Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy Test

First I would like to say, I am not sure if this is in the right forum, but it can be moved if its not, right?

I have been going crazy lately looking for a working pregnancy test for Sims 3. I found one and got excited, put it in my game, but it didn't work. Thats when I noticed it was made for Sims 2. Now I am upset about it, because no other has been found that works. Here is the link to it: http://sims2artists.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=02d9376c3e78add02f31e898f8f2332f&topic=3161.0

I don't know how possible it is, but I want someone to convert it into a Sims 3 mod as well. It would be so amazing, because plenty of people have been looking for one.

Thank you! :D

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2014
    What are you trying to test for? Just whether a sim is pregnant? NRaas Master Controller can do that. Click on the sim/Nraas/MasterController/Basic then in that menu look for a 'Baby' entry. If there isn't one then the sim isn't pregnant.

If you want to check the baby's gender, any sim who is in the medical career can do that if they are a high enough level. That will fix the gender of the first born, from what I understand. Then you can use apples/watermelons to influence the gender of any multiples. Apples/watermelons also affect the gender of the first born too, but I've read that you can use the doctor trick to fix the first born gender then use the fruit for the opposite gender in order to try for a mixed gender multiple birth.

MasterController has similar functionality to set the gender of the first born. I mainly just use apples/watermelons though.

Other than the in game method (which more or less fixes the gender instead of checks the gender) I don't know of a mod that can check to see what the baby's gender is. Perhaps because you can increase the chances of a specific gender with the fruit (apples for boys and watermelons for girls).

If you want to test for multiples, I don't know of a reliable method. I think that's determined at birth. There is a Set Multiple entry under Baby in MasterController but I don't know what those numbers really mean. You can increase the chance various ways in game though (having the pregnant sim listen to the kids radio or watch kids TV, and perhaps the pregnancy books but I'm not sure about the books). And of course the fertility elixir and LTR come into play too.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    My guess is that the OP is wanting one to use in a story. I'm unaware of there being one. I recently was telling a story wherein a Sim wanted to find out whether she was pregnant. I used the Chemistry table from Ambitions. I had a Sim create a yellow potion and a blue one. I first set the yellow potion on a table next to the chemistry station. I then took a photo of the 'sample'. Later, I replaced it with the blue one and took another picture. That was the best I could do for story purposes. And yes, she turned out to be pregnant with twins!

If you don't have Ambitions, you could also use the Science Research Station from University.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I used the Chemistry table from Ambitions. I had a Sim create a yellow potion and a blue one. I first set the yellow potion on a table next to the chemistry station. I then took a photo of the 'sample'. Later, I replaced it with the blue one and took another picture.

That's pretty clever! I would have just taken a picture of the her walking into the hospital.

OMG! I just complimented your cleverness. How sim.
  • Options
    PiggiesRockPiggiesRock Posts: 16 New Member
    edited April 2014
    TreyNutz wrote:
    What are you trying to test for? Just whether a sim is pregnant? NRaas Master Controller can do that. Click on the sim/Nraas/MasterController/Basic then in that menu look for a 'Baby' entry. If there isn't one then the sim isn't pregnant.

If you want to check the baby's gender, any sim who is in the medical career can do that if they are a high enough level. That will fix the gender of the first born, from what I understand. Then you can use apples/watermelons to influence the gender of any multiples. Apples/watermelons also affect the gender of the first born too, but I've read that you can use the doctor trick to fix the first born gender then use the fruit for the opposite gender in order to try for a mixed gender multiple birth.

MasterController has similar functionality to set the gender of the first born. I mainly just use apples/watermelons though.

Other than the in game method (which more or less fixes the gender instead of checks the gender) I don't know of a mod that can check to see what the baby's gender is. Perhaps because you can increase the chances of a specific gender with the fruit (apples for boys and watermelons for girls).

If you want to test for multiples, I don't know of a reliable method. I think that's determined at birth. There is a Set Multiple entry under Baby in MasterController but I don't know what those numbers really mean. You can increase the chance various ways in game though (having the pregnant sim listen to the kids radio or watch kids TV, and perhaps the pregnancy books but I'm not sure about the books). And of course the fertility elixir and LTR come into play too.

Thanks! I never really thought of that
  • Options
    PiggiesRockPiggiesRock Posts: 16 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I had a Sim create a yellow potion and a blue one. I first set the yellow potion on a table next to the chemistry station. I then took a photo of the 'sample'. Later, I replaced it with the blue one and took another picture. That was the best I could do for story purposes. And yes, she turned out to be pregnant with twins!

That is very clever. And congrats on your Sims twins!