Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Pamhamlet, glad you saw them, I harvested the carrot and sold it and did not see it big in their hands at any time, so I might have to google it to see what exactly I must do too actually see that, she has a big lettuce in her inventory now, so I will keep it there for safekeeping until I figure this one out for you :)

Henwen you can always suggest it at the store thread, who knows perhaps they will make it for us as store content LOL, Do you want me to try and get a close up for them so you can use that pic when you ask?
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited May 2014
    PirateJandcats these are the only old woman with cats LOL Hope the one you want is here

I think it was unleashed that gave the new neighbourhoods because all the extra houses and community lots are unleashed themed

The Goth Sr family

Omg this was them! First the two cats had a kitten, then the old people had a baby xDDD Thanks for the screenshots.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm loving comparing things in Sims 1 with those in Sims 3. And some of these pix are hilarious! Was that the Yeti? :lol:
    edited May 2014
    So glad it was them PirateJandcats, I might play them one day for that baby and kitten LOL

Its amazing how many things there is here that is in sims 3 hey Lanlyn :) The Yeti is a friendly little snowmonster that hugs kids and keep them entertained while you are on holiday in the snowy parts. It does not interact much with adults though, just kids. I love the little dance it does as well hehehe

Well I need to find another photo hosting site if I want to keep on posting pics, as I nearly reached my 10gb for this month on photobucket, any suggestions ?

Capture_zps871e4bbc.png

And here is a close up of that lights for you Henwen

1_zpsff21f7f0.png
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2014
    awesome. Thank you for showing the mascots.
    :) Smile!

edited May 2014
    Puddinroy wrote:
    awesome. Thank you for showing the mascots.

Its a pleasure :)

I registered with Imgur apparently they are good, so hopefully I can figure out how they work and post some pics for you guys soon :mrgreen:
    edited May 2014
    jm7VrNa.png

I have tried everything now and can't seem to carry a giant vegetable or push it in a cart, so if anybody knows how to do that, please let me know, even google is coming up empty handed :?

Ok so back to our vacation, I placed some foot bowls and furnished a room in the beach hotel to cater for Hunter so she can stay a bit longer this time, I better change all the lots one day to accompany pets :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2014
    Here are some beach holiday pics, more to come of the beach since there is lots to do, once she is done with her holiday she will start working on that superstardom again :D

GgbUiUu.png

8Gmpyyd.png

8nAbNJk.png

xWD1uPr.png

huhtjNN.png

QHNYRCo.png

HIcYvNf.png

5LChWaD.png

isO24fy.png

DofzgTU.png

edited May 2014
    and so ends her holiday :) Now its back to reality, she will try and become a 5 star celebrity :wink:

tqkK3BR.png

aWwfoz7.png

Q0Cr1UA.png

t2mmXEX.png

iPEy24z.png

JWnYpJc.png

Three pics in one to save space LOL
    OXW1sn1.png

bd8smHM.png

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd: I hope you're having as much fun playing Sims 1 as I am looking at the screenshots. You're doing a lot of work! :-)

Henwen: I just wanted to post a couple of Sims 3 shots showing how I strung lights between lamp posts, columns, etc. It doesn't look exactly like the posts in Sims 1, but has the same type of effect. If you use the "moveobjects on" cheat, you can get the lights right next to the posts. Just be sure to turn the cheat off after you're done. You can also adjust the heights by holding down the ctrl key.

Here's a pic of lights I put up awhile back in the Moonlight Falls park. These are the Bohemian lights.:

original.jpg

And here's just an example of some other wall lights I have in shorter lengths:

original.jpg
  • HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    So glad it was them PirateJandcats, I might play them one day for that baby and kitten LOL

Its amazing how many things there is here that is in sims 3 hey Lanlyn :) The Yeti is a friendly little snowmonster that hugs kids and keep them entertained while you are on holiday in the snowy parts. It does not interact much with adults though, just kids. I love the little dance it does as well hehehe

Well I need to find another photo hosting site if I want to keep on posting pics, as I nearly reached my 10gb for this month on photobucket, any suggestions ?

Capture_zps871e4bbc.png

And here is a close up of that lights for you Henwen

Aw......gee, thanks! They were so pretty at night.
    I just may use your suggestion. :D

1_zpsff21f7f0.png
    edited May 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    mcrudd: I hope you're having as much fun playing Sims 1 as I am looking at the screenshots. You're doing a lot of work! :-)

Henwen: I just wanted to post a couple of Sims 3 shots showing how I strung lights between lamp posts, columns, etc. It doesn't look exactly like the posts in Sims 1, but has the same type of effect. If you use the "moveobjects on" cheat, you can get the lights right next to the posts. Just be sure to turn the cheat off after you're done. You can also adjust the heights by holding down the ctrl key.

Here's a pic of lights I put up awhile back in the Moonlight Falls park. These are the Bohemian lights.:

original.jpg

And here's just an example of some other wall lights I have in shorter lengths:

original.jpg

I skimmed through this page so fast that I missed this!
    I do have the Bohemian lights and did string them as best I could between some lamp posts but didn't know that I could adjust the height! Thanks!
    Also, those lights in your second shots - are those from UL?
    edited May 2014
    Oh, and mcrudd - I used to love that beach lot. Loved the carnival games and have missed those as well.
    How do you keep your TS1 Sims energy up?
    I had such a hard time with that. I used a lot of mods for TS1 and a lot were from Simlogical. I bet the other sites are long gone.
    I had one of the TS1 shower objects from somewhere that was black and when the Sim took a shower their needs were maxed. I used that shower all the time.
    edited May 2014
    Lanlyn that looks super, wow I never thought of doing that, I do use moo a lot with building, I prefer to use the cheat and once I placed the object immidiately follow it with the off cheat. I will most certainly do that when I play sims 3 again. I can now play it without a cd since my making magic cd is in my cdrom.

Henwen that is my favourite one, I love it too, I always wished that my sim could swim in the ocean part of it, but they never did :( To keep energy up while away from the house I have them napping everywhere LOL to keep it up at home is easy ... I use move_objects on and delete the sim, then click on their face and they re apear all moods in green :D I have my cc on a disk, but I did not put it in, I used to love simlogical, I have the minicity thingy and the cows, chickens and crocs I think it was hehehe. Such fun :)

So now I am stuck with my superstardom, I need 2 celebrity friends, making friends in sims 1 is so difficult, so I thought we should look into magic again and get a potion or charm or something to force friendship, so at this moment I am googling making magic recipes, found a nice site, and I copied and pasted it into word document. Will read through that and then load my game to magic up some celebrity friends :D
    edited May 2014
    So this was my game play with superstar, but I had to stop now so I can do a bit of magic on relationships, while I was loading my game I remembered something interesting that a person could do with a cheat in the unleashed neighbour hood screen and I did it, can you guys look at that pic and guess what I did LOL ???

QQ1hkr5.png

Cj7UVRN.png

0VJuckw.png

mC1dwkR.png
    edited May 2014
    Oh well that was an experience :shock: Clarissa burned to a crisp (don't worry I did not save) she was enchanting the gnomes, I just love them when they are alive when one caught on fire and then the ones next to it and she was caught, I told her to move but she did not :( Atleast I exited without saving so she is ok now :mrgreen:

JoTEG0C.png

RwIG1Zz.png

e7Y9IQ2.png

GcIzW6Q.png

H8rFGoa.png

BHxrbK4.png

gyzygGC.png

ETjsLZk.png

CtGwRah.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    I never played Sims 1 or 2 but they look like so much fun... Gosh I was missing out! :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited May 2014
    I never played Sims 1 or 2 but they look like so much fun... Gosh I was missing out! :lol:

I think sims 1 will always have a special place in my heart :)
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014

Hi Kate! The whole Sims series is incredibly fun, regardless of their limitations and/or graphics quality. I would heartily recommend getting and playing Sims 1 and Sims 2 if you can. :)

@mcrudd: That's okay about the vegetables. Thanks for trying. Hmmm, I will see what I can find out about those. :mrgreen:

Well I couldn't resist any longer - I reinstalled my complete Sims1 set! :D I played all last night. I started with the Newbie Household Tutorial and boy, is it awkward to get used to working the controls. I kept wanting to swoop my mouse around with the 360-degree camera angles, and zoom in and out with my mouse wheel. :lol: Ha! No such luck! But I'm slowly starting to get the hang of it again. Sure feels weird, though. But I love this game!

I checked my computer's performance---normally when I'm playing Sims 3 with all EPs and Store stuff, it uses about 75-80% of my computer's memory. However, with all Sims 1 EPs installed, only 30% of memory is being used! :P

If you don't mind, here are a few pics I took playing the Newbies. I was playing around with in-game picture sizes, so please disregard any pic differences:

After completing the tutorial, I did a simple remodel of their house to try out the build tools. (Yes, I used the rosebud cheat!) :mrgreen: Essentially, I made the whole front room (which used to be their kitchen) into a living room. I turned their back patio into a new kitchen, and upgraded some appliances and furniture.
    Newbie_1_0000_zpseb379b48.jpg

Newbie_1_0001_zps9a4f4d2a.jpg

Of course, the Goths were the first to visit. Neither Bob nor Betty got along with Mortimer or Bella very much. :P I learned that Bob and Betty start off without any interests; therefore, they don't like anything that's talked about. A game tip popped up saying that when you take Sims Downtown, it can add to/change their interests! I never knew that! But sure enough, once they went Downtown, they got a whole bunch of random interest points added.
    Newbie_1_0002_zpsc3796720.jpg

Here Bob and Betty enjoy eating eclairs at a coffeehouse in Old Town.
    Newbie_1_0003_zpsc9519f64.jpg

When they got home, Betty was exhausted and in a bad mood so she went right to bed. Bob slept on the couch because he and Betty don't have high enough relation points yet to sleep in the same bed. Then the Tragic Clown arrived! :shock:
    Newbie_1_0004_zps45324a44.jpg

He kept going into the bedroom to wake Betty up by doing bird tricks and juggling. He just kept crying and crying and making a nuisance! Poor Betty needed sleep and kept asking him to leave, but he wouldn't. Then I noticed...there was a picture of the Tragic Clown on the wall! I deleted it and he finally left. Whew! :P
    Newbie_1_0005_zpse4f4a4a5.jpg

All I can say is, it has been so FUN playing Sims1 again! This game is packed full of stuff to see and do. It's just amazing...even now, the same as it was back then 14 years ago. 8)

Eta: I wanted to add that in the picture above with Mortimer and Bella Goth---on the wall above the kitchen counter you can see a cuckoo clock. It actually works! It makes tick-tock sounds, the pendulum swings, and the little cuckoo bird comes out at each hour to call the time! Adorable! :D

Also...it looks like you get better quality pics if you use "printscreen" like you did mcrudd, instead of using the in-game camera.
    edited May 2014
    Yay. Another simmer to share sims 1!!! :)
    I forgot about the tragic clown lol. He is awesome. I Hope you can figure out the veggies, lol I tried and could not. Hahahaha know what you mean about mouse control. I still do it and play everyday . Ooh something interesting I found. Enter this cheat rosebud !;!; and hold down enter the money goes up until you let go of enter. I hope that is right lol I am lying in bed now lol. Hubby left for work and I am battling to fall asleep again heehehe
    edited May 2014
    Yeah the ingame camera is blurry. I tried seeing settings for it, but could not. Wait I am gonna get out of bed and make a cuppa while my computer comes on. Hehehehe zo excited now that you are playing too
    edited May 2014
    I will share any of the helpful links I find here with you, Yay I am so excited that you are also playing, its gonna make it so much more fun now. http://au.ign.com/faqs/2003/the-sims-expansion-three-pack-volume-two-spell-recipe-faq-458964 this is very handy when you start doing spells and charms, that is where I saw the enchant spell, just love seeing those little gnomes running around and getting drunk in my grape press LOL. Love what you did with the house it looks great :) I will load my game and test the cheat method quickly, I can't find that link since I did not save it.

brrr winter has truly arrived, I will have to put the heatpump on lol
    edited May 2014
    Ok so I tested the cheat and here is how it works.
    You type rosebud then make a space and then type !;!; and another space, the last space is very important, then you hold down your enter button on your keyboard and wolla lots of money until you let go of it :mrgreen:

jhgD5lD.png

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/195206-playing-sims-in-windowed-mode/ I play in windowed mode too, so I can use the snipping tool to do the screen capturing instead of having to hit the print screen button and going into paint to get the screen :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for that link--I bookmarked it.

You may also enjoy reading this Sims 1 Game Guide:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/917885-the-sims-makin-magic/faqs/26688

It is chock full of everything there is to know about the Sims 1. Don't let the title fool you, it covers ALL Sims1 EPs, not just Makin' Magic, including great tips from other players.

Yes, it's fun sharing, mcrudd! :)

Oh...in that neighborhood view picture you showed, I saw that Nessie swam by! Did you use the "Nessie" cheat? lol ;)
    edited May 2014
    Yip that is right, I love that cheat LOL its so cool, I could not remember if it was sims 1 or 2 so tried it anyways :)

I have moved Clarissa and Hunter into the mansion now, so I can have all my magic items in a big room with lots of smoke detectors LOL don't want another fire on my hands again. So I will build for about another hour then I need to take my son to his rugby match, so not so much simming today, I am gonna be sooooo tired this afternoon, I am not a morning person and now I have been up since 5am because of sims 1 excitement :lol:

I saved that link to a word document just incase it dissapears of the internet :wink: