Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Historic Savannah, GA Style Town?

PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
I have looked for the longest time but have never seen one. I'm hoping maybe there is one that I've just missed or overlooked some how. Hopefully there is one that is more than base game or at least big enough to add store content and EP buildings.

If you're unfamiliar with how Savannah looks, here are some wonderful pictures:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=historic+savannah&FORM=HDRSC2

Comments

• Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited May 2014
    Me too, and not found one similar so far. :(
    Beautifull city with many-many mysteries and haunted houses.icon_bookmark.gif
    I've tried only to recreate Kehoe's house (20x30 smaller version, better should be 30x40) and house on WhitakerStreet_605 (this not uploaded, because CC used).
    I'll try to make with new colonial set Poisoned Ivy House from Savannah.

Good luck by searching, if I'll find something, I'll turn here and let you know. :wink:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks. I would attempt to do one myself, but there are a couple things wrong with that.

1. No time to do it.
    2. I suck at trying to build CAW worlds.
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    edited May 2014
    Here is a link to a WIP you might like it and i will be realesing a beta version in the next few weeks http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/750901.page#11993777 . I would be interested in building a Historic Savannah, GA Style Town? for you because I have the experience working with CAW and I have built houses like this. :)
    edited May 2014
    That is a very lovely world, but it doesn't seem like what I'm looking for in this particular instance. Although I will keep my eye on that world as it seems very interesting. :wink:

In no way am I asking for anyone to build an entire world for me. I was looking to see if there was one already built.
    edited May 2014
    This is not a bump.
    This is simply a reminder that this is still here. :mrgreen:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2014

Hi, there was one on the Exchange about a year, year & a half ago.....I just searched and can't find it on the Exchange now....hmmm....I'll keep searching :(
    edited May 2014
    If it is a over a year old, chances are slim that it still exists on the exchange. I appreciate it though. 8)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    The only one i know who did a world using the historic Savannah maps and called it St. something or other - I can't remember - but it had the Garden of Good and Evil in it and she had recreated a lot of the people from the book/movie by the same name to use as sims in the game - well she got banned as the map she used was an EA world - and EA goes balistic and ban people who use their worlds for making other worlds and sharing them (with the exception of SSV and Riverview)- so she was removed from all of EA as was all her creations. But that was way back around when Pets came out. Granted had she not mentioned it was an EA world map it would have been nearly impossible to know it ever was (well except for the swamp area maybe) as it looked like Savannah - not the world it had been. But as far as i know that was the only one I recall seeing that actually reached a sharing stage and that was just a beta if I recall correctly that she had released for testing on a file share site.

I have not heard of any others - just a lot of people saying they wanted to make that world and to my knowledge no other has been done. I do suggest though, if you do decide to do it - don't use an EA map for starters. Make your own.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited May 2014
    That's a shame. It would have been nice to check out. : (

I don't really have the time or patience to make a world unfortunately. On top of that, I don't have any skills with CAW and very little with building which was the main reason I was looking to see if anyone else had created something along the lines of the city.
    edited May 2014
    The same here: I've never completed some shareable world (I've made only round builder islands for my game). But you have me made wanting Savannah even more, purple_roses2110.
    I'm fighting with CAW again (don't hoping so much that I'll finish something what will only distantly similar at this haunted world) and I've downloaded another bunch of images.
    Between searching images, tutorials and Savannah world I've found one world called Savannah on Exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5579926 .
    But this not fulfills my wishes (hovewer I'm not able to make this better). By my attempts I can't get river, at least some isle, IP hidden islands, 24 pieces of those Savannah Historical District Squares 236px-SchematicSavannahSquare.jpg
    and huge Forsythe park in decent conventional EA's lot sizes in one single 2048x2048 map.
    I'm sure, that someone is able to do it: if I'll find something, I'll let you know. Let me know, please, if you will find it as first.
    Have a marvelous evening! :wink:
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    edited May 2014
    I don't think that quite suits what I'm looking for either, but I truly appreciate the effort. As wonderful as having a replica of Savannah in game would be nice, I don't have to have the exact thing. I was looking more for a town that is similar in style. I'll definitely keep you updated as long as you are attempting to keep me updated! 8) :mrgreen:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    Try Sneakfelines world called Blue Bayou. It is based on Louisianna but has some Savannah like qualities here and there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited May 2014
    Thank you Writin_Reg, at least I've reccomended it. :) Yay, it is flagged as a city, nice! But I'll continue my neverending and desperated fight with CAW. (I'm not able cawster, but I know insist very hard.)
    Have a marvelous day! :)
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2014

Ah, you found the Savannah I remembered Bily, it does look nice as I recalled.

And thanks Reg for recommending Blue Bayou...I wish I'd have spent more time on it and made it a bit different...thought about doing Charleston but that never transpired....