Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 error check log 1.6.7 *PLEASE REPLY*

Hey guys, I just installed Sims 3 for the first time and everytime I open up the Sims 3 launcher I get the "There was a error during startup. Please check the log for more details" error :( This seems to happen after updating 1.6.7 :?

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2014
    1) Have you tried rebooting your computer/laptop?

2) Has the game ever launched?

3) What does the Sims3LauncherLogFile.log file say?

4) Have you tried to start the game bypassing the launcher?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • ReeceF11ReeceF11 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited May 2014
    1) Yeah, didnt work :(

2) No

3) I cant find the launcher log anywhere?

4) Yes just tried opening TS3.exe and got this error "Unable to start game, service initialization failed"
    edited May 2014
    The log file would be in the Sims 3 game data folder under Documents. If you've never actually started a game then you may not have one.

The TS3W.exe is the actual executable file you should be using.

"Unable to start game, service initialization failed" errors usually mean the Windows Registry has damaged/corrupt entries. You could trying uninstalling the base game, cleaning the Windows Registry with a free program like CCleaner from piriform, then re-installing the game. I would not surf the net and let the game fully install then patch/update.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • ReeceF11ReeceF11 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Just did what you said, ran CCleaner still to no avail :( same error again. I do not have a log file so I cannot see what the problem may be :/
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2014
    Guess this is solved now, right ?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-error-check-log-1-6-7/m-p/2853766

(don't want anyone to waste their time on solved issues)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited May 2014
    crinrict wrote:
    Guess this is solved now, right ?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-error-check-log-1-6-7/m-p/2853766

(don't want anyone to waste their time on solved issues)
    Awesome! :thumbup: I couldn't get logged into Answer HQ last night to check there.