Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Victorian Worlds?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some classically Victorian worlds? You know, places modeled on London circa 1880s with cobble streets and such. Midnight Hollow does have some appeal in this regard (and I do own MH) but I'm looking for something more on the urban side of things. Like, maybe a remodeled Bridgeport or something.

Comments

• Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2014
    I wish! I am far from familiar with all user made CAW worlds, but have tried so many, most wonderful, and cannot think of a one in that era and style. A wonderful niche to fill for a creator I'd say. :)
  • Options
    ebonwings13ebonwings13 Posts: 254 Member
    edited May 2014
    If I had any skill at CAW, I'd give it a try myself. But, alas. ^_^
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have a german world that you might be interested in that shares many characteristics. Not finished, but I can share a few pics.

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited May 2014
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/249858.page

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/536574.page

Do either of these interest you? The top one is Grey Meadow, and the bottom one is Huntsborough. Huntsborough is still in its beta stage, though. Both are by Quailhogs.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I have a german world that you might be interested in that shares many characteristics. Not finished, but I can share a few pics.

Since when have you had a german world, and why have I not heard about it!?! I need this world...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ruthless KK makes Victorian builds and has a couple worlds like what you are seeking perhaps - I know one is Everything Island or something like that. Check her page and you may find her worlds - but everything she builds is in that grand style as does Quailhogs - He has 4 nice worlds in that style - besides the ones mentions their is Stoneshields and his Nowegian world.

Cotes D' Ambonnay by ReachSim and Sorcier X is a nice era world. here's the thread for this one: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/717032.page

Elle has a world called Moon Valley which is sort of a fantasy world of that same era.

There are lots of period worlds, you just have to search for them. Also all the ones I mentioned are by some good builders and all play wonderful.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2014
    WR, all the ones you mentioned are wonderful. As far as feeling transported to another time and place, Cotes d'Ambonnay is a masterpiece. Quailhog's worlds are very cohesive, with ambiance...I'd never suggest a thing to him, but he'd be very good and very dark in creating a sort of Jack-the-Ripper backround.

Personally, I'd like the costuming with the bustles and parasols and high tea (we could really use a tea set from the store). Seraphina Feye would be amazing at the colors, but she seems busy right now.

Al Medina is another favorite, Zach, what is your German World?
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2014

Here's one by JudySims:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/565740.page

Aptly named Victoria Isles. I know she is an awesome builder although I've not tried the world....
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not gonna create a thread, but here ya go:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Thank you nilxis for that wonderful cobblestone street pattern!
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well now I'm freaking out with excitement! I've been wanting to make a german house lately... If you need any help...
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    sharonxyz wrote:
    WR, all the ones you mentioned are wonderful. As far as feeling transported to another time and place, Cotes d'Ambonnay is a masterpiece. Quailhog's worlds are very cohesive, with ambiance...I'd never suggest a thing to him, but he'd be very good and very dark in creating a sort of Jack-the-Ripper backround.

Personally, I'd like the costuming with the bustles and parasols and high tea (we could really use a tea set from the store). Seraphina Feye would be amazing at the colors, but she seems busy right now.

Al Medina is another favorite, Zach, what is your German World?

You are too sweet ♥
  • Options
    PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    My Bowmont has a Victorian District I think it's worth checking out
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/729957.page
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier