Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2014
    Here are a couple of pics I took really quick. I am not really able to do much until my little one takes her nap in about 2 1/2 hours or so (Don't like to be on the computer too much when she is awake). As soon as she takes her nap I will fire my game back up!

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh I love this set, love it love it! Thank you store team!

Some random info:

The lot sizes are 30x40 and 40x30 for the venues

The dead shrub is in fencing. :shock:

The "old" version of the glass door hangs from its hinges!!

There's a fog emitter in the foyer of the "old" venue.

We did get the fan, but I haven't tried to see if there are routing issues yet. Hopefully that was fixed if it is the same fan ya'll were talking about. I didn't have it, so it's new to me!

I just LOVE the new colonial window and shutters. I've wanted a 9 over 9 sash window with shutters FOREVER! Such a small thing, but this is my favorite item after the screened windows and door. Oh my old Southern farmhouses are gonna be so COOL!!!

Whoop!! :D

I'm tempted to go ahead and put the venue on either a 50x50 or 60x60 just so I have room in back for a garden or a pool, especially for the newer venue. (Interesting that the venues are on different dimensioned lots.) I love that you can make really wide stairs with the pieces -- I'll have to see if I can make any use out of this on my own or just wait for those with the Builder trait to work their magic. :-)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2014
    geeeeh ppl around here have speed fingers I tried to gift 6 ppl only 3 didn't have it the other 3 already did geeeeshhh slow down will you!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for the info!!!
    Nice size lots- I like!
    Now just waiting for the pics & how many bd/baths....

I see 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Tiki posted some awesome pics. The price of the "new" venue is 248,457 and the "old" version is 175,714.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I wish the sale day would be abit longer i never can save up enough simpoints for the onsale
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2014
    brsy wrote:
    geeeeh ppl around here have speed fingers I tried to gift 6 ppl only 3 didn't have it the other 3 already did geeeeshhh slow down will you!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just read my e-mail...

tumblr_lx5g9wpHTn1qf5dtmo1_400.gif

I'm so confused! Thank you for the gift, but I am positive I have been snarky/annoyed at you at some point last year with some random post you may have made, and confused why you would gift someone like me. :shock: :?:

(Although I don't keep track anymore as I'm too busy in real life to let it affect me outside of the game).

Again thank you for the gift! And I'm positive you should save your points for simmers who can't afford the venue rather than gift someone like me. :oops: :oops:
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena = faster then a speeding bullet :evil: (for herself and others)
  • DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2014
    Tiki-
    Thank you for the beautiful pics! Even the 'now' pics look like it's still a beautiful old place!
    Thank you for the info!!!
    Nice size lots- I like!
    Now just waiting for the pics & how many bd/baths....

I see 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Tiki posted some awesome pics. The price of the "new" venue is 248,457 and the "old" version is 175,714.

Thank you Donna!
    Looks like this will be a 'motherlode inheritance' for a sim! lol
  • PSFinishLinePSFinishLine Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2014
    leniece wrote:
    I am sure anzi will do a review but the price breakdown is 42 items $19.00 = 45 Cents per item; 42 items for $17.00 is about 41 cents per item. Pretty good deal all around. Usually I can wait til the end of the year for the 50% off sales. But Not this time. New set here I come! Oh yeah and check out my studio for some new grunge patterns and the start of my black church series. May is pink pattern month. Happy happy.

Oh my gosh, see I had the exact opposite reaction- I was really thinking it would be cheaper! I guess I don't really count the spiderwebs and boarded windows as all being "separate items". It just seems a little too high priced for not having PC. I wish I could just buy the chain and the stairs!
    edited May 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    brsy wrote:

Just read my e-mail...

I'm so confused! Thank you for the gift, but I am positive I have been snarky/annoyed at you at some point last year with some random post you may have made, and confused why you would gift someone like me. :shock: :?:

(Although I don't keep track anymore as I'm too busy in real life to let it affect me outside of the game).

Again thank you for the gift! And I'm positive you should save your points for simmers who can't afford the venue rather than gift someone like me. :oops: :oops:

snarky and annoyed at me?? when? if you did I never read it are you sure?? hmmm I need to see that post I always looked at you as a very smart and helpful person that's full of info when needed...are you sure it was me ?? if so give me my gift back you snaaky mean man you!!! :lol::lol: but seriouly I don't remember that :cry::cry::cry:
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2014
    brsy wrote:

brsy, fortunately I'm old and slow. :wink:

Thank you so much, I can't wait to get home and see what it all looks like. Big hug. :):)
    edited May 2014
    brsy wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    brsy wrote:

Just read my e-mail...

snarky and annoyed at me?? when? if you did I never read it are you sure?? hmmm I need to see that post I always looked at you as a very smart and helpful person that's full of info when needed...are you sure it was me ?? if so give me my gift back you snaaky mean man you!!! :lol::lol: but seriouly I don't remember that :cry::cry::cry:

I don't keep track of people, and normally my comments are not towards the person themselves, but the posts and information that gets spread around.

Again, I'm not 100% sure if I've said anything rude to you, but I know people tend to post criticizing comments on how I post in the forums, didn't know if you were one or not. :oops: :oops:

Thank you again for the gift! I'm just usually not of the priority of being gifted due to my posts in the forums. :oops: :oops:
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Hey Cinderelli! Take a small break from your arduous studies and check your mail! ;)

I can't decide if you're very very sweet an kind... or if you're trying to make me fail? :lol:

I'll assume the first! Thank you very much Amara! I'd promised my daughter she could watch Dr Who before bed and was sat there itching to check the store page, when I finally did it took me a good minute to spot that 'download' button because I was so busy squinting at all the different items! :oops: :lol:

LOL Neither actually! Anyone who actually knows me will tell you that "sweet and kind" are not words that instantly spring to mind to describe me...and that's from people who LIKE me! LOL And I know you won't fail, you have a goal! But when your work is done, have a blast! :D Besides...I am laughing at the image of you squinting at all the pics without noticing that you already own the darn thing! :lol:

Okay back to "toning down" the "Then" version! I've already placed the "Now" one and kidnapped (ghostnapped?) the nice ghosr family from MH and moved them into it in 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Now I'm making the shiny new one a bit more goth and cobwebby! The other one is FANTASTIC and super suitable for ghosts but I think one of my other LIVING families will appreciate a slightly less destroyed manor!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    would like to hear what people think about the roof deco items and the tower how are they to use in game (both building and playing).... I fear I never use them much... as I like to use the room under the roof and have the windows stikking out used as windows that gives light.....

wont chang that I will get the set... just my standard is to wait a day to buy.... simply to awoid shop bugs + if they there be able to get a hold on CS Denmark....

ok that was a lot chit chat... but basically I like to see and hear what others think about the new items. especially the roof items
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited May 2014
    oh I forgot to add ~~~~>I never hold on to anything petty and yesterday was yesterday and today is today I'm the type of person I can argue with someone one min and a few hours later I am so over it and give them hugs and kisses life is to short to be angry anyway and of course not off a forum and a game :shock: ...I love being happy and at the same time I speak my mind when needed but I look at it as mental exercise :lol: a heated debate and after that we can go off and have a few laughs and fun...even though I can be very nonchalant I'm not a grudge holder or a person who hangs on to negativity ...*susie sunshine* is my middle name :P and sometimes it can be *faye F* you* :P :P but no matter what... in the end I never carry negativity over to the next day I rather be friendly and happy :-) and far as YOU are concerned I always called you the undercover guru full of info and very on point ...you can be a bit feisty but aren't we all every now and then :wink:

I want to see that post :twisted: :lol:
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited May 2014
    Nik, brsy, & Kate (& everyone),

I'm at work, but I took the time to read the last ten plus pages (this thread exploded!) and I really don't know what to say, except, THANK YOU for your kindness and your friendship. It means a lot to me.

I've been blessed in so many ways by such kind-hearted simmers on these forums. I'm so glad that I am active here, because I've shared so much laughter and smiles and good times with so many nice folks from the world over in this game.

(For all the lurkers out there, please feel welcomed to participate!).

This really is such a nice community, particularly in the Store forum. Thank you so much for sharing and giving of yourselves in these threads. They are the highlight of my day to read and you all are very special people to me.

*huge hugs* mistletoe :)
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    I know people tend to post criticizing comments on how I post in the forums, didn't know if you were one or not. :oops: :oops:

I'm just usually not of the priority of being gifted due to my posts in the forums. :oops: :oops:
    I was one of those you insulted, etc...
    BUT the fact that you are aware of it, & admit you DO do it, well, I have to say not many admit it publicly.
    Acknowledgement is maturity.
    We all have our dumb days, I KNOW I do, I'm HUMAN, but I didn't make fun of/twist others' usernames into a public insult like you did, not too long ago - before you deleted it.
    I also KNOW you DO try to help others a lot.

You just need more patience w/ those "posts you hate seeing".
    I have learned to ignore most of "them" (& I'm not referring to your posts..) :lol:

I hope everyone enjoys the new set!

:mrgreen:

But I can't build very well, so will be using the pre-made Venues until my fav builders...hint...hint...work their magic!

:wink::lol:

• DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited May 2014
    I cannot for the life of me find the Curved Colonial Stair Rail ANYWHERE in my game! *grumps*
    It's not under rails and I am unable to find it under decor too. Anyone around who can tell me where it's hiding?
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited May 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    I cannot for the life of me find the Curved Colonial Stair Rail ANYWHERE in my game! *grumps*
    It's not under rails and I am unable to find it under decor too. Anyone around who can tell me where it's hiding?
    It is called "staircaseCurvedSculptureMansionA" and "staircaseCurvedSculptureMansionB" ... I haven't installed this yet, but I think, this "railings" should be find under Decorations.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2014
    This really is such a nice community, particularly in the Store forum. Thank you so much for sharing and giving of yourselves in these threads. They are the highlight of my day to read and you all are very special people to me.

*huge hugs* mistletoe :)

This is very very true. The community here in the Store Forums is delightful. It always leaves me with a smile. :)
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited May 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    It is called "staircaseCurvedSculptureMansionA" and "staircaseCurvedSculptureMansionB" ... I haven't installed this yet, but I think, this "railings" should be find under Decorations.
    Editing this to help others out.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited May 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    DolphineQ wrote:
    I seached through all of Decorations, every subsection and the "All" part too. No dice, still can't find it..

I don't know, but I would think it would be under build mode in the stairs section, maybe the spiral staircase category?

EDIT:

If there is a collection folder for it, you might want to "eyedrop" it, to see which category it is hiding under??
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited May 2014
    I want the curved stairs, windows and the spider webs from this set :). But I am on the fence and waiting for other people´s reviews on it because I am saving some points at the moment. Those paintings look nice too.
    edited May 2014
    Jadeleine wrote:
    I want the curved stairs, windows and the spider webs from this set :). But I am on the fence and waiting for other people´s reviews on it because I am saving some points at the moment. Those paintings look nice too.

But what about that beautiful fence? Or the chandelier chain?

I'm posting my review later tonight, but I'll tell you now that for what you are paying, it's well worth the price. :mrgreen:
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited May 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:

I imagine it might be located in miscellaneous decor or statues. Separate items by function instead of room to find it easier. :wink: I don't even have this set, but I would think it would be found in one of those two sections. 8)
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png