Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

car relationships?

I havent installed the recent update pack yet. It comes with the car relationship thing. What is it? Are there any advantages to it?

Comments

• ricmckinneyricmckinney Posts: 2,371 New Member
    edited September 2010
    As far as I know, it only adds your car to your list of relationships and the relationship grows the more you drive the car.
  • gnaahhgnaahh Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. My car is my best friend now. You can also name your car. The only thing is you have to drive it alot. Just make sure you drive to work instead of riding in the car that shows up at your house.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited September 2010
    I give my Sims two cars. Will it still work if I put the in the inventory? Cause my Sims always use both cars.
  • DeathBahamutXXXDeathBahamutXXX Posts: 295 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Are jobs the only way to get the car in your relationships or will just driving around do it? I have a sim I just created in the criminal path who is using his car to go to work but he always has his car in his inventory at the end of his work schedule.
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2010
    Are jobs the only way to get the car in your relationships or will just driving around do it? I have a sim I just created in the criminal path who is using his car to go to work but he always has his car in his inventory at the end of his work schedule.

It will do that if there are no parking lots (or open parking spaces) at your destination. When he gets off, just click/cancel the car pool car and click his car in the personal inventory, or click the go home arrow on his portrait or click a lot.
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2010
    gnaahh wrote:
    Yeah. My car is my best friend now. You can also name your car. The only thing is you have to drive it alot. Just make sure you drive to work instead of riding in the car that shows up at your house.

They don't buff out any smudges? Get mad at other household members driving it? Drive faster with buddy car? New car smell last longer? Can you have 2 buddy vehicles like car and motorcycle?

Is it a safe bet that EA might have drop the ball on that trait because naming and friend status just doesn't cut spending a trait for it.
  • kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Jaeger wrote:
    gnaahh wrote:

They don't buff out any smudges? Get mad at other household members driving it? Drive faster with buddy car? New car smell last longer? Can you have 2 buddy vehicles like car and motorcycle?

Is it a safe bet that EA might have drop the ball on that trait because naming and friend status just doesn't cut spending a trait for it.

Completely agree. As far as I can tell, there's no real benefit for a Sim developing a strong relationship with their car. I'd even settle for a positive moodlet when they're driving. Something that'd boost their mood for a little while even after they're done spending time with their best-friend-car. I don't really see the point in them having relationship-status with their car other than that its kind of funny to see a car listed among their friends/family.
  • AngelDXAngelDX Posts: 85 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm not seeing a relationship for my sims & their car/bike..... I even made a new sims with the new trait... how do I get it to go in the relationship tab?
  • kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited September 2010
    My Sim took his car out a bunch of times before the relationship showed up.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited September 2010
    My immediate thought on this notion of having a "relationship" with a car is that EA has "Jumped the shark" on this one! :-O

Yeah, yeah, I know. Some people really do "love" their cars, but come on . . . I had a boyfriend many years ago, who was obsessed with cars. We didn't last long.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TahliaTahlia Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2010
    Im having same prob Angel, my car relationships are not showing up in friend tab
  • katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited October 2010
    My immediate thought on this notion of having a "relationship" with a car is that EA has "Jumped the shark" on this one! :-O

Yeah, yeah, I know. Some people really do "love" their cars, but come on . . . I had a boyfriend many years ago, who was obsessed with cars. We didn't last long.
    lol, yea BF and cars get to much! :P

i havnt got a relashanship with my sloppy! :P poor dina and nina drive it around the whole time! :lol:
  • n3rid_13n3rid_13 Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    lol i though of it as a bug when i 1st saw it =p
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2010
    While it is not a bug per se, the whole thing in itself, however, is bugged. My Sims took their motorcycles with them on vacation and now formerly BFF are complete strangers. The vehicles simply disappeared from the panel.
  • RozziemozzieRozziemozzie Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    n3rid_13 wrote:
    lol i though of it as a bug when i 1st saw it =p

Haha lol me too! Fiona from the single moms moved in when she married my sim, and under relationships her car was their! I took advantage of it and called it Micheal after her husband.. :shock: