Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 game won't let me put in any other Sims 3 game disk than Master Suites stuff pack!!!!

Comments

• ShadesDragoniteShadesDragonite Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    macy20001 wrote:
    I've had the same sort of problem.
    Sims 3 island paradise and university won't install because it says i need to update my game but when i try and do it launcher says my game is up to date :?: :!: :?: :!: HELP!!!

Same here, I went to the forum made y that robotic looking guy for the 1.67 update, it worked then, but now it only ask for the island paradise disk, I only have the download for it...
  • kwarringkwarring Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    :evil: :evil:

Having the same problem! I bought University Life today and a window popped up saying it had installed. (I also have Island Paradise) So then I clicked play and it said 'No disk found please insert Island Paradise before proceeding' I am VERY disappointed with the sims 3!
  • KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited February 2014
    @Kwarring : This has been repeated so many times, You need to run the game with the LATEST disk. In your case Island Paradise. DO not run the game with the LATEST installed Pack. The game is engineered to run off the LATEST EXPANSION or STUFF PACK regardless of installation order.

sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • nwarkboinwarkboi Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I have the base game, world adventures, and ambitions. I installed in order, and tried to launch the game using Ambitions. And when I click play, the launcher just closes. The game doesn't lauch at all
  • miadavis13miadavis13 Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    well i have a similar problem i got new expansion packs for my bday (university and seasons) so first i installed university then seasons and the festival grounds wont show up on any of my worlds and i always have to put in my university because i then put in my seasons disk and tried playing it and it says to put in the university plzzz help someone???!!! :!: :!: :!: :(:(:(
  • KananiAkinaAGKananiAkinaAG Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    I bought the sims 3 seasons and into the future and i also have island paradise and generations but it wont play into the futrue or island paradise and im frustrated and it keeps telling me to insert seasons but no FUTURE OR ISLAND CONTENT!!!!! >:(
  • kimrcrkimrcr Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Disks like many others become old over time and stop working if my game only lets me use the sims 3 supernatural disk to play..them how will i play when that disk stops working? help me
  • chocolatefionachocolatefiona Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    I have the same problem so which one is it guys :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • Taylor9318Taylor9318 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I get that the latest EP out is the "Play disk" so to speak, but I have recently installed ambitions and I understand that I will have all the furniture and clothes from it but I want to play in the "life" of ambitions be able to acctually go inside the salon etc, if I use Sims Seasons like my computer wants I won't be able to do the things using the seasons disk as I would if I could use the ambitions disk.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited May 2014
    Taylor9318 wrote:
    I get that the latest EP out is the "Play disk" so to speak, but I have recently installed ambitions and I understand that I will have all the furniture and clothes from it but I want to play in the "life" of ambitions be able to acctually go inside the salon etc, if I use Sims Seasons like my computer wants I won't be able to do the things using the seasons disk as I would if I could use the ambitions disk.

You obviously don't get it. It's all one game - you don't play the features separately. Whatever you have installed, you have access to at any time.

To clarify using your example, the doors to the salon are not going to be locked because you started the game with another disk. Heck, if that was the case, I wouldn't have access to anything in my game since I use a no-CD mod that allows me to start my game without any disk whatsoever. The building is still the same building with the same interactions.
    It's just that now your Sim can step into the salon from out of the rain or snow. Your Sim can take shelter in the salon from scorching or subzero temperatures. *shrug*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited May 2014
    Basically you have to follow the installation order.
    So you put the latest released which is Into The Future.
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • hanhan66hanhan66 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2014
    i am having the same problem, i have the sims 3 base game and it is up to date and everything, but then no expansion packs with install, it just says i need sims 3 to be installed, which it is.. help please :(
  • berlyn11berlyn11 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I have the same problem!! Whenever I get like a new expansion pack... Like I had into the future before university and I bought university!! People are saying u have to use the newest game!! But university is older then into the future and it won't let me use my university game (I'm able to play it. But not use the disk :/) it only lets me use into the future!! So I can't see all the new loading screens that came with each expansion pack :/ HELPPPPP :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • maisylankfordmaisylankford Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I just bought show time and late night and installed them so when i go to play none of them are there i tried playing university by putting thst disk in as thats my newest game but it still doesnt work HELLPPPPP!!! :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(:(:(:(:(:(
  • gingermonaegingermonae Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    :evil: :evil: I need help im trying to install my sims3install disk and it wont let me cause of a thumbnail something like that and its a error I need help of what to do
  • TateTaylor96TateTaylor96 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    I need help! yesterday I just got university life and the seasons pack and I have installed university life and it worked fine. Then I tried to play the seasons one and it says that's installed but it wont let me play without having the university life in. but when that disc is in non of the stuff for seasons shows up in the game.... how di I fix this?
  • KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited July 2014
    @maisylankford: Your game is telling you to use the UNIVERSITY disk as that is the latest released expansion/stuff pack you own. All the content from Latenight and any other Expansion/stuff pack you have is still present in your game.

Edit: Removed rant.
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • purplesparklezpurplesparklez Posts: 15
    edited July 2014
    pagounis wrote:
    i have some what the same problem it wont let me create a sim it like takes all night and day
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :XD: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    As you know, my game takes REALLY short to create a Sim ,it ONLY takes 5 seconds or 1 minute.For the loading, my game takes 8 minutes to load!!!Thank God, mine loads REALLY fast!!!How about your game?? :D:D:D:D:D:):):):):) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mine takes barely any time to load. Loading up the game takes like 4 minutes and create a sim takes 30 seconds :):D:):D:):D
  • ElliErraticElliErratic Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    I used my friends Island Paradise to install and then I installed my Late Night and Super Natural and it asks me to enter the Island Paradise disc which I don't have :cry:

You have three options:

1) Uninstall it
    2) Buy your own
    3) Buy and install an EP or SP released after IP (Movie Stuff or Into the Future)

This is why you are supposed to buy your own copies.

"This is why you're supposed to buy your own copies"
    I used my sister's copy of island paradise and now I'm back at college and don't have the disk. This is literally the most ridiculous way to run a game company. One family should not have to buy two or three copies of a game in order to play it on more than one computer. No one wants to waste money like that. I'm about 100% sick of EA and their nonsense.
  • wind4dreamingwind4dreaming Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    My game is doing this also... and I realize that you have to insert the disk that is the latest update and mine would be into the future I am trying to insert the sims 3 only or the supernatural since these are the only three games of the sims that I have. My problem is that... I have recently moved.. and I lost my sims into the future game.... so I can not insert this into my computer to play.... I cant go out and buy a new game and I cant play any of my other games without this one... so Im not sure how to fix my problem... can anyone please help because I really just want to play my game that I spent a fortune on...
  • TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    I used my friends Island Paradise to install and then I installed my Late Night and Super Natural and it asks me to enter the Island Paradise disc which I don't have :cry:

You have three options:

1) Uninstall it
    2) Buy your own
    3) Buy and install an EP or SP released after IP (Movie Stuff or Into the Future)

This is why you are supposed to buy your own copies.

"This is why you're supposed to buy your own copies"
    I used my sister's copy of island paradise and now I'm back at college and don't have the disk. This is literally the most ridiculous way to run a game company. One family should not have to buy two or three copies of a game in order to play it on more than one computer. No one wants to waste money like that. I'm about 100% sick of EA and their nonsense.

If you have origin, it should be in the library. So you can just uninstall the disc and re-download the digital copy from Origin.
  • najamajette9najamajette9 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    My Sims 3 latest expansion pack game broke (University) :( Now i can't play even with my other expansion packs what do i do?? :cry::cry:
  • TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2014
    My Sims 3 latest expansion pack game broke (University) :( Now i can't play even with my other expansion packs what do i do?? :cry::cry:
    Check your origin, it should be a copy in there and download the digital copy :)
  • ROH3799ROH3799 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hi I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS!!!!
    1. A few weeks ago i bought the sims 3 starter pack which came with the sims 3 late night and high end loft stuff. I can get Late night to work but i cant get high end loft stuff to work PLEASE HELP how do i get it to work? :mrgreen: :roll:

2. I also bought the sims 3 Island paradise and its working then a few weeks later i bought Seasons when i installed it, it worked then i wanted to play it so i pressed play. It said "no disk found! Please insert the simstm3 Island Paradise game disk before proseeding. WHAT DO I DO??!!??!!??!!??!!
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Then you do what the game asks, which is put in the Island Paradise disk. Why in 2014 are people still not understanding this. The latest Expansion Pack or Stuff pack that was released by EA, NOT when you bought it, but WHEN EA released it is what you use to play with and all the content from every previous pack you had installed will still be there and work seamlessly as one.

For example you bought Into the Future then Seasons then University, you install them all. But since Into the Future was released AFTER the other two you play with that disk. If you don't want to travel to the future then DON'T, I don't I just keep it installed for the objects. DON'T accept the opportunity when the Time Traveler shows up, click on the portal, send him back then sell the portal or move it to your inventory. You will still have weather in the game AND be able to go to University using the Into the Future disk, once you have them installed you can't choose to play only Seasons and nothing else, they all run TOGETHER!!!!