Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGreece -Ancient Based/World! Take look and tell me! what you like-

2...Next

Comments

• percectpercect Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2014
    Okay there is an Upload issues to Exchange/to my studio. the reason why im having issues it keeps telling me that i uploaded the Beta (the world is not populated so I'm just saying its in BETA) so i'm trying to figure a way to upload it. (It was in my studio before when i accidentally upload it but then i deleted) but i'ma figure a way to get this figure out for you guys :)<3

xoxoxo
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi percect!

If you uploaded the world before, never mind the name you were using for it, you have to change the ID of the world as it is the only reference the server will take to recognize your world, changing the name.world file will do nothing but a mess if you don´t change the name in the global layer.

To change the ID follow this rutine, may be there are other ways to do it but this is very sure and always works

You have to download "S3pe" (it is free and you can google it). Of course this can only be made for private uses, you can not share other people´s edited worlds because that will be plaggiarism, and in the case of EA worlds you can be permabanned from the exchange, the store and the forums. As it is your own world this will not be relevant this time.

In CAW create a new empty world same size than the one you want to edit (if you don´t know the size of the world choose large/300), and save it with a temp name, let´s say temp.world. Close CAW.

Then you open it with S3pe and import all the ressources (ressources>import tab) from the editing world (import from package). Now to change the ID of the world you are editing, do as follows, delete de WPID file that you have imported and undelete the original one from the temp.world. (files are listed by name so you will find them one after the other at the bottom of the list), just undelete the WPID deleted, and delete the WPID imported rightcliking on them. Save and exit.

Open CAW and open temp.world, you will see that it is the world you were to edit, don´t make any changes, just in the global layer (where name, description and thumbnail are) choose a new name and save as newname.world (the same name in the global layer and in the file). Close it and close CAW.

Now open CAW again, open the newname.world and make any changes if you want/need to.

I shoul recommend to upload with fresh DC folders, I would say you know how but for if it is not so or for whoever may read this thread and don´t know it I will leave here my rutine to export and upload

To export and upload with fresh DC folders:

Start from the begining, let us say your world is name.world, uninstall your world from the launcher if you can see it at the installed items tab, delete from downloads, delete from exports, delete from desktop. Now you will only have your name.world files in CAW usertooldata folder. (Before you do this, be sure you have your name.world file and name folder and the backups folders, up to 5 backups, in your CAW usertooldata folder).

Open CAW and open your world, THE NAME IN THE GLOBAL LAYER MUST BE THE SAME OF THE name.world file (Worlds run in CAW and in EIG with a different name in the name.world file and in the global layer but they will not upload to exchange or run in Game and they will produce the "corrupted memory fatal error"). If it is not, choose a new name in the global layer (where description and image are) and save as the new name and close the world saving changes before going on, then open the newname.world open it in EIG and test if it runs ok, if it does close without saving and close CAW. (go to 1-)

If it does not, close EIG and close the world and try again with an older backup, till you find one that runs ok in EIG, then exit EIG (without saving) and save this backup as the current version of your world in CAW, overwrting the corrupted one, and close the world, once you have saved in CAW you can open again the world and redo the changes you may have lost save and close CAW.

Now

1- move the sims3 DCCache and DCBackup folders to your desktop (the game will replace with new ones)

2- Open CAW and export the world. this time it should export fine. Now it is the momento to upload it to the exchange before you replace the DC folders in your game.

3- Before installing the world in your game, move the DC (downloaded content, the CC and the Store Content) folders again to their correct place and if/when you are asked overwrite the merging files. THE OLD ONES OVER THE NEW ONES

4- Go to your sims3 exports folder and move/copy the name.world package to the sims 3 downloads folder, open the launcher and install the world from the downloads tab.

All this may look rather complicated, but it is not so, when you have the programs opened and you see the tabs and the tools in the screen.

Good luck and happy simming.

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • morakemorake Posts: 74 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh, sorry, thank you for the pictures again! I just can't see anything :roll: :oops: ...They look fantastic! Even without the lots, I'd play this world because the landscaping is just wonderful. I've just gotten into Greek mythology again, so I'm even more excited to see everything.
    edited May 2014
    SimGreece is in the Exchange!
    The world is in Beta mood *so its not populated! please let me know what you all think of the world. and if changes should be done!*

Its ready for testing! :) thanks for the wait guys!

simgreeceupload_zps668f8145.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Hi percect! congratulations for getting the beta stage of your world, I am eager to try it but I can´t find it in the exchange, would you please give us the link?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey, Percect. I checked your studio and it looks like SimGreece is no longer there. Let us know when we can download it.

I cannot access it either. :(
    edited May 2014
    omg i thought i did give a link sorry guys sure ill get ya guys a link :) One sec <3 sorry abt that!
    edited May 2014
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8233151

Theres the link guys :)<3 thanks for beta testing it :)<3
    edited May 2014
    Hi percect! the link is not working for me, don´t know why, I can see it linked but I cannot download or recommend it, I will try later again but it is weird
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited May 2014
    Another world I get to try out, I know what I'll be doing today. I think we have the stuff to make Greece Like Sims but I'll have to look. I have a story I created based on the God and Goddesses of Greece maybe this will let me put it into Sims 3. Thank you for another amazing world to test out.

I was looking around for some Greek Type Sims to test in your world and I found Zeus, Hera Etc all CC Free http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/696455.page if anyone is interested.

Also I found a Greece Type Lots - Mount Olympus http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/123valy2/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-tombs/title/mount-olympus/id/1055293/

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    Well!!! downloaded and rec.!!!

see you later
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited May 2014
    thanks guys for beta testing it! if anything wrong please show me and i'll fix it RIGHT AWAY! :)<3
    edited May 2014
    Another world I get to try out, I know what I'll be doing today. I think we have the stuff to make Greece Like Sims but I'll have to look. I have a story I created based on the God and Goddesses of Greece maybe this will let me put it into Sims 3. Thank you for another amazing world to test out.

I was looking around for some Greek Type Sims to test in your world and I found Zeus, Hera Etc all CC Free http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/696455.page if anyone is interested.

Also I found a Greece Type Lots - Mount Olympus http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/123valy2/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-tombs/title/mount-olympus/id/1055293/

I did actully look at the greece mnt lot. But i didn't like how they did it so i made my own one! you should check it out :)<3 its in the world
    edited May 2014
    Hey Persect! I love what you have so far. I don't know whether or not you're planning on working on this section of the world,

Screenshot-98_zps315f2b51.jpg

but please consider filling it in with paint and trees. I know it may not seem like much, but it's very offputting to see this while in gameplay. Other than that, I haven't played much, but this is a really fantastic world. I love the island paradise components that you've added to the world! :D
    edited May 2014
    Lol Niac1234, I just gotta say I love you. you made me laugh when you showed my hidden work! and i'm sorry that that is "offputting" to you. because truth of it all i only really focused on the area players would be more looking/focusing on playing. (and truth of it all Most major gaming company do this, where they only paint the areas players will play.) But just for you when the finish project for SimGreece is done (populated and such.) I will fully paint it like I was gonna do (If you can't tell i was doing that, but didn't get to it and i'm deeply sorry about that i should of made sure! but then again its in Beta, and your giving me feedback what i love! but like i said I will fully paint it :D!) ! :D other then the painting, i'm glad u like it! so far! but thanks again and keep the FEEDBACK COMMING

But spoiler alert:
    I'm actually making 2 worlds (well including Simgreece so 3) at a minute.
    1 world is gonna be Ancient Norse, and the other is Ancient Egypt! i'ma take you back in time again!!
    Back to the SimGreece populated i'ma also the people who beta test to make sims that
    they would like to be in the finish world.(to populate the world!) for SimGreece.
    also in the world, the buildings are actully named after the gods and goddess. (Some)
    edited May 2014
    Believe me, I know about hiding dirty secrets in worlds. But that's just it, I hide them. Game companies hide them too. This isn't really hiding, it's pretty blatantly staring you in the face. Distant terrain is meant to hide these edges as well, but I see you chose a medium sized world, so you have to make it an island. Quailhogs doesn't use distant terrain, and doesn't have his world (huntsborough) as a complete island either. It just ends. And it's o.k. It's tastefully done. you have to be looking for it in order to find it. I don't have to look for this.
    edited May 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Believe me, I know about hiding dirty secrets in worlds. But that's just it, I hide them. Game companies hide them too. This isn't really hiding, it's pretty blatantly staring you in the face. Distant terrain is meant to hide these edges as well, but I see you chose a medium sized world, so you have to make it an island. Quailhogs doesn't use distant terrain, and doesn't have his world (huntsborough) as a complete island either. It just ends. And it's o.k. It's tastefully done. you have to be looking for it in order to find it. I don't have to look for this.

You know what Niac your are right, 100% right they do hide it much better. and I've should of done that myself. But yet again I put camera rotation where you can't zoom in to it. You could only see if you can zoomed out. (can you do this for me, can you zoom in at that area that is not fully painted, because I can't.) But yet again SimGreece is in Beta testing. and i take all your feed back serious. as a future game art designer! and to show you after you showed me that i want straight to fixing that for you Niac! I really do thank you for your feed back! and hope you continue to test it and give me feed back, and to point out anything! thanks so much!
    (Heres the picture, as of 8:45AM on May 24th 2014 - the SimGreece is Fully painted!)For the finish product

painted_zps1a6d8bcf.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    Hi percect, I totally agree with Niac, I think you are on time to work over the edges of the world to give it the appearance of a real island, it will be very becoming for a greece world, you can have a look at the greek islands to find the right shape.

I have found some floating trees and tears on several lots, there are also some uneven lots that do not fit with the roads but that could have been made on purpose though they are all sunken from the road level and they should look better if you increase their level to be over the roads, it should look more natural.

As it is at a beta stage I suppose that you are going to set adresses for the lots as there is none, you don´t need to use the word street you can call them agora, walk, calzada, path...

I think it would be a good idea to finish furnishing at least the community lots and give a second look to facings and coverings on buildings because my test sim got the "unfinished budget" in almost every lot she visited.

Other than that the world is gorgeous, I love your terrain paint and you have made a great work with the rustic roads, over all witn paths and intersections, I have not found any routing issues so far though I´m planing to test it a little farther now that the game has thrown more sims to the world.

I will come back soon to tell you how things are going on
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited May 2014
    Thank you for your feed back! :D i will fix that ASAP! :D and thank you for giving me feedback and testing my world!!!<3 those issues shall be resolved later tonight! but thank you again for beta testing SimGreece! i'm happy other people realized these things because i wouldn't thank gawd for beta stage! xD but thanks again and keep me post on your adventure in SimGreece!! <3
    edited May 2014
    Just keeping everyone posted, I'm still fixing a lot of issues that people have showed me in SimGreece I'm been/going to fixing those issues. But at this minute my Computer won't let me play Sims Atm so i'll hopefully be fixing this issue REALLY soon! hopefully (I keep getting the error messsage "sims 3 as no longer working" but i'ma figure something out to fix it :) thanks guys for testing out my world and let like i said I'll be keeping u posted!

Thank you,
    Brooke aka Percect
    edited June 2014
    So changes want on in SimGreece! The world is totally getting new look to it! new texture painting! Some buildings are getting remade! I'ma show you the remakes and the new look to the world that will be in the updated version of SimGreece!

Screenshot-9_zps3617a71c.jpg
    The new Beach!

dgdaga_zpse5449b84.jpg
    No more mnt, well big one! but small one!

Screenshot-13_zps1fa40289.jpg
    New Hospital look

Screenshot-12_zpseee9ed63.jpg

New looks to the theater! also added the Film career to become an actor to this lot!

More updates to come to SimGreece!