Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED! DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started 1 April; Ended 21 May

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited April 2014
    Cotes d'Ambonnay? My main sim lives in the little town so I've been using the cows on that lot by the festival lot that's near the fortune teller's wagon. I love that they sprinkled the fake cows around the map too, it makes me giggle!
    Yeah, I figured that for my Sim I would end up buying a second lot to do farming, but it just seemed appropriate for some of the peasant Sims to also have cows and chickens. But I couldn't fit the cows on most of their lots.

I managed to remove a few things from La Petite Ferme in order to fit the cows on it (as well as chickens), and they'll still have room for a garden. I'm just moving in some of their pre-made families before I put my own in and actually play.
  • jennaoramajennaorama Posts: 131 New Member
    edited April 2014
    But I couldn't fit the cows on most of their lots.

You can get away with only having one of the entrances to the cows open, Sims are quite happy and don't get stompy and shouty. I always use MOO (moo cows :lol: ) and place them up against a fence.

EDIT: Boot*y Heel Teen ended on/very nearly on the hour. Sorry I don't know how long in it got, sorry.
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited April 2014
    Classic Gumball Machine sold out with 19 mins left on the clock
    Have a nice day!
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited April 2014
    The gumball machine sold out early with about 19 mins left at about 39 past the hr
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited April 2014
    Cotes d'Ambonnay? My main sim lives in the little town so I've been using the cows on that lot by the festival lot that's near the fortune teller's wagon. I love that they sprinkled the fake cows around the map too, it makes me giggle!
    Yeah, I figured that for my Sim I would end up buying a second lot to do farming, but it just seemed appropriate for some of the peasant Sims to also have cows and chickens. But I couldn't fit the cows on most of their lots.

I managed to remove a few things from La Petite Ferme in order to fit the cows on it (as well as chickens), and they'll still have room for a garden. I'm just moving in some of their pre-made families before I put my own in and actually play.

Mia, I took a quick look at the world and it looks GREAT. I`m downloading it right now. Do you (or anyone else) know the size of the map? The download page says "World Size: 0x0". If it is a large map, I can`t play it and therefore I won`t install it immediately.
    Have a nice day!
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited April 2014
    So, back from the doctor ... and new medication and one more week sick leave...slowly it is becoming annoying. :roll: I wish the coughing would stop and my voice would recover. I need my voice for the job. The good side of it, I have time for sims.
    ...and you think talking toasters have existential crises.
    Oh please not talking toasters... :shock: imagine you have to discuss your breakfast every morning with a toaster... :lol: :P

FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Kuroi Nekomata - Ahh, so you too were brought down by the awesome deal on the uber toilet. Welcome to the dark side. :)
    Thank you for the welcome. :wink:
    And I thought I was already at the dark side. There must be more than one dark side.

And thank you that you are making the spreadsheet. That's very nice of you. :thumbup:

jennaorama wrote:
    You can get away with only having one of the entrances to the cows open, Sims are quite happy and don't get stompy and shouty. I always use MOO (moo cows :lol: ) and place them up against a fence.
    Thanks for this tip. ;)
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    The spreadsheet is currently up to date. I'll be out of the house for the next few hours. I'll do my best to check on the deals from my phone, but if anyone is around and can post the times especially for the next 2-3 deals, it would be a huge help! Chances are the first 2 won't sell out, but you never know...
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    Awesome! Next week? What day? Mine is on the 27th :D And happy early b-day to us :D
    I'm the 29th, so hopefully only a few days before the May venue is released.

Happy early birthday to you! (I'll try to remember again on Sunday -- are you in an Australian, American or European time zone? I don't want to be an entire day early or late! :P )
    Devalaous wrote:
    Thanks, Kelly and Mia, for those gifts. Im taking a large break from the game and the irritation of always missing everything once again. The Bistro is going to be like the Greenhouse, I missed that one about 9 times. Playing FFXHD at the moment, its fun not dealing with crashes and bugs for once.
    You're welcome! Anything to cheer up my clone. Totally understand taking some time away -- I could do with that too, although I'd prefer taking a break from studying. Pffft, if only that could ever happen! :lol:
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    I have to admit I'm really excited to hear someone mention that they're learning InDesign. I had to learn InDesign back in college too, but from an artist's/designer's perspective rather than a writer's.
    That's so awesome! I've thought about using the Creative Cloud (I have the trial version right now), but I'm stuck trying to justify the expense. I think I get a student discount too, but I really can't imagine paying for any of the programs on a regular basis without more of a purpose for which to use them.

I can totally relate to how satisfying it is though. Everything is just so neat and tidy! I find it is a special kind of joy to zoom around a two-page spread, checking all gutters are at exactly 5mm, and that everything is PERFECTLY in line. Probably did some damage to my eyes staring so closely at the screen like that, but oh well. I did have a bit of a rough day though; we had our first assessment today (after TWO days learning not only how to use InDesign but also a Mac). We had to do a two-page newspaper lay-out in a certain style, using a few pre-selected articles and pictures -- we had to lay them all out on the page, make everything fit well and be the right size, edit the articles to fit and adjust the formatting accordingly. I started off really slow, with my InDesign crashing and having all manner of nightmare with getting a file to open (some other idiot in the class opened it straight from the folder, rather than saving it first so that it was constantly 'in use'), but everything seemed to work out well. Except when I left, I realised the copy I submitted didn't have the page number flipped for the left hand side (essentially, on the right side it says 'ARTS 13' and on the left should say '12 ARTS' but I left it as 'ARTS 12'). There's a whole story behind why that happened, with InDesign crashing at the exact wrong moment and then getting distracted when I went to fix it by the teacher chasing up the person who was keeping that file in use... but even so, I still didn't pick up on it later and fix it.

So, it's now 2am and I can't sleep because I'm so freaked out. It was such an obvious, dumb mistake -- and a mistake that I didn't even make so much as overlook later -- but this teacher told us we wouldn't even pass if we made any spelling errors! I'm totally terrified. I'm just about to send her an email 'fessing up to it, so hopefully she thinks I'm not stupid, just... silly.

I wasn't in a great place with the whole thing though, since things at home have been getting a little bad. Not terrible, but my dad showed up late last week out of the blue to give my brother a birthday present -- when my dad isn't even meant to know our address, no less come around to our house. Now, he's been calling a lot, and I'm terrified he's going to come back or harass us more for my birthday. I didn't sleep at all last night, after he called, so I suppose those are reasonable circumstances to forget to re-correct a page number.

I just don't know how to say that to my teacher, without coming off like I'm begging for grades. I'm not, but I just feel like she needs to understand I'm not normally that stupid. As unprofessional as it is to mess that up, in the professional world I would have been in no state to come in at all today -- if this had been a normal class, I wouldn't have been able to either; I just didn't have much choice with this one-off assessment in a compulsory subject. The Program Convenor, rather than teacher, is well aware of my issues with my dad -- he doesn't know about the visits and phone calls over the past few weeks, but does know there's a loooooong and nasty history there. I end up a total wreck so easily when my dad is involved.

But, that's all so negative, so I'm moving onto this:
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Oh, and I wanted to say thank you so much for the gift!
    I'm glad I could put a smile on your face! I absolutely adore that towel rack! It's just such a necessary piece of clutter. We've always had one, not exactly like it but not terribly dissimilar, since I was little, so it just seems such an important part of any bathroom; I mean, wall racks are great too, but it seems like you can't beat a good stand like that! Honestly, where else would you put your fresh clothes? (nobody answer that, because I know a lot of people have very different processes for getting clothes on after a shower and I don't wanna know!) :P
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited April 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:
    Ximph wrote:
    Awesome! Next week? What day? Mine is on the 27th :D And happy early b-day to us :D
    I'm the 29th, so hopefully only a few days before the May venue is released.

Happy early birthday to you! (I'll try to remember again on Sunday -- are you in an Australian, American or European time zone? I don't want to be an entire day early or late! :P )

I am on the USA West Coast time zone. Though I tend to stay up late all the time XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    I am on the USA West Coast time zone. Though I tend to stay up late all the time XD
    Haha, that should be easy to remember then -- my boyfriend is in Colorado, so only an hour ahead of you. I should be able to sneak in a message somewhere in those 24 hours!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
    edited April 2014
    Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom went full time with 15 % sold.
  • ryuutaneryuutane Posts: 208
    edited April 2014
    It ended at 39 minutes past the hour just like India Inspiration- Bengal Silk Cropped Top (which also expired).
    edited April 2014
    ryuutane wrote:
    It ended at 39 minutes past the hour just like India Inspiration- Bengal Silk Cropped Top (which also expired).
    I knew I forgot something... :oops:

• charmyvalcharmyval Posts: 195 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Greetings~ I'll be playing again with my new gets today (hopefully). Had a dentist appt today and got my crown on so I need to just relax after that horror is done.

Seeing as most things I want anymore are beyond my point count atm, I made sure to get up to get the stupid toilet for 84 points in the middle of the night. :P I'll try to use the ugly thing once but at least I won't be offered it anymore. :mrgreen:

I also nabbed Through The Spy Glass so I can get Fortune's Folly later for free maybe if it goes on a deal sometime.

Now to work back my points with ads again.
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited April 2014
    Two-Arm Floor Lamp sold out with 28 minutes on the clock at 12 minutes past the hour.
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just waiting to snag the rest of that Futureshock Bedroom for free. -fingers crossed- x)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited April 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Mia, I took a quick look at the world and it looks GREAT. I`m downloading it right now. Do you (or anyone else) know the size of the map? The download page says "World Size: 0x0". If it is a large map, I can`t play it and therefore I won`t install it immediately.
    I don't really know. There's a thread in the CAW forum, you can ask there. I think it's large, though. It's absolutely beautiful, but the artists left it unpopulated, so that players can populate it as they want. They figured it should be up to the players if they want supernatural Sims, for instance, and in what variety. There are a number of households in the thread to choose from, to download, and to place into empty homes.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited April 2014
    Has anyone ever tried printing their purchase history? I want to uninstall store content and reinstall the larger sets like the compilations first, followed by any non compilation sets, and lastly single items. It would be easier if I could print out my purchase history and check it off as I reinstall items. Does anyone know if this is possible?
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well, Old Town: Starter Kit ended about 14 minutes early, deals now start at around 57 minutes past the hour :-)

• CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited April 2014
    Elf67 wrote:
    Has anyone ever tried printing their purchase history? I want to uninstall store content and reinstall the larger sets like the compilations first, followed by any non compilation sets, and lastly single items. It would be easier if I could print out my purchase history and check it off as I reinstall items. Does anyone know if this is possible?

You might be able to do it from crinrict's S3S browser, but I'm not sure. Out of curiosity, why are you doing this? Sounds like a lot of trouble.

Edited for punctuation
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited April 2014
    Actually, I don't have much to uninstall and reinstall. But I got a lot of sets and compilations for free or a minimal amount of simpoints during last week's sale. And for some reason, when using a Mac, you have to download each item one by one. So I'd rather download the bigger sets (especially the compilations), then anything left over. Plus, unless I check off an item as I download it, I sometimes accidently download it twice (since items may appear several times depending upon how they were purchased).
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for keeping an eye out, guys. Spreadsheet is updated to the beginning of Luxe Lounge Spa.

Erin - I totally understand you not wanting to take the leap and pay for InDesign at this stage. In my profession, there's really no getting around it, but it makes sense for someone in your shoes to want to wait and see where your career leads you first, because who knows if you'll end up needing it? My entire college department was Mac-based because it's industry standard for the profession, and that's why I use a Mac, and I've always felt that Macs are very intuitive, but it's still asking a lot to have someone learn InDesign AND Mac at the same time in one week.

As for the mistake with flipping the page numbers, again, I completely understand your fretting. And I understand that your teacher said you won't pass if you have a spelling error. I don't know if your professors would agree with me, but the way I see it, a spelling error is a much bigger deal, and it can make a professional look sloppy at best and stupid at worst. But not flipping the page number really seems like more of a design issue, and it's something that the average reader might not even notice, and it seems to be more a matter of general practice that can change from publication to publication rather than a spelling error that's clearly black/white, right/wrong (or at least that's what it seems like from my layman's perspective). So maybe she won't put as much weight on that error as on a spelling error. And if she knew that you were dealing with technical issues during the class, then maybe she'll be more lenient too.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this nightmare with your dad, and I can only imagine having to deal with something like that at the same time as this intensive course. :hugs: Are there any counselors at the school that you might be able to talk to about that and how it affected your classwork, to help get you more settled? When it comes to personal issues and school issues clashing, it seems like that type of person might be best suited to helping you weigh your options. When I had health issues that occasionally interfered with my schoolwork, working with a school counselor helped me.
    edited April 2014
    Elf67 wrote:
    You might try to make screenshots and print these out. Just an idea.
    Otherwise, if your purchase history is not that big, you might consider to set up something like an Excel spreadsheet with your purchase which you update while your store content grows.
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm waiting for the Eloquently Eclectic Collection but it's already 1:40 am here and I'm not sure how long I can stay awake.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited April 2014
    im on my pc and waiting for Eloquently Eclectic Collection missed it last time

..edit now i just need futureshock kitchen