Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher Error

Recently I started getting a Script Error message when I start my launcher. It is getting an error from URL http://lvlt.thesims3.com/js/jquery-1.3.2_ver928421.js

I asks me if I want to continue running scripts on this page and I answer either Yes of No, either one, I get the same. The launcher does not load the store information in the right side panel of the launcher.

I updated Java and Adobe Flashplayer, but still the same error.

I do not know what the URL is as I cannot connect to it, however, I assume it has to do with the store.

The launcher itself works fine, I can login, I can start my game, look at the downloads, installed content, etc...it just does not load the store information on the right side.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what I should do? Maybe I should post this to the EA site?

Any help will be appreciated...I feel like a beta tester...if it is going to happen, it will happen to me.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited May 2014
    A lot of people seem to be getting this problem.

So far, the damage seems to be varied. Some people say their game works fine, others say they're crashing frequently (or so I've seen).

Regardless of how bad it is, hopefully it's being worked on.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2014
    I get that every time. I just ignore it. It only has to do with the launcher itself, it has no effect on my game.
  • mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited May 2014
    Same. I think it started yesterday for me.

Now that I load up the launcher to get a screen cap of it, it's not happening, though. Of course.
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bypass the launcher. It's something I won't open unless I can absolutely avoid it. Haven't opened my launcher in so long, I can't even remember what it looks like.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2014
    I get that frequently. I assume it's EA's fault. Doesn't affect my game at all.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've had the script errors show up sometimes if my wireless is on when I open the launcher up and had nothing other times.The script error looks like this.
    13162454143_834178b40c_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been getting that for a while now. I read in one thread ( have no idea which one or I would link) that it was a store/website error. It doesn't affect my game so I don't worry about it. I just pick no and it stops showing.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been getting this error for about 2 months now, but it doesn't affect my game in any visible way. I just X out of it and play as normal.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was getting that too for weeks, but then when I mentioned it on here it suddenly stopped. Feels like I'm being watched :lol:

It didn't affect my game though, so if it isn't causing any issue with your game just ignore it.

Now maybe since you've mentioned it too it'll stop happening :lol:
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been getting it to ,loaded my game up last night and went into play (Might Night Hollow ) and it's telling me that it's now replacing some objects as they no longer exist :( . Have not tried it today will shortly.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been getting that same script error message when starting my launcher these last few days. The only other thing that has been happening is I keep getting a message saying I have a new store update. I always click yes, to update. And it "appears" to update. I don't know. I have no clue if the two are related, but as for issues with my game I haven't had any.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • jrryjrry Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Last year I had same error and it was driving me crazy and i found a solution in a different forum. I hope it works for you. When installing game if you select diffrent country beside USA or UK this error may occur. I followed these steps and changed my country as US and I got rid of them.
    Start--> Run--> regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims ( for Win7 )
    Country
    and change your country if it's not one of them above.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2014
    jrry wrote:
    Last year I had same error and it was driving me crazy and i found a solution in a different forum. I hope it works for you. When installing game if you select diffrent country beside USA or UK this error may occur. I followed these steps and changed my country as US and I got rid of them.
    Start--> Run--> regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims ( for Win7 )
    Country
    and change your country if it's not one of them above.
    That's not really the cause and I don't recommend changing the locale in your registry.

See this thread.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/750678.page
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).