Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited May 2014
    Haha I love it! Hope you don't mind the clones and Mortimers love! Hehe :D

Also... What is with the random bear going into your garbage? :lol: I have never seen that before. :shock:
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited May 2014
    LBell wrote:

Also... What is with the random bear going into your garbage? :lol: I have never seen that before. :shock:

That's Claire the Bear, she raids your garbage can and if memory serves me correctly kind of walks on tiptoes like.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    LBell wrote:
    Haha I love it! Hope you don't mind the clones and Mortimers love! Hehe :D

Aww they are fine, its Bella I am worried about hehehe, I will ignore him for a while and hopefully the relationship will just die out :)

Zolt65 wrote:
    That's Claire the Bear, she raids your garbage can and if memory serves me correctly kind of walks on tiptoes like.

I love Claire the Bear she is so cute, tip toeing and stealing lol just don't like the mess she leaves behind :lol:
    edited May 2014
    Clarissa is visiting magic town a bit, well now she is home, she is tired. But this is what she did, lol oh and she got some help around the house :mrgreen:

1_zpse627927f.png

2_zps43195359.png

3_zps70cc2aca.png

4_zps7cf5a3ba.png

5_zpsb4e95a4d.png

6_zpsb1daa6ed.png

8_zps63a155cf.png

7_zpsa180f2ab.png
    edited May 2014
    Magic town again, she so needs to work on skills, I will do that first lol but tomorrow, enough simming for today

a_zpsf72ad5a3.png

b_zps5bbbe4e6.png

e_zpsaee9ff0f.png

c_zps07db2bde.png

f_zpse6675a82.png

d_zps572c9842.png

g_zps017f8864.png
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited May 2014
    If your interested, I got the Sims Original Complete, used on Amazon for $20.00 USD. I have it on my laptop which is only a dual core with integrated graphics and it runs fine (too weak for Sims 3).

It's a great game, but it's hard. I have been playing one game since November and my Sim is still only at 4.5 stars celebrity. I just cannot get him up to 5 stars.

Those stupid needs and the Sims never get a day off... Lots of fun, for a cheap price. If you're interested keep checking Amazon and eBay.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    Still enjoying the screenshots! I can see how Sims 3 has recreated some of the earlier things from Sims 1. :-)
  • Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    edited May 2014
    What a great thread! The memories! :-D Hot Date and Superstar were my favourite EP's for the TS1 series! I can't imagine playing now and my sims not aging up! Weird!

Bookmarked!
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh wow... I haven't played Sims 1 since 2001 when I moved from Guam. I never found all of my install disks after the move. I had every expansion. I think the very last expansion I got caused the game to sort of break for me and it wouldn't run anymore- although I might be confusing it with Sims 2..

I used to make custom content for Sims 1. I made L-shaped stairs, a table that matched the formica counters, and some matching chairs... All long gone now, sadly. I backed everything up on floppy disks and they were unreadable after the move.

There were so many things in the game that I completely forgot about. I hope Sims 4 brings back more of the Sims 1 fun.
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited May 2014
    I still remember when Sims was just those 4 houses or whatever, and I was utterly surprised and excited when I bought the ep (can't remember which) that suddenly had a whole town. I also loved talking to the faeries when I was little, but now the supernaturals annoy me because they're all too nice. I too though couldn't play sims 1 anymore, I need my life stages xD
    I do remember though, I played a premade old couple and I found sims so hard, but this old woman's cat had a kitten, and then the old woman had a baby and I was so happy, then the social worker took it away and I was so sad. If you see the old couple, take a screenshot please.
    edited May 2014
    LOL I agree Chimark sims 3 is much easier to keep a sim happy, I have resorted to move_objects on and deleting the sim to get all the needs in green again, they are constantly hungry and have bladder needs. And not being able to tell pets what to do, is making care of pets hard as well lol

So glad you are still enjoying the screenies Lanlyn, and while playing sims 1 I realise the same, so much of sims 1 has been recreated into sims 3 and mostly to the store content LOL

So glad you are enjoying the thread Kaela, I will be using cheats to get my sim's skills all maxed today, not that many to do and then I will go and explore magic for a while, since she is visiting magic town at this moment and once done there she can try and become a celebrity, so keep on watching this thread :)

Hi Suceress its good catching up with our block pixel simmies lol. I used to create for sims 2, I was known as simaholic on insimenator and did mostly baby clothes and baby hair recolours :D I only had silly dial up during sims 1 and it was so limited that I basically just went online to register my games, so did not even know of creating back then :)

Oh yes I remember that PirateJandcats, I can't remember which expansion it was either, but that was a nice suprise when we had all the other houses, I will look out for the old couple when I load my game just now and screenie them for you if I find it. And my babies always got taken until I realised I could move the crib around with my sim in build mode so that I could tend to the baby as it cries.

So today I will be skilling up my sim for future magic and superstar game play. Not sure how many screenies today, but if something interesting happens then I will be sure to capture it and share it with you all, thanks so much all for supporting my sims 1 thread and letting me know what you would like to see :)
    edited May 2014
    PirateJandcats these are the only old woman with cats LOL Hope the one you want is here :mrgreen:

I think it was unleashed that gave the new neighbourhoods because all the extra houses and community lots are unleashed themed :wink:

The Goth Sr family
    1_zps00f42589.png

2_zps085eaa52.png

3_zps3eb7d6e8.png

The Kat family
    4_zps71460fab.png

5_zps4c770f07.png

6_zps2482eec2.png
    edited May 2014
    Clarissa has now maxed her skills, she has also grown another huge vegetable. Hunter has more hunting skills now, so is keeping the bunnies away for a change. She did much better in the magic show as well and has 75 golden magic coins now :D

e_zps9bff742e.png

d_zpsa217e526.png

b_zps709fb26b.png

c_zpse3805a0f.png

a_zps7ba7d2c9.png
    edited May 2014
    Well I decided that Magic involves much too much too do first, so Superstardom will be first on the menue for Clarissa :mrgreen:

1_zpsdd47ea1d.png

2_zpsec883fb3.png

3_zpsf31f2380.png

4_zps60afe7f5.png
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2014
    This thread put a smile on my face after a tiring day :mrgreen: .
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    Have you noticed that some of those flowers look like the Bohemian Garden tulips and wildflowers? :-o
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2014
    cool.

How about the vacation mascots?
    :) Smile!

• HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much for these mcrudd! <3

It was the house I chose my couple to move into that was in your original post. I chose that same lady too and her PJ's. LOL
    I remember having a horrible time with the game, I had no idea how to even use a PC. My daughter got me the game for my birthday and neither of us knew what we were doing. I had given my male Sim very few 'Actives' because we thought that meant he would be doing sports all the time. LOL So the guy was always tired and angry. :lol:
    I also remember using that that berber carpet in all of the rooms because nothing matched with anything in that game. That is one reason why I begged my husband to teach me how to download cc. He had no idea about that either but figured it out for me.
    The problem I had most was the money issue. That house had one tiny bedroom that could only fit a single bed, and there was barely any money for a dining table - I had to use a desk for them to eat on. I called my daughter because she mentioned a cheat to get more money and she said she couldn't give it to me. I think she thought cheating was illegal and couldn't divulge such a thing. Heehee I bugged her for the cheat and finally could enjoy the game and add onto that teeny house a bit more.

I didn't have all of the EP's, I had Hot Date, Unleashed, and Vacation. I don't remember if I had anymore. I loved Vacation.
    I tried playing the game a couple of years ago, just for fun and the base game was pretty easy. I noticed it was Hot Date that made it more difficult keeping a relationship going. I've always missed the restaurants in TS3. In TS1 the Sims took their time out on a date or having a lunch with a friend. It wasn't eat and run or go into a rabbit hole.

There are so many things I could mention here, I could go on and on, but what I would love a pic of are the Vacation Spots and the lady named Claire Charming (?) or Darling? I can't remember. I played her and thought she was so cute, I think she had a dog. She came from the extended neighborhood with Unleashed.

Oh, and thank you for the pic of the Hicks. I loved to hate them and make them miserable. :D
    edited May 2014
    Aww glad to make you smile Zorba :)

Oh my goodness Lanlyn you are so right, I will plant a couple of different ones and take pics so we can see :)

I think Clarissa would love a holiday right about now Puddinroy so we can sent her on one soon then I will get you pics of the mascots :D

Hi Henwen, I will take a pic of Claire Charming (I think) for you and Puddinroy asked for vacation pics too, so Clarissa will go on a nice holiday once I am ready to play again, at the moment I am making supper for my hungry family, once I got the oven going I will load my game :wink:
    edited May 2014
    I have nine pics ready, but photobucket is down for maintanance, sorry guys, will take more pics and do a bumper upload later :mrgreen:
    edited May 2014
    Photobucket is back online :mrgreen: ok so I have the flowers, charming family and the trip to the winter vacation lot :wink:

1_zps667c8c58.png

2_zps013e8bdb.png

3_zps185a71b6.png

4_zps79fb24ff.png

5_zps357b6302.png

6_zps0a47a080.png

7_zpsdc2125ab.png

9_zpsbf7787cc.png

8_zps300890e4.png

edited May 2014
    Winter vacation :)

1_zpsa2313a3f.png

2_zps4a6caf2e.png

3_zps5217fab9.png

4_zps9e3f8df6.png

5_zpsc60a0a4b.png

6_zps144c3977.png

7_zpsd84f3dec.png

8_zpsb65e0caa.png

9_zps368c813c.png
    edited May 2014
    Last one for tonight guys :mrgreen: So my first pic is interesting, does that name look familiar to you all :wink: Just had to go home so little Hunter won't die, none of the places she stayed had a way to feed the poor little guy. So I needed to go home so I can replenish all their needs, she will go to the beach next time :)

1_zps6bd1aed8.png

2_zps80eaa53d.png

3_zps29d96c73.png

4_zps85e8f1dc.png

5_zps831a9843.png

6_zps66ae0270.png

7_zpscaa9cebb.png

8_zps9d4ab926.png

9_zpsb74a15af.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oooohh! I saw the giant vegetables growing! Thank you, mcrudd. Did you get a pic of a Sim carrying a giant vegetable? It's been so long since I've seen that. All these pictures look so fun--thanks for doing this thread. I have my whole Sims1 set put away in a box in my closet. I should reinstall this game and play it again. Fun times! :D
  • HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much mcrudd for taking this time to play your game and give us these wonderful screenshots.
    I loved taking my Sims to the larger winter lot. I loved the decor - the bear rug, the stoney fireplace and the log furniture. I made that large one specifically with a Christmas theme. I put all the Christmas decorations I could on that lot and customized the music that played through the speakers with my favorite Christmas music.

I forgot we had the snowboarding and the archery then too. I forgot about the toboggan thingy altogether.
    I noticed those street lamps! I loved the ones that strung together with the little white lights between them. I would like them to be in TS3, but I doubt that would be added as the game is coming to an end,