Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Swimwear?

Did anyone else notice that there was to swimwear option in the trailer? I looked on all the pics simsvip posted of that trailer and I did not see a swimwear category. Kind of think of it I did not see any pools either. Have they confirmed that there will be no pools or what?

Comments

• moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think maybe they might show us in the upcoming build/buy video they're going to put up, although they haven't confirmed a date for that one yet... As for swimwear they might show more CAS at E3... I'm hoping! :thumbup:
  • spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm assuming there will be, what about our sims with the never-naked trait? They certainly won't be wearing Pj's! :mrgreen:
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    It is strange that there is no option in CAS for swimwear at all. I'm sure it could be added but I would have thought that they'd have the categories all in whether or not they have items in them, instead of having to rearrange the icons to put one in.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited May 2014
    They may have just combined it with athletics.
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:

I hope not? It might be fine to see sims working out in a bikini but I'd rather not see them swimming in track suits and sneakers.
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:

I hope not? It might be fine to see sims working out in a bikini but I'd rather not see them swimming in track suits and sneakers.

You realize it is fully possible to have multiple outfits per category, it was in Sims 3 and will likely be in Sims 4. Also the game could just as easily differentiate between if a sim is in the gym or a pool.
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited May 2014
    If they left that out, I won't be happy. :( But still a long way to go for release.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Celiria wrote:

You realize it is fully possible to have multiple outfits per category, it was in Sims 3 and will likely be in Sims 4. Also the game could just as easily differentiate between if a sim is in the gym or a pool.
    I didn't see the ability to set multiple outfits in the trailer either.
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Celiria wrote:

You know what I just realized, I only saw 6 traits in the trailer... oh god the Sims 4 must only have 6 traits for the entire game. Oh wait no that kind of assumption would be stupid. It was a brief demo not an in depth look at every single bit, piece, and feature of the create a sim. Them not showing something doesn't mean it's not there.
  • MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2014
    At the very beginning of the video, it's at the 13 second mark there's a male sim who looks like he's wearing swim trunks. Granted these could be gym shorts, but due to the color and the fact that he's wearing flip flops makes me think it's swimwear.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Celiria wrote:
    Celiria wrote:

You know what I just realized, I only saw 6 traits in the trailer... oh god the Sims 4 must only have 6 traits for the entire game. Oh wait no that kind of assumption would be stupid. It was a brief demo not an in depth look at every single bit, piece, and feature of the create a sim. Them not showing something doesn't mean it's not there.
    don't get smart, my assumption is just as good as yours. do you have the game? no. do you know what will be on there? no. I'm only going by what I see. calm down.
    edited May 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    Celiria wrote:
    Celiria wrote:

It's ok, Celiria, I am sure they'll have more than 6 traits, no need to get your panties in a wad. You know what I just realized? I didn't see anyone in this thread state they believed that swimwear wouldn't ever be included, just that as of now it obviously hasn't. It was observation, it is what is going on in many threads you may want to stay out of if you are so sensitive to suggestions, suppositions, speculation and observations and that is something is obviously upsets you.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited May 2014
    I rewatched the vid...and I think the only real clothing thing they showed was the styled looks thing. So maybe swimwear isn't a part of that and that's why we didn't see a swimwear category...unless I'm wrong of course.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~