Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED! DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started 1 April; Ended 21 May

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    Wow, that thing sold out before it ever even went past 0% on my screen. :shock:

I hope people who needed it got it.

It seems to have sold out in seconds, just like all those other sets that get greatly discounted. :shock:

So anyone who did get it...definitely lucky. :shock:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    Is it normal for the Eloquenlty Eclectic set to sell out so fast?
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited April 2014
    sorry for all who didnt get it im beating you have atleast another time to snag it seeing now DDs go for 3+ times
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited April 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Eloquently Eclectic lasted less than a minute. Congratulations to those of you who got it! Sorry it didn't work out for you, KleineMuff. :( I was rooting for you. But I'd venture to guess that it's not the last time we'll see that set on sale.

Sorry to everyone else who didn't get it too.

I hope it's not at 4 am (for me) next time! lol
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations to those who where able to get Eloquently Eclectic Collection. Unfortunate for me I wasn't able to get it. It would have been free for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection when it comes up since it should be free for me, but with my luck it will probably sell out as fast as Eloquently Eclectic Collection did. :(
    edited April 2014
    if its a 70%+ deal its going fast before you know it
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited April 2014
    I spaced out for a minute while waiting for Eloquently Eccentric to be the deal. That taught me my lesson!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited April 2014
    well im off glad the raining didnt cut my power off
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    PattyCo wrote:

Yes, unfortunately. It lasted just about exactly the same amount of time in the previous rotation. But it sure seemed like we had a lot more celebratory posts after the last round than we have this time!

I got it the first time it came around, so this time I was able to refresh it several times and just watch the meter steadily go up. At about 30 seconds in, it was 97% claimed, and the next time I refreshed, it was gone.
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited April 2014
    To answer an age-old question, misery does not love company. Sorry, @KleineMuff and everybody else who didn't get it either. I'm off to dejectedly close all the tabs I had open to check my shiny new CYS prices on all the sets affected by Eloquently Eclectic. *sniff* (and to maybe get some sleep.) I am happy for those who did get it, though.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    PattyCo wrote:

Yes, unfortunately. It lasted just about exactly the same amount of time in the previous rotation. But it sure seemed like we had a lot more celebratory posts after the last round than we have this time!

I got it the first time it came around, so this time I was able to refresh it several times and just watch the meter steadily go up. At about 30 seconds in, it was 97% claimed, and the next time I refreshed, it was gone.

I saw it come up, then clicked to see what the price was with my CYS, and poooof it was gone... :shock:
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have 53% of the Eloquently Eclectic set. I was hopping of getting it. I can not beleive it sold out so fast. Maybe I can get it next time.
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited April 2014
    It makes me sad to see so many people missed getting the Eloquently Eclectic Collection. :(

I managed to snag it in time, but I also feel bad to have to be one of those lucky ones.

Though since I did catch it, and looking through the items: If you're working on the Collectionne Stäncké set or the Coffee Bean Hipster Loft, this collection helps out with those some. (More for CS than CBHL, I think)

So hopefully, this collection comes by again next rotation, and more people get it. If they do, and they're working on either of those sets, well, they'll definitely get closer to completing them.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    edited April 2014
    I had 44% of Eloquently Eclectic, and was hoping to get it for around 200 simpoints. Darn.
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Erin - In my profession, there's really no getting around it, but it makes sense for someone in your shoes to want to wait and see where your career leads you first, because who knows if you'll end up needing it?
    Exactly! It's a lot of fun though, but I just wish it was cheaper. I tried to get a free license from my uni, but they apparently can only get software free for ICT students! Pfffft, they're not the only ones who need software! But oh well. I know where the Creative Cloud is and what it has to offer, so it's there for when/if I need it! :D
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    As for the mistake with flipping the page numbers, again, I completely understand your fretting.
    Thank you so much, Frye! You have no idea how much it means to just have someone understand how important that stupid little page number is to me. My boyfriend had the nerve to tell me "You did better than everyone else". I don't know how many times I've told him that's irrelevant. He even had the nerve to tell ME I didn't want to be consoled, after he quite literally tried two things: 1. You did better than everyone else and 2. There is nothing you can do. Of course, that made me mad so now we're fighting. :cry:

Ah, life is so stupid and evil.

But, thank YOU for actually being a voice of comfort and reassurance. You're probably right as well that there's a difference between a spelling error and something like this; the reason I didn't pick up on it later was that it really did LOOK fine, and it still does -- it's just that this particular publication that we're using as a model does it like that. It wasn't even listed in any of her instructions, which I ran through a dozen times when checking my assignment, so it really was only an aesthetic thing to pick up on when comparing the model newspaper to my own assignment. I don't think an average reader would notice, that's for sure.

Even so, I sent her an email to admit my mistake. I mentioned the family stuff a little too, since the Program Convenor is well aware of that situation, but tried to keep it light and self-deprecating, and I admitted that I know emailing her doesn't make a difference, but gives me a little peace of mind (which I now awkwardly realise that in my 3am email I misspelled that). Clearly, I shouldn't be allowed near things when I'm upset and sleep-deprived. I did ask her what kind of impact that that specific detail would have on a mark though, so hopefully I'll know soon what that'll mean.

But is it just me or is this rotation starting to feel really long?

At least it looks like a few people snagged Eloquently Eclectic, though I'm sorry for those of you who missed out. There'll always be another time -- either a rotation, or some other opportunity in the future. Good luck!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    On the one hand, I hope this list goes around again because I (like many, many others) missed the Eloquently Eclectic Collection (and I'm going to miss the March 2011 compilation in a couple of hours), but on the other, would anyone else like to see a new list? Or maybe more new things added to this one?
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ampey2006 wrote:
    I had 44% of Eloquently Eclectic, and was hoping to get it for around 200 simpoints. Darn.

I have 31% done for the Eloquently Eclectic set and it would have been free for me. I had the green download button when it came up. It would have been free for you too. Hopefully it will come up again so both of us can get it and anybody else who missed it.
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited April 2014
    @Frye: You are doing an awesome job with the spreadsheet! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
    kellycot1 wrote:
    I've always wondered about that birthday business. Mine is coming up next week (!!!), so I'm hoping they SOMEHOW figure that out.
    And a very Happy Birthday to you too early! :D I also do hope that your dad does not spoil your day being special!
    kellycot1 wrote:
    But, speaking of happy things, I had even more luck with that Customer Rep today. I'm still trying to get Sunlit Tides Gold marked as own (which is kind of unnecessary now that I've raided MMAO for just about everything), but I brought up the JCP free set late last week; today, my CS saint credited me 400sp for double-purchasing ALL of the JCP items! Booyeah!
    That is so awesome! :mrgreen: I have been passing up all my MMAO's while in my quest for Ren Faire, but am wondering if I do end up buying the pieces for Date Night (which I own) when the discount is just too good to pass up, if I would have your luck, I keep thinking, I got it for free, and keep losing my nerve asking for it to show up as owned. :oops:
    As for your class "doing Desktop Publishing with Adobe InDesign," I asked my sister if she had that (she is an art major), and she said that it was the most fun she had learning, she entered a contest to win a mac, because for what she wants to do, it is way better than a pc. I also agree with Frye, and I am going from the literary aspect, spelling errors are easily remedied (therefore are assessed rather severely), but placing the page numbering is a minute error (in my writing classes, that is the most minute error in form and structure), and because it is different in various forms of publications. I hope that does work out for you! ;)
    I see Cupid's Locket came up while I was asleep. Who's up for another cycle? :D
    I am up for another rotation, or a new one, the goal for owning the whole store will not change, just the methods of getting there, keeping me on my toes, :lol: haha :P Well, I do hope it does not change before Ren Faire: The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire
    Goal = 627
    Have = 514
    Need = 113 (and I am ahead of target, thanks for it coming later and later, sorry for the long lasting dd items for everyone else, but for me, it is helping more). :twisted:
    charmyval wrote:
    Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I don't have the time to read back all I missed though. D:

I hope everyone has been fine. :D
    Good to see ya again! :D Glad you got Through The Spy Glass (another one on my list) and it is good to see that ya got the potty, for when ya gotta go, ya have a place to go (although, I guess it does not apply to OE, so maybe not :oops: ). :lol:

@kuroi_nekomata & Frye: You both had me :lol::lol: about the talking toilet/choilet, hmmm, something about choco-potty humor! :twisted: :lol:
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Oh gosh, this rotation seems to be going on for SOOO long, I want it to end now xD although I'm nervous for a new rotation as I don't want the things I just splurged on in the sale to come up! That would be awful :( but I'm waiting do Technophobe No More and the Dukes (maybe) befor it ends! What's everyone else up to?
    Oh yeah, besides my Ren Faire, I want my boyfriend to get that green button for Technophobe No More and all its lovely GREEN cascades! :mrgreen: Hope you get it too!! :D
    I definitely wish for Showstopping Styles to be CYS'able.

But as is, the outfits are very nice, and I enjoy having the ones I've bought so far.
    At the rate I get them offered in MMAO, I will own them all before that, but if it happens soon, I should get that shiny green button! :mrgreen:
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Except we've since had the 30% sales which gave me god prices on some sets I've been stalking for some time
    Your typo had me cracking up. These aren't just deals, they're... (*thunderclap*) god prices.

I'll feel so powerful next time I get a good deal if I think of it in those terms!

:lol::lol: I think that's what I'm gonna call the green download button from now on. The 30% off sale certainly gave me many of those, and they were indeed godly. All I need is a "thunderclap" sound effect for whenever I click it.
    :lol: :twisted: :lol:
    pangolin22 wrote:
    The spreadsheet says steampunk lasted the whole 3 hours last time, is that really the case? Seems far-fetched at this price :) Maybe the website was glitching out or something, can't recall.
    I do also find that odd to last 3 hours, but I guess I find it more odd that I missed it then and again when it lasted less time :shock: and I know it will be close to, if not free, for me. :lol:
    Thank god for Daily Deals. I was able to get both Loads of Laundry and Steampunk for free since I already owned some items. :D
    YaY! :mrgreen:

@Mia: I really think those exclusives should be given out for free to those who own such a large percentage of the store, like you, for instance! :mrgreen: Meanwhile, I will probably buy them all when they are lumped into an awesome percentage. I have found that I get at least two MMAO offers above 50% every spin of 5. The only problem lately, they keep offering sets that I have good cys on, but then I would be too tempted to purchase, and miss out on Ren Faire (so I am glad that they are offering those now). :twisted:
    I bought my CYS down during the Spring Sale, and I just paid 5 SP for Full Regal. Woot!
    Once again proving you are the Master of CYS. :)
    All hail the Regal Master! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup:

@LauraRhoades: thank you for pointing out that Google add-on :mrgreen: , I will have to try it out after deadlines, for I work with the computer sounds off and listen to low music while I work. :roll: maybe I should find an app for my windows phone that will vibrate when it shows up, I do have the dd on there.

@Adele: I am also looking forward to the angled stairs, and even the cobwebs and boarded up windows too. :) I guess I just have a very dark side (even though I am a neat freak IRL). :twisted:

@Wendy: So glad you got all your issues fixed and good to see you again! :D Hope you post some pics of your mummies! :twisted:

@Tahera: Welcome back! :D So glad that you also got all your games registered. Hope you have lots of fun with them all! :D Next month, I go on my spending spree for Sims 3 (except simpoints - got to keep my challenge intact). I do not know if I will get all of the EPs, SPs, and Worlds, but I will try to catch all the sales. I need to catch up to all of you! ;)
    bekkasan wrote:
    So what is ninja'd? I guess I got it too if it means someone beat ya to it. :lol: We used to say 'coke' when we both said same thing at same time. The first to say coke got a coke from the other.
    My siblings and I always said and still do say, "Jinx, you owe me a coke (or soda)!" Funny thing is, I do not even like soda. :lol:
    Elf67 wrote:
    Has anyone ever tried printing their purchase history? I want to uninstall store content and reinstall the larger sets like the compilations first, followed by any non compilation sets, and lastly single items. It would be easier if I could print out my purchase history and check it off as I reinstall items. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I have not printed mine out, but I copied and pasted all of my purchase history (text only - too much with the pics), and you put them in a doc file, where I am also incorporating links (so my boyfriend can go after what I have). But you could copy, paste, and then print with or without the pictures. :)
    TheZommbie wrote:
    afew weeks ago my aunt comes in and says i bought a sims 3 game for ya.. i was like oh really what is it turned around and i was KPST... i was like howmuch u pay for it? she said 1$
    That is actually a great deal, for what I have seen people paying for it, wherever did she find it so cheap? Great job getting Eloquently Eclectic Collection & the the few others that did too :mrgreen: (I saw it at 94% and did not even get to open the page), but I wasn't getting the shiny green yet anyway. Maybe a third go? Please do not hate me fellow dd'ers! :oops:

KleineMuff, idkairplane, StacyBaby019, Mcdowellashc, & everyone else who tried to get Eloquently Eclectic Collection :( and got that dang message, "We're sorry, the item you are trying to purchase is no longer available." I am so sorry! :cry: I do hope it does come around again and they up the amount available! :wink:

Sorry for my long response here, but this was 10 pages worth, and hope I did not miss anything. Well, back to OE for me... Good luck EVERYONE, go get dem DEALS! :mrgreen:
  • LauraRhoadesLauraRhoades Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    NagyGina wrote:

@LauraRhoades: thank you for pointing out that Google add-on :mrgreen: , I will have to try it out after deadlines, for I work with the computer sounds off and listen to low music while I work. :roll: maybe I should find an app for my windows phone that will vibrate when it shows up, I do have the dd on there.

@NagyGina, No problem. :-) You don't have to have the sound on...a box will pop up on your screen to let you know when the text you specified is detected, regardless of if you have the sound on or off (the option for sound is in the settings).

It would be great to get this on mobile--will have to look into that.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited April 2014
    Mediterranean villa went full time. Posted long after deal ended.

Voodoo doll lasted fulĺ time
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • pangolin22pangolin22 Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2014
    March 2011 sure takes its sweet time for being such a (IMHO) nice deal. I got it free due to picking up Street Couture for 228 last time around. NagyGina, it's so nice of you to comment on everyone's posts and like our memories :) I certainly don't mind that your message was long. Anyway... off to bed for me!!

March 2011 finally ended at 31 past the hour
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited April 2014
    March 2011 ended early. I am posting 6 minutes after front row started. Deal ended with about 1:40 remaining
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2014
    BIG NEWS: I caved an got the toilet yesterday! I'm ashamed :oops: but I just didn't want to be offered it any more xD I'm glad I didn't stay up for EEC as it looks like I probably would have missed it anyway! Now all that's left in the rotation that I want is TNM(at the cheapest price as I should get it for free) and the dukes faire:)
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for posting the deal times, you guys! And good to see you, Jodi. :) I've been at my computer working, so I was able to keep the DD page in the background and keep an eye on things too, and even get March 2011 for free! Even when I've been able to watch the deals, it helps to double check my data against everyone else's, so thank you all so much.

The spreadsheet is up to date, and I'm about to turn in for the night. I'll catch up on some replies in the morning too, when my brain will theoretically be in working order. I greatly appreciate any deal times that are posted throughout the next ~6 hours!
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited April 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Mia, I took a quick look at the world and it looks GREAT. I`m downloading it right now. Do you (or anyone else) know the size of the map? The download page says "World Size: 0x0". If it is a large map, I can`t play it and therefore I won`t install it immediately.
    I don't really know. There's a thread in the CAW forum, you can ask there. I think it's large, though. It's absolutely beautiful, but the artists left it unpopulated, so that players can populate it as they want. They figured it should be up to the players if they want supernatural Sims, for instance, and in what variety. There are a number of households in the thread to choose from, to download, and to place into empty homes.

Mia, thank you so much for the link! I`ll check that out later today.
    My computer is a very old one and does not have enough RAM. Unfortunately, the mainboard can not handle more than 2 GB of RAM and that`s why I can`t play larger worlds. I`m slowly working on a small map (512 x 512) to be able to play the game again when I`m done with my world.

Elf67 wrote:
    Has anyone ever tried printing their purchase history? I want to uninstall store content and reinstall the larger sets like the compilations first, followed by any non compilation sets, and lastly single items. It would be easier if I could print out my purchase history and check it off as I reinstall items. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I want to organize my store downloads too and I started to make a list with all the purchases I made. My purchase history is a total mess. Some items are shown twice or three times and it`s frustating to work through the purchase history. The worst thing is that I get logged out automatically after a certain time period and have to log in again. I`m not sure if I´m patient enough to complete my list :oops:

tamalinn wrote:
    On the one hand, I hope this list goes around again because I (like many, many others) missed the Eloquently Eclectic Collection (and I'm going to miss the March 2011 compilation in a couple of hours), but on the other, would anyone else like to see a new list? Or maybe more new things added to this one?

I`m really sorry for all of you who didn`t get the sets they wanted. I was able to get the Eloquently Eclectic Collection during the last round. The only thing I want to have from this list is The Duke of Bows. I`m voting for a new list which really should include the items that sold out too fast to grab them.
    Have a nice day!