Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, they are. I tried to go back further in my saves but I must not have it installed any more.

I might install all the stuff I think it might be and open up some others to try and find out what they were. I've very curious now. :lol:
  • RenateDRenateD Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2014
    :lol: Haha, funny to hear that it made you curious too!
    But don't let it take up too much of your time now :-)

Edit:
    Could they have been side tables? They have a name like "The Almost Perfect Side Table" and a (high) price of § 2,000 each. The name could be different, because I just translated it literally from Dutch. :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited May 2014
    Could you put the Lots from the Save file into Beach City or upload them so I can place them? I can't seem to get your save to work even though I have all Expansions and Stuff packs.
    edited May 2014
    NM I got it working now, not sure what was going on but all is good. :-)
    edited May 2014
    Do you use mods?
    With a certain mod the save didn't work for me, but without it it works fine. It was just 1 mod that was the problem.
    cc can also be a problem, I noticed.

Edit: you were a little earlier with posting :wink:
    Sometimes you just have to try again and then it works :-)

LOL! I just saw that you posted about 2,5 hours earlier. I probably didn't notice there was a new page after refreshing... :oops:
    edited May 2014
    Yes I use Mods, which Mod was if for you? When I tried to load it well it crashed my game. :-(
    edited May 2014
    For me that was KT_StoreFix_Fixes_All.package.
    I used this one just to be sure there were no routing issues etc with store objects, but now I'll just have to do without it :wink:

I actually renamed my Sims 3 folder, so that with a new game it would regenerate. And in that one I installed Beach City and everyting from the Store I wanted to use. After that I just added things and mods, meanwhile checking if it still worked.
    I also did this, because with the old Sims 3 folder my bought Store items wouldn't show in game. Don't know why but they showed up when I made a new Sims 3 folder. This resulted in a much smaller Sims 3 folder, with a working launcher and without a lot of crappy 3rd party cc which I really needed to stop using :wink:

You can also take out all mods and add them one by one and check if it works after each one for instance.

Good luck!
    edited May 2014
    Excuse my double post, but I just have to "complain" that your sim Saraphina Sable is autonomously stealing beautiful decorations in your world...! :wink:

Such a shame of this beautiful world!

Honestly, I am kinda glad there is a possibility to return them :D
  • gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited May 2014
    Really beautiful world Rflong7. I have been waiting to download it for ages and finally downloaded it today and I haven't stopped playing since.

It is so detailed and wonderfully made. I haven't had a single glitch, it is playing perfectly.

You are such a talented builder - pat yourself on the back :)
    edited May 2014
    Hi :D

@RenateD- Thanks! :mrgreen:
    Lol~ Saraphine will do that. She loves pretty things. ;)

@gypsy54- Thanks! I'm so glad you like it. :mrgreen:
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2014
    According to the list of store items on the exchange page, you used the Youth of Fountain from Hidden Springs. If this true, where did you hide that bad boy? Either A) hid it far too well or B) I'm just completely missing it's obvious location.
    edited May 2014
    Hi, PR :mrgreen:

It's hiding in the middle campgrounds. -it better be. :D
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2014
    For realziez? I looked there. Lol! There are a lot of trees though, so I'll take another look.
    edited May 2014
    Hi Rflong,

Still loving your world :D , but my sims have problems getting from the main part (center) to the part with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 home etc.
    They try to go by boat but turn around each time they start and end up on the same land again. And then they do that again and again and...
    No problem for the sims I play with, 'cause I found out if they have their own favorite motorcycle (or maybe also car), they'll use that.

But, I noticed that there is never a store employee in the Elixir Store, so I can't buy anything there. Ever... I thought this might have to do with the same routing issue, so I placed a subway station by the road, not too far from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Home and another lot. Regular sims come and visit the lot more often now, but still no employee... I tried "resetsim *" but that didn't help either.

Can you help me with this please? Else I have to place an elixir store on the main land, but I really like yours and want to use that one...
    I hope you have a solution for me, or anyone else for that matter.
    Thanks in advance!

Renate
    edited May 2014
    Hi, Renate :)

It's EA routing and where the Elixir shop worker lives. It's probably the Sim that's going in circles in the boat- which is EA routing and not a spawner or plant or anything in their way with the water taxis.

What you'll have to do is keep deleting the Elixir Shop Sim until the game places one that can get there.

I just started up Beach City and a Sim showed up for the Elixir shop- it's so weird how they can and can't in different saves. :(

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yep - It has never been an issue in my game that I have been playing since the final came out. I do know it did that in a previous version when we were testing this world - I think it was version 2 - but have not seen it happen at all anywhere in the finished version. Also EA did lousy planning for routing in their water taxi and any body of water that is not as deep as the taxi seems to want is an issue. I am having an awful time with the water taxi as well as the big motor boats in another world I am testing even in the ocean area because the world was mostly made before IP and apparently the taxi needs deeper water than even a HB needs as it won't even move in this other world. EA's mistake is allowing the water taxi to show up in any water - as even EA's own fish spawner can block the silly thing and create that loop effect the poster reported. But at least in my BC game I am not having issues with the water taxi's as I made sure every household has it's own car, bikes, or motorcycle and it seems I hardly ever see anyone using a water taxi. The subways and other teleports are not always helpful by the way as generally NPCs won't use them so depending on them is also pretty useless seeing it is NPCs that run the registers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited May 2014
    Thanks Rflong, I was just thinking of that myself. I will try resetting the lot and hope another sim will find his way to man the register.

Writin_Reg, I wish the same for my BC... so I can give everyone their own vehicle.
    But how about the NPC's? I can't give them vehicles and if they don't use the subways or the llama's (is that what the teleport things are called? I mean the red phoneboots :wink: )
    Anyway, I'd love to hear from you which steps to take before I start playing the world, so I can prevent these problems.

Thanks very much in advance :)
    edited May 2014
    Hi :D

What world are you testing, WR~ Is it a large world?

I know it's not the fish spawners or the plants in the water in BC.

When testing for the problems of taxis after the release I removed all the plants, all the fish, all the plants between the lake and the swamp area to test- It didn't matter if nothing was in the way, if the game engine was allowed to decide how to send a Sim water taxis from the lake to the swamp it would do the the circle. Nothing in the way, no problems blocking it.
    If I clicked on the land, or the road or anything besides the lot icon for a Sim to travel to the Swamp from the lake- no problem. The taxis took them right to that spot.

It isn't the fish spawners or plants because the taxis have no problems in Legacy Island 3 going into that small swamp area with plants and fish spawners all over. It's the game engine.

I watched a Taxi in SN world go in circles at the shore- Nothing in the way.
    edited May 2014
    Yeah - It's Quailhogs new one - Huntsborough. It's large - spread out. I already wrote what was happening with the water taxi in his thread. It's a real headache... otherwise the world itself plays mint. But he has a floating junk yard and so far my sim won't go there - which is a pain seeing I picked a self employed inventor and skin diver to test with. Figures.

Renato - I would just place the needed vehicles at every empty house. Then the ones that have sims move each household to the clip board - add a couple of modes of transport and move them back in. If they have little extra money just add bikes or the cheap skooters.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2014
    Still loving Beach City.I just adore the farming areas I usually prefer suburbs or city but they just have some much charm in this world. I am working on a third update to Hang 10. Really loving it but I am going to wait until the world of wonder set to upload the new version because I want to place the real merry go round and add the cotton candy and popcorn machines. :D

Thanks for posting about Huntsborough Writin_Reg ill have to check it out. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
    edited May 2014
    No problem - hey I use your Hang ten lot in several worlds. I like it a lot.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi rflong, I'm loving your world a lot ^_^. I just wanted to point out that as is, the masolem is inaccessible. For the first time my sim tried to go into it to collect the dead, and he couldn't. Not enough for a reupload, but it would probably work to just put it in known issues :).

It's such a shame too, as it was a really unique idea how you made the graveyard. Not sure what the best way is to fix it, other than to make the building separate, split in half.
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Thanks, glad to know your enjoying it. :)

I have updated it to work with the new carnival content (and just some overall cosmetic improvements.)

Here is the download link for the new park: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8259930

Rflong7 If you could update the download link on the front page that would be amazing.

Have lots of pictures of it posted on the coaster thread here along with other amazing amusement parks people are working on.: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/465/729564.page#12081435
    Siggy_4.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Hi rflong, I'm loving your world a lot ^_^. I just wanted to point out that as is, the masolem is inaccessible. For the first time my sim tried to go into it to collect the dead, and he couldn't. Not enough for a reupload, but it would probably work to just put it in known issues :).

It's such a shame too, as it was a really unique idea how you made the graveyard. Not sure what the best way is to fix it, other than to make the building separate, split in half.

Hi, :)

Thanks for letting me know. :)
    I know my Sim was able to enter the building but I didn't clean the dead while testing it. My bad. :(

I'll add it to the front page.

Catdog123 wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Thanks, glad to know your enjoying it. :)

I have updated it to work with the new carnival content (and just some overall cosmetic improvements.)

Here is the download link for the new park: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8259930

Rflong7 If you could update the download link on the front page that would be amazing.

Have lots of pictures of it posted on the coaster thread here along with other amazing amusement parks people are working on.: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/465/729564.page#12081435

Hi :)

Awesome! Thanks and I'll update it.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Rflong7,

After weeks of getting a new computer built and sorting out glitches and re-downloading everything yet again I was finally able to re download Beach City which I adore to play in but I also wanted to thank you for your Legacy 3 world which I downloaded recently and play with another favourite family of mine.

I also just found your haunted valley world and am about to download that as well as it looks gorgeous will probably replace midnight hollow-)

I spent ages looking around trying to thank you on separate forums for each world but it has not worked out that way so as I bookmarked this forum a while back I hope you do not mind me mentioning multiple worlds you created and wanted to thank you for.

As I am not a builder in any shape or form I am in total awe of your obvious talent and your willingness to share as everything you create really enhances the enjoyment of my gameplay immensely and for that I am very grateful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top