Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time To hold EA accountable

Report them to the Better Business Bureao.

http://www.bbb.org/

1. If you can't play your game at all( Obvisously they didn't advertise a non-working product)

2. If You've emailed and called but get no help what so ever.

3. If you feel customer service was very uprofessional and/or rude.

4.If your game is always crashing, and no matter what you do the game just continues crashing your computer.

I could continue but I think you get the point. There are many reasons for someone to rightfully report EA to the BBB.

Bottom line is this, EA is denying there is an issue at all, It is getting blamed on the consumers computer. I think we are all smart enough to know that that is bologne. So if they refuse to do something about the issues, then it's time for us to let them know we aren't going to sit around and look at an expensive box.

Comments

• angrysimuserangrysimuser Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bumpity Bump Bump.

;)
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2009
    Whoa! I think that's a little extreme TS3 is a big game there are bound to be lots of bugs in it... As for reporting them read TS3's EULA you use the software at your own risk.
    raw
  • AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did your computer meet or exceed the specs otherwise you are SOL because the list the requirements right on the box...
  • HeadsNo2HeadsNo2 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm kind of in agreement here, this seems a little extreme... usually you report to the BBB about like... absolute and utter fraudulent behavior. I looked at the specs on the back of the box and compared them to my computer, my computer slightly exceeded the specs, and it plays for me just fine. I know some people have issues, but EA's come through in the past with patches and such. But if it's a computer issue there's not much they can do on their end... but if your computer meets the specs and you're having trouble, sorry... hope you get help soon, but I don't think this is the right way. :(
    edited June 2009
    AnaQ wrote:
    Did your computer meet or exceed the specs otherwise you are SOL because the list the requirements right on the box...

I have 3 computers, 2 desktops, and 1 laptop, two exceeded the requirments, one met them. All of them have issues with the game.

Took the game to play on my mother's brand new system, and it still crashed 24/7.

edited June 2009
    HeadsNo2 wrote:
    I'm kind of in agreement here, this seems a little extreme... usually you report to the BBB about like... absolute and utter fraudulent behavior. I looked at the specs on the back of the box and compared them to my computer, my computer slightly exceeded the specs, and it plays for me just fine. I know some people have issues, but EA's come through in the past with patches and such. But if it's a computer issue there's not much they can do on their end... but if your computer meets the specs and you're having trouble, sorry... hope you get help soon, but I don't think this is the right way. :(

You are a lucky simmer then! ;) Because alot of us are having major issues. Some can't even get past the startup screen.

I feel like this is not a beta version, this is the final product, there is NO reason for the game to run like this.

I paid for an advertised working product, everyone did, and that's what we expect.

• crimsonsunsets22crimsonsunsets22 Posts: 2,591 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's not a "non-working product." Clearly it's in use by many people, so it does work. If there were some kind of problem in the formatting of the game, it wouldn't work for anyone, but for the majority of purchasers, it works fine.

Of course there's an issue in it not working for some people, but are you absolutely sure it's NOT your computer? Have you tested it out on a better computer? All computers are not created equal, so there's definitely a chance it could be your computer. If just one thing doesn't meet the system requirements, it could throw everything off kilter. The game itself is exactly the same for everyone, so if it works for me and all those other people, then it DOES work, you just have to figure out why it's not working for you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009

1. If you can't play your game at all( Obvisously they didn't advertise a non-working product)

4.If your game is always crashing, and no matter what you do the game just continues crashing your computer.

I could continue but I think you get the point. There are many reasons for someone to rightfully report EA to the BBB.

Bottom line is this, EA is denying there is an issue at all, It is getting blamed on the consumers computer. I think we are all smart enough to know that that is bologne. So if they refuse to do something about the issues, then it's time for us to let them know we aren't going to sit around and look at an expensive box.

Unfortunately for you the BBB won't help you. Because every PC is different it is virtually impossible for a company to ship a product that will work "for sure" on everyone's computer. If the software in question was inherently flawed such that it did not work for anyone, maybe they'd help, but that's not the case in this issue.

Feel free to follow through on contacting the BBB, but they will laugh at you even if they pretend to be sympathetic. FAR more buggy, problematic games have been released in the past and in some instances there were even law suits...but ultimately, nothing came of them because if the government intervenes in cases that are not VERY extreme, no one will make any software anymore due to the points made in my first paragraph.

Sorry your having issues, but that's just the reality of it.

You may want to consider that you are using some software that conflicts if it is happening on every one of your computers, by the way. I have had the game since Tuesday and have yet to have even a single crash...and I played for like 8 hours straight at one point, so the game DOES work flawlessly for some people.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • scyiuleungscyiuleung Posts: 219 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game never crashed, even when i play for 9+ hours straight on a Mac, but there is no shadows and it lag a bit even my computer meet the spec
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:
    Whoa! I think that's a little extreme TS3 is a big game there are bound to be lots of bugs in it... As for reporting them read TS3's EULA you use the software at your own risk.

I'm not talking about the game hurting my computer...I'm talking about the game barely working for people(if working at all).

I may not be a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure you can't advertise a working product and then sell them something that doesn't run. I'm also pretty sure, that it isn't a professional practice to call EA consumers "liers" for all of the problems we are experiencing with the game. Yes, that is what an EA tech. called us earlier when I informed him about everyone else that was having issues. He said either they are lieng, or it's "their computer"
  • martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2009
    but EA's come through in the past with patches

That's not entirely accurate. It took six months to get the first patch for University. That patch was released just about the same time the next Expansion pack came out (Nightlife).

The patch for Mansions & Gardens has never been release. They were so sloppy with some of the items in the stuff packs that it became necessary to get patches elsewhere. The biggest problem was they would make the items and forget to put all the behavior interactions in with them, so certain items in the stuff packs wouldn't work. So know, EA has not been entirely aces when releasing patches and on more than one occasion had to pull a patch off of the web site and redo it because it broke as much as it fixed.

As for the original poster, you should direct your frustration elsewhere. I don't think the BBB will get involved although you could ask for a refund for a faulty product and if the place refuse to resolve the situation then they would try to resolve it. But you would have to ask for the refund first.

As for calling you a liar and others, you may check the laws in your state and record the call. It would be some juicy stuff to send to a site like The Consumerist.
  • heavenleestarheavenleestar Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2009
    My game runs great hasn't crashed once, installed just fine I am sorry if you are having issues, make sure that your computer is a good enough computer to run the sims 3 because from what I have heard from other people on here that is the NUMBER one problem.

Also I have contacted customer service for the sims store issue and they solved the problem in an orderly fashion. So have fun wasting your time reporting them they are in my opinion they are a great company and I have always been satisfied with their products, including the Sims 3.
  • Nu_Clear_DayNu_Clear_Day Posts: 469 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:
    Because every PC is different it is virtually impossible for a company to ship a product that will work "for sure" on everyone's computer. If the software in question was inherently flawed such that it did not work for anyone, maybe they'd help, but that's not the case in this issue.
    This.

It's more a problem with the PC industry and not having any sort of uniformity, than with any particular game company (and these threads pop up on every game forum - it's not particular to EA, this game, or any game released in the past few decades.)

It's sucks. I've been down that road. I swore off buying PC games for a number of years and only bought console games, because I was sick and tired of getting a game for my PC and not knowing if it was going to work. I happen to have gotten lucky with the Sims 3, as it runs just fine on mine. But at the same time, I'm still waiting to be able to play Puzzle Quest: Galactrix for more than 30 minutes at a go - and that game's been out for months now.

They test the final code out on as many PC builds as they can, but once they release the game it's inevitable that a number of people aren't going to be able to get it to work. And it can be because of any number of seemingly innocuous things. The Galactrix problem I'm running into, for example, seems to be isolated to the particular series of graphics card I have in my box.

Go to any official game forum right after release, and you see these exact same threads. It's nothing particular to EA at all.

On the other hand - I'm certainly not telling the OP not to contact the BBB. Hey, if turns out that EA actually is the one exception out of all these other companies, then I'll eat my words. :)
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:

Unfortunately for you the BBB won't help you. Because every PC is different it is virtually impossible for a company to ship a product that will work "for sure" on everyone's computer. If the software in question was inherently flawed such that it did not work for anyone, maybe they'd help, but that's not the case in this issue.

Feel free to follow through on contacting the BBB, but they will laugh at you even if they pretend to be sympathetic. FAR more buggy, problematic games have been released in the past and in some instances there were even law suits...but ultimately, nothing came of them because if the government intervenes in cases that are not VERY extreme, no one will make any software anymore due to the points made in my first paragraph.

You may want to consider that you are using some software that conflicts if it is happening on every one of your computers, by the way. I have had the game since Tuesday and have yet to have even a single crash...and I played for like 8 hours straight at one point, so the game DOES work flawlessly for some people.

There are some people(such as yourself) that aren't having any issues at all with the game, but a majority of us are. And for EA to say(or anyone else for that matter) that it must be the consumers fault is 🐸🐸🐸🐸

You can't sell someone a nonworking product, period.

I am sure that BBB will take my complaint more seriously then EA will, since they seem to think that there is no issues at all with their game.

• iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hrm... on the back of my sims theres minimum system requirements. so if you brought the game when your computer can't play it.. not the companies problem they can't be liable. Also if your at the bare minimum problems are still likely to be the result of your computer, not the game.

As for game buggyness that can actually be attributed to the game... anyone whose a gamer will know that a lot of games these days are shipped buggy. why? because patches can be released and downloaded with ease. There were problems with the sims 2, and later a patch had to be released. It's not awesome, but you got to allow for the massive complexity of games these days, and the fact that bugs might not come to light till your average player is playing (even after extensive beta testing).

What the creators may be liable for is if games aren't playing because of disc speed? Which wasn't advertised.

• PhantasyGurlPhantasyGurl Posts: 185 New Member
    edited June 2009
    eh...someone's cranky :-o
  • KristenLianeKristenLiane Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think this is a little harsh as well. Obviously the game is working fine for the majority of people. Of course nothing is ever perfect... but you have to consider that since we are all getting the same version of the game, and for most of us the game is running fine, then the bad variable in your situation is probably your computer system...
  • nategiz95nategiz95 Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:

I'm not talking about the game hurting my computer...I'm talking about the game barely working for people(if working at all).

I may not be a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure you can't advertise a working product and then sell them something that doesn't run. I'm also pretty sure, that it isn't a professional practice to call EA consumers "liers" for all of the problems we are experiencing with the game. Yes, that is what an EA tech. called us earlier when I informed him about everyone else that was having issues. He said either they are lieng, or it's "their computer"
    The majority of those who bought the game, are playing it.
    What is your video card?
    Cause that's the most likely case if you have the recommened Processor and GHz and RAM.

1. This IS a working product, it is your computer, no matter how much you deny it.
    2. EA should know the problems with the game by now and by all the ******* threads people make about "oh this doesn't work so the game now offically sucks even though I just bought it less than a week ago.!"
  • Darkside360Darkside360 Posts: 250 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:

There are some people(such as yourself) that aren't having any issues at all with the game, but a majority of us are. And for EA to say(or anyone else for that matter) that it must be the consumers fault is 🐸🐸🐸🐸

I am sure that BBB will take my complaint more seriously then EA will, since they seem to think that there is no issues at all with their game.

Majority of people? I'd like to know where your getting your statistics. Game works fine, sad thing is many people are not good with computers and think anything Best Buy, Dell, or Mac tells them will run it, will believe it.

BBB will just laugh at you, honestly your wasting your time.
  • OjinOjin Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AnaQ wrote:

I have 3 computers, 2 desktops, and 1 laptop, two exceeded the requirments, one met them. All of them have issues with the game.

Took the game to play on my mother's brand new system, and it still crashed 24/7.

If the game really is crashing or not running on all four systems, then first and foremost you might want to check your drivers, ensure your OS is updated to the suggested version and the usual expected business of making sure your computers software as well as hardware is up to date.

I had some crashing issues, as well as graphics problems with the mirrors, but since updating my graphics drivers I've had next to no trouble at all.

If that doesn't seem to fix the problem, you might want to see if you could get a replacement disk from the store you bought it from?

Unfortunately, as people have said, since so many people are able to run the game, the fault doesn't appear to lie in EA's coding but in some other factor... which tends to mean something to do with hardware configuration, unfortunately.
  • KristenLianeKristenLiane Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    iFidget makes a great point too - because patches can be released with such ease and efficiency, it makes more sense to release a game and then have the masses report on all the bugs and then fix them immediately. I think EA has provided great customer service in terms of getting numerious patches out to us with relative speed.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009

You are making the mistake of assuming, just because people with problems are loud, that they are the majority. This is very rarely the truth no matter how it may look in forums. It's that people who are upset are very, very loud, and those who are not are very, very quiet.

And the ONLY thing the BBB may do for you is get the retail outlet where you purchased the game to let you return it, assuming you even have tried that. But that's not EA you would be complaining about, unless you bought the game directly from them. So try to return the game, if they won't take it back, then call the BBB. Anything else I guarantee you they will NOT help you with.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:
    Because every PC is different it is virtually impossible for a company to ship a product that will work "for sure" on everyone's computer. If the software in question was inherently flawed such that it did not work for anyone, maybe they'd help, but that's not the case in this issue.
    This.

It's more a problem with the PC industry and not having any sort of uniformity, than with any particular game company (and these threads pop up on every game forum - it's not particular to EA, this game, or any game released in the past few decades.)

It's sucks. I've been down that road. I swore off buying PC games for a number of years and only bought console games, because I was sick and tired of getting a game for my PC and not knowing if it was going to work. I happen to have gotten lucky with the Sims 3, as it runs just fine on mine. But at the same time, I'm still waiting to be able to play Puzzle Quest: Galactrix for more than 30 minutes at a go - and that game's been out for months now.

They test the final code out on as many PC builds as they can, but once they release the game it's inevitable that a number of people aren't going to be able to get it to work. And it can be because of any number of seemingly innocuous things. The Galactrix problem I'm running into, for example, seems to be isolated to the particular series of graphics card I have in my box.

Go to any official game forum right after release, and you see these exact same threads. It's nothing particular to EA at all.

On the other hand - I'm certainly not telling the OP not to contact the BBB. Hey, if turns out that EA actually is the one exception out of all these other companies, then I'll eat my words. :)

So are you saying that other companies have released a game that was so buggy and messed up that some people( even people that exceeded the requirments) couldn't even play the game? Because that is the situation here, for alot of people.

It would be different if it were only a few people complaining about minor things, but when you can't even play a minute of the game you paid 50+ dollars for then there is a MAJOR problem.

• nategiz95nategiz95 Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:
    This.

So are you saying that other companies have released a game that was so buggy and messed up that some people( even people that exceeded the requirments) couldn't even play the game? Because that is the situation here, for alot of people.

It would be different if it were only a few people complaining about minor things, but when you can't even play a minute of the game you paid 50+ dollars for then there is a MAJOR problem.
    Please, let us know where in the bloody **** are you getting your statistics from?
  • StormbringerGTStormbringerGT Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    As frustrating as it is to buy a new game and not be able to play it. You're not alone. Or the first.

This has happened to a number of PC games, this not even being the messiest one.

There is little you can do but fume. I know its frustrating, but signing a petition and getting like 200 names on it, is nothing and reporting them won't work, because other games have had legal action taken against them, and as far as I know, nothings worked so far.

*INSERT AD-HD, EPILEPSY INDUCING GIF HERE*