Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open Letter to @SimGuruGraham

Ok, y'all, it's getting heated in here again so let's be productive! Yep! It's open letter time again. If you haven't participated in this thread before the point is to have an organized list of concerns and feedback so I can point @SimGuruGraham to this exact thread.

Couple ground rules for posting in this thread. It is meant to be a direct conversation TO Graham, not each other, so please write as if you're talking to him specifically. Don't comment and say, I agree unless you're expanding on an idea or concern that a previous poster described.

NO FIGHTING.
NO FLAMING.
NO HARSH CRITICISM.
BE CONSTRUCTIVE.
BE RESPECTFUL.

Thank you.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited May 2014
    Is this about the no swim suits shown and people worrying about no swimming pools in the base game and are you going to tweet this post to Graham?
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited May 2014
    Please tell us what type of world we're getting.

That is all :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2014
    Is this about the no swim suits shown and people worrying about no swimming pools in the base game and are you going to tweet this post to Graham?

It's a catchall post to tweet to Graham. Can be about anything you want. :)
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2014
    Please please please give us more hair colors, specifically more shades of brown and red. Thanks.
  • AKirbehAKirbeh Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2014
    Please add more gameplay for babies! Rather than just some burrito baby that cries all the time..
  • girlformergirlformer Posts: 231 New Member
    edited May 2014
    just put cast back in and color sliders thats all
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited May 2014
    Please inform us as to how indepth relationships and traits are.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Please tell us what type of world we're getting.

That is all :D

Yes, and whether or not that city is just a backdrop (and if so, will it be used like Sims 1/Sims 2 used it, referring to it as SimCity).

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited May 2014
    Can the uncomfortable sitting position ever be changed to something more laid back and comfy? I never sit straight up with my hands in my lap unless I'm nervous, or at a place where I don't know most of the people around me, I think most simmers can agree that we were expecting sims to change positions on the couch and chairs like the renders. The more the game looks like the renders and has the same animations the better. :)
  • vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2014
    This isn't really a question towards Create-A-Style, but more or so about changing the colors of objects, clothing, etc.. I've read many articles about create-a-style not making it into the base game since the main focus is about the sims themselves, which I can live with as it should be based on the sims themselves. Very positive move in my opinion, considering I felt as though TS3 was more or less about the creative aspect than the actual game-play.

My question is why not add something similar to Create-A-Style as maybe a Create-A-Color program? I saw in the CAS video options to change the color using a limited color palette for clothing, hair, and makeup. Couldn't we have an option to pick colors from a color wheel, add the colors we would like to a color option, that way its less important on the style and patterns but we could still have an outfit, or hair, makeup, and/or objects look a certain color?
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would love if TS4 has more depth and story going on the Premade Families like in TS2, and i hope the Timeline is consistent this time, because, in TS3 many fan-favourite Sims were sold in different towns (or worlds) with no deep backstory in it and no further explanation about this, also, i'd not like to think this is more of a marketing strategy but it's hard.
    I'd also like every Town (or World) to be set on the same day and age, and not like TS3 because this caused a lot of confusion and made people uninterested to follow backstories because everything just seemed off.
    As someone who loves TS Series like me and it's deep interested in many aspects of the Game, this solely will make me happy.
    Also
    I also would love if Veronaville returns
    I love how every Sims's names in Veronaville are based in one of Shakespeare's Plays Characters (there's not just Romeo and Juliet) and i'm not going to lie, but this made me interested in reading his Plays and catched me well on this. I also love how the Sims were put on diverse situations that somehow resembles Shakespeare's Plays and were loyal to the Stories combined with the funny air and feels of TS2.
    If you ask me, Veronaville is so much underrated and i wish it got some more love. Also, i want to know whoever had the brilliant idea of choosing the Sims names and everything that's in this Neighborhood.
    Sorry my Grammar, English is not my first language.

• twilightgirl1601twilightgirl1601 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Graham! I am so excited for E3!

I might be a little late, but having those quirky little details in the game would be a lot to me. Here's my wishlist.

Pregnant Sims in CAS
    Washing a load of dishes instead of one signal dish.
    Vaccuming
    'Serving' food on a table
    Sims getting in cars
    An open world
    Lots of color pallets :)
    More hair color options
    Better dancing for sims!
    Gems and rocks were a lot of fun too.
    Nannies!
  • Cassini90125Cassini90125 Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd love to know how many worlds will be in the basegame and whether they're open or closed.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited May 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    I would love if TS4 has more depth and story going on the Premade Families like in TS2, and i hope the Timeline is consistent this time, because, in TS3 many fan-favourite Sims were sold in different towns (or worlds) with no deep backstory in it and no further explanation about this, also, i'd not like to think this is more of a marketing strategy but it's hard.
    I'd also like every Town (or World) to be set on the same day and age, and not like TS3 because this caused a lot of confusion and made people uninterested to follow backstories because everything just seemed off.
    As someone who loves TS Series like me and it's deep interested in many aspects of the Game, this solely will make me happy.
    Also
    I also would love if Veronaville returns
    I love how every Sims's names in Veronaville are based in one of Shakespeare's Plays Characters (there's not just Romeo and Juliet) and i'm not going to lie, but this made me interested in reading his Plays and catched me well on this. I also love how the Sims were put on diverse situations that somehow resembles Shakespeare's Plays and were loyal to the Stories combined with the funny air and feels of TS2.
    If you ask me, Veronaville is so much underrated and i wish it got some more love. Also, i want to know whoever had the brilliant idea of choosing the Sims names and everything that's in this Neighborhood.
    Sorry my Grammar, English is not my first language.

I dont know if i nessasarily agree with this but i definetly what to beable to send my sims to ALL the worlds no matter if they are base EP store or custom just like the sims 2.

There were many things that drove me crazy about the sims 3 but THIS was the number one issue i had. Why couldnt my sims go to bridgeport and bar hope. why did i have to wait for fan made worlds to beable to make a family that lasted for ever and could have any career they wanted allowed in the game without having to spend hours modding the map.

dont make the EP worlds seem like they are all over the gloabe and we HAVE to move there to get the benifits of the town. Our sims should have been able to "drive" to the other towns

and for places like IP and WA hotels not hostels (the resorts were nice but lacked something) these kinds of worlds look like destination worlds were our sims would travel to for vacation or research. the resorts felt kinda useless in their own worlds.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd love to know how many worlds will be in the basegame and whether they're open or closed.

I agree with this and also I would like to know if we are rid of the burrito babies. I want to see some legs on the babies in this game.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering if the other age group have as many different faces to choose from as the young adult/ adult do.
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just sent a tweet to SimGuruGraham with a link to this post so it's officially on his radar. Keep up the good work, y'all.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited May 2014
    To stop the forums from being flooded with a ton of the same topics, can we get any sort of confirmation about swimwear/pools, and if it's open world? If not, could it be on the agenda to be mentioned during e3?
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Graham I d like to know if swimwear is hidden under party clothing. A lot of people on here are concerned because of this we may not be getting pools in the base game.

So what part of TS4 are you working on?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited May 2014
    sims 4 clothing will there be an option for or sims to sleep in there underwear at night in the game and what kind of underwear will there be will there be tighty whities like in the sims3 and what is the clothes for male sims kids and teens as well as female sims kids and teens?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited May 2014
    Please include create a style.

My first Sims game was The Sims 3. I would never have gotten into the series if I hadn't seen create a style during the press conference at E3 in which it was shown off.

That made me see all of the possibilities, for me creating is the appeal of the game. This is something major. For someone like me who came into the series at 3, customization is what makes the Sims, the Sims. Not having it going forward would be missing out on something grand.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think the main concern is the world map open or is it closed?

I am curious can the makeup be customized individually or is it a series of presets?

I also wanted to know if the color wheel can be applied to the swatches so that players can in the very least get the color the want from the outfits?
  • catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2014
    Will we be able to have cars, driveways and garages?

Will there be universal aging and story progression, also will the world be open, closed or a mixture of both?

Last, will there be improved genetics so that a child will inhereit facial features from both parents instead of looking exactly like the parent of the same gender?

Will players be able to make and/or download custom content for the game on fansites like we can now.

If you can't answer a question now, but will be covering it at E3, please let us know.
  • SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Graham!

Love your new avatar!

Please please please let us have baby showers and baby clothes for our babies with LIMBS! Out of all the things I've talked about wanting for 4, this is what I want the most. Just imagine cute little onesies with plumbobs on them!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lovecat, I appreciate your intent here, but I think it's too broad. Focus in on something specific.

Telling people to put in anything is just going to muck up this thread. This is a good idea, but Graham and company are really busy, I would think this close to e3. *shrugs* it's your thread, but I'd narrow the focus.

As to my concerns...I don't have any. What I don't like so far, I'm sure it can fix with custom content skins, eyes, & hair.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8