Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rook Islands - very loosely inspired by Far Cry 3

Hoping I can finish this, my CAW woes have begun. But I like to think the glass is half-full, so here's a few photos:

Screenshot-1773.jpg

Screenshot-1782.jpg

Screenshot-1783.jpg

Screenshot-1784.jpg

The world locale is somewhere between Thailand and Indonesia.

Comments

• FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited November 2013
    I can definitely see a bit of Far Cry in there :wink:

It's very nice so far, keep up the great work :mrgreen:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited November 2013

Thanks FuzzySlipers45, it is very loosely based on it. In my version, Jason (I think that was the lead character's name :oops:) and his friends come back and buy the islands and turn them into a tropical vacation spot and chase out most of the pirates :D

By the way, how are you doing on your world? Did the map work for you?
  • FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited November 2013
    *most* of the pirates eh? Sounds like there could be the potentially for some trouble :wink:

My world's... doing it's thing. I started playing around with the idea of turning it into a custom university, but I'm so bad with coding so I'm experimenting with others before I wreck it :lol:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2014

Well this world is certainly taking me a while...just don't have the time I used to have to work on it...

Here are a few more photos, I re-did the trees as I was using some that just didn't fit into the theme of it as well as I wanted.
    Still testing although it is essentially done. Just needing a diver that has a skill level of 10 to test the dive spots....anyone want to test?

a72e0fa3-1a68-4491-aa45-24cefca92310.jpg

Screenshot-1968.jpg

Screenshot-1970.jpg

Screenshot-1946.jpg

I've got 9 houseboats (I think???) and 5 more empty ports, 5 dive spots, all the Showtime Venues, all Rabbitholes except the Uni ones (do they work in non-Uni worlds?) and it is a big world!
    So far no uncharted islands, not sure if they are really necessary although fulfilling the one lifetime wish would be impossible without....

I'll take some shots of some of the lots and upload a few soon...

Once again, anyone want to test? Let me know and I'll upload to Mediafire.....