Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Study at the library case for investigators

Help!

My sim has needs to study at the library for her investigation. I take her to the library but I can't find an option to study. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Comments

• BobbiegBobbieg Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the exact same trouble - no option for "studying". I read skill books (charisma, logic, etc) while in the library, finished them and got 3 full skill points ahead, but that doesn't fulfill the task. Nothing on the computers in the library or at home.

This is a real problem. I'm trying to do the Pervasive Private Eye LTW - I only have 3 of 35 so far, and 5 (yes, five!) other "Investigator Cases" have required studying at home or at the library, which I cannot figure out how to do. I could have been at 8 completed instead of only 3!

I have all the expansions and "stuff's" and I am not now nor ever have been enrolled in University, if that helps.

Little help?
    Bobbie
  • DongleboyDongleboy Posts: 35 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I had this same problem myself, and some googling showed a result with someone saying that this was a glitch with the investigator/university missions getting muddled in game. Dunno if that's true but I couldn't manage to make my investigator study either, and the wiki page that details all the investigator cases doesn't mention studying at all ;)
  • BobbiegBobbieg Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, Dongleboy! I'm already at level 5 of the investigator career, so I think I'll go ahead and finish that off, but I'll use a mod to change my LTW to something achievable, like 5-Star Chef, and try Pervasive Private Eye again when it's repaired. Good to know it wasn't just me being blind to something, LOL!!

When I start playing a new town I always like to do this career (or fire-fighting or ghost-hunting) first - really helps me find my way around town in a hurry. I'm doing Sunlit Tides now and am really glad I bought it, beautiful world.

Bobbie

• 54M4NTH454M4NTH4 Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I think its a glitch that came with university because it only started happening after i downloaded university.Also when you use the job board for university you can get the opportunity to study.In the investigator ones it says final exams are tomorrow
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting! I just cancel them out and try again. Eventually I can get a real case.
  • IcylollyIcylolly Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a bug with university? I kept cancelling the mission and then trying to get a new one but it kept just coming up with studying. Very annoying!
  • IcylollyIcylolly Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a bug with university? I kept cancelling the mission and then trying to get a new one but it kept just coming up with studying. Very annoying! :x
  • kenkie79kenkie79 Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting! I just cancel them out and try again. Eventually I can get a real case.

Right, this makes me sick too. There are some cases I can't ever complete such as the ones where you have to eat at the Bistro. I eat there and nothing happens. SO annoying.
  • ShoshanaMcCShoshanaMcC Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    kenkie79 wrote:
    There are some cases I can't ever complete such as the ones where you have to eat at the Bistro. I eat there and nothing happens. SO annoying.

Eat at the diner... it's mismarked. Also, I'm going to try studying with one of the other library patrons, see if that works.
  • simplyzachariahsimplyzachariah Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just a quick note, I did send information in to EA regarding this bug in hopes someone will think its worthy enough to create a fix in a patch for it. I included a link to this forum. We'll see I suppose.
  • Flowerscotland76Flowerscotland76 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Im having same problem. Has this been resolved yet?
  • Maxy_JMaxy_J Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I'm trying it today (NZ 14/12/13) and its still bugging =[ at least now I know I'm not going crazy
  • ChromaggiaBlindMagChromaggiaBlindMag Posts: 19 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Having the same problem. Hope EA fixes this bug soon!
  • JimorrisonfanJimorrisonfan Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Having the same problem...this is one of my favorite careers to work.
  • TebowTebow Posts: 93 Member
    edited April 2014
    Having the same prob, STILL! I've been able to get further in the career than this in previous games, though never able to complete the path/LTW. But now it seems I've stumbled onto the "Study at Home" & "Help the Investigation" glitch loop and I'm unable to progress any further than level 3. Each time they surface, I attempt them but subsequently just end up deleting them, only to have one or the other return thus stagnating my progression. Is there really NO recourse for this???
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited April 2014
    I had the same issue. I put my saved my sim to the bin and then placed him back in the lot. On cases I couldn't solve, you can use a mod at Nraas called debugenabler (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler). You can click on the sim to have the opportunity completed. Always use caution with this mod though and if you don't know what the dubugging option is, don't try it. Just ask in the forums there at Nraas.
    NraasSignature.png
  • sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2014
    I too have the same bug, but kind of found a way to go around it. Don't just relay on the opportunities investigator can find with computer. Go to town and meet people, befriend some and do the... stalking, ambushing, lurking? Anyways the action a private investigator can do on public lots, till you get something you can write reports on. And keep meeting and greeting new people, pick a hobby, say logic and do the chess matches and befriend some interesting people. After that, remember to always answer the phone, you never know when someone is going to give you a little job to do. :)

Also, you can find a good guide and other tips for private investigator career here:
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ambitions/privateinvestigator.php
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • sandrycsandryc Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2014
    EA games is pretty keen to keep making expansions and get more money for the SIMS. They are not so keen about fixing major bugs or testing content properly before releasing it. It is a real shame.
  • AnomilyMiyuAnomilyMiyu Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Have you tried the disable expansion pack mod?
    There is a mod modthesims that allows you to load only the expansion packs you want to play. Its called the Sim Game Selector 3.0 Support for "Into the Future" and "Movie Stuff"

It has all the expansions up to date and allows you to turn on and off things at startup.
    If you want to do the quest and don't want to quit it, disable University at startup play the quest out. then Re-enable it after completed. This is also a good tool if you feeling not pet friendly or your sick of the pesky supernatural folks eating your plants.

I'm not 100 percent this will work because I'm not sure the but actually came with university.
    Post edited by Unknown User on