Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod to STOP calls for Dates??

Okay, this was annoying initially, but it's just cost me a family headstone. Yes, I was in the process of moving it when a married individual called my married individual and asked if they wanted to do on a date. Responding 'No' the gravestone disappeared. Does anyone know if there is a mod to stop this stuff? It's absolutely ridiculous and admittedly as I hadn't played for sometime, you forget exactly how frequently they come and how much precedence these calls take.

Also, does anyone know if there is a mod to stop the constant reminders about a party that you have said 'No Thanks' to?
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2014
    Good question. The love letters and gifts my sims get really bug me. I'm forever clearing out the family inventory of unwanted objects (even once got one of those Hunter Killer fighter jet statues). For some reason I never get calls for dates anymore for my married sims. Don't know if that's one of my current mods or what.

Anyways, I found 2 mods that deal with the issue. One is at simasylum.com by Shimrod. You need to register to view and download. A newer mod is at MTS: http://modthesims.info/d/500924 . That one has more options, putting in my game now.

I don't know about those party invitations, you'll have to google. Since UL I don't get calls about those anymore, just the occasional text and notification.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks everyone so much. Yes, they're getting to the point of critical mass. I'm not kidding when I say that my three adult/young adult sims receive at least 4 phone calls for dates and two of them are married and none of them have a dating profile set up. EA really should have set the code up so that calls for dates only occur if your sim does the online dating thing. I'm installing that right now though as it really is making the game unenjoyable.

I'll google, but does anyone know off-hand if there is a mod to stop the pets from 'guarding' objects if they don't have the aggressive trait? This trait is sooo easy for your pet to pick up because they randomly guard everything and it's incredibly annoying. I had to get rid of an adorable dog because it developed this trait and kept growling at the family members. Then again this is EA and they don't really know the term 'in moderation' as everything seems to be done in overkill ie the Haunted House, they'll just go in over and over and over again. Sigh.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't have Pets so have no clue about pet mods. I agree though that EA tends to overdo it. Seasons is nice, but it's more like the Weather EP. Nice days are so rare I turn precipitation on and off regularly.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2014
    Very true TreyNutz! It rains constantly, as I told my daughter it reminds me of Ireland. So far haven't found a pet trait mod but hopefully I'll be able to even this game out completely with mods.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't think I could tolerate playing the Sims without NRAAS mods. EA overdoes almost every feature and the unfixed glitches can break games.

For the dating call issue, I installed Retuner:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/EA+Tuning+FAQ#EA Tuning FAQ-How do I turn off the Seasons Attraction Date phone calls ?

To disable the functionality using [Retuner], from the City Hall menu, use the menu "NRaas \ Retuner \ Settings \ General \ By Tunable XML \ Sims3.Gameplay.Socializing \ AttractionNPCBehaviorController" and set the field <kAttractionPhoneCallChance> to "0" to completely disable the system, or a number closer to "0" to reduce the frequency of calls.

You can also disable or change the number of love letters/gifts your sims get per day:
    <kAttractionGiftLetterMaxChancePerDay value="0">

BTW, you can use NRAAS MC and Cheats module to change traits. Or you can use the in-game cheat. With testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on the sim/pet and choose modify traits. (The in-game cheat is much more limited than using nraas.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on