Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    PamHamlet, that tomato is COOL! I've never seen it before.

I've posted, but can't see my post Yet, though I see my name on the main page as last posting in the thread. I notice this is happening lately. Delayed post reply.

Edit: 'k, now I see my replies.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesome pics Pamhamlet, love your big shiny tomato, and very clever to delete the bunnies before they can destroy your crops, I never thought of that, will do it when I play sims 1 again :)

Hi Zorba we have been having problems with the first post on a new page not showing right away LOL, it does show eventually, we usually double post hehehe
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesome.

If I feel up to it, I may put my sims2 on my laptop. Then I could share some pictures! :)
    :) Smile!

edited June 2014
    Puddinroy wrote:
    Awesome.

If I feel up to it, I may put my sims2 on my laptop. Then I could share some pictures! :)

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see the pics :wink:
  • BinkyTrauthierBinkyTrauthier Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have Sims 2 and nightlife, but I haven't installed them yet because I just got a new laptop. I feel like installing them soon and having a go :D. The Sims 2 music is so nostalgic.
    edited June 2014
    2lb12cl.jpg

2chnayc.jpg

6thels.jpg

vilg0p.jpg

This is the new pool / community lot I've been building in Sims 2. It has a log cabin / old west theme for my neighborhood of the same theme. I know the pictures here don't really do it justice. It's been fun and relaxing to build. The little building has bathrooms on the bottom level, and a clothing store on the top level.

The lot has axe throwing, swings, hot tubs, tents, lounge chairs, bar b que and tables, stereo for dancing, and of course, swimming.

Oh and I named it "Too Cool Pool".
  • RacherzRacherz Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope this doesn't sound stupid. :?: I have some Sims 1 pics to share. Nothing too interesting.

I have a photo sharing account. Now, how do I hope them on here? Do I click Img insert the link and then press Img again? I can't seem to work it out :x

I've never really had anything to do with this side of the game until last month, its all still new to me
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2014
    On photobucket, they have links! Click the img link and copy, then come back to the thread. Paste it here and hit sumbit!
    :) Smile!

edited June 2014
    For anyone who's interested I always use "tinypic". It's Free, don't even have to sign up, pretty easy and no fuss. And the pictures seem to stay up.

BTW, yesterday I went through this whole thread again, really enjoyed all the pics!!!
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if these will show up. Again, nothing interesting. Im in attempts to try and finds my EP before I go and rebuy them

So I started with the Goths, Bella can't cook

Goth_5_0002_zps8142fcf9.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=24

It got worse, luckily the fireman came just in time!
    Goth_5_0003_zps92a0ec1f.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=26]

Next we try potions
    Goth_5_0007_zpse5950311.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14

We got burgled, Bella took Forever to get up and call the police!!
    Goth_5_0009_zps6cec4887.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11

Goth_5_0011_zps659634d6.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6

Then there were ghosts. Why is it their daughter??
    Goth_5_0008_zps4c9d7514.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=7
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    Goth_5_0002_zps8142fcf9.jpg.html?filters[user]=140449454&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=24

Hi Racherz if you are using photobucket then I suggest you copy the direct link then you come here and use the image tags, so you would click the Img button once then copy the direct link to your picture and then click the Img button again to close the tags.
    edited June 2014
    This is what you would do :)

Go to your photobucket library or album or wherever you uploaded your pics. Then click on the pic you would like to share, I will pic the one I circled.

WwkLxUt.png

Once your pic is open on the next page, look to the right for the box that I circled its the direct link one, and click on the white box. It will highlight yellow and have the word copied, you can click a second time just in case lol

QXVNrS7.png

Now in the forums in the window where you compose click on the Img button once

iO10Txe.png

Now just paste the code that is copied earlier

QlufzID.png

Click the Img button again so it closes off your link

pTUl6Nd.png

And that is it :) That is how you share a picture from photobucket, can't wait to see your pics
    edited June 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Racherz wrote:

Hi Racherz if you are using photobucket then I suggest you copy the direct link then you come here and use the image tags, so you would click the Img button once then copy the direct link to your picture and then click the Img button again to close the tags.

I did, it doesn't seem to like me :!:
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:

I did, it doesn't seem to like me :!:

I gave you step by step instructions now, if you follow those and it still happens then perhaps your album is not public and its protecting you from showing the pics to us.
    edited June 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    I don't know if these will show up. Again, nothing interesting. Im in attempts to try and finds my EP before I go and rebuy them

So I started with the Goths, Bella can't cook

Goth_5_0002_zps8142fcf9.jpg

It got worse, luckily the fireman came just in time!
    Goth_5_0003_zps92a0ec1f.jpg

Next we try potions
    Goth_5_0007_zpse5950311.jpg

We got burgled, Bella took Forever to get up and call the police!!
    Goth_5_0009_zps6cec4887.jpg

Goth_5_0011_zps659634d6.jpg

Then there were ghosts. Why is it their daughter??
    Goth_5_0008_zps4c9d7514.jpg

I fixed it for you :mrgreen: You copied the wrong link, just follow my instructions I gave you and it will work perfectly
    edited June 2014
    Zorba I just love your community pools, they look so fun :)

Racherz here is the instructions again on this page for you :mrgreen:

Go to your photobucket library or album or wherever you uploaded your pics. Then click on the pic you would like to share, I will pic the one I circled.

WwkLxUt.png

Once your pic is open on the next page, look to the right for the box that I circled its the direct link one, and click on the white box. It will highlight yellow and have the word copied, you can click a second time just in case lol

QXVNrS7.png

iO10Txe.png

QlufzID.png

pTUl6Nd.png

And that is it :) That is how you share a picture from photobucket, can't wait to see your pics
    edited June 2014
    :mrgreen: Thank you mcrudd!

I copied the web link from the top haha. Thank you for posting that
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Zorba I just love your community pools, they look so fun :)

Racherz here is the instructions again on this page for you :mrgreen:

WwkLxUt.png

QXVNrS7.png

iO10Txe.png

QlufzID.png

pTUl6Nd.png

I do it excatlly the same way, but I use Picasa instead of photobucket since I can easily just upload them to that and just grab what photo I want and post here without having to log in again since it's tied to my MAIN gmail account (I have two gmail accounts, one is my main one which is blansive35@gmail.com [for Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc..], the other[gemmie12blansive@gmail.com] is the one I use for Game sites such as this one because for some odd reason, origin won't accept my main one so i had to create this one just for this puropse)

Apologies for the long post. :XD:
    anyway, back on topic: I'd really enjoyed playing the sims 1 since 2005 when I got the complete collection. ahhh the memories
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pic spam coming. :mrgreen:

The latest episode with the Grunt boys:

Well, Ripp is the best cook of the household. He found this great big cookbook that has all kinds of cake and nectar recipes in it. :) He decided to make his own ingredients, so while he churned butter, he enlisted the help of his brother, Tank to gather honey. (Tank is brave!)
    Grunt_14_0049_zps4b61481a.jpg

After they went to bed that night, what should appear, but a sneaky Claire the Bear to steal the honey! Grrrrrr!
    Grunt_14_0051_zps041dd0c2.jpg

However, the bees got their revenge!!! :twisted:
    Grunt_14_0056_zpsb8314a0b.jpg

Hey, lookie here! A circus mobile! Tank got promoted and now he gets to carpool to work in this fine conveyance! :D:lol:
    Grunt_14_0064_zps1728f00d.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I will be going back to the Grunts later, but I had to make a few ladies in town to catch the attention of those Grunt bachelors and perhaps fall in love with them. (I want to try out the Hot Date interactions.)

Here is the Ballentine household I made consisting of 3 suitably matched gals for the 3 Grunt guys.
    Left to right: Valerie (for Ripp); Tasha (for Tank); and Gina (for Buck)
    Ballentine_15_0000_zps734e30f9.jpg

Here is the house I built them...right next door to the Grunts (although you can't see any neighbor houses in lot view).
    Ballentine_15_0001_zpsc05176ec.jpg

I decided not to get the girls jobs yet, so they took off to Magic Town to play. Only I forgot to change them out of their pj's first...heh heh!

Here, Valerie makes a wish in the wishing well---which did absolutely nothing, not that I could tell, anyway.
    Ballentine_15_0013_zps5d75a2ad.jpg

Tasha plays miniature golf:
    Ballentine_15_0016_zpsd54ea591.jpg

Meanwhile, Gina has a wild and ghostly ride on the coaster. This ride has many scary (but cute) creatures that pop up, like ghosts, bats, green ghouls, and ravens. There's a rickety bridge, deep plunges into a crypt, a pass through a guillotine and even electric shock towers! Gina loved it! But when Tasha rode it later, she shuddered and bit her nails in fear. :)
    Ballentine_15_0043_zpsf09da0ec.jpg

The girls watch "Hope" a townie, perform the water trick:
    Ballentine_15_0078_zpsc4bdd0e5.jpg

Ballentine_15_0079_zps8b20e950.jpg

And they grab some Gumbo. I don't remember it being a green drink that they sip through straws, though. Yuck! ;)
    Ballentine_15_0074_zps59bf9f00.jpg
    edited June 2014
    All right. These girls need to meet their mates, so I started off with Tasha.

The next morning I sent Tasha off by herself to Downtown (the dating scene places). It costs $50 to go! While there, she tried on and bought a new bikini, had ice cream, and bought a box of chocolates (just in case). ;)

She rode the mechanical bull:
    Ballentine_15_0097_zps2d0286b9.jpg

Danced the hula with a lei around her neck:
    Ballentine_15_0112_zps98a97b2f.jpg

Saw "Miss" (not Mrs.) Crumplebottom at the slot machines, who loves to gamble!
    Ballentine_15_0114_zps05a77937.jpg

And finally Tank showed up on the lot, so she was able to meet him. They played trains together! Yay! Now they can go on dates Downtown.
    Ballentine_15_0113_zpsdab10972.jpg

It's so different from Sims 3, where you can just go visit someone at their own house. In Sims 1, the only way to meet your neighbors is if you see them in town or if they happen to walk by your house. Okay, that's all for now. Hope everyone enjoyed! :D
    edited June 2014
    @Zorba: Love the name of your new lot, "Too Cool Pool." Very clever! It sounds like a very fun place! :)
    edited June 2014
    Love all your pics Pamhamlet :mrgreen: The girls look nice I am sure the Grunts will aprove. Don't you just "love" those jammies lol, I usually hop downtown and buy nicer ones hehehehe
    edited June 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    @Zorba: Love the name of your new lot, "Too Cool Pool." Very clever! It sounds like a very fun place! :)

Thank-you :D It just popped into my head and I thought it was kind-a clever too!

I haven't had any time to play though yet. I was out of work for a few years IRL. And now that I'm working it seems like when I have a day off or some time I have a 2 page list of chores, cleaning, shopping, and things to do bombarding me :cry: :roll: . Gotta make sims time.

As for sims meeting their neighbors in sims 1 and 2, I guess it never bothered me they had to be "walk-by's" or meet them downtown or on community lot. I think it's FUN waiting or seeking to meet them, it isn't that difficult. The open world of sims 3 vs. closed of sims 1 and 2.

Anyhow PamHamlet, I've never visited that rickety looking rollercoaster in sims 1, probably I haven't gone to that particular magic town 'hood, I've gone to the more colorful one though, ridden that roller coaster.

Glad you like my lot mcrudd! It probably doen't look that impressive, but I think it will be fun to play! I always make a point of making my lots PLAYABLE even if they don't look beautiful and fancy.

I like your house for the 3 ladies PamHamlet!! Looks nice.

As for Photobucket, I have an account. But it's literally been years since I tried to post pics from it. Hopefully they have "improved" or simplified it since I tried. It seems a few years ago they had made it SO complicated! Too many bells and whistles.

I've found if pics won't post , generally , it's some little, little thing - for instance a space between 2 letters or characters that shouldn't be there, a misplaced or missing "[" or "]" or something like that, can be hard to figure it out. But once it's figured out , it's pretty easy.

edited June 2014
    One thing I find weird and funny though - Bella can say "Good-bye Mortimer, I'm going Downtown by myself for a bit", and then who do you think is one of the first sims to walk by her Downtown? And he acts like he doesn't even know her!! LOL