Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possibly no swimming pools...hmmm an idea springs to mind

As there seemed to be no swimwear section in the CAS trailer it got me thinking of an idea for an ep: a life of luxury ep. This would be focused on the lifestyle of the rich and famous.

It would include:

-swimming pools
-tennis courts
-golf (like in ts3)
-walk-in closets
-sports cars
-home cinemas
-designer clothes and furniture
-basement garages
-ability to own multiple lots (and maybe join them together to extend your lot.

The gameplay would be a little like showtime, offering careers that can make you rich such as acting, singing, modelling and maybe a few professional sports such as tennis, golf and motor racing!

(I know that not everything was shown in CAS so it is likely we will still get pools but it just got me thinking as to why swimsuits could be missing.)

I know I always like to have a few super rich sims to play and would like some more stuff for them. What do you want for your rich and famous sims?

Comments

• bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2014
    The games not even done, dont worry about what you didnt see until they start showing us things properly. that trailer was a big flop in my eyes.
  • AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited May 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:
    The games not even done, dont worry about what you didnt see until they start showing us things properly. that trailer was a big flop in my eyes.

I'm not at all worried. I know the game isn't finished. Simply people discussing the fact that swim is missing gave me an idea is all. I personally think that it will be added.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited May 2014
    I really don't think EA need any ideas for EP's and stuff packs, we'll have them coming out the wazoo, just like TS3 and TS2.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:

For a September release, the game must be pratically done.

UI shell design may and will change. Assets like clothes, hair and furniture will be added. And, mostly, tests and fixes will take place.

But make no mistake. If pools are not part of the game yet, there will not be. They might have not been shown for a number of reasons. But if they will be in the base game, they have been in game for a long time now.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    The fact that we had to wait so long for diving boards in Sims 3 leads me to believe it is highly likely that we will not have pools at all in Sims 4 base game. That would really disappoint me, but this is EA. Even hot tubs were not in Sims 3 base game, so if there's no pools in the new base game, and no hot tubs, then it would not surprise me one bit. I would be upset for sure though. Just because EA messed us around last time and made us wait for things that should've been in the game doesn't mean they can do that and even push it much farther this time :?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    You know there was a pool or water activities ep listed in a recent Sims 4 survey.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:

If the game is out of pre alpha then they are beyond the point where 'new features' can be added. Swimming would be a feature wouldn't it? So, if it has gone to Alpha or even beta testing it's too late to add swimming if not already in there. At some point they have to get everything together and make sure all modules work together right? And then hopefully, at least two months for beta testing (we hope) but I doubt that one. Maybe a month for it or two weeks or something.

But as some explained to me pre alpha is where you throw in everything you want to be in the game, then in alpha you start to test if all those things work together...(my simple version so I can understand it) and then moves on to beta testing. Which there are many steps inside all these stages, so I doubt they could add swimming this late if not already in there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    You know there was a pool or water activities ep listed in a recent Sims 4 survey.

This is what concerns me. Maybe TS4 is going to be a bigger cash cow than before because it left out the simple, everyday stuff like pools in the base game? I don't know, but sounds like they want to make more money on these staples by putting them in EPs or in a TS4 store.

I won't be shocked at all, but pretty upset if we have to 'buy' features like in most of all other EA games, to be able to do things like 'swim'..pay $30.00 to unlock pools and swimming. :roll:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2014
    If this ends up being true this concerns me. While no open world is definitely my deal breaking and it's extremely upsetting that there doesn't appear to be a CAST I also have to think about the fact I'll be paying more and possibly getting less, and if that's really something I want to do or not.

I guess it's good I've planned to wait until the base game goes on sale and not jump in immediately. It'll give me time to judge how much is in the game by the reviews....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited May 2014

Really? I hope to see the return of IP activities. It's my favourite EP in TS3.
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    The fact that we had to wait so long for diving boards in Sims 3 leads me to believe it is highly likely that we will not have pools at all in Sims 4 base game. That would really disappoint me, but this is EA. Even hot tubs were not in Sims 3 base game, so if there's no pools in the new base game, and no hot tubs, then it would not surprise me one bit. I would be upset for sure though. Just because EA messed us around last time and made us wait for things that should've been in the game doesn't mean they can do that and even push it much farther this time :?

At which point a game that's supposed to be next-gen will leave out so many basic features that the base gamne of the previous iteration had (not to mention everything else it had on EPs, SPs ans Store) that many people, myself include, you ask themselves, "why bother for a lesser version"?

I have played since TS1 and have never built a house without a pool. I won't pay US$ 70 to start now.
    edited May 2014

That survey was for EPs and Store content.

Pools were in a Store bundle.

They actually considered taking pools out of the base game and selling them separetely at the Store.
  • vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2014
    http://ujworldofficial.blogspot.com/2013/10/download-sims-4.html

I personally think pools will be in the game, it's just not a big selling point in EA's mindframe to mention it. I did see a photo on Google Images of a house on TS4 that had someone on a floating lounger. That's one reason I'm not putting myself down on the idea of swimming pools. Here's a picture I found of a home that showcases a swimming pool, but than again, it could be TS3 someone just posted as TS4? The odd thing is that it looks like a really stylish pond in the photo. It has vegetation around it, but it has the borders of a swimming pool. I don't work for EA/Maxis, and I don't know anyone who does, so I'm not confirming anything from what I saw.
  • cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited May 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    If this ends up being true this concerns me. While no open world is definitely my deal breaking and it's extremely upsetting that there doesn't appear to be a CAST I also have to think about the fact I'll be paying more and possibly getting less, and if that's really something I want to do or not.

I guess it's good I've planned to wait until the base game goes on sale and not jump in immediately. It'll give me time to judge how much is in the game by the reviews....

DITTO THAT! May I sit beside you in the waiting theater? I’ll buy the popcorn and you buy the drinks. No ice for me please. You get twice as much and ice just dilutes it anyway. Hm? Analogy? :roll:

WAIT! No open world? Where did I miss THAT? :oops:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    http://ujworldofficial.blogspot.com/2013/10/download-sims-4.html

I personally think pools will be in the game, it's just not a big selling point in EA's mindframe to mention it. I did see a photo on Google Images of a house on TS4 that had someone on a floating lounger. That's one reason I'm not putting myself down on the idea of swimming pools. Here's a picture I found of a home that showcases a swimming pool, but than again, it could be TS3 someone just posted as TS4? The odd thing is that it looks like a really stylish pond in the photo. It has vegetation around it, but it has the borders of a swimming pool. I don't work for EA/Maxis, and I don't know anyone who does, so I'm not confirming anything from what I saw.

I clicked that link just to look at the picture. It looks to be a Sims 3 house that they are passing off as one from 4. The lounger the girl is laying on is a recolored pool lounger from 3. That site is already offering The Sims 4 for download, saying it was released January 2014, which is not true ... most of the other picture are images from The Sims 3. I really hope no one tries to download that, because the only thing anyone will get is a nasty virus. It's such a shame that there are people in this world who would do this to people deliberately.

I will say this for the picture though ... whoever created that house is talented. Thanks for finding this! If anything it can serve as a warning to people not to believe everything they see online.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:

At which point a game that's supposed to be next-gen will leave out so many basic features that the base gamne of the previous iteration had (not to mention everything else it had on EPs, SPs ans Store) that many people, myself include, you ask themselves, "why bother for a lesser version"?

I have played since TS1 and have never built a house without a pool. I won't pay US$ 70 to start now.

I know what you mean! One of the things about Sims is that you can build a dream house with so much crazy stuff in it that you probably could never have in real life. How can you manage that without hot tubs and pools with diving boards??? Let's not forget cars that you actually climb in and out of :wink: And babies with legs... I'll shut up now :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

DITTO THAT! May I sit beside you in the waiting theater? I’ll buy the popcorn and you buy the drinks. No ice for me please. You get twice as much and ice just dilutes it anyway. Hm? Analogy? :roll:

What you should know about the open world is this:

It hasn't been confirmed yet , and since Ea hasn't mentioned it everyone is freaking out.
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great ideas.. But then again e3 might suprise us! :D
    edited May 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I know what you mean! One of the things about Sims is that you can build a dream house with so much crazy stuff in it that you probably could never have in real life. How can you manage that without hot tubs and pools with diving boards??? Let's not forget cars that you actually climb in and out of :wink: And babies with legs... I'll shut up now :roll:

My dream house HAS to have a pool. Or more. I can fathom it not having it and EA following through on the suggestions from the official survey and selling pools as DLC at the Store.
    edited May 2014
    I remember the sims 2 on console didn't have pools and I hated that.

Pools are one of my favorite features of the sims. The first thing I did when the base game TS3 came out was send my simself to the community lot pool.

I hope we don't have to wait for an ep to get them. If we get them I also want more pool interactions,pool waterfalls,pool slides,pool bars,fountains and diving boards.

I also hope that the floats from ts3 seasons are included in the base game.
    edited May 2014
    If they can sell pools from ts4 store then that store will work better then ts3 store. The ts3 store has limitations making things that arn't in the base game.

If ts4 store can make stuff that isn't in the base game and it works good without limitations it will be better. Hopefully the store team and the ep teams will work together in ts4. They had seperate locations in ts3.

Hopefully the Sims 4 Store will get the talented Simguru Copeland who is over the TS3 store now.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

What you should know about the open world is this:

It hasn't been confirmed yet , and since Ea hasn't mentioned it everyone is freaking out.

Right, I should have worded that better - if there is not an open world of some sort (I'd be okay with subhoods but not just a lot to lot and loading screens between)) then that is my deal breaker. It has not been confirmed what the world situation will be. Everything else I stand by what I said, I just wanted to clarify so there's no one thinking I saw referring to something said/rumored that I was really just not wording well.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.