The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy the base game if pools were not included?

Comments

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yea I would but I think people need to take a chill pill gurus actually said that they didn't show everything in videos so calm down people.

It's not just going off that video though. There have been no picture of houses with pools, no comments on them, no sign of swimwear in CAS and now that video didn't show a pool feature on the UI.

Whilst I agree people might be jumping the gun a bit, and pools could be in the basegame. EA have form for letting their customers down, so I understand their worry.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would buy the game even if pools weren't included. You can't get everything you want and honestly? I don't give a flying duck about pools. If they're added later, that's awesome! But it isn't really high on my list of must haves.

I'd be happy to see more genetics, honestly. I'm a family/story teller and genealogist more than a pool lady
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lovcat wrote:
    I'd be happy to see more genetics, honestly. I'm a family/story teller and genealogist more than a pool lady

Why not offer better genetics and pools though? Surely it doesn't have to be a this or that scenario?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    lovcat wrote:

Why not offer better genetics and pools though? Surely it doesn't have to be a this or that scenario?

The question was would I buy?.. yes. I don't really have to speculate for everyone else as I don't care. Pools if they aren't in by now.. they won't be in. Sad to say. A lot goes into making 'em function.

After reading Graham's response to why it isn't super easy to add car door animations, as I had always suspected, I'm content with pools being added later cause if they were added now.. they'd be rushed and might not work well.

Edit :
    Conversation explaining the car doors here.
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4298969#post4298969
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'll still buy the game. Sims 3 never hit the spot for me and now I'm in dire need of a fresh dose of my unhealthy obsession xD I'd be happy enough if they came in a good and full expansion pack, but if they push it on simmers through the store, a certain substance will be hitting the fan.....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    but if they push it on simmers through the store, a certain substance will be hitting the fan.....

Now that made me giggle :mrgreen:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Hell yeah! Pools will be added eventually, I'm not going refuse to buy it like a child having a temper tantrum.

The game looks amazing, I'm buying it as soon as it's available!

I'm not sure people refusing to buy the game because of the lack of pools are like children having tantrums. More along the lines of showing their unhappiness that EA have shortchanged them by removing a feature we've had since TS1 basegame. :?

I think freaking out about the lack of anything is ridiculous at this point. We haven't been shown much of the game at all. Pools could still be there, I just wish people would just be PATIENT.

And if they're not included, is the lack of a pool really such a deal-breaker? Compared to the rest of the new features that have been added, I'd happily wait a little while longer for a pool to be added. Even if it means waiting until a Seasons EP.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you. If it wasn't cast, pools or basement's it'd be some other trivial aspect of the game.

I didn't see a computer. o_o Sims cannot use computers!
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Clearly, people would still buy TS4 even if it didn't actually ship with the game disk, just as long as the box still said "The Sims 4".

:mrgreen:

I'm sorry about that, but every topic about a possible lost feature (CAST, pools, open world) not only people are fine with it, but touting the many advantages and even commending EA on pricing.

I can imagine...

"No game disk? OMG! How much time I will save on installing! Also, no risk of scratching. Not to mention I'll have more time for other wonderful hobbies".

The only deal breaker I have for the sims 4 is if the game for the Mac isn't on a disc. I don't care if the box says sims 4, 5, 6 etc, when EA makes the sims series to only digital download, that's when I stop playing the latest installment. I would be disappointed if pools weren't in the base game, but I'd still buy the base game IF the game was on a disc and not strictly digital download.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited May 2014
    Uh...Yeah...gonna buy it defiantly Its a new shiny!

I hate* pools atm especially in summer...AI makes my Sims go to the pool all the time on leisure day even the dang plumbot! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes! I won't be able to drown them but as fireplaces are included I will be able to BURN them!!! :twisted: oh and I read they can die just by their emotions~ like the can die from embarrassment so I'm def def gonna try that one out too!

I'd just have to look forward to the pools but I think I will decide further upon this after the Gurus stop teasing us and tormenting is like we are in fact their Sims!!! :evil:

moo is famished and is blatantly waving her arms around pointing to her empty stomach waiting for pudding!!! But you locked moo in a room with no windows or doors... What is moo to do? :cry:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think moo needs to get their hands on that voodoo doll from the trailer ages ago, and have a bit of fun :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would still buy the base game if it doesn't have pools but i'd be sad about it. I hope people are just jumping the gun but I do see the evidence piling up for the lack of pools and how EA seems to like to let their customers down. I am still waiting for confirmation though, they haven't shown everything yet.

Pools isn't a deal breaker but lack of them would make me disappointed.

I still really want to see how genetics will works, TS3 genetics are a joke unlike TS2 where they actually made sense, the minimum specs, and if it's an open world or not (really hoping it is!).

Edit: Forgot to add if pools aren't included in the base game i'd really hope they would be included later along with other pool activities and such.
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    edited May 2014
    Only if you can swim in the numerous bodies of water that are sprinkled throughout the neighborhood. Base game with no swimming? Stupid.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 373 Member
    edited May 2014
    eh I hardly use pools and if the new features are good then I can deal.

I hope they have pools, cars, garages, babies, toddlers, hot tubs, Batman, Obama, and Katy Perry in base game so everyone can calm thy bosoms.

OH NO if Obama came with the game THAT alone would be the deal breaker! LOL

But I'm not hung up about pools, don't usually have them in house anyway. I want to know about game play and errors. If I had been patient with TS3 and found out just how filled with error it was I would have saved myself a lot of money.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't really care about pools. If i ever build one, my sims never stay in it for more than a few seconds and i've never gotten much enjoyment from them unless I'm killing someone. If they have them, great, if not, no big deal. My only real issue would be if they sold them separately in the store.

In sims 3, i liked that whenever a new build feature would come out, like the stilted foundations, they would update the game so everyone could have that feature. Maybe if they do pools later in a seasons expansion or something, they'll be patched in for everyone.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited May 2014
    I don't often use pools in my gardens but I would prefer to see them come back. But I could still buy the game if they removed them (but why would they? pools are there since TS1 base game)
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Eziwolf wrote:
    (but why would they? pools are there since TS1 base game)

Indeed, why would they? I hope they are included, but I can see why people think they might not be.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Eziwolf wrote:
    I don't often use pools in my gardens but I would prefer to see them come back. But I could still buy the game if they removed them (but why would they? pools are there since TS1 base game)

They could be, but we have no solid evidence if they're in or not other than speculation at this point. People really need to chill out, but they won't. Everything is sim life or death.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Yes! I won't be able to drown them but as fireplaces are included I will be able to BURN them!!! :twisted: oh and I read they can die just by their emotions~ like the can die from embarrassment so I'm def def gonna try that one out too!

Firstly LMAO at your general comment humour xD nice bit of darkness there! But but but! Where did you hear about death by emotion?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2014
    The only pool in my game is the neighborhood pool, which none of the sims I play ever visit. So, yeah, I'd still buy the game without pools. Not really that big of a deal to me at the moment. Would I pay extra, no, because I hardly ever use them anyway. Now if they came out with toddler wading pools...that's another story.

But honestly, anyone who plays The Sims Freeplay knows that there are some pretty cool pool features. And if you look closely, you will notice TS4 is kind of emulating Freeplay. I'm going to go a bit crazy and keep thinking what I'm thinking they might show off in the future. And if not...well, no big deal. But I'm usually right about these things.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes as I rarely ever us them, I won't be bothered by there absence. I do hope they make an appearance though.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:

Firstly LMAO at your general comment humour xD nice bit of darkness there! But but but! Where did you hear about death by emotion?

From Honeywells blog~

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/76479955134/emotions
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited May 2014
    Neither my sims ever visit the town's pool. Probably only the ones that have the "loves swimming" trait? I don't know, I never use it. :)
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Moo11x, thank you my dear! I can't believe I missed something to do with sims 4. It reminds me of that phrase when you're so embarrassed you want the ground to swallow you up. A good death animation I think that would be ;)