Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED! DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started 1 April; Ended 21 May

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    Edit: by the way, "cogito" means "I think" - "the Cogito" is what philosophers call Descartes' famous argument "I think, therefore I am" (one of the best philosophical arguments ever); melded with Totoro it's a blend of two of my favorite geekinesses about myself! :)
    Oh yes, I recognized the Totoro reference immediately, and of course Cogito, as well. Some of the other names you had as options I didn't recognize all the parts of, but this one I did. :)
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited May 2014
    I got Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) for free. :mrgreen:

Demeter's End Table ended at 17 minutes past the hour.

Trying to find my way around wordpress.com to set up a blog for my farming challenge... I really have no idea how the whole thing works. Never had a blog before. :oops: Therefore, back to reading.
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited May 2014
    By the way... you might all have known this, but I realized recently that once your MMAO countdown is within an hour, if you refresh the page it will give it to you anyway. Not that MMAO is being good to me anymore. My percentages off have been sliding from the 60s and 70s to the 20s and 30s. Thought I wouldn't notice, MMLMAO? Well, it was good while it lasted. Maybe they'll realize: make it 60% off = make some money off of me. Make it 20% off = make zero money off of me.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh, no. They price everything at 1900 now, no matter the real value. To me, the fact that there's no PC makes me feel it isn't worth that much (even though I like the items), so this is another case where I'm going to wait until it goes on sale for a very deep discount before I will buy it.
    I'm glad to know I am not going crazy, only had to come to this thread to realize there are others who also agree it needs a deep discount :P.

BTW, folks I am not sure if you heard but Jodi has decided to continue using her existing DD stalker list, so for now the version I had live with the alert feature and such will have to wait.

Anyone else cleaning up on CYS after the massive sell? Just grabbed Sun, Surf for free and have a few others on the list. Yeah :)
    Post edited by bflury on
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    The many different doors and windows alone (which normally go for 100sp each) probably make up the bulk of the price.
    Another side effect: By making it a venue, so the items can't be purchased individually, a buyer can't quibble about the price by adding up the items and saying, "But it should add up to 'this'!" This way they can price it however they want.

That is true, and I think that's exactly what they did with the bakery, but in this case I tried to do a cost breakdown based on the prices of other individual items being sold on the site, and it at least looks like the cost of the full venue is equal to or less than the cost of all the individual items included in the venue. That doesn't mean I'd buy it at full price, just that it doesn't look like the same type of price gouging we saw with the villa or the bakery.

Prices that can be calculated relatively easily:
    Staircase - 100sp
    9 windows - 100sp/pc = 900sp
    4 doors - 100sp/pc = 400sp
    3 shutters/curtains - 75sp/pc = 225sp
    2 railings - 25-50sp/pc = 50-100sp
    2 gates - 25-50sp/pc = 50-100sp

Estimated prices:
    1 Left stair rail (lowest imaginable pricing for this would be the price of a rail - 25-50sp)
    1 Right stair rail (25-50sp)
    1 Grandfather clock (other clocks in the store typically range from 25-50sp, but are mostly tiny wall clocks, so I think this would more realistically be 50sp)
    1 chandelier chain (I'd price it at 10sp or less, though the store would probably say 25)
    3 spider webs - 10-25sp/pc = 30-75sp
    1 roof tower - estimating 50sp based on the Mother Russia roof tower prices
    6 roof pieces (not sure how to price these - being very conservative, the much older Nautical Living cornice set is 100sp for all of them together.)

So at the cheapest end of my price estimate, the venue would come in at having 2015sp worth of content, which really isn't bad in my opinion.

I'll probably still wait for a sale of at least 30%, though. Even that is more than I'd typically pay for a venue, but this one is really right up my alley.
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:

It's a plant from ITF, Pinwheel Novae Table Sculpture10526846755_bd407df9e9_m.jpg, with the Soulpeace statue's flames coming through it and a recolor. I like how it turned out. "Moveobjects on" is such a fun cheat!

Love your party pics, by the way. Your vamp looks like a cutie.

Lol, gotcha! That code is quite useful for house building. I love it.

Yea, Vance Lee is a great dad. His daughter Tenny loves talking to him and playing chess with him.

Oh my god! That had me laughing so hard! :lol:

I tend to wonder how red she would look after a full body waxing.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited May 2014
    All i want from the new venue is the roof peices i eaneted the stairs... But the L staits gon and the staircase sides is just props but for 1900 :\ wasnt sims 2m&g stuff pack 20$ with alot more items
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2014
    TheZommbie wrote:
    wasnt sims 2m&g stuff pack 20$ with alot more items
    And Open for Business was $30 rather than $80 in a dark world, bakery, and bistro. :)

I am telling you all. I am calling it now... they are going to do away with the traditional expansion packs (or at least stuff packs) in the Sims 4.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited May 2014
    It figures. Every set I can get for free on the DD always come up when I'm sleeping, no matter how many times the list repeats. All the sets I already have or don't want come up (and drag on) when I am awake. Ugh!
  • ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2014
    If anybody who doesn't have Monte Vista or Hidden Springs is interested, the Worlds Bundle is 6.99 at microsoftstore. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Sims-3-Worlds-Bundle-for-PC/productID.296004100

It's in stock, but on clearance so they may run out.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    qPSCOr.jpg
    edited May 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    If anybody who doesn't have Monte Vista or Hidden Springs is interested, the Worlds Bundle is 6.99 at microsoftstore. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Sims-3-Worlds-Bundle-for-PC/productID.296004100

It's in stock, but on clearance so they may run out.

wow, cheaper than what I bought the bundle for months ago.
    My Studio
    edited May 2014
    It's Game Time went the full 2 hours and ended at 17 after.

Wow, ashygirl, that's a nice price for the world bundle. I got it at 9.99 during the Origin 50% sale, and I'm kicking myself just a tiny bit. Eh, I'll live - but hopefully some other people who haven't already gotten it will get to enjoy the 6.99 price.
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow, was looking to see what my CYS would be on Through the Spyglass, and looks like the regular set price got knocked down to 496 (individual item prices look normal though). I'm suddenly curious what this will do when it comes up in the rotation. :?
    edited May 2014
    Wow, was looking to see what my CYS would be on Through the Spyglass, and looks like the regular set price got knocked down to 496 (individual item prices look normal though). I'm suddenly curious what this will do when it comes up in the rotation. :?
    That's a really good question. Are they going to keep the price, or keep the percentage discount? But since that's 156, and we're now at 163, it depends on if it rotates again. And if we remember to check when it does. :)
    edited May 2014
    We're at 46, and Through the Spy Glass comes for the first time at 48. Mediterranean Villa repeats at 163, though.

So many repeats in this list!

P.S. - MeldisElvellon, I forgot to say thank you for the heads up on the price change!
    edited May 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    We're at 46, and Through the Spy Glass comes for the first time at 48. Mediterranean Villa repeats at 163, though.

So many repeats in this list!

P.S. - MeldisElvellon, I forgot to say thank you for the heads up on the price change!
    Really? We're at the beginning of the list? I thought we were towards the end.

Well, tells you how well I've been keeping track. I think this particular list is beginning to drag on too long. :)
    edited May 2014
    @Jodi - I'll clock out after updating for the beginning of Tiki Dining Room. Will post again when I'm done.
    Really? We're at the beginning of the list? I thought we were towards the end.

Well, tells you how well I've been keeping track. I think this particular list is beginning to drag on too long. :)

Yeah, it probably feels like it's been longer than it really has because so few things are selling out this time around.
  • Miyra_JadeMiyra_Jade Posts: 22
    edited May 2014
    Heya, new poster long time lurker. Just unlurking to say I love this thread and I have gotten so many great deals because of it.

Also, it looks like all the sets in the March 2011 comp, and the March 2011 compilation itself have been reduced in price.

Street Couture is now 485 it was 950.
    Futureshock Living is 1237 and it was 1650.
    Through the Spyglass Bathroom is 521 I don't remember the exact price but I think it was 950.
    March 2011 Compilation is 2194, used to be 3000.
    edited May 2014
    @Jodi - passing the spreadsheet back to you. It's updated to the start of Tiki Dining Room.

Miyra Jade - Nice to meet you! Thank you for passing along that information about the March 2011 set. That's really helpful. I'll be curious to see how it affects the DD prices, and crossing my fingers for some additional price reductions from other sets of a similar age.
  • Miyra_JadeMiyra_Jade Posts: 22
    edited May 2014
    FryeGuy24 - Nice to meet you too! I am also interested in seeing how it effects the DD prices. And since I'm bored and waiting to see what the price of Through the Spyglass will be, I'm looking through the various sets that are DD rotation, since if the prices on the first page are accurate, I can easily see if the price has been reduced.

And it has paid out, I have found another set with a price reduction, Waning moon.

Waning Moon is currently 1361 was 1780.

I think I'll edit this post if I find more price reductions so I don't spam up the place.

EDIT:

Africa Inspiration Collection - 1190 was 1900

And looks like that is all the price reductions I could find using the prices listed on the first page. Since I don't have the store prices memorized, I don't know if there are any other reduced prices out there.
    edited May 2014
    wow, it might be good for me to buy the spyglass set then!
    Thanks for the heads up Miyra_Jade!

Edit: By the way, looks like sale! page is on the change. Only two sets up on it right now, but I suspect they are working on it at the moment.
    My Studio
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited May 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    @Jodi - passing the spreadsheet back to you. It's updated to the start of Tiki Dining Room.
    I can't thank you enough for continuing to update the spreadsheet. I have it now until Saturday morning.

@ Miyra_Jade - Thank you for catching the price reductions.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited May 2014
    Sale! page just had a flood of new sales, dig in DDers!
    My Studio
  • MeldisElvellonMeldisElvellon Posts: 72 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Through the Spy Glass just came up, and sure enough, it's still on sale for the same number of SimPoints as before, so now it's just 30% off.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited May 2014
    Got the final FL thanks to the new sales page. The hibiscus trio annoys me. No CYS, apaprantly it doesnt show up in MMAO, and is a very VERY plain set.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.