Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

promised slideshow -- my finished castle using some things from latest set

A while back, I posted this pic in a thread, of a castle I would be building once I got the latest set, and some people expressed an interest in seeing more of my sims' castle when it was finished.

I made this slideshow for my daughter, who wants to see everything from several (every possible) angles, far away and close up, as well as a few pics with my sims living in the completed structure. So this slideshow caters to her wishes for LOTS of pics in (great) detail.

There may be a repeat pic or two. I tried to remove those, but there were quite a few to go through, and I might have missed a couple.

So, if you are interested in seeing this castle from every possible angle, and etc, view the slideshow below. (It will take you a while, but don't give up, because there is some good stuff near the end.) :D

newdomicile_zps08e2472a.jpg

http://s564.photobucket.com/user/amjoie/slideshow/Keldaeldopho%20Castle%20for%20DV?sort=9

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2014
    Your castle looks very nice ! :) Very exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the windows. The greenery on the exterior looks great. Great texture you have used for the exterior.. The front entrance area to the castle looks very nice! It looks nice how you have done the water features either side of the front pathway! The sculptures either side of the front steps area look great. Sims will have fun milking the cows and collecting eggs or playing with the chickens at their home. Great corner pond area. It looks great how you have done the barn. It looks great how you have placed the trail of spring riders leading up to the treehouse for child sims to have fun riding on. They will have fun climbing up and playing in the treehouse. Very nice dragon area where you have placed the rocks, toy dragon, and gems! The toy horses near the edge of the pond looks nice! The pirate boat spring riders look great in the ground pond! It is a great fun playground area for child sims! All sims will have fun on the swings. Great upper balcony patio for sims to enjoy doing star gazing using the telescope or painting on the easel. They would have great views from there! The throne nook there looks great . Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers there having a drink of lemonade, enjoying the sunshine and outdoors air. It looks great that you have placed the banners on the exterior and have the shields decor there. It suits a castle build well. Great firepit area on one of the balconies for sims to enjoy sitting around chatting and keeping warm. It looks very nice how you have done the glass windowed greenhouse! The type of windows you have used looks very nice! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. It is great how you have placed a sculpture water fountain in the middle of it, and placed the plants around it! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks great how you have done the staircases! The sitting feature with the flowers, sculpture and candle lights in the middle of it at the base of the staircases in the foyer looks very nice! It looks great how you have placed the bookcases there in the foyer . Nice sitting areas for sims to relax and have a read of a book. The floor mat patterns are nice.Nice table tennis area for sims to have fun playing whilst enjoying the sunlight coming in through the window and the nice surroundings of the greenery plants. Very nice study desk nook corner area! It looks great how you have done the corner of desk tables and have placed a number of study chairs and computers there for many of the sims family members to use a computer or have a read of a book at the same time together . The books decor on the corner is a nice touch. It looks nice how you have placed pictures on the walls of the passages for sims to see as they walk pass. Very nice master bedroom! The shade of raspberry that you have used there looks very nice. Very nice sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing on the sofas or rocking chairs in front of the fireplace, listening to music from the gramophone. The pattern on the floormat looks very nice. The flowers on the fireplace ledge are nice fir sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there.. Very nice boat themed children's bedroom! It looks so very nice! It looks great that you have used the boat themed bed there and have the surf waves pattern on the wall. It looks nice how you have done the rocks and flowers there. The mermaids look nice placed there. The birds flying on the wall in the sky look nice. The boat steering wheel, the toy ship on the blue floor and the boat spring rider looks great there. It looks great how you have used the castle pieces there, The bedroom is very creatively done! Very nice castle themed girls bedroom! Nice shade of pink that you have used there. It looks nice how you have placed the crown drapes on the wall over the bed. It looks great how you have used different colours for the bunk beds in the bunk bedroom. The dragon picture on the wall looks great and suits the type of build. Great layout of the children's bedrooms area ! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms ! Nice restful colours shades of blue and whist that you have used in the nursery, Very nice ballroom! The type of seats and the placement of them on the side of the room looks very nice. Nice shade of purple that you have used for the seats. The flowers look pretty there. Sims will enjoy dancing there and having a drink from the bar . Sims will enjoy brewing up elixirs in the alchemy room on the alchemy station. Nice dining room . The type of dining seats that you have used looks nice. It looks nice that you have placed the purple floor mat under the dining table. Great design of and furnishing of the kitchen! Sims will enjoy preparing and cooking meals there ! Great island counter. The market stand and produce baskets look nice there. It is great that you have nectar racks there for sims to enjoy having a drink with their meals. Sims will enjoy preparing meals in the woodstove oven. The cake stand, bread sticks, cookie jar fruit bowl and other items on the counters are nice touches. It looks great that you have placed the coffee machine on the island counter. Very nice light filled rooms where sims can enjoy playing dominos, chess or do painting on the easel with sunlight coming in through the windows. Sims will enjoy looking out at the views . Very nice windowed sunny music room alcove! Sims will enjoy playing the different musical instruments together there.
    It is a very detailed , nicely built and furnished home! :)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    amjoie, I had a quick peek but I'm being harassed by small people at the moment and can't concentrate. I'm going to try and remember to have a proper look later when it's a bit calmer here. What I saw looks cute and quirky though! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! :shock: So much detail! So much WORK! It's truly impressive!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    stapeliadstapeliad Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! Really stunning work!
  • Options
    Moze1975Moze1975 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    This is absolutely stunning. I adore the landscaping and architecture. I hope you will be uploading it to the exchange!
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you, everyone. :D

It did take a long time to build the castle, with all the detail. But it was soooo much fun to do. And I love playing this kind of build. I'm all about eye candy. LOL

It's going to take me a long time to play test this one, though. My sims are still skilling so I can have him use the handy skill to make everything unbreakable/fireproof. And she has to learn how to cook well enough to make decent meals. Then they will have time to develop their relationship and marry. I plan to have them learn how to ride and tend to horses, next. Oh, and throw some parties, too. After that they need to start a family, and raise infants/toddlers to childhood before I can play test the children's room. Not to mention play testing all the adult stuff, in the meantime, and stocking the wine cellar. Sometime in there, they will need to vacation, and visit the future. Since I play the longest lifetimes or with aging off, so you can see it will be a long, long time before I can guarantee all is working as intended in their castle. I usually end up making a few minor adjustments, to suit game play. Anyway, don't look for the castle on the exchange anytime in the near future. ;)

@rosemow: That was a great review! I felt like I was walking through the castle right next to you, and "seeing" it through your eyes. It was fun to hear what caught your attention, and how you felt about what you noticed. I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was reading your review. I very much enjoyed our "visit" together. :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2014
    :shock: Wow stunning work amjoie. Its truly breath taking.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2014
    WOW!!! :shock:

I love, love, LOVE the kids' play area - the horses running the trail, the ships in the water...
    and the kids' room - what you did with the area around the ship...

AMAZING decorating ideas! Absolutely spectacular!!! :thumbup:
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    That is absolutely STUNNING. I am blown away by your creativity. The children's area is amazing. So very detailed. I watched the whole slideshow, and found myself thinking that this would be perfect for a story I'm currently in the beginning stages of creating.

If I might ask, which world did you build this in? It looks like it would fit perfectly in Dragon Valley. I look forward to they day when you decide to share it will us all! Thank you for sharing the pictures.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! :shock: That is truly amazing. I love all the little details - like the mice in the hay - the colors - just... everything. What a lot of work. It's lovely.
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2014
    Absolutely. Magnificent. Love it!
    Lots of work, time & detail is evident!
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2014
    TIf I might ask, which world did you build this in? It looks like it would fit perfectly in Dragon Valley.

It was built in Dragon Valley. I love DV. Of all the EA worlds, whether expansion or store, it is my favorite world.

This particular castle is for my DV King and Queen. I moved the commercial lot with the tall spires (I think it is a school?) to a 64 x 64 lot down in the valley. Then I changed the ridge lot to residential and built my sim's castle up on the ridge, so it overlooks the whole valley. It is a gorgeous view from the window by the ping pong table on second floor, and also from the firepit on the roof. A perfect location for a King and Queen's castle, overlooking their kingdom.

I will be building Elf homes, next, all clustered together in one area of the world. Then I will be making a clustered faerie area, with unique natural looking faerie homes. I'm not sure I will have room for regular sims in DV -- well, except for the EA generated NPCs, which I won't be changing.

As you can see in the pic, below, my DV King and Queen do have slightly pointed ears, so yes, it will most likely be an Elf/faerie world.

smallKTKside_zps4692ce77.jpg

• Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited May 2014
    What a cute castle! Great job.
  • Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    TIf I might ask, which world did you build this in? It looks like it would fit perfectly in Dragon Valley.

It was built in Dragon Valley. I love DV. Of all the EA worlds, whether expansion or store, it is my favorite world.

This particular castle is for my DV King and Queen. I moved the commercial lot with the tall spires (I think it is a school?) to a 64 x 64 lot down in the valley. Then I changed the ridge lot to residential and built my sim's castle up on the ridge, so it overlooks the whole valley. It is a gorgeous view from the window by the ping pong table on second floor, and also from the firepit on the roof. A perfect location for a King and Queen's castle, overlooking their kingdom.

I will be building Elf homes, next, all clustered together in one area of the world. Then I will be making a clustered faerie area, with unique natural looking faerie homes. I'm not sure I will have room for regular sims in DV -- well, except for the EA generated NPCs, which I won't be changing.

As you can see in the pic, below, my DV King and Queen do have slightly pointed ears, so yes, it will most likely be an Elf/faerie world.

smallKTKside_zps4692ce77.jpg

I thought so, it really is a stunning build. Definitely perfect for a King and Queen. If you decide you'd like to have others play test it for you, I'd be willing to do so, just let me know!

DV is one of my favorites as well, but Monte Vista is my all time favorite, mainly because it looks so similar to Twilight's Volterra, and I'm a huge fan LOL but also because I'm half Italian and something about it just sings to that part of me.