Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some things you never noticed before in the sim 3?

Like for instance, I never knew you could lock doors and set different doorbell sounds. That's cool!

Also sending out thank you cards to people that attended your wedding.

What about you guys? Im fairly new to the Sims. I wanna know all these little details. Some are really cool!.

Comments

• MarciaGirlMarciaGirl Posts: 403
    edited September 2012
    You can set different doorbell sounds?
  • AminididiAminididi Posts: 125 New Member
    edited September 2012
    lol i dont know if this counts but i never knew that the songs on the radio were recorded by the actual artists. Like the artists had to sing it in sim language in a recording studio !
    edited September 2012
    I can't remember who I learned it from, but I never knew playing arcade games would give you a skill :roll:
  • KimberleyKimberley Posts: 392 Member
    edited September 2012
    I had no idea that you can change the doorbell sound!

That's really cool.
  • WhatWhatAliWhatWhatAli Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    Erm yes, did some research. And you have to have at lease one point in the handiness skill to change the sound. No wonder I never saw it. :S
  • Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know until a few weeks ago that you could move things up and down walls by clicking and dragging.

And you can set your sim's doorbell? I had no idea :shock:
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited September 2012
    You have to get to level 3 in handiness skill in order to change doorbell!
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited September 2012
    u can change the ring tones on your sims cell phone.
    edited September 2012
    :lol: another thing I just learned: apparently you can "Wooo!" sims at parties... Never saw that before now
  • firis0lotus0firis0lotus0 Posts: 44
    edited September 2012
    The gnome moves around....... (creepier still is the new mecha gnome from inventing table)

One thing I miss was in sims 1 and 2 if you hung the "clown" picture his face would change and he would appear to torment your sims.

one thing I just learned is the mail man is a peeping tom. >.>;; he was looking at me sim as he was bathing..... (and my sim was a dude as was the mail man)

You can make a roof over a few pillars and and a tall fence to make a steam/hot tub room.

also never knew you could paint portraits of other sims... wish i knew how on the sim 3 pets 360 version. I get the wish but no option to do it. :'( miss having a pc.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know until very recently that children and childish sims can sleep with a teddy bear in their inventory and get the "Cuddle Time" moodlet.

Cuddle_Time.png

Super cute!
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited September 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    I didn't know until very recently that children and childish sims can sleep with a teddy bear in their inventory and get the "Cuddle Time" moodlet.

Cuddle_Time.png

Super cute!

ya that was cute :) (its bugged in the 360 pets version normal sime 3 has it tho
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited September 2012
    The sad flute sound. I never heard it until I bought Showtime. For some reason it always plays at 1am. I guess lots of couples break up in the middle of the night?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    edited September 2012
    I was wondering if someone can reply my question.
    how can a sim in the 360 version of the sims 3/ sim 3 pets paint a portrait of a sim? I can't find a way to. If you are unable to, why is the wish even in the game? I tried making a thread but no one seems to want to reply. :'(
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    edited May 2014
    You can read books with your toddler.
    [img]http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/39/fe/bb/39febbab4dc10b44ca70d7fd3317a1f1.jpg "width=600" "height=440"[/img]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2014
    Toddlers can also read the books themselves.
    Gnomes (magic ones) two off will also become a family if you know what I mean. :D When they pass from old age you get a tomb stone also.
  • Bell7787Bell7787 Posts: 17
    edited May 2014
    Well, I just learned you can change the doorbell sound :P I also learned recently that at level 8 handiness you can wire speakers throughout the house so you can hear the radio anywhere.
  • turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Fairy toddlers can use the fairy house. That was a big one for me.
    Bonehilda counting as a babysitter was also pretty wonderful.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cats can exorcise possessed objects & cats with aggressive trait can scare ghosts back into their tombstone. And the cat gets a memory for each! Must be a reference to the Sims 3 pets on console where cats can take on a full blown Ghost Hunting profession Ambitions style ;-)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cats can exorcise possessed objects & cats with aggressive trait can scare ghosts back into their tombstone.

Really? :shock: I have barely played with cats and even less with ghosts. How strange.

I was able to invite a zombie to help build a snowman.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bell7787 wrote:
    Well, I just learned you can change the doorbell sound :P I also learned recently that at level 8 handiness you can wire speakers throughout the house so you can hear the radio anywhere.

... but if you do, they won't be able to sleep... :wink:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited May 2014
    jillbg wrote:
    Bell7787 wrote:

... but if you do, they won't be able to sleep... :wink:

That's how I wake my Sims up! Their bedroom is on the 3rd floor (no kids- yet) and stereo is on the 1st floor in the living living room! They must run down two flights of stairs to get there. Oh the fun... :twisted:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just had something happen that I've never seen before--unless I've forgotten! I was experimenting with moving plumbots to a different world and placed one in a new house in Lunar Lakes. Before I could start playing, I got a message that said something along the lines of "A squatter appears to have left you with a trash-laden house. Do you want to clean it up yourself?" I could Accept or Decline the Challenge.

I accepted and found trash and rats on the lot! As the bot is stomping and cleaning, a maid shows up to offer temporary help so she won't have to smell the mess from her place. :lol: Has anyone else seen this? LL was one of the earlier worlds, but I didn't see this message the last time I started a LL game. Kind of funny really.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
  • esuwife39esuwife39 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2014
    When a sim is skinny dipping another sim can steal his/her clothes then they walk around in a towel!

ESUWife39