Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aMAYzing Homemade Gift Exchange ~ GIFTING NOW OPEN ~ YAY!!!!! : )

Comments

• Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tanu,

I have one more minor gift to upload but when I custard check it it says there is a pattern that is an issue. I have no CC in my game and a few store patterns and a handful of CAP patterns I download from this site. I went through the build three times now and there is not one single CAP pattern of that handful I downloaded from this site plus I was careful not to use any of those when making this build.

Only way I can be sure is to replace everything (furniture, décor, flooring and walls) and redo the customization...which would take way too long.

I think I saw earlier in this thread that a single pattern would be ok especially since I am 100% positive it has to be a store content pattern.

Let me know if this is ok. While I stated it is a minor gift it is important none the less
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tanu,

I have one more minor gift to upload but when I custard check it it says there is a pattern that is an issue. I have no CC in my game and a few store patterns and a handful of CAP patterns I download from this site. I went through the build three times now and there is not one single CAP pattern of that handful I downloaded from this site plus I was careful not to use any of those when making this build.

Only way I can be sure is to replace everything (furniture, décor, flooring and walls) and redo the customization...which would take way too long.

I think I saw earlier in this thread that a single pattern would be ok especially since I am 100% positive it has to be a store content pattern.

Let me know if this is ok. While I stated it is a minor gift it is important none the less

Just a pattern should be fine yes. Sometimes that happens when you recolor especially a wall or floor for some reason. If you want to be 100% sure first you can email me the file and I'll take a look at it. I know you wouldn't use anything harmful in your builds. :D I'll be home tonight so if you want send it over.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tanu,

Sometimes if you use the tiki or hewnsman set items, it can show up that there is a pattern that you have used. Perhaps that pattern is the one that is showing up?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Tanu,

Sometimes if you use the tiki or hewnsman set items, it can show up that there is a pattern that you have used. Perhaps that pattern is the one that is showing up?

Thanks rosemow I'll take a look at what items are in those sets before going back in game. More than likely I did use something from one or both of those sets.

Tanu, I sent you an email with the file, I hope I sent it correctly
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tanu,

You could also remove the pattern via custard, then download the clean version and check to see what changed. :)

Also, all of these presents are amazing! I added quite a few to my favorites list for me to enjoy later. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure there is anyone but me left to send their first gift so my partner may have guessed who they are already but just in case they haven't, dear secret buddy....your first two gifts are getting ready for upload right now! I should be back with them in the next couple hours tops! I am still on the mend and my kiddo is having a whiny night so things are moving slowly but finally moving.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tanu,

You could also remove the pattern via custard, then download the clean version and check to see what changed. :)

Also, all of these presents are amazing! I added quite a few to my favorites list for me to enjoy later. :mrgreen:

MizoreYukii is removing the pattern as simple as unchecking the box or am I missing a step?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

MizoreYukii is removing the pattern as simple as unchecking the box or am I missing a step?
    It's that easy! :mrgreen: Uncheck the box of the pattern, hit "save," (there might be a save as, you can do that as well) drag the export file into Downloads, download it, load up the game, check it out. Hopefully you remember what everything looks like (or have pictures).
  • Options
    edited May 2014

It's that easy! :mrgreen: Uncheck the box of the pattern, hit "save," (there might be a save as, you can do that as well) drag the export file into Downloads, download it, load up the game, check it out. Hopefully you remember what everything looks like (or have pictures).

Wow thanks never knew this before. That just shows how often I end up with a problem...like never until now :lol:

Oh I do have picture but with how long I spent with this build I should notice it right away :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wow thanks never knew this before. That just shows how often I end up with a problem...like never until now :lol:

Oh I do have picture but with how long I spent with this build I should notice it right away :lol::lol:
    You're welcome! :D Good luck!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Scifi,

I got your email and sent back a clean copy with the pattern removed. My experience with doing it from custard is it doesn't always stick. Anyway the new file I sent you is free and all set. :D
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure there is anyone but me left to send their first gift so my partner may have guessed who they are already but just in case they haven't, dear secret buddy....your first two gifts are getting ready for upload right now! I should be back with them in the next couple hours tops! I am still on the mend and my kiddo is having a whiny night so things are moving slowly but finally moving.

There are seven who haven't seen a first gift, so your secret identity is still intact.

Thanks for posting and letting us know how you are. I'm glad to hear you are doing a bit better and send healing thoughts so this may continue to be so. Take care!
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm in the process of uploading my second gift for suepea :) It should be ready within 10 minutes or so!

Edit: Oh no! :shock: My game is broken! It crashes as soon as it starts loading and I have no idea why. I haven't changed anything in weeks!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2014
    While I figure out how to fix this error so I can export my gift, I've posted about it using pictures I took in preparation of uploading.

SUEPEA, you can find your latest gift post over on my CC thread!

gifts400.jpg
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2014
    To my aMAYzing buddy Dawnrob, your gift is here. I hope you like it :mrgreen:

I'm sorry it took so long. I'm so glad I was finally able to upload it. I originally posted it last night but then it disappeared from my studio and evertime I tried to open my launcher to reupload I got the exception raised message. After 3 hours of trying last night I was ready to through my computer out the window and I finally gave in, but for some reason my launcher works today, so I am happy now :D .
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh mcsnjb.....check it out! Your first gifts are up!

surpirsed-baby.gif

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/753025.page#12031492
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ra345 - Bloom is beautiful! Her story started off a sad one and hopefully will continue on a happier note.

missy2311 - Spring Breeze is lovely and well worth the wait! FABULOUS kitchen (Yes, I'm partial to them :lol: ) and I love the placement of the rockers in the bedroom, giving Sims a lovely view to enjoy while they relax. Gorgeous yard with a really unique gazebo/outdoor "room".

A.shleykaymay - I agree! When one thinks of a cat lady, Alli isn't what one imagines. She looks like she'll be fun to play. Her crew is simply purr-fect... all SIX of them! =^.^=
    El Parasio de Gato is a TERRIFIC bungalow! The colors are calm and relaxing (perfect for the whirlwind of furry fun!) and you provided plenty of things for the furbabies to enjoy, too.

(edit - this site doesn't like your name in bold lettering, never could figure out why)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Good Morning everyone!

Ra ~ Beautiful fairy!

Missy ~ Spring Breeze is a great house!

Ashley ~ Love Alli her kitties and her home!

A note to Tk ~ Gifting later than the gifting period is exactly why Addy and I have said ask for help if you need it all the way through this exchange.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    5 MORE PEOPLE LEFT TO POST THEIR FIRST GIFTS. 8)
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2014
    My last gift for fission63 is up!

Now I'm off to check out what goodness Ra has in store for me!

I love these Gift Exchanges!

Addy and Tanu, thanks so much for taking these on!

:mrgreen: <---- this is me, grinning from ear to ear!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    5 MORE PEOPLE LEFT TO POST THEIR FIRST GIFTS. 8)

*toss toss*
    Just tossing my two cents onto the table...

From reading each and every post on this thread, I know that several of these five have posted that they'll gift towards the end of the gifting period (for various reasons), one posted that their gift will be up over the weekend (unfortunately this time has passed without a gift or a newer post mentioning a further delay), and one hasn't ever mentioned when their gift will drop.

I know things crop up in real life and we have certainly witnessed our share together during this lovely event with participants going to the hospital, visiting the ER, dealing with various aches and pains that limit their computer time, and even a few last-minute computer-related issues. My heart goes out to each and every single one of you as you have admirably faced and dealt with all of this (and more!) with a calm determination, inner strength, and positive outlook.

However, having personally been in two gift exchanges where my gift was given well after the gifting period was over, I can certainly tell you that those still waiting are feeling multiple emotions each time they pop over to the thread and see the pretty, new things... well, if they are like me that is. I can remember being thrilled at each new gift because a number of them would make a temporary and perhaps not-so-temporary stop into my own game - I felt like I too was receiving gifts each time I grabbed a delightful new game goodie. Yet, I couldn't help feel a little bit sad and disappointed at not seeing my own name pop up with a "LOOK HERE!".

I know gifting is THROUGH Wednesday, May 21st and there is still time to get in your gifts before the "deadline" passes... but we, your organizers, want to be absolutely certain that each of these five are indeed getting a gift from YOU. That is why we have continually posted that if anyone has any issues crop up to please, please, please let us know as soon as possible in case replacements gifts need to be made.

Last exchange, there were seven. This time, we have already placed two into position.

[img]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131115195047/lego/images/f/f2/Badcop.jpg "width=150"[/img]
    I dislike playing bad cop (Yes, I know I do it really well!) but we would like to know that these gifts are
    1 - made and
    2 - will arrive shortly.

If any of you five are experiencing problems of any sort in that your gift will not be ready by WEDNESDAY at the latest, please email Tanu AND me to let us know so we can start putting together a little something for each and every one of the people who have been patiently waiting while you tinker, take pictures, and wrap your gift... possibly even troubleshoot a pesky problem.

We look forward to seeing your gift and we know your Buddy will too! Yet at the same time we want to be sure everyone gets something during this event.

Thank you for your cooperation.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ra, great fairy. Love her story!

Missy, Awesome work on that build. I'm so glad it finally uploaded for you. I love the coloring and landscaping!

Ashley, love the cat lady and you've made a purrrrfect home for them.

Suepea, love that family! And LOVE your cat!

Addie, love your mean cop!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    sue pea - Water's Edge made me go wow, but your re-model of The Shark Hut is truly something to see!! I shall have to get in game and take a good look at the "before" because then I know I'll admire and appreciate the "after" even more than I already do. (Shhh! Not mentioning that it is is already in my bin and waiting to be placed/enjoyed by a family of mine who have outgrown their current space). LOVE the colors used, the design and placement of furniture, and the decor accents that turned this house into a home.
    Your story is a gift all by itself! It really helped give us a feel for the family and what makes them tick while leaving many possibilities for the ending (and journey along the way!). I'm curious... which family member passed on the light colored locks to Zach?
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited May 2014
    thesims3boy (aka Harry),

I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to upload your 3rd gift yesterday so that means you get two presents today =) I'll set up your final gifts later this afternoon =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2014
    ADWilson wrote:
    sue pea - Water's Edge made me go wow, but your re-model of The Shark Hut is truly something to see!! I shall have to get in game and take a good look at the "before" because then I know I'll admire and appreciate the "after" even more than I already do. (Shhh! Not mentioning that it is is already in my bin and waiting to be placed/enjoyed by a family of mine who have outgrown their current space). LOVE the colors used, the design and placement of furniture, and the decor accents that turned this house into a home.
    Your story is a gift all by itself! It really helped give us a feel for the family and what makes them tick while leaving many possibilities for the ending (and journey along the way!). I'm curious... which family member passed on the light colored locks to Zach?

Hi Addy!

I am so glad you like the Ryans and their story and new home. Like I told fission when I created them, the family and the story took on a life of their own. As for Zach's hair -- when I created David and Juliet I was thinking they would be a fusion family coming from many different backgrounds. In my mind, Juliet was a mix of Latino, American Indian and German while David has Asian and French ancestry. The game found the light hair somewhere in the mix because I hit "play with genetics" for both of them and really didn't change anything but their hairstyles.

Big hugs from me!

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]