The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Care To Speculate a Picture?

In the leaked video of the dev's beta there is a huge mansion and behind it is a large concrete slab. I'm wondering what that is for? How is it to be used? A tennis court? Or a helicopter pad? I wish I could post a picture but I'm sure someone else may have noticed it. It is the only house that has a huge concrete slab (seen from the front of the house) behind it.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited June 2014
    that orange/gold house that looks like the Kardashians home?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Scroll down to the video named on Honeywell's site 'Sample Neighborhood' it's the picture of the mansion there on the first frame of the video. (Fourth video down)

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/tagged/video
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2014

This has been bugging me too :lol: Some people have suggested it might be a patio, but I love the sound of tennis court or helicopter pad even more!

Here's some pics of the slab in question:
    10273293_736958663034767_737456894099312458_o.jpg

1907333_736958903034743_893422369991994120_n.jpg
    11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    This sounds overly hopeful but that looks like where the pool goes when they're ready to show them. Like they had to take it out for the video because they weren't ready.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to say patio.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    beastcam1 wrote:
    This has been bugging me too :lol: Some people have suggested it might be a patio, but I love the sound of tennis court or helicopter pad even more!

Here's some pics of the slab in question:
    10273293_736958663034767_737456894099312458_o.jpg

1907333_736958903034743_893422369991994120_n.jpg

Thank you! Yes, this house!
  • Options
    bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2014
    Didn't they say a few months ago that there was basketball in the base game (I don't know for sure)? Could it be a basketball court? :)
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks like a patio. Who knows maybe it will play a key feature on pools? You place a concrete patio down which allows you to place a pool and they just haven't shown pools yet as a means to surprise the fans who want them so badly. Just an idea.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014
    It looks to me like a patio but it could be where they've wanted to put in a pool, as the patio looks bare to me.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Would you build a patio to the side of the house without any type of fencing or anything? I wouldn't that is why I think that spot is reserved for 'something'. I notice it's not a long as I thought since it has a bush (to the left) where I would have thought it extends, but probably doesn't.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited June 2014
    A non-finished pool? xD
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2014
    SimsTias wrote:
    A non-finished pool? xD
    It could be. It looks in color and texture to be like a blueprint to me. There is no furniture, no net, no basketball hoop; nothing on it at all.

So I edited it a little bit and tried to make the slab itself a little easier to see. It feels more and more like a blueprint or a placeholder to me.

10369231_736967536367213_291920060716094703_n.jpg

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited June 2014
    beastcam1 wrote:
    SimsTias wrote:
    A non-finished pool? xD
    It could be. It looks in color and texture to be like a blueprint to me. There is no furniture, no net, no basketball hoop; nothing on it at all.

So I edited it a little bit and tried to make the slab itself a little easier to see. It feels more and more like a blueprint or a placeholder to me.

10369231_736967536367213_291920060716094703_n.jpg
    It's interesting indeed.
    Let's hope we'll see more soon, either before E3 or at E3.
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I know what that is now. I saw a screenshot from the videos they've posted in trailers and it's the patio where a wedding event was taking place. It just doesn't have the fencing around it, the arch, chairs, and flowers placed on it yet. The picture is on the first page of the forum under "screenshots". I noticed the house was the same house with the wedding taking place.

Forum title is "Screenshots of Leaked Videos"- thought I would come back and edit that in so you know what I was referring to.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Vampiricdreams31,
    I sort of figured that out after I watched Zerbu's slow motion videos a while ago. Bummer. Two things, I wonder if the 'wedding' stuff is added automatically like when if you choose 'host a wedding' or something? Or if we place everything we want at the wedding.

Also, I hope I can build a house like that in new game with the new easy tools. I love those type houses but never quite get things all lined up (per tile/square) equally on both sides etc. :lol: I have to tear down and count tiles etc. to make both sides look like they are equally spaced between the rounded sides etc.

This house reminds me of the big white house in TS2. Does anyone remember that house? On the inside when you walked in the door it had two stair cases, like back to back, one going one way the other going the other way..I loved that house, I used it as a upscale romantic restaurant for my Sims where they could use the bedrooms (before hotels were created in an EP) for their very romantic dates. :lol:
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well I see lines that make up a pattern on that concrete slab, or what ever you want to call it. So I'm going to say that it could be either a tennis court, which would be cool, or a patio. :D
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    C08_zpsd42f2b23.png

This makes me think that things will disappear in neighborhood view. :(

But if you want to speculate about pools, what do you think of this one?

Pool_zps28cf03f3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Mstybi95- the picture about the pool/fountain. I would say it's a fountain, just from the look of it it's concrete barrier, plus it looks like water shooting out of the lighted fixture. My speculation about pools is that we'll get above ground pools in the base game or perhaps in a stuff pack. Their not going to show us everything before the E3 conference, and perhaps they'll showcase above ground pools. And above-ground pools would be a new feature that's never been done in the game. But that's just a wild assumption of what I'd love to see in the upcoming E3 conference.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    C08_zpsd42f2b23.png

This makes me think that things will disappear in neighborhood view. :(

But if you want to speculate about pools, what do you think of this one?

Pool_zps28cf03f3.png

That's odd, if things on lots disappear in neighborhood view wouldn't that mean it's not an open world like TS3? Things disappear (most of the time) in TS2's closed hoods' neighborhood view, too. Sometimes if you zoom in you can see a few things like cars parked, or a really outstanding something or other on a lot.

I think the water to the right in the second picture might be some sort of water pool which Sims might climb in, I don't know. Maybe they can get wet in the huge fountains? ETA: He has on what seem like trunks and no shirt, that's interesting.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    It could be for the rocket.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    That's odd, if things on lots disappear in neighborhood view wouldn't that mean it's not an open world like TS3? Things disappear (most of the time) in TS2's closed hoods' neighborhood view, too. Sometimes if you zoom in you can see a few things like cars parked, or a really outstanding something or other on a lot.

I think the water to the right in the second picture might be some sort of water pool which Sims might climb in, I don't know. Maybe they can get wet in the huge fountains? ETA: He has on what seem like trunks and no shirt, that's interesting.

Almost everything disappears in neighborhood view in TS3, too. Those lovely roof pieces we just got in the store...yeah, they disappear so my house looks like it has no roof. :hunf:

I said in another post that the guy in the yellow shorts is easy to overlook while you pay attention to the 2 playing instruments. I do think he is wearing trunks and I think this may be a neighborhood pool. That's just my speculation, but that concrete to the left goes below ground level. Perhaps they are introducing pool stairs instead of just ladders. The pool is slightly above ground. There could be some pool related mystery going on.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 373 Member
    edited June 2014
    It looks like where they had the wedding. Looks like the seating area and the piano was on the porch. This may be some type of event center like for weddings and parties.
  • Options
    mariecookiemariecookie Posts: 138
    edited June 2014
    I was thinking that maybe it's something to put the rocket ship on. Like a rocket ship parking lot... I don't know.

Edit: Now that I read the whole post, I agree. It must be the wedding thing.