Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Shower Idea for The Sims 4

I've seen some forums about a baby shower but I would like to express my opinion as well.

Baby Shower Idea for Expansion Pack Maybe???
First things first...the expectant mom should first go to the doctor to confirm her pregnancy and then have at least one more visit to the doctor to confirm the pregnancy is going well and if the pregnancy isn't going so well, the doctor gives the expectant mom some advice to have a healthy pregnancy.

◆Baby Registery- Expectant mom should be able to pick out some items for the nursery to add to her baby registery and have a list of friends and family members that she can send the registery to.

◆Baby Shower- expectant mom invites friends and family over to welcome the new addition, or have someone else throw the babyshower instead. Then when the guest arrives (make sure who the registery list was sent to is invited to baby shower), depending on the relationship the expectant mom has with her guests depends on if she receives the registery gifts. At the baby shower they can play games.

Maybe even the option to ask expectant mom :
◆ How far along is your pregnancy?
◆How is the pregnancy going?
Maybe even have a close friend or family member suggest a name for the baby?

This is such a grand idea for expectant moms!

Comments

• SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have been begging for baby showers forever now ... we can only dream that they have listened and will be incorporated into 4. I don't even need them in the base game, but adding it into a family themed expansion would be wonderful. So glad someone else wants this as much as I do.
  • TWINS_93TWINS_93 Posts: 5
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hopefully they will surprise us if not the base game a family themed expansion like you said.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited May 2014
    Those are really good ideas. I would love a baby shower option, were friends can give the expecting parents gifts like baby items and maybe there could be some game options and a cake.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2014
    That would be awesome to have a baby shower. Like you said sims give gifts.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited May 2014
    Thanks you guys, cross your fingers!
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    That is such a cute idea!

and maybe at the party the mom can announce whether it is a boy or girl?
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited May 2014
    I freaking love this idea. I always throw house parties and pretend they're baby showers. But to have the real thing in ts4 would be way better.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    edited May 2014
    That's a good idea to announce the gender at the baby shower...instead of waiting until you have the baby...at least your prepared.
  • KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope that we get baby showers somewhere down the line too. What I picture is that each guest comes to the party, and when you cut the cake (or do some sort of special interaction) each guest will walk up to you and give you some random baby item. The higher the relationship, the pricier the gift. (You can worry about recolouring the items later) :-)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well here is a interview that Grant had where to person doing the interview asked about having baby showers and he is what Grant said.

http://www.simified.com/2013/09/22/sims-4-simifieds-qa-simgurugrant/
    Simified: Can we have baby showers and other parties?
    Grant: With The Sims 4 there will be this great new goal based events system that will allow for various types of events. Can’t say if baby showers are included with this, but your Sim could setup parties such as a “Singles Event” which would gather all single Sims in the neighborhood. Careers will also use this new events system too, so if your Sim is a Chef for example, Chef’s will have special event dinners to attend where that helps relationship with their boss as well as job performance.