Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❄ ~THE ARENDELLE SET PETITON~ ❄ (Picture Heavy!) (10 Sigs!)

DISCLAIMER:

And before we begin, yes, I know Disney and EA have never ever partnered up for a video game and that Disney is super protective of their intellectual properties but I would like to stress:

INSPIRED BY THE FILM. NOT DIRECTLY LIFTED FROM THE FILM.

Besides, this family from Dragon Valley is based on Princess Merida and her family from Brave! 100% EA created :)

Yes! Like half the Internet I really enjoyed Frozen, and I'm currently attempting to recreate the characters in my game.
Since the movie's really popular, I would be surprised if EA never tried to capitalize on by making an entire set -CAS and furniture assets - based on the characters' wardrobe and the Kingdom of Arendelle (or even just Scandinavian culture).

Sure, there's Aurora Skies but that's a purely modern day Nordic town. Ideally an Arendelle set would be half historic, half current with a dash of Disney in it :-) And as always, if you want in:

Please sign your post!

FEEL FREE TO POST IMAGES OF THINGS YOU WANT!

WANNA SHOW YOUR SUPPORT? COPY THESE CODES IN YOUR SIGNATURE (PLEASE REMOVE SPACES IN FIRST IMG AND URL TAG):

[u r l=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/752958.page#12030028][I M G]http://i57.tinypic.com/1patzc.png[/IMG][/url]

[u r l=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/752958.page#12030028][I M G]http://i59.tinypic.com/256br89.png[/IMG][/url]

And voila! They should all appear and link to this page! :D (And yes, they're in number order)

1patzc.png

256br89.png

THE LIST:

1. Nyosim
2. kateoverend
3. HarperJane
4. SimpLyAngeLic
5. scotlandroad
6. sunman502
7. leniece
8. 60smusicluvr
9. Tremayne4260

10. IMeep
11. murfeel
12. Krisha880
13. JodiRebby

MY FROZEN CREATIONS ARE HERE!
900woh.png

Comments

• Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    Nyosim I love Frozen, what a great film :) Elsa and Anna look spot on! :D Well done you!! :thumbup:

j9q5pz.png
    nye5qs.png
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2014
    Let's start with the Snow Queen herself . . .

Costume_15.jpg

Rosemaling_09.jpg

Elsa_09.jpg

138c0538151715d262d65bcbf7942798b67ebcc2.jpg
    900woh.png
  • Options
    HarperJaneHarperJane Posts: 59 Member
    edited May 2014
    OoOoOoOoOooh pretty! Sign me up, please. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nyosim I love Frozen, what a great film :) Elsa and Anna look spot on! :D Well done you!! :thumbup:

Ahhhh thank you! Elsa took forever, she kept crashing on me. :cry: I had to save her one outfit at a time, it was the worst! Anna, thankfully, was crash . . . less (hey look at me, inventing new words). I actually had more fun making her, as much as I love Elsa she has far too many blues in her wardrobe. Anna at least has a nice variety of purples, pinks, greens, yellows, etc.
    900woh.png
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited May 2014
    Frozen is owned/made by Disney.... it's very unlikely that EA is going to develop franchised/copyright content for the Sims 3.
    Sorry :(
    There might be CC creators who have made Frozen content? :)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    Consider this my signature. I LOVED Frozen. Elsa's dress -sigh-
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Frozen is owned/made by Disney.... it's very unlikely that EA is going to develop franchised/copyright content for the Sims 3.
    Since the movie's really popular, I would be surprised if EA never tried to capitalize on by making an entire set . . . based on the characters' wardrobe . . . (or even just Scandinavian culture).

Hi Stella, here's just a quick claification :-) I mean, copyright and franchises hasn't stopped EA from making references/parodies of other intellectual properties, including Disney's own -- like the family from Dragon Valley based on Merida and her family from Brave -- or The Claaaawww toy machine from Supernatural (based on a Toy Story joke). There's no guarantee this set will ever be made, but it's nice to dream :)
    900woh.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2014
    Did not know there was a family in Dragon Valley based on the Brave family...been a while since I've played there. I might have to take a look and play that family for a bit till the girl gets older, then move her out to another town. :-)

I agree that you could have a set inspired by Frozen, without actually mentioning it, with the clothing and furnishings perhaps. Haven't seen the entire movie so can't really figure out how it would work -- but much of it would also work with the Mother Russia set especially if anyone's used it to create a Russian themed world, or maybe a Russian mansion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Did not know there was a family in Dragon Valley based on the Brave family...been a while since I've played there. I might have to take a look and play that family for a bit till the girl gets older, then move her out to another town. :-)

It's this family :)
    I agree that you could have a set inspired by Frozen, without actually mentioning it, with the clothing and furnishings perhaps. Haven't seen the entire movie so can't really figure out how it would work -- but much of it would also work with the Mother Russia set especially if anyone's used it to create a Russian themed world, or maybe a Russian mansion.

I'm kind of 50/50 with the Mother Russia set -- some of the CAS is is amazing, but I'm not that great of a builder so the build stuff would go to waste with me (maaaaybe the fence could work in Arendelle), and the other half of the CAS stuff I find kinda . . . meh. Frozen is set in the Scandinavian region anyway, specifically Norway, and Russia isn't one of those countries (despite all the snow hehe).

I will say this, though:

*deep breath*

EA IF YOU MAKE THIS SET THERE'D BETTER BE A MALE VERSION OF THIS:
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

FOR KRISTOFF:

s5fq5j.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    900woh.png
  • Options
    scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2014
    Signed!
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well while you're waiting for EA to get around to making a Frozen set, there's content already out there to help you live out you Frozen aspirations :wink:
    The exchange has a couple lots based on Frozen; Elsa's Frozen Ice Castle by JadeAntionette is one of them.
    I just did a search of Sims 3 CC for Frozen.
    There's already some CAS available, this dress looks very nice.
    1.jpg"width=450"
    You can get it here
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Signed!

Thanks for the sign!
    Well while you're waiting for EA to get around to making a Frozen set, there's content already out there to help you live out you Frozen aspirations :wink:
    The exchange has a couple lots based on Frozen; Elsa's Frozen Ice Castle by JadeAntionette is one of them.
    I just did a search of Sims 3 CC for Frozen.
    There's already some CAS available, this dress looks very nice.
    1.jpg"width=450"
    You can get it here

:shock:

Normally I don't use CC, buuuuut THAT DRESS IS GORGEOUS!!

Thank you for the link!
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Here, have some Anna love :mrgreen:

anna.png

9e271b72fc6887afa930ec5680cd8537.jpg

Disney_anna_cutout_2013.jpg

An older design for her:

frozen-anna-concept-art.jpg
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Do wanna bump a thread, man?

Frozen-disneyscreencaps.com-826.jpg
    900woh.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2014
    Not so fast, EA and Disney have worked together on a video game in the past. That video game is called Kingdom Hearts, which featured animation characters from Disney and characters from another hit video game series called Final Fantasy. So yeah, EA and Disney could team up again to a Frozen theme for Sims this time. That snowman character from Frozen is funny. So I like the idea, sign me up as well. SIGNED!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    Not so fast, EA and Disney have worked together on a video game in the past. That video game is called Kingdom Hearts, which featured animation characters from Disney and characters from another hit video game series called Final Fantasy. So yeah, EA and Disney could team up again to a Frozen theme for Sims this time. That snowman character from Frozen is funny. So I like the idea, sign me up as well. SIGNED!!! :D:D:D

Um . . .

Square-Enix is the produce of the Kingdom Hearts games, EA has nothing to do with them. That and the CAS would be inspired by Frozen, not directly lifted.

Thanks for the support though!
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

Um . . .

Square-Enix is the produce of the Kingdom Hearts games, EA has nothing to do with them. That and the CAS would be inspired by Frozen, not directly lifted.

Yes they did, the company was called EA/Square back then. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    Nyosim wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

Um . . .

Oh, I'm really sorry - I misunderstood your post! From what I've read, EA only helped market and published Square's games. Not all game publishers necessarily develop the games they publish :-)

And anyway, Square EA only published the first game, after 2003, it was all Sqaure-Enix. Huh. Learn something new everyday
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    Nyosim wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

Um . . .

Oh, I'm really sorry - I misunderstood your post! From what I've read, EA only helped market and published Square's games. Not all game publishers necessarily develop the games they publish :-)

And anyway, Square EA only published the first game, after 2003, it was all Sqaure-Enix. Huh. Learn something new everyday
    Exactly, which means that Disney still had to work with EA on certain things. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bump
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Looks like someone's stealing Elsa's style!

s5vejp.png

d67bt.png

900woh.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Toddler and big kids' clothes! :D

Frozen-Anna-Elsa-Animators-Dolls.jpg

6070040580982?$full$

34r99jr.jpg

900woh.png
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sign. Would it be ok for me to make a patterns with the 2 dress pics? I use CAP and would upload to my design page. Thank you. Frozen was visually beautiful.
    On a similar but off topic theme.
    One of my over 60 male cousins loves Disney's Brave. He even requested the video for his birthday. He is into celtic stuff. He and his wife just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. A fun time was had by all.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    leniece wrote:
    Would it be ok for me to make a patterns with the 2 dress pics? I use CAP and would upload to my design page. Thank you.

No problem - even Disney doesn't own those rosemails :wink: Thanks for signing!
    900woh.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tumblr_mw65joRtbw1sd0cioo1_r2_500.gif
    900woh.png