Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2014
    You should not have to put the non-routing paint in those spots. You can double check the sim routing by clicking on "View" then "Re-Build Routing". When that's done (the trees will start moving again), click on "Show Routing". The white lines are where sims will go, and the red is where they are blocked.

IoJRQ45.jpg
  • denehtdeneht Posts: 119
    edited March 2014
    ohh soo objects like trees and rocks and other stuff are automatic block if anything wrong ill just edit it like the way you show me thank you :D aww it did not show the one on water the rock i put in soo do i have to manual mark them since i kinda made a beach lagoon with trees and rock on water soo i need to mark them soo the sim wont swim on the rocks and trees?
    edited March 2014
    The non routing paint does not work under water so there's nothing you can do. I don't remember having any problems with it myself though, so maybe it takes care of itself.
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lessons Learned and Unanswered Questions

I just posted my first world, Housenfluke Rest, in the exchange. I wanted to share some of my experiences. With any activity you always learn how to do things right after you do them badly or wrong. Here are a few of my stumbling blocks. I document them for those who might come after and hope they can use them to shorten their job.

How deep is the Ocean?

I never found the answer to that question from any of the forums I searched. I first built this world using the medium size island map (MediumIsleMap200) with an elevation of 200. I placed the height of the ocean such that I would have lots of tidal flats for building houses. The depth of the Ocean was 3.24 (the Y coordinate). I built a dive spot and all of the kelp stuck way out of the water. This will not work. So I moved the water level up to 13.733 and built another dive spot. The kelp was covered more, but still showed. I scrapped this world and created a world based on the large island map (LargeIsleMap200), but created it with an elevation of 300. I set the ocean surface at 20.334. I had built a practice dive spot in Island Paradise in the deep ocean. I imported it into this world and the buoy and water well (Well Down uses a water well to simulate an oil platform) stuck out of the water. It looks like the ocean in Island Paradise might be 30. I continued with this world and an ocean set at 20.334, but did not use my dive spot imported from IP. If I were to build another island with dive spots I would us the enhanced CAW and an elevation of 400. I might also try my own terrain map to reduce the amount of leveling after creating the world.

How wide should a Port be?

I created a thread that describes how wide I have made my ports, but shows some of the routing issues that resulted from placing them too close together. See the thread at -

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/744910.page

Sadly Ghosts don’t Work

I would have liked some ghosts of the settling families in the graveyard. I like the Remington House from Riverview and its ghost. I imported a graveyard from IP hoping to have ghosts. I created ghosts as part of families and had them walk to the graveyard and go back to the nether land. Sadly nothing worked and the forums all say they shouldn’t. I have created families with some older generations in them. If you want ghosts in the graveyard, you will have to place their remains there when these Sims die.

You can still make Lakes

The water tool is broken in CAW. There is a modification, but it seemed very complicated to use. I made one pond at the science center by drilling down below sea level. I colored it Nile water color and put fish in it. It is ugly, but functional. The rest of the higher elevation lakes were created by importing a lot with a lake from IP and installing the lot in my world. I would use the same size lot or bigger. I could then use the terrain tools to change the shape of the lake and still have a functioning lake with a unique shoreline.

Uncharted fog is big

I had an uncharted region in the smaller island where Captain Pillsbury’s port is located. The smallest fog I could find still interfered with the beach near there and the road over the hills. I learned that I needed a lot of area around uncharted areas and not to have game objects near the fog. I have created a document that demonstrates the extent and shape of 8 of these fogs and the three fillers. It is at -

http://www.mediafire.com/view/lo4dmr431vffmd9/HiddenIslandFog.pdf

Underwater caves need to be in the clear

I have had a lot of trouble in Island Paradise with divers entering a cave and then popping to the surface. There is a modification that fixes this problem, but I have not seen a patch that fixes the problems. In this world, I placed all the caves in a clear flat area. There were no rocks piled on top of the caves and the terrain didn’t crowd the cave. I didn’t use the MOO cheat to place any caves. As a result, I have only a few instances of popping to the surface when a Sim enters the cave.

Those slow sailboats

While play testing an earlier version of this world a Sim ended up with a sailboat in her inventory. I don’t know how it got there. When going from one island to another she preferred the sail boat instead of a water taxi. The family was at a festival on Housenfluke Island and left to go home at 9:00 PM. Most arrived home on Moldenhauer Island within an hour. The Sim with the sailboat took it home and was still on the water at 4:00 AM. The only way I could find to get rid of that sail boat was to buy a boat trailer and put it on the front lawn. Then place the sail boat on it and sell the sail boat and then the trailer.

Dive Spot Fog Emitters Don't all Work

I tried all the ep10 underwater type fog emitters. Some did not seem to function (examples ep10treasurechestunderwaterglow or ep10fishminnowocean).

The list below shows the various codes that are useful in dive spots and my experience with them. Characters contained within brackets means choose one from the list. For instance (a,b,c) means choose the character “a”, or ”b”, or “c”. Characters contained within square brackets means the characters are optional and can be inserted for a variation on the basic effect. The codes are listed all lower case and without any spaces. Exact spelling is necessary.

As an example, the listing “ep10minnowschool(a, b, c)[inter]” represents 6 separate codes and could be written as “ep10minnowschoola” or “ep10minnowschoolcinter”. Note the quotation marks are not entered.

ep10oceanlightrays - Shows light rays filtering down from the surface.

ep10fishoceanouterfc - The uncatchable minnows swimming around and out of the lot

ep10minnowschool(a, b, c)[inter] - Three different instances of minnow schools swimming within the lot. I think “inter” might means intermittent.

ep10chestbubbles[sinister] - Placed under a chest, bubbles will come out of the chest when it is opened. I don’t know what “sinister” added to the effect. Was sinister music supposed to play or a shark show up?

ep10treasurechestunderwaterglow - Might be needed to find well hidden chests. I didn’t see an effect and have not used

ep10fishminnow(ocean, outer) - Don’t know how this differs from minnow school

Questions I never answered

There are two versions of grave stones, headstones, and markers. Both versions were introduced in the basic game. One set is normal stone and the other seems to be a little iridescent. Other than color I never saw a difference. Was a game play difference implemented?

In my created world all the fish spawners are always great fishing. I would have expected some variation. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

The paint brush seems to get stuck in the square mode. I change to round, but it still paints squares. The only fix seems to be to save, to get out of CAW and come back. Is there a better fix?
    The birthday cake works differently than I expected. When you click on it to blow the candles out everyone in the family except the birthday person is listed. If anyone blows the candles out, they immediately age transition. Is this a base game problem or brought on by CAW? Anyway, I am not buying cakes anymore.

The color that IP introduced called Ocean Floor which has seashell litter does not seem to function correctly. I can color it on a lot while editing in the game. But I was never able to install it in a CAW color layer and have it color outside a lot. Plus when I moved a lot that was partially colored with this color, the new location of the lot did not have this color. Why is this color different?

I like the arrangement of a dock connected to a house by stairs. Some examples of this from Island Paradise are Los Amigos or Sea House. I was never able to connect a dock to any of my houses. Is there a cheat that allows this?

Sometimes the WA treasure chests are empty or WA dig sites are not spawned when an uncharted region is discovered. Does the uncharted fog interfere with these spawns?

Acknowledgements

Auntielynds’ catalog of tutorials and information has been the total foundation of my knowledge on this subject. I could not have made any progress without reading most of them. Some tutorials like .ini files were a little over my head, but most were very useful. I especially liked and followed the steps in “Building a World Parts 1 – 12”.

Thank you everyone.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2014
    Wow! I'm gone for a few days and I come back to find this! Wonderful RRArtie! :mrgreen:

I think I posted the depth of Isla Paradiso's ocean somewhere.

Here we go, found it here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/687128.page#11000479
    Here is the xyz coordinates for the dive lot, and the water level so we can work out the depth needed. (I haven't done the math yet. :lol: )

Dive lot:
    bxkTmW0.jpg

Water Level:
    4vm2dP8.jpg

Great info in your post. I'll get it linked up on the first post. I have to go cook dinner but I'll post back tonight and see if I can't answer some of your unanswered questions.

Thanks Artie, great post! :D
    edited April 2014
    I'll see if I can answer any of these questions.

Questions I never answered

There are two versions of grave stones, headstones, and markers. Both versions were introduced in the basic game. One set is normal stone and the other seems to be a little iridescent. Other than color I never saw a difference. Was a game play difference implemented?

:shock: I never even noticed there were two sets. :lol:

In my created world all the fish spawners are always great fishing. I would have expected some variation. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

I have never noticed any variation and I've never seen any discussion about it.

The paint brush seems to get stuck in the square mode. I change to round, but it still paints squares. The only fix seems to be to save, to get out of CAW and come back. Is there a better fix?

Very odd, I've never had this issue.

The birthday cake works differently than I expected. When you click on it to blow the candles out everyone in the family except the birthday person is listed. If anyone blows the candles out, they immediately age transition. Is this a base game problem or brought on by CAW? Anyway, I am not buying cakes anymore.

As far as I know, it's always worked this way.
    The color that IP introduced called Ocean Floor which has seashell litter does not seem to function correctly. I can color it on a lot while editing in the game. But I was never able to install it in a CAW color layer and have it color outside a lot. Plus when I moved a lot that was partially colored with this color, the new location of the lot did not have this color. Why is this color different?

I don't know why it won't transfer when you move the lot, that's strange.

The texture was not used in caw for Isla Paradiso but I did extract it from the game and make a .dds for caw. You can get it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/nfbb97rr66c2926/EP10_seaFloor.dds

LXlZfEK.jpg

I like the arrangement of a dock connected to a house by stairs. Some examples of this from Island Paradise are Los Amigos or Sea House. I was never able to connect a dock to any of my houses. Is there a cheat that allows this?

I'll have to go look at those houses because I've never been able to link a port and a house.
    Sometimes the WA treasure chests are empty or WA dig sites are not spawned when an uncharted region is discovered. Does the uncharted fog interfere with these spawns?

Again, I can't answer this on either.

I only got one out of seven. :(
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love this texture.
    LXlZfEK.jpg"width=400"
    It seems a pity they didn't use it in IP.
    Look's like it will read almost seamless, Yah :)
    Can't wait to find a world/lot to use it on.
    I don't think I've even seen a purple sea urchins.
    I might have to tone them down a smidgen :wink:

Edit: I had a look at the above texture in Gimp.
    It's "perfectly" seamless :shock:, someone put some effort into creating it.

RRArtie brilliant PDF on hidden island markers :D
    You did a very thorough investigation & reporting.
    Thanks for sharing :D
    I have big plans for this useful info.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nevermind, I've figured it out! :XD:
    edited March 2014
    Auntielynds wrote
    I don't know why it won't transfer when you move the lot, that's strange.

The texture was not used in caw for Isla Paradiso but I did extract it from the game and make a .dds for caw. You can get it here:

Thank you for responding to my questions. I retried the ocean floor color and here is what I found.

Here is a screen capture of the color introduced in IP and called “Ocean Floor” in the bar of colors in edit town. I have scattered this color around underwater in dive lots and occasionally on ports and beaches.

Ocean Floor from IP -
    screenshot_original.jpg

I said the color didn’t move with the lot. I was wrong about that. I can’t explain why, but the color now moves with the lot in CAW.

I had tried to apply that color outside of lots in CAW. I used the color called EP10_Coral that was posted by zurbu and reference in the textures portion of this thread. It is a light grass color as shown by the splotch in the upper right of the picture below. When I didn’t get coral, I extracted that color from IP and tried my own variation. Same result – no coral or sea floor looking color.

I applied the color you just posted as “EP10_seaFloor” and that is the color in the splotch in the lower left. That is the color I have been looking for and will use it in CAW.

Two textures from CAW –
    screenshot_original.jpg

Thank you
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi auntielynds! I´ve been answering about a dozen times the question "My world do not export!!!" with my own rutine to export, I don´t mean that it is the best or the only way to do this, but it works, may be you can insert a link to this very post so people can find easily the answer to their exporting issues.

Rutine to Export a World

Start from the begining, let us say your world is name.world, uninstall your world from the launcher if you can see it at the installed items tab, delete from downloads, delete from exports, delete from desktop. Now you will only have your name.world files in CAW usertooldata folder. (Before you do this, be sure you have your name.world file and name folder and the backups folders, up to 5 backups, in your CAW usertooldata folder).

Open CAW and open your world, THE NAME IN THE GLOBAL LAYER MUST BE THE SAME OF THE name.world file (Worlds run in CAW and in EIG with a different name in the name.world file and in the global layer but they will not run in Game and they will produce the "corrupted memory fatal error"). If it is not, choose a new name in the global layer (where description and image are) and save as the new name and close the world saving changes before going on, then open the newname.world open it in EIG and test if it runs ok, if it does close without saving and close CAW. (go to 1-)

If it does not, close EIG and close the world and try again with an older backup, till you find one that runs ok in EIG, then exit EIG (without saving) and save this backup as the current version of your world in CAW, overwrting the corrupted one, and close the world, once you have saved in CAW you can open again the world and redo the changes you may have lost save and close CAW.

Now

1- move the sims3 DCCache and DCBackup folders to your desktop (the game will replace with new ones)

2- Open CAW and export the world. this time it should export fine.

3- Before installing the world, move the DC (downloaded content, the CC and the Store Content) folders again to their correct place and when you are asked overwrite the merging files. THE OLD ONES OVER THE NEW ONES

4- Go to your sims3 exports folder and move/copy the name.world package to the sims 3 downloads folder, open the launcher and install the world from the downloads tab.

Now play the game, your world should be succesfully installed and you will be able to play it fine.

Thankyou in any case I know you will do it in the best way, happy simming
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited April 2014
    So sorry, I've been out for a week. This is great Junceda! I'll get it linked up. :mrgreen:

junceda wrote:
    Hi auntielynds! I´ve been answering about a dozen times the question "My world do not export!!!" with my own rutine to export, I don´t mean that it is the best or the only way to do this, but it works, may be you can insert a link to this very post so people can find easily the answer to their exporting issues.

Routine to Export a World

Start from the beginning, let us say your world is name.world, uninstall your world from the launcher if you can see it at the installed items tab, delete from downloads, delete from exports, delete from desktop. Now you will only have your name.world files in CAW usertooldata folder. (Before you do this, be sure you have your name.world file and name folder and the backups folders, up to 5 backups, in your CAW usertooldata folder).

Open CAW and open your world, THE NAME IN THE GLOBAL LAYER MUST BE THE SAME OF THE name.world file (Worlds run in CAW and in EIG with a different name in the name.world file and in the global layer but they will not run in Game and they will produce the "corrupted memory fatal error"). If it is not, choose a new name in the global layer (where description and image are) and save as the new name and close the world saving changes before going on, then open the newname.world open it in EIG and test if it runs ok, if it does close without saving and close CAW. (go to 1-)

If it does not, close EIG and close the world and try again with an older backup, till you find one that runs ok in EIG, then exit EIG (without saving) and save this backup as the current version of your world in CAW, overwrting the corrupted one, and close the world, once you have saved in CAW you can open again the world and redo the changes you may have lost save and close CAW.

Now

1- move the sims3 DCCache and DCBackup folders to your desktop (the game will replace with new ones)

2- Open CAW and export the world. this time it should export fine.

3- Before installing the world, move the DC (downloaded content, the CC and the Store Content) folders again to their correct place and when you are asked overwrite the merging files. THE OLD ONES OVER THE NEW ONES

4- Go to your sims3 exports folder and move/copy the name.world package to the sims 3 downloads folder, open the launcher and install the world from the downloads tab.

Now play the game, your world should be successfully installed and you will be able to play it fine.

Thankyou in any case I know you will do it in the best way, happy simming
    edited April 2014
    I have tried to answer my question by reading all the upload tutorials in your first post in this tread, by searching this forum plus searching with Google and Yahoo with no results. I am sure the answer is somewhere, but have run out of ideas.

Figured it out "Reload" is the word to search with. Need a new WPID and its a new world.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi,
    I don't know, if it may be for someone usefull, I've found today interesting site with tutorials, while searching tutorial for SuperCAW's Pond tool: http://bloodyswelten.wordpress.com/category/tutorials/ . Sfortunatelly is it in german, but google translate works there.
    Also tutorial for this Pond tool is there too (from july 2013):
    image19jha6t.jpg
    http://bloodyswelten.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/mini-tutorial-pond-tool/
    I've looked at Pond tool tutorial on MTS and searched anywhere, but this tutorial is for me more comprensive (I'm not advanced cawster and I don't know how to use hex-editors :oops: )
    I hope this will help at someone
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Dale454292001Dale454292001 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if you can help me but... I hav created my world and have everything set to go but the thumbnail. I am on Windows 8 and I have made the image 256x256 and saved it as .PNG and 24-bit but for some reason it still keeps saying the images are not 24-bit PNG anything you can do to help me out?
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi, I'm not necessarily new to CAW (played around with it a bit when it first came out) but I came up with an idea for a world and am currently attempting to create it but I'm having a problem editing my lots. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is CAW works fine and I can load it in game fine but when I'm in-game I go to edit town, than select the lot I want to edit it loads fine but the bar with the tools and build/buy mode catalog goes black making it to where I can't edit the lots and was wondering if someone here knew the problem.
    edited May 2014
    RRArtie wrote:

With a lot of review of the CFE tutorials, I was able to build a house and connected dock similar to those two houses in IP. See my approach on the tread -
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/753355.page
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    Auntilynds, just posting a quick thank you for uploading your 'nothing' road texture. Just what I needed! <3
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Auntielynds,

How are you?

A while ago I was looking for a good free program I could use to convert my .bitmap images to .jpeg because the program I always have used all of the sudden had OpenCandy in it. I often use Fraps to make pictures in The Sims 3 or CAW/EIG because my printscreen doesn't work in game. The free Fraps makes bitmap pictures and I prefer .jpeg.

Anyway ...

I found this programm: XnConvert and I have used it for a couple of months now.

Just now I all of the sudden thought of converting the sourcetextures .dds files to .jpeg an decided to see if this program also convert .dds and it does. It converts many things and has some more features to play around with images.

I know you use Mystic thumbs but I still wanted to share this program with you, and anybody else who might be interested, in case you don't know this program. The program can convert many files at once, in many extensions, and even folders. Installation is not even necessary. It comes as a setup but also as a .zip file. It also comes in many languages, including English, Dutch, France, Spanish and more.

Hope someone has use for this program. I really like it.

Take care!

edited June 2014
    RRArtie wrote:

I just posted my first world, Housenfluke Rest, in the exchange. I wanted to share some of my experiences. With any activity you always learn how to do things right after you do them badly or wrong. Here are a few of my stumbling blocks. I document them for those who might come after and hope they can use them to shorten their job.

Unanswered Questions

Okay, I see what happens. When I set the brush size to 1 or 2 the paint applied is a square and is considerably darker (less opacity and falloff) than if I have the brush size set to 3 or more with the same opacity and falloff.

I wanted small dots of dirt under small bushes to represent dead leaves and lack of grass due to shade. I have found that I can accomplish that with a brush size of 3 and a low falloff (5 to 7) and low opacity (20 to 25) and not use a brush size of 1 or 2.

Hope this helps

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Auntylinds,I just recently found out that CustomSims site is down and seems to be gone.It's where i always got my rabbit hole replacers for my games where I either don't want EA's grossly oversized rabbitholes or don't want ones that look too modern for a game I set in 1660.I had to use them for one game in Oak Leaf which is a world I made in CAW.I hope you're aware that CustomSims is down.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello :)

I have a question about custom roads cannot seem to find the answer.
    When selecting textures for the different parts of a road/sidewalk/intersections
    Is there some sort of better way to choose what goes where, base vs detail? What on earth does the "normal map" part do? Changing that seems to make little difference.
    Here is my specific situation: I really only want the sidewalks and I am using the same texture for the road and the sidewalks. I love how the road looks but the sidewalk is much darker even though I used the same texture. What do I have to do to get them the same? Nevermind, I found the fix. I changed the second box in the sidewalk section to the dirt_sidewalk_base_n.tga and it fixed it right up!)
  • 1venni1venni Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Best is to download PAINT.NET from the internet, the use their program to resize the image you wish to use, say you have a download of some island you found on the net, crop it, resize to 256x256 pixels

http://ts3tutorials.forumotion.com/t1-24-bit-png-image-creation-with-paintnethttp://ts3tutorials.forumotion.com/t1-24-bit-png-image-creation-with-paintnet
  • SezaboSezabo Posts: 45
    edited July 2014
    Hi, i'm in a bit of a pickle...

I have just spend 6 months on a large world and i was so excited to play it but now my game is running extremely slow. It pauses every five seconds and then crashes at the same point (its done it three times now): i move my two sims to university and when editing their dorm in build and buy mode the game goes black with only the mouse then doesn't respond. i understand my world is big but is it seriously that big??
    i do have custom content but I've played in other worlds with it and it hasn't lagged at all.
    i did have a few technical problems in CAW : about half way through the world my edit in game wouldn't save there was a problem with a lot, i deleted it, there was another lot corrupt - this went on forever so i gave up editing in game mode. Then the export failed so i used a work around.

here's my question:
    should i a.) delete all custom content, put the settings on low (which will suck) and hope for the best
    or b.)upload my world to the exchange,(how do i do this by the way?) uninstall my games and custom content, only put a few expansions back on (i have most of them installed currently) and start a new game a fresh by re-downloading my world from the exchange?

i would really appreciate some help, i've worked so hard on this world for a long time. its a custom world especially for the legacy i want to start and the freezing makes it literally impossible to play!

thanks for reading, i hope to hear something soon :)
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2014
    1venni wrote:
    Best is to download PAINT.NET from the internet, the use their program to resize the image you wish to use, say you have a download of some island you found on the net
    You can use Pain.NET to resize but it can't save in 16 bit .png. To get the image in 16 bit .png you can use png2caw.
    Sezabo wrote:
    should i a.) delete all custom content, put the settings on low (which will suck) and hope for the best
    You can try this to find out if it makes a differents. You can easily change the settings back to medium or high if this isn't the problem.
    For custom content: rename you're The Sims 3 folder in My Documents temporary in The Sims 3_old. Start the game (a new The Sims 3 folder will be made) and play a while like this. All you're CC will not be in the game (because it's in The Sims 3_old). If the CC isn't the problem you can quit the game, delete the new The Sims 3 folder (unless you have new files saved in this folder, like saved games/sims, etc. backup those files and delete the old_folder) and change the name from The Sims 3_old back to The Sims 3 so all you're CC is installed again.

I would not hope for the best, I would try to figure out what the problem is. By trying above you are doing that. Probably not enough but at least you will discover if it's (part of) the problem or not. I do think you have to consider the possibility that you're pc can't handle the large world (in combination with (store)downloads an expansions).
    Sezabo wrote:
    b.)upload my world to the exchange,(how do i do this by the way?) uninstall my games and custom content, only put a few expansions back on (i have most of them installed currently) and start a new game a fresh by re-downloading my world from the exchange?
    If you want to upload the world to the Exchange for other players to download, I would say no because it seems you're world has some problems which you need to fix or at least you need to figure out if the world is the problem or you pc which can't handle the world. You can upload to ask for beta testers (see link below): people who can help you play test the world.

If you want to upload as a backup: it's not necessary to upload to have a backup. You can make a back-up from the file <nameworld>.sims3package. Which should me in My Documents\The Sims 3\Exports. If not it's in you're Download folder (where it is if you have successfully installed the world). Select the file, right click on the file to copy it, go to the place where you want to save the backup (another place on you're computer, USB, dropbox, whatever), right click again to paste. When you want to install the world again, you copy the file to the Download folder and install it threw the launcher.

Video: How to export and upload your world using Create A world
    Sezabo wrote:
    only put a few expansions back on (i have most of them installed currently) and start a new game a fresh by re-downloading my world from the exchange?
    This can help speed up the game. This helped me. But you have made you're world with certain expansions. I don't know if you can install the world again if those expansions are not installed.

Some help full links:

Start the game by bypassing the Launcher. I only use the launcher to install (store) downloads. If I want to play I never use the launcher. It's not necessary to have the launcher open next to the game (it's unnecessary pc resources).

- Fix for strange lag on lots in CAW worlds
    - What makes a world lag?
    - Beta Testing a World..........Tips & Tricks
    - Changing out the WPID File The WPID file is what the game, and the Exchange use to identify the world. That's why you can upload the world only once to the Exchange. Change the file, and the game views it as a different world so you can upload it more then once.
    - How To Make Sure CC Doesn't Piggyback in on Your World
    - CAW not running? CAW running slowly?

A lot of information, so I'am gone stop now. Good luck. I hope above helps you and you will figure it out. Also take a look at the first post of this sticky, it has a lot of helpful information.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi, auntielynds!
    Thank you for this topic.;)
    Just to advice you, links for zerbu's IP and ITF textures are giving me on Mediafire invalid or deleted file.
    The same about Bridgeport textures from Drowssap http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/289848.page
    The same about zerbu's RH textures on EA CAW forum, I've got this from CAWster (there is zerbu's mediafire link working)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top