Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    One thing I find weird and funny though - Bella can say "Good-bye Mortimer, I'm going Downtown by myself for a bit", and then who do you think is one of the first sims to walk by her Downtown? And he acts like he doesn't even know her!! LOL

Lol! So true. When I took Tasha out by herself, she left her roommates back home. When she got to Downtown, guess who was there eating at one of the restaurants? Yes, Valerie and Gina. And they weren't even sitting together in a booth---they were eating with...strangers! :lol: I've always had a suspicion the game does that so Sims can "check up" on each other, just in case your Sim left their mate at home and went off to rendezvous with a lover Downtown. ;)

I do hope you'll be able to share a pic or two from Sims 2, soon, if you can manage it. If not, we'd still like to hear what crazy things your Sims get up to! :)
    edited June 2014
    @mcrudd: Oh, I didn't realize Sims could buy different pajamas when they are shopping Downtown! Cool. I thought it was only for everyday or active wear. I will have to try that next time I take my Sims there. Thanks for the tip. :)
  • RacherzRacherz Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Loving all the pics :mrgreen: They look fantastic! I forgot how difficult the 1st sims was. Difficult to keep happy and I forgot they work everyday haha. Nothing new on mine, the genie set my bed on fire! Waiting to get into the loft to see if I still have all my EP.

I do have one question, my sim is in the computer hacking job (I think) she's got promoted a few times, but now she just doesn't get a promotion. I've met all the requirements, skills and got the right amount of friends she needs. Any clues on whats going on?
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    ...I do have one question, my sim is in the computer hacking job (I think) she's got promoted a few times, but now she just doesn't get a promotion. I've met all the requirements, skills and got the right amount of friends she needs. Any clues on whats going on?

Hi Racherz! You also need to make sure that the combination of mood meter and needs bars are filled and are in the green, right as the Sim leaves for work. The mood is very important for promotions---any small out-of-place thing can lower the mood, especially as the Sim is approaching the carpool vehicle, such as old newspapers on the sidewalk, dead or wilting flower beds, cockroaches swarming around the lot, etc. Sims usually won't get a promotion if their mood has dropped by seeing these annoyances when they are leaving for work. ;) (I originally learned this tip from the Sims 1 Prima Guide.)

Another thing I have found helpful to trigger that promotion: For example, if the friend requirement is two friends, then get three. If the skill requirement is three points, get four. Try to go above and beyond what is required, but never to the detriment of your Sim's mood or needs. Tricky to balance everything, I know, but it has worked for me. :)
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    I forgot how difficult the 1st sims was. Difficult to keep happy and I forgot they work everyday haha...

You can let your Sims have the occasional day off without any affect on their job performance (just skip the carpool when it comes). Just don't take two days off in a row or your Sim will lose his job.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    @mcrudd: Oh, I didn't realize Sims could buy different pajamas when they are shopping Downtown! Cool. I thought it was only for everyday or active wear. I will have to try that next time I take my Sims there. Thanks for the tip. :)

I think they can buy clothes for almost every catagory. You can also download cc clothes and give them lots more to choose from. Superstar, swimsuits, outerwear etc. Maybe I'm confusing sims 1 with sims 2 though. Sometimes it's hard to remember exactly which, or if sims 1 had "outerwear" , maybe not.

But anyhow I know there was superstar- wear , whatever it was called. But I also remember certain superstar cc caused some glitch.

Some of the EA superstar outfits were pretty outrageous, oh yes, very avant garde darling.
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    Loving all the pics :mrgreen: They look fantastic! I forgot how difficult the 1st sims was. Difficult to keep happy and I forgot they work everyday haha. Nothing new on mine, the genie set my bed on fire! Waiting to get into the loft to see if I still have all my EP.

I do have one question, my sim is in the computer hacking job (I think) she's got promoted a few times, but now she just doesn't get a promotion. I've met all the requirements, skills and got the right amount of friends she needs. Any clues on whats going on?

I used to LOVE the Genie, would rub the lamp and get "wishes" every day. I don't think he ever set the bed on fire though! I'd like to see a pic of That! :lol:

As for promotions, the sims 1 was quite "challenging" in some ways. It seemed almost impossible to make enough friends, or get a girlfriend, at least for Michael Bachelor.

I know in one of the EP's they made it easier to make friends.

Edit: @PamHamlet, yep, that's true, any little thing to bring the environment down, like a newspaper on the ground, or bugs, or dirty dishes, would probably keep them from a promotion.
    edited June 2014
    Thank you! I totally forgot your mood also plays a role in promotions. Silly me. I know you can skip odd days haha I've already taken my fair share of those!

So far the genie has been ok, just some flooding and cockroaches. But set my bed on fire, too far! Haha I'll post a pic soon
    edited June 2014
    Goodkind_6_0003-Copy_zps9ee33160.jpg
    The genies work

Goodkind_6_0004-Copy_zpse3133ea1.jpg
    Even the Fireman got caught up in it

Goth_5_0012_zpsff2c6794.jpg

Excuse Mort in the bath haha :wink: But how do you get rid of this clown!!!
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    ...As for promotions, the sims 1 was quite "challenging" in some ways. It seemed almost impossible to make enough friends, or get a girlfriend, at least for Michael Bachelor.

Heh heh. At my Ballentine household where the 3 new ladies live, I've noticed Michael Bachelor strolling by their house a lot! He was even at Magic Town the first time I took the girls there. Maybe he's looking for some action? :lol:

@Racherz: A pyrotechnic genie! :lol:

To get rid of the Tragic Clown, delete the sad clown portrait from your lot. Then bring up the mood of your sad Sim by doing fun, happy things. Then ask the clown to leave the lot. If you ask him while your Sim is still sad, he'll just stick around longer.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my goodness, that is one mighty big fire. Guess you had to buy a new bed, that one was probably ashes :shock:
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, I dont ever remember getting a clown. Although I'd say ots been a good 8-9 years since I played.

Oh it was, new bed. Then to top it off he gave me 3 red bills to pay
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    Goodkind_6_0003-Copy_zps9ee33160.jpg
    The genies work

Goodkind_6_0004-Copy_zpse3133ea1.jpg
    Even the Fireman got caught up in it

Goth_5_0012_zpsff2c6794.jpg

Excuse Mort in the bath haha :wink: But how do you get rid of this clown!!!

WowZ! The only thing that ever burned in my houses is the kitchen or outside bar b que. A smoke alarm is a must! Gotta love the genie though.

As for the clown, he's there for a reason, because your sims are sad. He is programmed to show up at the Newbie household I'm sure. He's annoying, especially when he keeps waking them up. But his purpose is to cheer them up. When they reach a certain happiness level he disappears.

He is pretty dang annoying though!
    edited June 2014
    I'm playing Sims 2 and finally got to send my sim Giorgio to "Too Cool Pool". Got a slew of pics:

Arriving,

zv791.jpg

I always somehow get the barista counter facing the wrong way:

30igj74.jpg

The bartender NPC is sporting a Takami hairstyle I downloaded in Strawberry blond:

25txqo7.jpg

At least I got the cash register counter facing the right way in the little clothing store. They sell mountain souveniors and clothing. Giorgio can only afford to buy one outfit because I'm forcing myself to use No Cheats! He's the working poor! I LOVE the little white speakers that play sims 1 shopping music!!!

jpenif.jpg

edited June 2014
    A little Axe Throwing raises his Fun:

2rp7j46.jpg

Just a nice view of the pool:

2prclkl.jpg

I've always hated the unsavory charlatan character:

2zhkvbk.jpg

All glitter and butterflies this wonderfully good white witch shows up on her white broom:

6zlhdx.jpg
    edited June 2014
    The white Witches name is "Sunny":

keb69k.jpg

Gotta love those yellow shoes:

25jy25l.jpg

The beautiful white cat is her familiar. Gotta admit , pets always know how to make themselves comfortable:

v7zksi.jpg

But then look who shows up:

1zvg0pg.jpg
    edited June 2014
    The most evil black witch heads off into the night sky:

2usag76.jpg

But apparently nor before making at least a couple of sims zombies , or burn victims, I'm not even sure how this came about?

33ttmqw.jpg

Giorgio meets both Witches, ironically he gets into a heated argument with the White one:

w1sqx1.jpg

Thunder, Lightening, and Rain, it's lovely at night but time to go home:

282dyl3.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Mine are terrible, even with cooking sills they BOTH set the kitchen on fire 5 times in a row!

Luckily I always put in a smoke alarm, not in the bedroom though. I love the genie but when he's wrong he's wrong.

The clown is annoying, I couldn't be bothered so I left the Goths and made my own family. Made houses and such for the pre-made sims.

Loving your sims 2 pictures by the way :D
    edited June 2014
    Awesome pics Zorba :) Sorry I have not been around, been very busy helping a fellow simmer with a project. Can't wait to see your pics everyone :D
  • hannahpracticehannahpractice Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2014
    this thread is just amaaaaazing! :mrgreen: i just bootcamped my macbook yesterday, so i'm gonna dig out my copy of the sims complete collection and install it this weekend, can't wait haha ^__^
    edited June 2014
    Just installed Makin' Magic. Got it for 25p! So excited to play it properly. Had a quick go but totally forgotten how this EP works. Pics to follow
    edited June 2014
    @Zorba: Love the good witch/evil witch! I remember my computer freezing up everytime they visited a lot. It would take forever to start going again, and I just had to wait it out. :P Your pool lot is so pretty and inviting.

@hannahpractice: Yay! More Sims 1 and/or 2 involvement on this thread. Looking forward to your pictures! :D

@Racherz: Good deal! Heh...the hardest thing for me playing Sims 1 again, was not having 360-degree camera movement. It's so frustrating during building or when you want to get just the right angle to take a pic. Good luck with the magic stuff! Be sure to post pics. :)

@mcrudd: I noticed on your page how busy you've been! :) I love the likeness you did of Bob and Betty Newbie to Sims 1 characters. In Sims 3, the premades in Riverview didn't even look the same at all. Never felt right to me. Yours look way better!
    edited June 2014
    LOL Hannah its addictive hey, we just gotta play sims 1 if we travel down memory lane heehehe

Just shout if you need any advice with the making magic Racherz, I wrote down most of what I did while playing

LOL Yeah Pamhamlet, I was helping out a friend by making the sims 1 sims for her sims 3 neighbourhood that will be based on the sims 1 unleashed neighbour hood, another simmer is making the remaining 5 families. I battled a bit with some of the clothes since I was only allowed to use expansion packs, no stuff packs or store content. Glad you liked them. I can post some pics of them here if you would like to see how they look ingame ;)
    edited June 2014
    Here they are :mrgreen:

xiDPh7N.jpg

p32120h.jpg

ez7AlVv.jpg

SteDe46.jpg

bYaqti4.jpg

Bm6z9it.jpg

They are not 100 percent exact due to the fact that no cc, store content or stuff packs were allowed. So I had to make to with only Expansion packs.
    edited June 2014
    I've decided to make a single sim, it seems so much easier to get the hang of again now with just the one.

Your sims look cool :)