Taking the latest venue as an example, EA probably would have made more money if they released it as a set (not a venue) with a cheaper price. Say they sold all the pieces for 900sp, I'm sure way more people would purchase it. Making the content available by a wider variety of budgets in the long run creates a larger profit margin. I fully understand wanting to sell for a higher price when you can, but with the Sims 3 coming to a close you would think the company would understand most of their fan base is probably saving for the release of TS4 and create content that they will sell for a more reasonable amount.

I feel like I've ranted a lot about that :lol: but it just doesn't line up for me when you compare their tactics with the life cycles for this kind of thing.

I would love to see more small sets released at small prices. If we could get a few that were under 1000sp I'd probably buy another bundle, because I certainly don't have the money to buy anything bigger than the 1000 bundle. I adore this franchise, and I would be willing to support them financially more than I already have, but if I can't afford the product I obviously can't pay them and obtain it. There are loads of ideas for sets floating around the forums, it would be nice to see some of those come to the store.
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Tootsyim1 wrote:
    I don't see why they can't let people buy what they want from the sets being offered. That way we (and them) would get what we want. We want new stuff they want money! It would be a win-win!! :D

^^ This! ^^

There are many times that I only want a portion or a few objects, clothes, hair from a set or venue - but when it's all or nothing, I hesitate. Honestly some of the Venues I've purchased were DD or Goodie Box items at a fraction of the cost. :D I'd never have paid full price (sometimes as much as $20 USD) for a Venue when I only wanted the trees or water fountain. :(

If EA would break the sets apart and let us buy what we wanted - at a pace that we could afford, they may be pleasantly surprised when we buy more ...and they make more. ;)
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2014
    Because they keep selling venues I have slowed down buying anything. I don't like venues, because I like building my own. It's hard to find a place to put them. I want to pick and choose what I want. I notice some venues have items of the same thing re done. How many picnic tables and arches do we need? (for example). The roller coaster and the new Carnival should have been in the same set. The tractor and the ST and the Boho set should have been one set. Savvy Seller, Bistro and Bakery should have been a Open for Business Expansion Pack, This is just my opinion.

I own 85 to 90% of the store and all of the worlds except LL and EP except KP, so I think it's time to take a break. I will however buy again if everything in the store is sold as a individual item.
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tootsyim1 wrote:
    I do understand what you're saying. I do like venue because I CAN NOT build to save my life, so it makes it easier for me to play with the new stuff right away.

THAT BEING SAID; I agree that it shouldn't be an all or nothing. I don't see why they can't let people buy what they want from the sets being offered. That way we (and them) would get what we want. We want new stuff they want money! It would be a win-win!!

:D

^^ This is how I feel exactly. My attempts at builds become a hot mess rather quickly, so I really do enjoy venues that make use of build mode objects for me. If they made each venue item purchasable right from the start, then I think we would all be happy.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited June 2014
    I actually like venues, because I'm hopeless at building. I own almost every single one. I mostly play custom worlds, Surburban Springs or Glenvale County are both big enough to hold all of the store venues.

That said, it would be nice to have more sets if they were either build sets, furniture, or new PC. Can never have too many choices for kitchens, bathrooms and nurseries.

I wouldn't be disappointed to never see another female CAS set as long as I live, unless it's maternity wear.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2014
    *signed*

I like to buy individual items from a set and not the whole set/venue in most cases. Plus I'd like to see some new clothes and hairstyles.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2014
    AGREED

I wish EA would get back to finishing the old set collections, like Steampunk (still no bed/bath set) and Morocco (still no Build set, or bed/bath) and Castle (still no kitchen/bath/study set, or CAS set -- Tudor/Rococo doesn't count) and More Magic (still no Build set, bed/bath/study set, and we need traditional Wizard/Warlock CAS sets, too).

I love the venues, but the problem is that the pieces aren't sold individually, and I rarely ever want EVERYTHING in ANY set/venue.

And I wish they'd stop making Build-Buy-CAS combo sets; that's so daggone annoying. Especially since they never make the same amount of clothes for all ages/genders, or matching items for build/buy mode -- sofas with no matching living/dining chairs, doors with no matching arches/windows, non-recolorable fences/gates like we're stuck in stinkin TS2, curtains that don't fit anywhere but one window in like the whole daggone game -- that didn't come with a matching 1 tile or 2 tile variation, no rugs, no shower/tub combos, etc.... :roll: :x
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    My take is that the powers that be are doing this on purpose to transition us into how prices and items will be sold in the S4 store when it goes live.

I also have the feeling that there might be fewer stuff packs with S4, and that the focus will be Ep's with the on-line store becoming the primary source for all other additional content.

The younger generations and new players already used to buying everything through apps will take to that type of sales like a fish in water while us old school types either fall by the wayside and bail on the game or slowly adapt.

Note: I don't work for ea, but if I were a manager and needed to maintain a steady & growing income flow while trying to keep up with constant tech changes it is what I would do.

On an additional side note; where's my hollow deck and transporter beam already ;)

Personally, I hope they do away with SPs. I like the content, but I feel that it could've easily been added to an EP at some point. I would rather have no SPs and more EPs per year myself.

As far as venues, I love them. I liked the toy store, because it is a store. I didn't see the use in a venue with the new carnival set until I just now considered the tent stuff. I have the castle set, but I will never be able to build one and probably same with the tent set and the roller coaster set, so I do feel in this case a venue was needful. Some may be able to make the tents, but not sure if I can or many other simmers on here. However, in the future, unless there is a build like this or a petting farm, I don't think we need another venue with carnival stuff; just give us the stuff and let us add on to the venues we already have. That way there is a lower price or more stuff added instead of paying for man hours on a venue. So kind of, I am for and against them depending on content, but I would never sign a petition for less venues. :D
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally agree, this is something I've been thinking about too. I don't mind venues in themselves, but I'd really rather have more clothes or usable furniture than highly specific venues.

Maybe they'll come out with a venue I'd enjoy more, but I'm having trouble imagining what that could be. I would so rather have normal furniture and normal clothes that have far more uses within average homes and sims.

I'm just hoping there will be something else that knocks my socks off before store sets stop for good.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2014
    Get rid of Sets and Venues altogether!
    Sets always have too much YA/A female clothes.
    Venues individual items are on lockdown and no CYS when they finally do sell the PC content.
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've been wanting to properly respond to this for a while, and when I have time I expect I'll be able to put all my thoughts together and do so, but until then, I thought I should post: July's release will be a set. :D:D:D
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited June 2014
    Get rid of Sets and Venues altogether!
    Sets always have too much YA/A female clothes.
    Venues individual items are on lockdown and no CYS when they finally do sell the PC content.

I'm a little curious what you do want if you don't like venues or sets :lol:

I mean, there's a thread right now calling for selling individual items, but unfortunately the chances of them doing that at this stage are pretty slim :(

I do have to disagree with you though, because in my opinion no set can EVER have enough clothing ;) Then again, I spend so much of my time in CAS, and I do tend to play female sims more than male sims (though I would actually really appreciate more hair and clothing for males and sims of other ages, it's pretty depressing how little content there is for them even after all these EPs/SPs/store items).
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited June 2014
    pixiegamer wrote:
    I've been wanting to properly respond to this for a while, and when I have time I expect I'll be able to put all my thoughts together and do so, but until then, I thought I should post: July's release will be a set. :D:D:D

THANK GOODNESS!!!

With my emotions so nuts about Sims 4, I'm not sure I'd be able to take it if they'd decided to make a venue for the fourth month in a row- I think I'd just explode :lol::lol:

(Note to self: it's probably not healthy to care this much about a game!! :lol: )