Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2014
    :happy dances for the manor:

If it's under 1200sp, I'm going for it. But I can imagine it being one of those "blink and miss it" deals.
  • silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited May 2014
    Most likely sell out before I finish posting, yeah. Now I'm almost sorry I went ahead and grabbed the venue back during the initial discount.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited May 2014
    missy2311 wrote:
    wow I am shocked to see the manor coming up. I thought it would be the last thing we would see come up.
    ^ This. I don't think I have ever seen a venue or set be offered on the DD so soon after its release. :shock: :shock:
    Most likely sell out before I finish posting, yeah. Now I'm almost sorry I went ahead and grabbed the venue back during the initial discount.
    For those of us who bought the venue for 1700 sp, depending on the DD price, it may make us feel better to compare the difference in real dollars and not simpoints. If for example, the DD is 1200 sp, I spent about $3.75 more. (I bought one of the bigger bundles) $3.75 sounds way better than 500 simpoints.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad I didn't buy it right out of the gate, for once. Though I imagine, as someone else already said, it'll sell out PDQ.

In a way, it makes sense for EA to go ahead and get the DD Hawks to spend money now, with the advent of Sims 4 right around the corner. Then again, if that logic were true, we'd be seeing better deals on the rest of the rotation too. Though, the rotation is young still!
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just a note like most venues the now and then century manor is NOT CYS.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2014
    Those who have the manor, do you like it? is it worth buying? I'm not sure if I want it yet.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2014
    Now and then Manor...
    33475_kool_aid_macho_man.PNG
    qPSCOr.jpg
    edited May 2014
    22 ) Tight Tee / 23 / 75 / 69% / 1 hr

Next up -

23 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 1 hr
    24 ) Through the Spy Glass
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited May 2014
    To be honest, I don't really understand the hype over the The Now & Then Manor.

Like, it looks like many people want it because of the L-shaped stairs. Is there supposed to be something unique about it? (Personally, it just looks like one of the mansions you'd see in the town of Twinbrook)

Anyway, it looks like after the manor sale is done, it will be the Through the Spy Glass set that comes up. (Supposedly in an hour, but there's a chance the manor will sell out very quickly after the Tight Tee sale is done)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps I missed it, but can we no longer gift the DD to people for individual CAS items?

I want to gift the Tight Tee, but it doesn't have that option... :-(
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2014
    rednenemon wrote:

Like, it looks like many people want it because of the L-shaped stairs. Is there supposed to be something unique about it? (Personally, it just looks like one of the mansions you'd see in the town of Twinbrook)

Anyway, it looks like after the manor sale is done, it will be the Through the Spy Glass set that comes up. (Supposedly in an hour, but there's a chance the manor will sell out very quickly after the Tight Tee sale is done)

I actually like the look of it. The reason its interesting for me is the roofing parts that make it look Victorian. I love that look, its one of my favorite house styles. And the fact that it has some old haunted house parts too makes it good for those who want a ghost town XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited May 2014
    The Now & Then Century Manor on DD? *jaw hits floor*

@Niralyn - items on the DD cannot be gifted anymore.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
    edited May 2014
    Rednenemon - personally, I don't see myself using the pre-built manor itself (either version), but I still want the venue because I really like the broken and rundown items and would use them in other builds - the boarded windows, the busted doors and windows, the cobwebs, the dead hedge, etc. I like putting my sims in "unique" homes that are less than perfect (heck, I have a guy who lives in a sewer), so these pieces are right up my alley. I do also like the curved stairs, chandelier chain, and roof pieces for general building purposes.
  • ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2014
    rednenemon wrote:

For me it's just excitement of having new stuff on the list. The manor it's self doesn't interest me at all.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    The Now & Then Century Manor on DD? *jaw hits floor*

@Niralyn - items on the DD cannot be gifted anymore.

Well, bother! That seems completely asinine. That really does rather put me off. Argh. :x

But thank you for your response, Marvelissa. :wink:
  • planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm surprised that the The Now & Then Century Manor is on the DD because it's the newest thing in the store and I thought it would take a while before it went on the sale pages or the DD. I just hope they put the Boardwalk, Vamp Neckline Blouse, Vamp Skirt and the Kung Fu Pants up on DD. I also hope that they keep Mother Russia on DD but maybe with little higher percentage off like 50% or 55% or keep the set at 40% and put some items from Mother Russia on the DD because I thought I had bought enough items from the set during the 33% store wide sale to get it free or cheap at 40% off but I didn't.
    edited May 2014
    23 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 1330 / 1900 / 30% / 1 hr (sold out 55 min. early.)

Now -

24 ) Through the Spy Glass / 372 / 496 / 25% / 2 hrs

Next up -

25 ) Hewnsman Outdoor Set / 2 hrs
    26 ) Hydro Fission Aquarium

edit - for selling out slower than I'd expected.
  • infinitykinfinityk Posts: 15
    edited May 2014
    The Now & Then Century Manor sold out at with 0:54 remaining.
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited May 2014
    The Now & Then Century Manor sold out with 54 minutes left on the timer.
    Have a nice day!
    edited May 2014
    I had the spare points, but I didn't want to pay more that 1200sp for the manor. I can wait for a bigger sale. Congratulations to everyone who got it, though!

The Now & Then Century Manor sold out at 37 after, with 54 minutes left on the clock.

@Jodi, I'll clock out right after updating for the start of Through the Spy Glass.
  • mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited May 2014
    30% off the Now and Then Manor, I suppose isn't bad considering it's such a new item in the store, but it wasn't quite enough to tempt me yet.
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2014
    Now and Then Century Manor sold out with 55 minutes left.

Edit: I also didn't purchase it, even though it's one of the only things I don't have. I've heard there are problems with it (the roof parts can't be seen from neighborhood view, so the houses made with them look weird, and the windows don't act properly as windows, or something like that), and someone at MTS made a version of the roof parts (you don't need NATCM to use it) that actually works. That took out much of my interest in this venue.

I DO like the busted windows, but I have CC that looks similar, so once again, not that much excitement for it.
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    I had the spare points, but I didn't want to pay more that 1200sp for the manor. I can wait for a bigger sale. Congratulations to everyone who got it, though!

I passed on it too. I felt the same.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited May 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:

The Now & Then Century Manor sold out at 37 after, with 54 minutes left on the clock.

@Jodi, I'll clock out right after updating for the start of Through the Spy Glass.

it should have been 1300 from day 1
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Frye. I will only be able to update the spreadsheet a few times during the day. However, during this construction stage, as long as people keep posting the deals, it is not hard to catch up.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet