Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Obsession: What is yours?

I tell myself, "OK this is the game where I do not garden." Guess what happens? I end up gardening. I think it comes down too opening my Sim fridge and finding "Normal Quality" ingredients when I KNOW the ingredients can be better.

So since my old tower took a crap and I had to buy a new one, I am currently working on a project to give all my future Sims perfect quality ingredients.

Current Project---->gardentime.jpg

Anyone else have an obsession they cannot seem to stop doing in the game?

Comments

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if this is an obsession but pets. I always have to have them! Then again I'm very fond of animals in real life so that might be why. :D
  • DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if this is an obsession but pets. I always have to have them! Then again I'm very fond of animals in real life so that might be why. :D

I hear ya hun! That is another thing I do too, tell myself "No pets this game." Guess what happens? I see a cute stray kitten/puppy and end up taking them home..LOL!

Just wish pets had jobs like they had in Sims 2. Oh and there bars did not go down so darn fast. Ahhh well.
    edited June 2014
    I have only two games out of 6 that don't have any pets.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    I always have to have my sims have babies. I always say no babies this time, or only one or two. Next thing you know I have 16 babies lol. Yes I have mods lol.
  • DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    I always have to have my sims have babies. I always say no babies this time, or only one or two. Next thing you know I have 16 babies lol. Yes I have mods lol.

so what you are saying it ends up looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BNeX5hKR9o

:lol:
    edited June 2014
    Dezmeria wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:

Woah! :shock: :shock:
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess i always have to have my sims at least date each other, or have a family. I can never play with just one sim! :lol:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    My obsession in the sims 3 is roller coasters.

Screenshot-912.jpg

Screenshot-896.jpg

Screenshot-903.jpg

Screenshot-902.jpg

And did you know were getting a working carousel with music Thursday from the store?
    carousel.jpg
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    I always have my sims have affairs and drama. That sounds bad doesn't it? :?
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have a few of them - first is I make most of my Sims hackers 'cus you can really rake in the big bucks.
    Hank Goddard ( whatever his last name is ) is an obsession also. Most of the women I play in Sunset valley take him as a mate.
    I seem not to be able to leave the gardening alone either and must have some cherry trees.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited June 2014
    My obsession is building. I made these house boats a few days ago.

14123219039_089cf64d9f_c.jpg

It's been a few days since I've built anything, I'm proud of myself :P.

My obsession used to be sim making, but I don't do it as much as I used to. I don't upload to the exchange anymore (I upload to MTS), but seriously, my studio has hundreds of items, mostly sims.

I did however just make this sim. I edited it from a plain townie that just moved in. Can't have that :shock:. I like tweaking little things about sims, and slowly building them up to a person I didn't envision in my head :D.

14139968338_65df8182df_c.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014

I'm the opposite most of my sims are family oriented so they don't have affairs. Now sometimes I'll make the townies cheat on their spouses. I had Thornten Wolffe cheat on Morganda with Jamie Jolina. :P
  • ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited June 2014

I actually had this but I managed to grow out of it...mostly. :twisted:

Also I'm battling my addiction of making sims as well!

Rehab anyone? :lol:
  • FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Self employment :P They start in a rabbithole, but then I go "They have no time for other stuff!" so they quit.
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2014
    All my games, ever since I got Supernatural, has had at least one vampire die a horrible death. x)
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2014
    My obsession in the sims 3 is roller coasters.

Screenshot-903.jpg
    Is that Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith? Cool rollercoasters btw :)

My obsession? The Occult. Humans are just so boring!
  • HadesDragonessHadesDragoness Posts: 847 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gardening as well as writing/painting.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    My obsession is with playing town legacy challenges and town based legacies like Oak Leaf and Gibsons.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • XxIAmTheReaperxXXxIAmTheReaperxX Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2014
    My obsession in Sims 3 would have to be my current family.

When I first got the game I quickly threw together a Sim just to get to grips with the game, then that save got corrupted and I had to start over. So I made a new lady and I have put about 300 hours into her and her family and I just can't bring myself to play with anyone else. I just can't do it.

I don't know what I'm going to do when she dies, I'll be upset for weeks!!
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Counters. My house's kitchens always needs a lot of counters.
    And the bob cut hairstyle, that has been my obsession for too long, but it must be on a guy. I remember having a large family and everyone had exactly the same hairstyle, there was like twenty sims in that family.
    And Simbots. I have that hidden trait thing and I've created too many human simbots.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2014
    Making my first generation Sim a writer/artist. I just can't help it! :x
    14s9px.gif
  • BESSY1793BESSY1793 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't think it's an obsession, :? just a hobby or whatever... :roll:

I always start with a girl. Don't know Y I just do. :|

Then I always say "I will pay more attention to her son than I will to her daughter" (if she has any) and then I always end up with a girl. :hunf:

I don't know why, maybe I just forget it or :| ....well, I really don't know :|

Wow those smilies really fit to this text don't you think? :wink:
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dezmeria wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:

:shock: That is even too much for me lol, but something like that ha ha ha. Good one.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    My obsession seems to be taking screenshots. I swear I have a finger dedicated to the C button on my keyboard. :oops:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi :D

I do about all of the Above! :lol:

I love the gardens even when I say 'No Garden!' they'll end up with a few plants. :XD:

And if I see a cute stray my Sim must go and get it... even the horses. 8)

Then there's the Consignment Store. I have to check it out the first day and a couple times a week looking for something good and easy- like cheap books or gems or the WA items.

Then there's the Art work- I love to have the paintings and sculptures but not writing books... I don't know why. :XD

She'll usually have a love interest within the first week of testing a new world. I can't help it, especially if there's a cute new Sim. :mrgreen:

I guess I play the same way with my Sims... I do try and make her children different and play to their traits. Just not the Mean Spirited- don't like that one. :shock:

*Oh, and pause. I pause way too much. :mrgreen: