Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    Shakeninsane I love the sims 1 music, I also mute when building and buying in sims 3 :lol: The obsessed fan is a bit of a pain, I think next time he comes around I will change him into a toad and see if my little dragon will eat him muahahahaha

Here are some pics of my beautiful little dragon that hatched. no fires (touch wood) so far, although I have smoke detectors everywhere :mrgreen:

Little Pyritie is born
    TDrZfC7.png

First flight out of the nest
    YGD025R.png

Sleeping in the nest
    p3jaqg5.png

Receiving a chew toy
    rscPopR.png

Being groomed
    HWUZIMS.png

Being tickled
    eeUh0YB.png

edited May 2014
    Phew so lots happened today, my little dragon packed its bag and took off because apparently I did not give it enough love, I did groom him once a day, so I don't know what the story is. My sim got an award and shortly after lost a star because she did not go to studio town everyday LOL. I tried a spell and it backfired so there was snakes everywhere, had my sim hysterical for a while. Here are a lot of pics :mrgreen:

Petting the little dragon
    Ac1HsVg.png

The little dragon started eating all my plants
    LXEXZT9.png

My sim being a model
    2tWm9GL.png

She loves performing
    ecmrCpi.png

She is quite the sword fighter
    C2MEhVf.png

Reward time
    v3Wkk9Y.png

fz26o6E.png

TFGxush.png

The spell for the willow wasp (something like that) to clean and fix up the house
    3Pze1uO.png

Raining Riches spell

q7F6MUc.png

EOHdOTs.png

479GMEm.png

Spell went bad and now there is snakes everywhere
    5u7b4RR.png
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2014
    The Dragon left :cry: I can see him in the pic with Marilyn Monroe. I never had a Dragon in sims 1. I wonder what it takes to keep him around? Where did he go?
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Phew so lots happened today, my little dragon packed its bag and took off because apparently I did not give it enough love, I did groom him once a day, so I don't know what the story is. My sim got an award and shortly after lost a star because she did not go to studio town everyday LOL. I tried a spell and it backfired so there was snakes everywhere, had my sim hysterical for a while. Here are a lot of pics :mrgreen:

Petting the little dragon
    Ac1HsVg.png

The little dragon started eating all my plants
    LXEXZT9.png

My sim being a model
    2tWm9GL.png

She loves performing
    ecmrCpi.png

She is quite the sword fighter
    C2MEhVf.png

Reward time
    v3Wkk9Y.png

fz26o6E.png

TFGxush.png

The spell for the willow wasp (something like that) to clean and fix up the house
    3Pze1uO.png

Raining Riches spell

q7F6MUc.png

EOHdOTs.png

479GMEm.png

Spell went bad and now there is snakes everywhere
    5u7b4RR.png

Ah. So cute. I just don't like snakes. Scares me.
    :) Smile!

edited May 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    The Dragon left :cry: I can see him in the pic with Marilyn Monroe. I never had a Dragon in sims 1. I wonder what it takes to keep him around? Where did he go?

Yeah he left just after she got the reward, so I had to save otherwise I would have lost my reward. I can always get another little one, they are so cute
    Puddinroy wrote:
    Ah. So cute. I just don't like snakes. Scares me.
    You should have seen Annabelle she was hysterical, those snakes were everywhere, not one room did not have snakes in it.
    edited May 2014
    I think I have shown you guys just about everything now, I will head back to my sims 3 again LOL unless there is something I missed somewhere
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great pics.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love the dragon. Does he stay the same size? It looks like he was more like a pet than the dragons in Sims 3. Did he do special things for the owners, have powers?

I've yet to see one of my dragons in Sims 3 fly. I always get that crazy message about not enough room. I haven't played a game in Dragon Valley yet though. Maybe it's better there?

Thank you so much for sharing Sims 1--everyone! I've really enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oh, what did the beanstalk do?
    edited May 2014
    LBell wrote:
    Great pics.
    Thank You :wink:
    lanlyn wrote:
    I love the dragon. Does he stay the same size? It looks like he was more like a pet than the dragons in Sims 3. Did he do special things for the owners, have powers?

I've yet to see one of my dragons in Sims 3 fly. I always get that crazy message about not enough room. I haven't played a game in Dragon Valley yet though. Maybe it's better there?

Thank you so much for sharing Sims 1--everyone! I've really enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oh, what did the beanstalk do?

The dragon stays the same. You can groom, pet, tickle and feed it a treat. Its not part of the household so it tends to its own needs. I find if you don't give it enough treats it started eating my garden. I have played dragons in dragon valley and found less of an issue with the flying error, also in Hidden springs.

Oh wow I forgot about the beanstalk, I will play later today, currently making a sim in sims 3 and then just let time run past in the house, I think it takes 30 sim days to be ready to climb
    edited May 2014
    Turns out the thing I thought was a beanstalk was a root of all evil. I deleted it and now everything in the house is better. appliances used to break all the time. Now I have a beanstalk LOL how could I not remember what it looks like

UMXziZT.png
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    edited May 2014
    love this thread! def gonna bookmark this.
    who knows, i may even go out & buy the games again! :mrgreen:
    edited May 2014
    love this thread! def gonna bookmark this.
    who knows, i may even go out & buy the games again! :mrgreen:

Glad you like it. Sims 1 is great :mrgreen:
    edited May 2014
    I got the dud, there is two different beanstalks both grow tall but one grows just a bit taller and that is the one you climb, this one has finished growing and it has no actions, here is it growth pics anyways

eaDSzBy.png

dTVdW4D.png

TLA1XDA.png

r1AKVXG.png
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi mcrudd! This thread has been so fun! Thanks for taking us back with Sims 1. It inspired me to reinstall my old game. I am playing a family of 8 right now---I don't recommend this--- :shock: :lol: Just to see if I can do it. :twisted:

You have showed neat stuff I never even knew about, or never tried, which I will attempt now. I've really enjoyed all the great pics!! But I will try all the magic stuff in a different household using only one Sim so I can concentrate on accomplishing everything.

I KNOW what is at the top of that beanstalk but I won't tell! :mrgreen: I had forgotten about the "dud" beanstalk and the Root of all Evil. How cute. I will try those too.

Thanks again for sharing this entertaining game with us. :D
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great pics! Haha, Sims 1 is hysterical! I love how the Simmy award is a "sponsored" by the Talent Agency. Rigged much? Hah hah :lol::wink:

Did anyone else use to "steal" cars in Sims 1, by using the move objects cheat and take the carpooling car and lock it in the garden with gates? lmao I did that all the time.

• AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd I just realised your household has almost 3 million simoleons. >_<
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2014
    Loved TS1. Always.

Does anyone else notice how realistic all the objects and trees look? :shock:
  • superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2014
    Enter your chance to win a Nikon D800 or Cannon 5D Mark III Contest. No purchase necessary. No purchase can increase your chances of winning. Sponsored by Snapknot. Good luck.
    https://contest.io/c/pnjkwku9
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2014
    Please take your spamming advertisement and go away. You've been reported for spam, as I will now do for the thread about the same thing you just created :evil:

Edit: Good the spammer has been deleted, thank you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    Its a pleasure Pamhamlet, I will keep on trying to get the real beanstalk, I just need to give up being a superstar so I can do lots of spells around the house to get the magic growth happening again. I will delete all the duds so that I get a better chance of getting the real beanstalk, I think I remember what is at the top too, but can't quite remember how it looks LOL

Shakeninsane I used to do that, so that I could look as if I owned a car, I used to do it to the little white ones that pick you up for work LOL

LOL Anthono that is the magic of the rosebud cheat :D

simsfan its very realistic for sims 1, I was actually impressed when I saw the detail and all the different movements the sims make as well, its not too bad for those years

Thanks for the spam report Zorba, happy simming :)
    edited May 2014
    So I am trying to get the beanstalk again LOL. I was also doing something for a sims 4 thread when they talked about the gnomes attacking. I made the perfect garden charm although my garden is perfect and the little guys attacked, but just before that my sim got abducted by alliens, here are some pics

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp
    feHDSv6.png

She went pretty high
    RKmZkRT.png

While she was with the alliens she got robbed of some honey by Claire the bear
    hP0nGbu.png

Back and in shock, she was just dumped on the floor next to the telescope
    VkCkqld.png

Made a perfect garden charm
    jQwhDW5.png

Using the charm although all the plants are watered
    VUPFKGK.png

That does not look good
    xvpi1Hl.png

attack !!!!
    B8P6ZA5.png

edited May 2014
    I was going to play sims 1 and update here with hopefully some pics of magic stuff, but I just found my five year old golden bristlenose fish dead and is a bit sad and not in the mood, will update tomorrow, sorry guys :(
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited May 2014
    I remember my brother and me playing and I accidentally killed one of his sims in a fire. Luckily a neighbour sim visited daily to take care of the child sim that remained, but my brother hated me for a week after LOL
  • AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Loved TS1. Always.

Does anyone else notice how realistic all the objects and trees look? :shock:
    I know they look fantastic!
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear about your fish, mcrudd. :( I've had a few fish that have lived for several years too.

Since I've never played Sims 1, I don't know too much about it. The gnomes seem much more active than the current ones. Why do they attack?